The Walking Dead Season 3 Ep Review - "walk With Me"

the walking dead season 3 michonne andrea the governer the helicopter

The Walking Dead "Walk With Me" Review (164 )

What was your opinion of this week's show?

1. Excellent (71 [43.29%] - )

43.29%

2. Good - Some Critiques (81 [49.39%] - )

49.39%

3. Fair - Not what I was expecting (8 [4.88%] - )

4.88%

4. Poor (4 [2.44%] - )

2.44%

The-Governor

The-Governor

Infected

• Members

I think its friendly flirting to learn more about him. She is definitely is a lot less apprehensive than Michonne, but I don't think she is in love or falling for him just yet. In a way I thought she might admire him because he has similar characteristics to Shane being the take charge/leadership type, she probably is more friendly to him because of that. She just might seem to be 'falling' just cause her reaction is such a sharp contrast from Michonne who was ready to leave as soon as she got there.

I hope you're right about this. I'd be perfectly fine if this was the route they were taking.

57 Channels and Nothing On

backwoodsroamer

backwoodsroamer

The Amiable Roamer

• Members
  • LocationThe Isle of Misfit Toys

Yes, you are probably right about Merle but he did seem genuinely sorry about Amy.

Was there anybody like Milton in the comics?

I definitely think the Guv wants to be the only game in town. He really perked up when he found out about Daryl and the group.

Milton seems to be a television only character.

"Kiss your Mother goodnight, and remember that God saves."

kxwjZFU.png

BlairAbby

BlairAbby

Infected

• Members

Anyone else think that Meril might take the roll of

Spoiler

Well the guy in the beginning at the helicopter with the bat (I forget his name in real life) 's name is Martinez in the show. He was on the show Sons of Anarchy. I feel like they've combined the character of Martinez in the comics into all of the Gov's men. Especially because there was also a guy with a bandana, and that was Martinez's signature look.

Wazzup4567

Wazzup4567

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationGeorgia

Anyone else think that Meril might take the roll of

Spoiler

We already have Martinez... He was in the show already. The one with the bat.

Also, I feel like they split Doc Stevens into two people.

Milton and then a female Doc Stevens.

Interesting...

Judari

Judari

Biter

• Members

I hope you're right about this. I'd be perfectly fine if this was the route they were taking.

I would think so. It could be dragged out for a bit but I imagine the Gov's intentions will be exposed in the next 1-2 episodes to Andrea and Michonne. There is no way Andrea would be falling for him past that. If this were on HBO I would say no doubt they would probably have a few wild crazy hookups, which would all come to an end with curious Andrea finding the headroom. But as this is AMC so probably not so much, maybe, but it would be a very short lived fling before shit hit the fan.

Plus I don't think that tart in his bed would be very thrilled at the idea of them together, she spoke of him like he was a messiah and the LAST thing we need is another love triangle.

TS-19

TS-19

Infected

• Members

We already have Martinez... He was in the show already. The one with the bat.

Also, I feel like they split Doc Stevens into two people.

Milton and then a female Doc Stevens.

Interesting...

Still does not mean that TV Martinez is going to take the same actions as comic Martinez. I just have a feeling Andrea will lead Meril to Rick.
Spoiler

cooper56

cooper56

S-mart Employee

• Members
Umm not sure i 100% get it. Why do they kill all people just for there supplies? I dont get how he is some big villain is that not what most people are what we seen so far killing to survive only difference being he dies it from the others in the town?

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Lol, I thought she was coming across as some kind of creepy ingenue. I kept waiting for her to bat her eyelashes. I agree, I hope she's playing him, or I'm going to be very disappointed in her character.

Yeah! I definitely do not want to see her grabbing the Guv's crotch.
I don't want her to be the crazy magnet.

Boone

Boone

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUp the Academy

Yeah! I definitely do not want to see her grabbing the Guv's crotch.
I don't want her to be the crazy magnet.

Hey, Andrea misses her vibrator, so what? She has needs right? I mean, eight months on the road, we gotta cut her some slack...

Leela

Leela

Biter

• Members
  • LocationRick Grimes
I'm sick of the writers making Andrea look stupid. Hopefully they're just putting something in the tea and drugging her or something, but at this point I'm just working under the operation that the writers hate her and enjoy making her look naive.

Otherwise, good episode. Not great, but... eh.

Boone

Boone

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUp the Academy

I'm sick of the writers making Andrea look stupid. Hopefully they're just putting something in the tea and drugging her or something, but at this point I'm just working under the operation that the writers hate her and enjoy making her look naive.

Otherwise, good episode. Not great, but... eh.

While Lori's on her pregnant tour, Andrea is replacing her as bitch of the Season...

Dave Grimes

Dave Grimes

Infected

• Members
Anyone notice Dr. Stevens was mentioned by the Governor?

Yelnots

Yelnots

Biter

• Members
  • LocationToronto.
Yup! Dr stevens was obviously the first doctor seen this episode , pretty cool change .

I think the tv's were too soon though
     “Concern should drive us into action and not into a depression. No man is free who cannot control himself.”

Kingnick

Kingnick

Infected

• Members
Episode was alright, just ready for the showdown between Rick and The Governor.

You kill or you Die. 

The-Governor

The-Governor

Infected

• Members
Hmmm, after a bit of thought, I kinda wish they went at least one more episode without showing the true side of The Governor. Give it more of a build up.

Ah well, still really loved it.

57 Channels and Nothing On

Rictatorship

Rictatorship

Infected

• Members
Having read the comics, I love how the governor was portrayed in this episode. David Morrisey really impressed me. I was so happy to see merle again. I've been waiting since season 1 to see him again and man was i impressed at how different he is in this one episode compared to the few episodes we saw him in before. I'm actually more excited to see what merle ends up doing in the season than the governor, since he is kind of a wild card. I won't lie though, I don't really care for andrea and michonne is kind of just "there" right now. She hasn't done much and her character just kind of bores me right now. I don't think those 2 can carry an episode very well and yes i am biased towards ricks group since this is his story and im much more interested in the prison than woodbury. Plus Daryl is over there. Overall this was a good episode. 8.5

tdogforpresident

tdogforpresident

Infected

• Members
Anyone else notice when the girl talking to Andrea and michonne said something, can't remember what, but basically said that so done else was about to have a baby and acted like it was no big deal. That made me think that someone has given birth before. So does that mean Lori is going to be fine?

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators
The women on the Gov's bed looked like a grown women.

I know a tiny bit about that comic spoiler and it wasn't what I expected. Or am I way off base?

Samuel.

Samuel.

Infected

• Members
Pets:

Spoiler

backwoodsroamer

backwoodsroamer

The Amiable Roamer

• Members

The women on the Gov's bed looked like a grown women.

I know a tiny bit about that comic spoiler and it wasn't what I expected. Or am I way off base?

Spoiler

kxwjZFU.png

David112

David112

Infected

• Members
  • LocationNew Zealand
Was it just me or was the last head on the screen Morales head? Could be wrong it just seemed familiar.

Matt

Matt

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUnder your bed.....
Absolutely loved this episode. The Governor was definitely the highlight; all of his scenes were gold (testament to Morrissey's acting abilities)

Also of course great seeing Merle again. It'll be interesting to see what direction they take his character. Same with the newbie Milton.

Creeper

Creeper

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanada
The last head that we see is that "Wall" guy who was flying the helicopter and told the Gov where his army buddies were.

Episode reaction:

Thought it was fairly good. I missed the rest of the gang. I think I can live without Andrea's story, but apparently not without the rest of them. My heart is with the other guys. We got some interesting tidbits about walkers, about the nature of Michonne/Andrea's relationship, and Merle.

It was really good to see Merle again..he is definitely different as a not-high individual, and it is interesting to see him respond to the Gov's command in contrast to how he was with Rick. I agree with those that felt that Merle was slightly uncomfortable with what went down with the soldiers. But I'm not sure that Merle won't side with the Gov always, anyway, unless it comes down to saving Daryl. Loved seeing a bit of brotherly love. :)

Andrea, Andrea, Andrea. I'm really hoping she is playing dumb to get more info about the Gov. I hope she will listen to Michonne's instincts and not be tempted by the "peace" of the community. If she really is that naive...well, I'll have less respect for her. She seemed genuinely drawn in by the normalness of the town, and that worries me.

I didn't find the last scene chilling, except that he killed the chopper pilot. I would probably find walkers morbidly interesting, too...I don't care if he wants to study them, look at them, etc. The only part that I've found scary about him so far is killing the soldiers and his two-faced personality..and maybe that tea. Seems suspicious, except that everyone is drinking it, including him.

Looking forward to next week and getting back to the prison.

meena76

meena76

S-mart Employee

• Members

Was it just me or was the last head on the screen Morales head? Could be wrong it just seemed familiar.

No, I think that was lieutenant Wess, I believe.

I may be wrong
I heart Rick. Shane had to go.

backwoodsroamer

backwoodsroamer

The Amiable Roamer

• Members
Did anyone else notice the photo of the Governor and his wife and child (?) he looked at just before he went into the "tv room?" They appeared to be a bi-racial couple. I'm wondering if that could have any effect on Michonne's role considering...
Spoiler

kxwjZFU.png

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!