The Walking Dead Season 3 Ep Review - "walk With Me"

the walking dead season 3 michonne andrea the governer the helicopter

The Walking Dead "Walk With Me" Review (164 )

What was your opinion of this week's show?

1. Excellent (71 [43.29%] - )

43.29%

2. Good - Some Critiques (81 [49.39%] - )

49.39%

3. Fair - Not what I was expecting (8 [4.88%] - )

4.88%

4. Poor (4 [2.44%] - )

2.44%

xHan

xHan

S-mart Employee

• Members

The women on the Gov's bed looked like a grown women.

I know a tiny bit about that comic spoiler and it wasn't what I expected. Or am I way off base?

backwoodsroamer

backwoodsroamer

The Amiable Roamer

• Members
  • LocationThe Isle of Misfit Toys

No, I think that was lieutenant Wess, I believe.

I may be wrong

You're right.

"Kiss your Mother goodnight, and remember that God saves."

kxwjZFU.png

xHan

xHan

S-mart Employee

• Members
Serenity the one who was in te bed was the one who showed Andrea and michonne around

DukeSilver

DukeSilver

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationWinterfell
I think we're talking about the tea too much...

In all seriousness, I liked the episode. More than I expected to. I like David Morrissey as the Governor, so far. I haven't read Rise of the Governor so I didn't really have any concerns about the back story of the character being different. I thought he was creepy, and it's interesting to see the way people in the town react to him. We're already seeing a lot of shades from the comic character, so I think it'll be cool to see him evolve into a full-on villain.

Merle was really interesting to me. I don't think we're necessarily seeing a more "tolerant" Merle -- I think we're seeing a more sober Merle, and he's obviously learned to keep his bigotry (which I'm sure is still there) to himself. Doesn't seem like the Gov would put up with that sort of behavior. I was really surprised to see Merle put in his place like that, and I'm definitely getting the feeling that he'll end up siding against the Governor when all is said and done.

I don't even want to comment on Andrea because I'm really 50/50 about it. I hope that the writers have something planned for her character, but I'm admittedly losing hope. I realize she's sick, getting over a harsh winter, and has apparently been drugged with zombie fishtank juice, but man, I really hope she doesn't fall for the Governor like they seem to be hinting at. Really like Michonne, though. Her constant glaring was pretty funny, and: "My shit never stopped being together." :D

I was also a bit disappointed that we didn't get the "57 channels..." line; just like in Guts, when Rick failed to say, "I need to scratch my nose..." But I can live without it

3VHWYjA.gif

mr teaspoon

mr teaspoon

Roamer

• Members
Pretty good episode. I liked the way The Governor's true nature was revealed. I think all of us who read the comics knew that certain elements were inevitably going to be toned down, and that being the case I like the switch from barbarian Mongol to English gentleman (edit: brainfart, not English in the show).

I continue to hate both the way Andrea is written and Laurie Holden's performance. You can see that the writers are going for 'tired and suspicious' but it just comes across as pointlessly contrarian.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

That's a bold comparison.

Oh shut up.

I'm also not keen on the hushed curiosity over Michonnes relationship with her pets. Why is Andrea acting like it's a big deal that she beheaded them in a moment of necessity? Why does whatshisface press her about their identities? I feel like these are questions that wouldn't come up and exist only because the writers are trying to make it a 'moment' when/if the answer is revealed.

Also didn't care for the way the writers got around just calling him The Governor. First we're told he doesn't like the nickname but it stuck. Then 45 minutes later somebody wants to know his real name and suddenly he 'never tells'. Whatever. I don't need or want to know it, I'm just fine with The Governor. But if you're gonna explain it, do it better.

Final nitpick is that I really don't see racist biker meth head Merle bothering to remember the likes of Amy.

Zombeemom

Zombeemom

Lurker

• Members
Good grief, I hope Andrea is just taking her attraction just to get info. She can't be that dumb, can she? It seemed kinda forced, don't know if that was the acting or the fact that Andrea was acting.

Merle did seem a little too submissive, but we'll see how things shake out when Daryl comes into the pic. I don't know if everyone is just scared our what, but it seemed very Stepford Wife-ish at Woodbury. Is there something in that tea that Milton makes?

Basically, the Governor takes people in to see what they are worth to him. Get what he can and eliminate what he no longer needs. He knows there is still info to get from Andrea and Michionne.

Not my favorite episide, but I realize it is a necessary evil to get to the next stage. Bring on the next stage!

meena76

meena76

S-mart Employee

• Members

Serenity the one who was in te bed was the one who showed Andrea and michonne around

That's what I thought.
I heart Rick. Shane had to go.

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • LocationThe Prydwen

I really hope she doesn't fall for the Governor like they seem to be hinting at. :D

It wouldn't surprise me if she did. Seems like a logical next step for the "TV Andrea." There's a certain darkness to Andrea's character. She contemplated abandoning the group and running off with Shane, and she took his side in, well.. pretty much everything. She seems drawn to domineering, aggressive, unstable men who are prone to violence.

Shield yourself from those not bound to you by steel, for they are the blind. Aid them when you can, but lose not sight of yourself. 

Zombeemom

Zombeemom

Lurker

• Members
And I noticed that Andrea and Michionne hardly flinched when told that everyone turns no matter how they die.

mr teaspoon

mr teaspoon

Roamer

• Members
I don't have a problem with Andrea seeming to be considering The Governor's offer to stay. We know he's twisted, but there haven't been any telltale signs she could have picked up on.

steven8888

steven8888

Infected

• Members
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
i Know there was not much action in this episode but if you think bout the whole season overall its gonna be jam packed of action.
so its okay to have an episode like this every now and then to set out the story because a tv series full of action and no story can be quite dull.
Thoughts of the gov: Loved him, really turning into the great comic book villain Just waiting to see the showdown between Rick and the governor and Daryl and Merle and T-Dog.

Zombeemom

Zombeemom

Lurker

• Members
I'm assuming the same person that does Daryl's dye job is doing the Governor's. Both are horrendous, I could do better with a box of Just for Men.

Maztarded

Maztarded

Infected

• Members
  • LocationBirmingham, UK

I don't think Rick would trust Merle that much.

I think Daryls token that role! you got the wrong dixon brother lol
Nobody Cries When Everyone Dies Because... No One's Alive.

keith2772

keith2772

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • Locationwernersville, PA

i Know there was not much action in this episode but if you think bout the whole season overall its gonna be jam packed of action.
so its okay to have an episode like this every now and then to set out the story because a tv series full of action and no story can be quite dull.
Thoughts of the gov: Loved him, really turning into the great comic book villain Just waiting to see the showdown between Rick and the governor and Daryl and Merle and T-Dog.

That's the way I feel about it too. Non stop action is fine for a 2 hour movie, but doesn't work very well in a tv series. Yep, even action can get boring after awhile.

Grénádé

Grénádé

Lurker

• Members
I have a feelin' Merle is gonna do something cool.

Sonaliegh

Sonaliegh

S-mart Employee

• Members
I thought this episode was decent. Not great, but good enough.

I don't know much about The Governor from the comics, so I was confused as to what the hell he was doing with fishtanks full of heads. He stares at them... and then what?

Michonne had me cracking up the entire episode. Rolling her eyes and telling Andrea "My shit never stopped being together." Ha!

As for Merle, he's definitely different. I thought his reaction to Rick and Daryl would be a lot more agressive, but perhaps they're saving that for their reunion? And it seems as if his racism has taken a backseat to his job. He was out there working with Black, Hispanic and Asian men without dropping one slur. I was pleasantly surprised!

Maztarded

Maztarded

Infected

• Members
  • LocationBirmingham, UK
I was pleasantly surprised to find out that we were finally going to meet Merle again!
The way they introduced him was brilliant, you really didn't expect it to happen that way and the look on Andrea's face when she heard that familiar voice; which once called her 'sugar tits' was priceless!
I haven't read the comics so I was really shocked and surprised when the Gov killed the soldiers, I jumped to my laptop screen in hopes to save them! Lol
I found it a bit weird that Merle actually cared about who died in his previous group, it didn't really seem like the Merle we were introduced to or his submission to the Gov.
Michonne is observing everything like a hawk in Woodbury! Which is necessary, I loved the 'My shit was always together' it was a bit of light hearted comedy in this dark episode.
All in all I'm loving this season and think the writers truly couldn't have done more!!
I missed not seeing my sweet Daryl but we shall soon be reunited with our loved ones! :)
Nobody Cries When Everyone Dies Because... No One's Alive.

Watkins

Watkins

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationAlabama
I'm not sure if this has already been addressed, but I know you all remember Randall from Season 2 who Shane killed. When he said "Other group" do you think he was talking about Woodburry? Or just a random group that we won't ever know of?
The Rise of The Governor

lufflyness

lufflyness

S-mart Employee

• Members
The episode was a little slower than I would have liked, but there were some really brilliant moments. The Governor's speech was my favorite, it really hit the nail on exactly what he is doing yet was so subtle (David Morrissey is amazing). I also like how Andrea didn't instantly buy into it. Given her characterization thus far I was afraid she would just come across as weak and stupid, but she was the one asking the hard hitting questions at first, and I can't blame her for falling for the Governor's words.

I was kind of bothered by the overemphasis on the tea... Am I missing something or is there something more to that? And I'm a little worried about all the new nameless characters... I hope we don't keep seeing a bunch of faces that end up never anything like with Jimmy and Patricia.

Boone

Boone

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUp the Academy
Man I just watched this episode again - it felt like a season 2 episode... But nonetheless, it was interesting. It looks like Merle CAN either go down the good or bad path, because it sure seems like he wants to find Daryl.

justlikeportal

justlikeportal

Infected

• Members

I'm not sure if this has already been addressed, but I know you all remember Randall from Season 2 who Shane killed. When he said "Other group" do you think he was talking about Woodburry? Or just a random group that we won't ever know of?

I thought about this too, but it seems like the Governor likes to lead the group outings/they don't go out at night. But idk, could have been at a time when Woodbury was less established in terms of leadership or rules.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Final nitpick is that I really don't see racist biker meth head Merle bothering to remember the likes of Amy.

A young hot blond chick? Considering his nick name for Andrea was "sugar tits", I'm sure they were both on his radar.

PennyDreadful

PennyDreadful

Infected

• Members
Overall I liked this episode, and I'm looking forward to the next one.

Merle seemed actually slightly human, instead of the racist, high, ignorant, well he's probably still all those things but now he can actually hide it.

The Governor was pretty creepy. I was really annoyed when he shot the soliders. It might have been a good idea to do it due to the fact that if he brought them back to Woodbury, i'm sure most people would rather look up to the military then some old guy, but i still didn't like it.

The scene in the makeshift lab was pretty interesting, and it did explain more about the gruesome twosome, and why they didnt' try to munch on Andrea and Michonne.

I was both happy and grossed out by the Walker Head Fishtank TV thing. . . not sure what to call it, but I was glad that they showed it because I like it when they add things like that from the book.

I can't wait to see more of how Merle has developed over the months, and I hope Andrea isn't as dumb as she kinda looked in this episode.

mr teaspoon

mr teaspoon

Roamer

• Members

A young hot blond chick? Considering his nick name for Andrea was "sugar tits", I'm sure they were both on his radar.

As yes, for we all know that once a guy takes the big step of cat calling a woman she'll be in his memory (and his heart) until the day he dies.

PoleAxe

PoleAxe

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationY da fuq u wanna noes?
Wow, decent set-up episode I guess, but seriously, why is Andrea even in the episode. Absolutely horrid, both her acting and the writing for her character.

Look I know it must be a relief for Andrea's character to get to Woodbury, get a breather, but she was next to hysterically happy/skipping down the road in her scene with Michonne, whatever seriousness there was in that moment she murdered. If the editors and director can't notice she has zero chemistry with Michonne, they are either stupid or blind.

And the silly love struck look she gave the Governor, come on, she is just another stereotypical bubble headed blonde.

Michonne alone could have carried this episode, cut 15 minutes of moronic Andrea scenes, and this episode would be excellent. I like Morissey as the Governor, and Merle, was believable being that he is sober, and maybe a little different after his brush with death. But I expect the darkside to come out, and the result for MIchonne and Andrea will be none too pleasant.

Hopefully Andrea's head will be floating in the bubbling brine.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!