The Walking Dead Season 3 Ep Review - "walk With Me"

the walking dead season 3 michonne andrea the governer the helicopter

The Walking Dead "Walk With Me" Review (164 )

What was your opinion of this week's show?

1. Excellent (71 [43.29%] - )

43.29%

2. Good - Some Critiques (81 [49.39%] - )

49.39%

3. Fair - Not what I was expecting (8 [4.88%] - )

4.88%

4. Poor (4 [2.44%] - )

2.44%

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • LocationThe Prydwen

Not impressed honestly. Probably because I was already familiar with the Governor's personality and knew what he was going to do already. I can imagine that someone who was never exposed to his character might be shocked by his actions.

Well, I think they made him more believable than in the comics. I risk offending die-hard fans when I say that the governor is a fairly generic, one-dimensional comic book villain. The TV show's version is more complex and more believable, IMO.

Same goes for Michonne.

I think Michonne and the Governor are two difficult characters for TV, and most directors/ producers would have botched them. Thankfully, everything seems to be working out fine.

Shield yourself from those not bound to you by steel, for they are the blind. Aid them when you can, but lose not sight of yourself. 

gobigten01

gobigten01

Infected

• Members
Truthfully I didn't expect it to be so good, because the whole walking dead has centered around Rick or his group (which has been awesome), and Rick/Rick's group was going to be in this episode. But I must say it was very good. Added to the story well. And I really enjoyed the episode.

backwoodsroamer

backwoodsroamer

The Amiable Roamer

• Members
  • LocationThe Isle of Misfit Toys

Rightly, he is still pissed at Rick, but he seems to be more tolerant as a whole (also he didn't mention T-Dog dropping the key, seemed more pissed at Rick for locking him up in the first place. Still a redneck but I was surprised at how empathetic he seemed towards Andrea when she was telling him of the group's losses and her sister. Also I never pegged him for the follower type, seeing how he was with Rick but now he seems to be the gov's right hand man (lol no pun intended). I still think there will be some Merle/Daryl drama for sure and maybe T-Dog as well but Merle/Rick seems a lot more likely now.

Merle seemed frighted of the Governor when they were in the lab with Myron. Which is a tip as to how crazy the Gov is if he scares Merle, well then. :srug:

"Kiss your Mother goodnight, and remember that God saves."

kxwjZFU.png

Rainbowpony

Rainbowpony

Lurker

• Members

It wasn't the best episode as for as action.

Some questions were answered. I know see why the governor and Rick will be at odds.

I don't understand why he killed those innocent soldiers.

Well, I haven't read the comics and I don't read any spoilers or spoiler threads (and I was kind of irritated to still kind of know what was going on, but I like being on this forum so I guess I'll just suck it up, sigh) but my guesses on why he killed the soldiers are they are soldiers and there were too many for him to keep under his control. It would be disruptive to his little crazy land thing he's got going on there, but he wanted the supplies, so there you go.

The-Governor

The-Governor

Infected

• Members
I thought this episode was fantastic. Not as good as the last episode, but still very good. I am loving how they are handling The Governor so far, and I think I actually like him more then the comics right now. If I didn't already know he was going to be 'the bad guy' I would of been very surprised when he shot those soldiers

Also the ending... fucking perfect. Got major chills. A real treat for the comic fans. .

57 Channels and Nothing On

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • LocationThe Prydwen

Merle seemed frighted of the Governor when they were in the lab with Myron. Which is a tip as to how crazy the Gov is if he scares Merle, well then. :srug:

I think Merle looked disturbed by the slaughter of those troops. I don't think Merle went to ambush the troops. My guess is that he may not know that the governor shot first. Merle is in the military and won't take kindly to what the governor did. I predict Merle will side against the governor.

Shield yourself from those not bound to you by steel, for they are the blind. Aid them when you can, but lose not sight of yourself. 

backwoodsroamer

backwoodsroamer

The Amiable Roamer

• Members

It wasn't the best episode as for as action.

Some questions were answered. I know see why the governor and Rick will be at odds.

I don't understand why he killed those innocent soldiers.

If an armed, organized military unit shows up in Woodbury the Gov's term is over. I don't think he wants to give up his office just yet.

kxwjZFU.png

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators
I felt like I was watching a completely different show. And I didn't mind a bit.

I think that is the only backstory we will get on Merle. He definitely seemed more tolerant.

Is Michonne a women of few words in the comics?

I didn't expect to see them mercilessly shoot down the military guys.

Andrea - seemed too accepting of Woodbury and the Guv.

meena76

meena76

S-mart Employee

• Members

Well, I haven't read the comics and I don't read any spoilers or spoiler threads (and I was kind of irritated to still kind of know what was going on, but I like being on this forum so I guess I'll just suck it up, sigh) but my guesses on why he killed the soldiers are they are soldiers and there were too many for him to keep under his control. It would be disruptive to his little crazy land thing he's got going on there, but he wanted the supplies, so there you go.

That makes sense. they would have definitely questioned his authority.
I heart Rick. Shane had to go.

OMEN

OMEN

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationBack in Gods Country - TEXAS
I just posted the same thing in different thread

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Judari

Judari

Biter

• Members

True, true. He got Merle back in line no fuss. Plus, they did save his life.

This, combined with Merle still wanting to find Daryl, makes me think now the drama with Merle will be more centered around him trying to protect Daryl from the Gov. and not really T-Dog like everyone speculated. Right hand man torn between duty and family is an easy and obvious enough dichotomy that they could easily explore more. I could see him ending up being a martyr for his brother if the Gov decided to get rid of Daryl. I don't see Daryl or any of the rest of the group wanting to be involved in whats going on once they realize the truth.

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • LocationThe Prydwen

If an armed, organized military unit shows up in Woodbury the Gov's term is over. I don't think he wants to give up his office just yet.

The military is loyal to the U.S. government.

I think the governor has a god complex and is trying to remake the world in his image and demands total loyalty from all members of the community. He wouldn't get that kind of loyalty from military personnel.

The-Governor

The-Governor

Infected

• Members
Did Andrea really annoy anyone else this episode? I don't know, something about her was just bugging me. She just seemed way to trusting of The Governor. I also have a bad feeling they might be leading up to a romance between the two...

Also, gotta love how Michonne was just glaring all the time. We need gifs of that. I could use them quite a lot.

57 Channels and Nothing On

etphoto

etphoto

Biter

• Members

I felt like I was watching a completely different show. And I didn't mind a bit.

I think that is the only backstory we will get on Merle. He definitely seemed more tolerant.

I think the govenor and Andrea are cut from the same cloth and once dhe learns what the governor is realy like, she isnt going to care.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln
The only thing I don't like is the way that Andrea has been acting towards the Governor. It's making it look like she is falling for him, which is completely out of character. I am hoping that she is just playing him and is smarter than they're making her out to be at this point.

TS-19

TS-19

Infected

• Members
Anyone else think that Meril might take the roll of
Spoiler

backwoodsroamer

backwoodsroamer

The Amiable Roamer

• Members

Agreed

Agreed on first sentence. He seemed more cowed than tolerant to me.

Yes

Figured it would happen.

Guardedly agreed. She may be playing it close to the vest.

kxwjZFU.png

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • LocationThe Prydwen

The only thing I don't like is the way that Andrea has been acting towards the Governor. It's making it look like she is falling for him, which is completely out of character. I am hoping that she is just playing him and is smarter than they're making her out to be at this point.

Out of character how? Andrea is strong, aggressive and a little crazy. As someone said, she's a lot like the governor in many ways, and Andrea has an established history of hooking up with violent, unscrupulous,. alpha male lunatics (e.g. Shane).

backwoodsroamer

backwoodsroamer

The Amiable Roamer

• Members

Anyone else think that Meril might take the roll of

Spoiler

I don't think Rick would trust Merle that much.

kxwjZFU.png

Rainbowpony

Rainbowpony

Lurker

• Members

Lol, I thought she was coming across as some kind of creepy ingenue. I kept waiting for her to bat her eyelashes. I agree, I hope she's playing him, or I'm going to be very disappointed in her character.

backwoodsroamer

backwoodsroamer

The Amiable Roamer

• Members
They must have been listening when we kept wondering why Michonne's pets weren't always trying to attack her.

kxwjZFU.png

Living Dead Grrrl

Living Dead Grrrl

Cynical Cadaverous Creeper

• Members
  • LocationThe Beyond
Uuuum, so anyone else find the ending scene oddly titillating? ;)

Most excellent, indeed.

""If a zombie bites you, you turn into a zombie. However, if a mummy bites you, all you turn into is some schmo with a mummy bite..."
Dellamorte Dellamore ... 'Of Death of Love'

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Agreed

Agreed on first sentence. He seemed more cowed than tolerant to me.

Yes

Figured it would happen.

Guardedly agreed. She may be playing it close to the vest.

Yes, you are probably right about Merle but he did seem genuinely sorry about Amy.

Was there anybody like Milton in the comics?

I definitely think the Guv wants to be the only game in town. He really perked up when he found out about Daryl and the group.

Judari

Judari

Biter

• Members

I think its friendly flirting to learn more about him. She is definitely is a lot less apprehensive than Michonne, but I don't think she is in love or falling for him just yet. In a way I thought she might admire him because he has similar characteristics to Shane being the take charge/leadership type, she probably is more friendly to him because of that. She just might seem to be 'falling' just cause her reaction is such a sharp contrast from Michonne who was ready to leave as soon as she got there.

backwoodsroamer

backwoodsroamer

The Amiable Roamer

• Members

Uuuum, so anyone else find the ending scene oddly titillating? ;)

Most excellent, indeed.

Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus! :zombie02: :zombie02: :zombie02: :zombie02: :zombie02: :zombie02: :zombie02: :zombie02: :zombie02:

But wheeeere's Penny

kxwjZFU.png

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!