Telltale And Skybound Announce 'the Walking Dead: Michonne - A Telltale Games Mini-Series'

Michonne Telltale Mini-series

Macek11

Macek11

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationLA

Apparently the project that's supposed to hold us over until season 3 will star Michonne and have deep ties to the comic.

"The Walking Dead: Michonne - A Telltale Games Mini-Series stars the iconic character from the comic book series haunted by her past and coping with unimaginable loss and regret. The story explores her untold journey during the time between issues #126 and #139. Through this Telltale Games mini-series of 3 episodes, players will discover what took Michonne away from Rick, Ezekiel, and the rest of her trusted group… and what brought her back"

Robert Kirkman and Telltale's Kevin Bruner also spoke about why they specifically chose Michonne for this mini-series.

"In many ways, Michonne herself is a reflection of the world of The Walking Dead. She is brutal and cold on the outside, but deep beneath what is broken, she remains hopeful, trying to claw her way out of the darkness that surrounds her," said Robert Kirkman, creator of The Walking Dead. "In our effort to bring the world of the comic and the world of the Telltale series closer together, there is no greater character than Michonne to help bridge that gap."

"Michonne's complexity and range make her an ideal lead for the compelling interactive drama fans have come to expect from Telltale," said Kevin Bruner, Co-Founder and CEO of Telltale Games. "With this mini-series, players will experience Michonne's challenges first-hand, and the choices they make will shape her journey. We're incredibly honored by Robert for the opportunity to share this untold story in The Walking Dead universe."

It is supposed to come out during the fall for PC/Mac, Playstation 4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, and compatible iOS and Android-based devices. 

You will need at least the first episode of Season 2 to play the game.

https://www.telltale...mes-mini-series

TWD_Michonne_E3_key_art_650px.jpg

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

Hype

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Apparently the project that's supposed to hold us over until season 3 will star Michonne and have deep ties to the comic.

"The Walking Dead: Michonne - A Telltale Games Mini-Series stars the iconic character from the comic book series haunted by her past and coping with unimaginable loss and regret. The story explores her untold journey during the time between issues #126 and #139. Through this Telltale Games mini-series of 3 episodes, players will discover what took Michonne away from Rick, Ezekiel, and the rest of her trusted group… and what brought her back"

Robert Kirkman and Telltale's Kevin Bruner also spoke about why they specifically chose Michonne for this mini-series.

"In many ways, Michonne herself is a reflection of the world of The Walking Dead. She is brutal and cold on the outside, but deep beneath what is broken, she remains hopeful, trying to claw her way out of the darkness that surrounds her," said Robert Kirkman, creator of The Walking Dead. "In our effort to bring the world of the comic and the world of the Telltale series closer together, there is no greater character than Michonne to help bridge that gap."

"Michonne's complexity and range make her an ideal lead for the compelling interactive drama fans have come to expect from Telltale," said Kevin Bruner, Co-Founder and CEO of Telltale Games. "With this mini-series, players will experience Michonne's challenges first-hand, and the choices they make will shape her journey. We're incredibly honored by Robert for the opportunity to share this untold story in The Walking Dead universe."

It is supposed to come out during the fall for PC/Mac, Playstation 4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, and compatible iOS and Android-based devices. 

You will need at least the first episode of Season 2 to play the game.

https://www.telltale...mes-mini-series

TWD_Michonne_E3_key_art_650px.jpg

That sounds exciting and definitely a game I'd play. Although, I think it would be better if they go back further into her backstory.

That would explain how she had become so hardened and broken. I think it would appeal to a larger audience as well.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

That sounds exciting and definitely a game I'd play. Although, I think it would be better if they go back further into her backstory.

That would explain how she had become so hardened and broken. I think it would appeal to a larger audience as well.

They had a free comic book day issue that touched on it

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Macek11

Macek11

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationLA

I think it's a great idea and can't wait for it to come out, I'm sure it'll be better and have more meaning than 400 days ever will. 

I wonder if this means that Season 3 isn't coming out for a while now though..

I was expecting and hoping for something to do with Christa or Kenny, but I think we got much better than that. While I love the idea, I'm interested in how exactly they will tie it in with the game storyline. I'm hoping that its good enough to stand on its own, because I feel like people who just read the comic may feel obligated to play the game now, and maybe vice versa. 

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

It's funny... With each new episode of the Walking Dead game I'm always looking for references to the comic storyline... But with this series I'll be searching for references to the Clementine/Game story...

"There's no "I" in team" 

"Yeah, there's no "U" either. So I guess if I'm not on the team, and you're not on the team, nobody's on the God damn team. The team sucks!"

SpaghettiTuesdays

SpaghettiTuesdays

Infected

• Members
  • LocationMoonstar Lodge, Virginia

Imagine a Spencer Monroe mini-series! :o

"You don't just end it cause it's hard, you stick it out, and you help the folks you care about."

deadhead216

deadhead216

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • Locationcleveland
So where does the season 2 ending link up time wise with the comic storyline this is playing off of. Perhaps some michonne and clem gameplay?

Macek11

Macek11

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationLA

Makes me wonder if this is some sort of tribute to Michonne if she does end up dying somehow in these coming issues.

ThatEpicBeast U Know

ThatEpicBeast U Know

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationVermont

They had a free comic book day issue that touched on it

What, Michonne?  No, they had a SPECIAL on her.  The 6 Page mini story was first in an Issue of Playboy (Damn, Kirkman!), and later collected into her own Special, with her first issue appearance.

She IS in the Free Comic Book Day Special in 2013, alongside, Morgan, The Governor, and an exclusive Tyreese, whom's story was also collected into its own special like all the others.

Sorry about correcting you, but hey, you are right.  :D

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube....suSrDxf3qF6z34w (Epic A)

ThatEpicBeast U Know

ThatEpicBeast U Know

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationVermont

So where does the season 2 ending link up time wise with the comic storyline this is playing off of. Perhaps some michonne and clem gameplay?

According to Issue #126's Letter Hacks, Robert/Sean (I believe it's the latter) say that the game is not TOO far off that issue's timeline and OMG!  Look!  A timeline I managed to find a few days ago, which I conveniently will use for this matter!

It's a timeline of Telltale's The Walking Dead Seasons 1-2 (For some reason, this ends at around Episode 3...) and The Walking Dead Issues #1-127.  For some reason, it doesn't show up when I attempt to upload it.  :/

http://imgur.com/gallery/r85ZVwe/new

Macek11

Macek11

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationLA

I wonder if this means that you end up on the road no matter what..

homo novus

homo novus

Infected

• Members

Damn... It's sailor Pete from the comic!

ThatEpicBeast U Know

ThatEpicBeast U Know

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationVermont

Damn... It's sailor Pete from the comic!

PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ThatEpicBeast U Know

ThatEpicBeast U Know

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationVermont

-EEEETE.

Macek11

Macek11

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationLA

Fall release so I hope we hear something soon...

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Trailer: 

It seems they got Samira Wiley (OITNB) instead of Danai Guirra. She doesn't sound bad at all, though. I approve

TheRunninDEAD

TheRunninDEAD

Infected

• Members
So February is in the fall now? I'm so confused!

Macek11

Macek11

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationLA

Trailer: 

It seems they got Samira Wiley (OITNB) instead of Danai Guirra. She doesn't sound bad at all, though. I approve

Lol I just now saw this. 

Anyway they must have no idea what to do with season 3 or are really fleshing it out..

Also I forgot it was 3 episodes lol. I feel like this project was something easy they could do to appease the fans while they fleshed out or just flat out pushed back season 3 because they were working on other shit. I feel like they're not really sure where to go from season 3 as well... and I don't blame them.

WalkerAssassin

WalkerAssassin

Infected

• Members
  • LocationSanctuary

Wish they would do it in 5 episodes like all the previous Telltale games were. 3 episodes just seems too short. I will probably play it anyway though...

TomTom

TomTom

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationSouth Africa

I have no idea how i missed everything about this game but HOLY SHIT!!! I am super amped!!! 

Love the Michonne character, really hope they do more back story games like this! 

WalkerAssassin

WalkerAssassin

Infected

• Members
  • LocationSanctuary

I just got this game yesterday. I played it a little bit, so far, BADASS!

That Guy

That Guy

Biter

• Members
  • LocationBumfuck, Nowhere

I'm definitely recommending this one. I didn't expect much of it, but what Telltale managed to do with an already established character... It's pretty awesome. The intro sequence alone hooked me onto the game.

WalkerAssassin

WalkerAssassin

Infected

• Members
  • LocationSanctuary

Can't wait for episode 2 to come out! Seems like I got through the first one awful quick...

SkeezyMak

SkeezyMak

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationDelaware, USA

I love these WD games, Borderlands and Game of Thrones as well. I feel like playing them 1 episode at a time then waiting 3-5 months sort of ruins it though. I forget half of what happened.  I'll probably wait until all 3 episodes are out for this one.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!