Issue 147 Review

- - - - - Andrea Carl Lydia Rick Whisperers Walkign Dead

ThatEpicBeast U Know

ThatEpicBeast U Know

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationVermont

he has plenty of money now must be made for life.

I wonder if the comics are going to end sooner rather than later 

I mean after this Whisper war what next without repeating itself?

Also I IMAGINE that there is BIG pressure from TPTB to wrap up source material so they can plot an end and an arc to Tv show 

within a reasonable time frame 9-10 seasons TV shows got to end 

I know there a talk about the comics going to 300 but thats nuts.

I predict comics will end by 175,

I'm gonna keep you on that prediction.  So if Issue #176 gets a solicit, I can rub it's solicit in your face. :P

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube....suSrDxf3qF6z34w (Epic A)

Soaked_Pancakes

Soaked_Pancakes

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanadensis, Pennsylvania

There's no fucking way the comic is going to end in another two years. Kirkman's been on record as saying he has 250-300 issues planned. AMC execs have said numerous times that they want to keep the show going for as long as possible. I think they've even publicly keyed 15 seasons as their idealization.

I don't see Rick dying anytime soon. Maybe Carl or Andrea, just to be a game-changer. There's just no character strong enough to carry the weight of this story right now.

Alternatively, you could also just call me Soiled_Panties, on account of how pissy I can be.

FearTheHunters

FearTheHunters

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationOn my way to Canada
Were predicting the death of the comic now?

Soaked_Pancakes

Soaked_Pancakes

Biter

• Members

It was foreshadowed by the covers being dark, and showing only odd details.

Alternatively, you could also just call me Soiled_Panties, on account of how pissy I can be.

hannsg

hannsg

Biter

• Validating

There's no fucking way the comic is going to end in another two years. Kirkman's been on record as saying he has 250-300 issues planned. AMC execs have said numerous times that they want to keep the show going for as long as possible. I think they've even publicly keyed 15 seasons as their idealization.

I don't see Rick dying anytime soon. Maybe Carl or Andrea, just to be a game-changer. There's just no character strong enough to carry the weight of this story right now.

There's no way tv audiences are going to stick with it
For 15 seasons, there is only soo many storylines that can be told, human gangs clashing and/or zombie kills,
Negans arc 100 > 127 is the equivalent of two seasons
No way Jose one season max.
Zomibes are now as soft as mush 10 more seasons? Nada
Its now peaked and gets very repetitive from here
Negans arc was filled with filler repetition and badly portrayed clashes ,

There shot themselves in the foot with ftwd , they in their greed in cash in have created zombie overkill and have properly. Shortened the live of the main product
People are going to get sick of zeds and are going to be saying negan is just another governor.

Don't get me wrong I love it but there only so many ways to smash a biters skull in

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soaked_Pancakes

Soaked_Pancakes

Biter

• Members

Current police procedural franchises such as CSI, Law & Order, and NCIS, each have a minimum of 12 seasons under their belt, with a minimum of two spin-offs each, and The Walking Dead -- a show still housing equal, or even higher, ratings than some of the still-running entries in those franchises -- is the show you doubt will keep going and going? The Walking Dead is sticking around as long as AMC wants. The Live+3 ratings for the season premiere this year was over 19 million viewers. The show receives constant, and high-rated, syndication -- and not just on AMC; has strong streaming deals with Netflix (the spin-off has been acquired by Hulu); has a wide variety of merchandising, etc. The Walking Dead is a cash cow of massive proportions for AMC. It's here to stay for a long time.

Talking about narrative strength, believability of the world, and repetition of stories and themes, is an entirely different matter. Do you really think Law & Order: SVU's 17 seasons have been a prize winner? It doesn't have to be when there's money to be made off the franchise.

The zombie fatigue isn't here just yet, so quit predicting the death of the show (on the comic board, no less) without substantiations.

The Walking Dead franchise is here to stay, The show's pacing will bypass the comic's in another three or so seasons. Kirkman will continue to write the comics for as long as he pleases, and he's given no indication that he intends to stop anytime soon. There's plenty of story left to tell.

This franchise is what's allowing AMC to really build itself. The network executives will absolutely encourage Kirkman to bloviate the story of the comics for the sake of adding more life to their most precious show. 

reflassshh

reflassshh

Infected

• Members
  • LocationBuenos Aires

There's no way tv audiences are going to stick with it
For 15 seasons, there is only soo many storylines that can be told, human gangs clashing and/or zombie kills,
Negans arc 100 > 127 is the equivalent of two seasons
No way Jose one season max.
Zomibes are now as soft as mush 10 more seasons? Nada
Its now peaked and gets very repetitive from here
Negans arc was filled with filler repetition and badly portrayed clashes ,

There shot themselves in the foot with ftwd , they in their greed in cash in have created zombie overkill and have properly. Shortened the live of the main product
People are going to get sick of zeds and are going to be saying negan is just another governor.

Don't get me wrong I love it but there only so many ways to smash a biters skull in

I'd like to see your credentials.

fred85

fred85

Infected

• Members

Anyone but me catch this panel ? 

We have seen deaths foreshadowed like this before(blacked out faces) in the comic just saying...............

12079514_10204904457841103_9161335972219

Rick also keeps talking about how much happier he is now a sure sign of death.

I was skimming some of the older issues and thought of this discussion when I found this

htid6f.jpg

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

good catch Fred but that black out face served a purpose other than foreshadowing.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn a Gangsta's Paradise ♪♫

That moment when everyone is overthinking simple shadowing work.

It isnt foreshadowing. He's just shadowed because Adlard probably didnt wanna show anything of his expression in that scene, to add to the whole '' Rick is speechless '' thing. It's effective, is what it is. Same goes for that other panel, it's effective because it hides the things that would instantly tell us '' he's okay ''.

The whole Rick is happy thing might be foreshadowing or a death flag. I agree on that.

That panel isnt.

bd629b0375becac7160e1d2f9cb1fae26e9b1917

moop420

moop420

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationInside Andrea's Short Shorts
Late to the party, but I really liked that issue. Most of it anyway. Not a big fan of the Lydia freak out at the end, didn't really feel natural. But then again I would have thought Lydia would understand it was very uncool of her mother to do what she did.

Anyway, really enjoyed the Rick/Andrea moments and the fucked up but 100% honest conversation between Rick/Michonne.

Overall 8/10.

FearTheHunters

FearTheHunters

Roamer

• Members
I just have to keep reminding myself that Lydia is surely pretty fucked up by this point. It's entirely possible she isn't fully aware of or maybe can't grasp the situation. I still feel like putting Andrea at gunpoint was forced

Clidna

Clidna

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Great White North

My initial reaction was the same, but after some though, I can see where she's coming from - everyone kept going on about how civilized they were, and how uncivilized the Whisperers were. Now all of a sudden these so-called civilized people want to kill or hurt Lydia (already a victim of her mother's people) for something her mother did? In her eyes, that must seem completely illogical and goes completely against what everyone (mostly Carl) has been telling her about how they live - thus why she's paranoid ATM.

gallery_29714_88_586.png

Coloured by Koibito (R&L Walking Dead in Colour)

FearTheHunters

FearTheHunters

Roamer

• Members
The gun is overkill though, there's no reason the questions to ease her concerns can't be asked in a peaceful setting. This is to demonstrate that she's unstable and I'm looking forward to seeing that theme play out. Of course she could always kill Andrea then Carl kills her then he's outside the fence on his own, could be interesting too.

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn a Gangsta's Paradise ♪♫

My initial reaction was the same, but after some though, I can see where she's coming from - everyone kept going on about how civilized they were, and how uncivilized the Whisperers were. Now all of a sudden these so-called civilized people want to kill or hurt Lydia (already a victim of her mother's people) for something her mother did? In her eyes, that must seem completely illogical and goes completely against what everyone (mostly Carl) has been telling her about how they live - thus why she's paranoid ATM.

I'm more bugged out by the fact that she doesnt seem to understand WHY.

There is a very good point there about her paranoia being about everyone blaming her in some way and using her as some sort of leverage or means of making it go in circular karma, that's fair. She isnt to blame for it, so it's a valid reason to be paranoid about.

What doesnt make sense is that she's taking it like she doesnt understand WHY they'd be doing something like that. That is what to me, doesnt feel natural.

'' My mom killed all of those people you knew and loved and now people want an eye for an eye? Why the hell are you going after me then? ''

Gee, it's almost like you are related to the murderer and thus the only person readily available for any sort of revenge against said person, Lydia.

Any person in that situation would understand that much. She cant expect anyone in this kind of situation to not want to get even, be they civilised people or not.

bd629b0375becac7160e1d2f9cb1fae26e9b1917

FearTheHunters

FearTheHunters

Roamer

• Members
Unless she so firmly believes that her mother doesn't love her and she feels like her dying wouldn't get to alpha at all, and thus doesn't make sense.. Still definitely doesn't feel natural. I'm saying I hope it is explained in an organic fashion, and isn't just some out of character plot device

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln

Finally read the issue and I am scared as hell for Andrea :( 

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!