Andrea - A Tribute

andrea

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • LocationCarol's hand

Very well said, Stick! No matter what she was bad ass! Still not sure if I am going watch the show. Last year I had crazy TWD withdrawal and had to get the compendiums just to hold me over, this year I could care less. That's what stinks.

Thanks :) yes one thing people can't take away from her is she was a badass, call her stupid or naive or a bitch but she definitely was and will be remembered as a badass :P

She fought off 3 zombies near that tree with a knife

Rick needed Daryl and Merle to save him from two and he had a gun :P

I am excited for next season but last year I wouldn't shut up about it

BenRai2k

BenRai2k

Roamer

• Members
I really waned to see Andrea involved in "The Hunters" storyline, should it ever have happened. She would have been great, and would loved to see how she reacted to the situation.

FlyingWalker

FlyingWalker

Infected

• Members
  • LocationSomewhere over the rainbow

I'm still not even close to being over her death. I never thought I'd have so many feels about a fictional character dying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQFEvezl0lQ

It's been almost a week that she's died and I still can't swallow the fact that she's gone from the TV series. I feel like I've just lost a very close friend who can never be replaced. Ever since the beginning, I've connected with her more than any of the characters. There was something about her that really made me root for her. And the fact that she lost Amy solidified me as a permanent fan. She was a trooper till the very end and I admired her greatly for that.

It has been an emotional roller coaster for me this week, and seeing so many people who loved and supported Andrea like you kinda cheers me up :)

BenRai2k

BenRai2k

Roamer

• Members
Anrea was the most realistic walker killer. Even though I like Maggie, her walker kills don't run totally true to me and she killed humans this season and we never saw no shock or anything relating to it from her. She kills a walker, "You see that!?" - she kills a human by sliding a bone in his throat - no real reaction she killed a human. I know he was "evil", but you'd still reel over doing it.

Andrea would kill walkers and panic and pep talk herself, then you see Maggie with blades cracking enemies over the head with no fear about her. I just felt Andrea was a bit more realistic.The only time Andrea took a walker for granted and made an example of one is when she jumped Woodbury fence to stab one in the head, and Hayley reminded her that it isn't a game.

aces07301

aces07301

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationWorking for Corning Life Sciences
Her whole death scene was horrible and she shouldn't have been written out. There are people on other forums that are just as outraged. I was on the tumblr site and the was a #TWD I HATE GLEN MAZZARA thread, some of the posts were sad, some were funny. Check it out.

It's been almost a week that she's died and I still can't swallow the fact that she's gone from the TV series. I feel like I've just lost a very close friend who can never be replaced. Ever since the beginning, I've connected with her more than any of the characters. There was something about her that really made me root for her. And the fact that she lost Amy solidified me as a permanent fan. She was a trooper till the very end and I admired her greatly for that.

It has been an emotional roller coaster for me this week, and seeing so many people who loved and supported Andrea like you kinda cheers me up :)

I also was drawn to her character when I first watched the show. Even though Andrea was a fictional character, Laurie Holden brought her to life and was able to reach people in a way the other's can't that's truly a talent that she possesses.

As much as we complain the writers can not realistically bring her back without starting riots with other people and their favorite characters,
if they were to reshoot the finale, would be nice, but that isn't going to happen. It truly is a shame that Mazzara had such influence with the writers and convinced them to pigeonhole a beloved character, make people not like her, then kill her off in an inhumane way. If Scott Gimple hadn't reshot her last scene it would have been a true disrespect for the character. I am shocked that Kirkman went along with this whole thing when Andrea is a strong woman and survivor throughout the comic.

Most likely I won't be watching TWD in October, even though I am a Daryl fan. I also don't agree with Merle's death either. He was a strong character albeit annoying and made you want to knock him out sometimes. I think he would be a great asset to Rick's group, he was smart, he could hunt, and probably read people and know if they were sincere or not. Even Milton, could have been an asset, he and Herschel could have gathered scientific information about the walkers. There was a whole realm of story lines that could have been explored, now they are all snuffed out without even a possibility. Maybe people just want shock value and killing without any thought of humanity and that is why Andrea touched so many.

tigress

tigress

Infected

• Members
  • LocationWith Leroy Jethro Gibbs.
I was in shock and total disbelief over Andrea's death, I'm still not over it and I will miss her very much. I really so wanted her to make amends and have that friendship and bond back with Michonne. The saddest thing for me is not seeing Andrea and Rick get together and be a couple.
* The woman is wild, a she - cat tamed by the purr of a jaguar. She's deadly man, she could really rip your world apart. *

Lioness

Lioness

Biter

• Members

I was in shock and total disbelief over Andrea's death, I'm still not over it and I will miss her very much. I really so wanted her to make amends and have that friendship and bond back with Michonne. The saddest thing for me is not seeing Andrea and Rick get together and be a couple.

Agreed.
Putting out fire with gasoline.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators
The Lioness agrees with the tigress. :D

And I agree with both.

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • LocationCarol's hand
Any lioness and tigress relation? Haha

TangoJ

TangoJ

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNortheast Texas
Over a week later and it still kicks me right in the feels every time I see her. :(
"Yeah, well, it could be a flower."

Lioness

Lioness

Biter

• Members

Any lioness and tigress relation? Haha

No, no relation. However, I always welcome seeing another cat sister. :)

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • LocationCarol's hand

No, no relation. However, I always welcome seeing another cat sister. :)

Lioness I was so used to you not having an avatar I will now confuse you guys because you both like Andrea. Crap.

Lioness

Lioness

Biter

• Members

Lioness I was so used to you not having an avatar I will now confuse you guys because you both like Andrea. Crap.

I am sorry. :( Check out the entire avatar in my gallery. It is my memorial to Andrea. (I am just enjoying all of the great features on this site and playing around with all the bells and whistles).

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • LocationCarol's hand

I am sorry. :( Check out the entire avatar in my gallery. It is my memorial to Andrea. (I am just enjoying all of the great features on this site and playing around with all the bells and whistles).

I had not noticed. But I think I'll need to come up with a makeshift name for you :P haha

shrike

shrike

Roamer

• Members
That avatar is very appropriate....and I think that was some of the intent of Andrea's whole storyline. She tried so hard to make peace and save lives, but in the world of the Walking Dead that accomplishes only so much. Andrea died a martyr; John 5:29 was speaking for her. I hope she was a able to make a gift of her soul and what effect it will have in the next season.

I would really like to know how much the fact that finale was airing on Easter Sunday informed the writing if at all

shrike

shrike

Roamer

• Members
I'm really going to get flamed for this but the more I ponder that final episode......the more I actually approve of what they did with Andrea all season.

Who else but Andrea could have had that plotline? Would any other character's death have resonated as much as it did?

I know Andrea is still around in the comics but how interesting would that have been on the TV screen?

aces07301

aces07301

S-mart Employee

• Members
It would have been incredible. There is a save Andrea petition on Facebook. I am trying to get people to like the page!

Max_Brooks

Max_Brooks

Lurker

• Members
There is no saving Andrea at this point.

You need to let go.

aces07301

aces07301

S-mart Employee

• Members

I'm really going to get flamed for this but the more I ponder that final episode......the more I actually approve of what they did with Andrea all season.

Who else but Andrea could have had that plotline? Would any other character's death have resonated as much as it did?

I know Andrea is still around in the comics but how interesting would that have been on the TV screen?

Would have been awesome, but now we will never know. That is the tragedy of it all. Seems like most of Frank darabont's people have been killed off.

BenRai2k

BenRai2k

Roamer

• Members
As much as I wish she was not killed off, I was going through some season 3 episodes, just flicking through them to Andrea scenes. In all honesty, even though she was divorced from most action and the group, I don't think she comes across to bad (personally) for me in the final product.

Especially after the "I came through this" tribute I posted in here - and aware of her eventual failed escape/death. It just makes her whole existance in season 3 seem very tragic and a 16 episode murder set up towards her.

Also now the season is done and I know what to expect, I no longer feel the "Hurry up Woodbury scenes, let me see the prison" I felt originally. I kind of appreciated her there a bit more (as much as I wish she didn't have to be). I didn't really get annoyed with Andrea this season - we saw glimpses she was still the fighter she has been - but I thought we'd get to see her escape and grow in season 4 more after her "less aciony" plot in season 3 had done. Woodbury now just feels tragic to me.

Going to rewatch season 3 soon and give my final thoughts on Andrea in season 3. I like Andrea, but during "Killer Within" I was hushering her scenes away with the Gov in favour of seeing the action at the prison - and I know others felt that way too. It wasn't personal Andrea dislike, but it was a "boring" plot in comparison. So now the excitment and wonder of season 3 is over, maybe people can rewatch Woodbury without the constant anticipation for it to "get off screen" so quick.

aces07301

aces07301

S-mart Employee

• Members
I agree with you, the Andrea of season 4 would have been fantastic. I was getting anxious for her to get out of Woodbury and get to the prison. The whole season was built up to kill Merle and Andrea, that was how I felt. There were a few good episodes, but the season finale left me feeling sad for the loss of a true badass character, and even Merle was wasted, I could even see him have a longer story arc. I shouldn't feel surprised as no one is safe, and even Sophia who lives through the comics got killed during the mid season finale during season 2.

I blame Mazzara.

DaughterOfTheDead

DaughterOfTheDead

Infected

• Members
  • LocationNorth Carolina
It didn't hit me like I would have thought it would. To me, it didn't have the impact of Sophia's death (sadder) or Dale's death (more sudden). I think maybe it's cuz she didn't really have a connection with the group this season. It's definitely sad tho as she was a strong female character who was much more realistic than Michonne (imo). I kept hearing and reading how stupid she was but the only really stupid thing she did was shoot at Daryl. She had a lot of heart....and it's becoming clear what that gets you in TWD universe!

BenRai2k

BenRai2k

Roamer

• Members
^ Even though Andrea was one of my favourites, I said actually on here awhile ago that if Andrea died it wouldn't even effect the show/the prison group that much. She has been so removed from the main group and show in general, she kind of vanished in to the background to a degree despite having a whole Woodbury plot she was caught up in.

It does seem strange viewing Andrea in season 1/2 with the group - but the farm storyline was not Andrea's chance to shine and even then she was in the background a bit. Her time to become of importance would be season 4+ and she wont reach it now

aces07301

aces07301

S-mart Employee

• Members

^ Even though Andrea was one of my favourites, I said actually on here awhile ago that if Andrea died it wouldn't even effect the show/the prison group that much. She has been so removed from the main group and show in general, she kind of vanished in to the background to a degree despite having a whole Woodbury plot she was caught up in.

It does seem strange viewing Andrea in season 1/2 with the group - but the farm storyline was not Andrea's chance to shine and even then she was in the background a bit. Her time to become of importance would be season 4+ and she wont reach it now

Agreed!

DeadManWalking01

DeadManWalking01

Infected

• Members
  • LocationNarnia

Oh god... I want to strangle Mazzara.

Not sure if I'll return to watch it, if i'm honest...

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!