Andrea - A Tribute

andrea

BenRai2k

BenRai2k

Roamer

• Members
Laurie Holden tweeted a tribute video from Youtube she likes, go check it out.

I mentioned this in the finale thread but it is Andrea based, so will add here too.

In all honesty, the more I watch the finale's final few scenes the more I like it. Yeah I wish we didn't lose Andrea at all. Still a big mistake to me they killed her, however as times passing now and I've been rewatching season 3 again (especially Woodbury arc), in a sense I find the finale end scene to be really sad and sweet at the same time.

But seeing that shot of the field/prison with the sun shining fade on with the piano starting and seeing Andrea's body arrive "home" on the back of the truck after just seeing her locked away in that dark room is comforting in away, to see her return home with her family.

And I liked the little bookended concept, of seeing the field as walkers roam/the grave - in a way despite what has happened in the episode, the worlds still the same, walkers roaming about, people dying, but Andrea she tried to make a difference but lost her life. Think its quite sad, but there is a little hope, as Rick's starting to gain focus again and following Andrea and Lori's memories.

She may not really have saved people personally, but to me I think she died a hero. She was trying to do good, makes her a hero to me in a world where so many people do bad and evil.

WalkerJames

WalkerJames

Roamer

• Members
I thought I should show you guys my reaction when they butchered Andrea before killing her....

Skip the first 15 seconds ;)

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • LocationCarol's hand

I thought I should show you guys my reaction when they butchered Andrea before killing her....

Skip the first 15 seconds ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=YersIyzsOpc

Oh my. At first I thought that was really you from your description. That child sounds like a possessed turkey

aces07301

aces07301

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationWorking for Corning Life Sciences
Such a bummer that Glen Mazzara was a jerk!

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left
I consider Andrea to be lost potential. She was played by a great Actress, and based on a great character from the comics.
Unfortunately, they sort of botched the character in the TV series. I was hoping she would survive season 3 so they could "fix" her character in season 4.

"There's no "I" in team" 

"Yeah, there's no "U" either. So I guess if I'm not on the team, and you're not on the team, nobody's on the God damn team. The team sucks!"

aces07301

aces07301

S-mart Employee

• Members
That was what I was trying to say! Thanks! I was hoping she'd survive season 3 in order to shine in season 4. During season 3 I kept saying why are her writers backing her into a corner, ths is awful. I wasn't hating her character I was just disliking what Mazzara was doing to her character.

Unfortunately, we will never know what really happened between Laurie Holden and Glen Mazzara. Probably a disagreement or fight and since he was in charge he decided to kill her character to get even. Bad bosses suck!

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • LocationCarol's hand
They clearly didn't get along that well. I know I'm usually harsh on him but there is indeed two sides to a story :P. Laurie was darabonts girl so its pretty natural that they didn't get along from the start. She might have been a diva :P, then again I think he's a bigger one so whatever.

Well she's dead and was indeed wrote into a corner, made inconsistent and such. Great actress , however all of the inconsistencies done to our poor Andrea didn't really give her much of a chance going forward anyways . What a waste

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

That was what I was trying to say! Thanks! I was hoping she'd survive season 3 in order to shine in season 4. During season 3 I kept saying why are her writers backing her into a corner, ths is awful. I wasn't hating her character I was just disliking what Mazzara was doing to her character.

Unfortunately, we will never know what really happened between Laurie Holden and Glen Mazzara. Probably a disagreement or fight and since he was in charge he decided to kill her character to get even. Bad bosses suck!

Maybe. Apparently though, Laurie Holden did seem to want to leave the show a while back. Something about it being too much work for her, I don't really know.
Maybe it was a disagreement, but I don't think anyone really knows...But it kinda sucks, Laurie Holden was a great Actress but the writers just...Well...Messed up the character.

"There's no "I" in team" 

"Yeah, there's no "U" either. So I guess if I'm not on the team, and you're not on the team, nobody's on the God damn team. The team sucks!"

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

What a waste

I agree 100%

"There's no "I" in team" 

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
There definitely seemed to be some tension between Mazzara and Holden. Mazzara would always say how frustrating it was when the actors wanted changes done with their characters, and Holden said in interviews she had been begging the writers to put her back in the prison group. Maybe that was a primary source of the friction, and I can't help but feel like Mazzara wanted her killed off just to spite her. Mazzara acts liked it was for the good of the story and like this was all part of his master plan, even though production had supposedly been halted due to Mazzara's inconsistency and Kirkman confirmed that Andrea's death wasn't pitched until near the end of the season.

This is all speculation of course, but Mazzara seemed to be pretty damn narcissistic so I certainly wouldn't put it past him.

aces07301

aces07301

S-mart Employee

• Members
Totally agree. When I watched the Talking Dead, Laurie Holden seemed really sad. There was one point where she referred to her character in the past tense, then quickly corrected herself. I was surprised that Chris Hardwick didn't pick up on it, unless he knew all along as well. I wish I didn't erase the episode so I could get how many minutes in to the episode where she made that comment.

My husband and I were trying to come up with reasonable ways for character to have survived the bite, dream sequences kill story lines 2) maybe she actually was immune and never shot herself. Then we both were like let her go, there's no way to logically and methodically write her back into the story line after being bitten and surviving except immunity and it would never be believable anyway. Fans would only get pissed off and the show would lose ratings.

At the end of the season finale you see a blanket in the back of a truck and Rick makes a "no" gesture with his head to kind of say Andrea is gone too.

Blame Mazzara!

aces07301

aces07301

S-mart Employee

• Members
I just don't want to see Karen as Andrea, that would piss me off. I am also pissed that they gave Michael Rooker a screw deal as well, he could have been a great asset to the group since they didn't kill the gov off.

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
Michael Rooker had a lot more to offer and I would have loved to see more interaction between the Dixons, but at least his death was very well done, unlike Andrea's.

Totally agree about Karen. I hope she is nothing like Andrea and is more of her own character, because just trying plug in some random new person into that fan favorite's spot is going to be rejected by many fans.

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • LocationCarol's hand
If Chris hard wick even picked up on an actor/actress doing that and didn't know I doubt he'd point it out, I think it's kind of a rule of thumb when the season isn't finished yet and Andrea was in hot water the episode he interviewed her in (Prey??)

I don't even think Karen's actress has the skill to pull of a very complex character , she seems a little limited . Nothing wrong with that, I just don't see her becoming leading lady material .

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • LocationCarol's hand
And to everyone , there's really nothing we can do about Andreas death guys, it sucked , it happened, none of us can change it, we can hate on Mazzara all we want but he's gone. So is Andrea . It's too bad , yes it was a waste of potential. A character that a bit of us grew attached to despite her inconsistencies . That's what we do obviously were all fans of the show and its characters or else we wouldn't be on here

What I'm getting at is Andrea died and hopefully the memory of most of season three will die with her and we can just look ahead at what the new show runner and new cast upgrades and additions and storylines can do. Sure would I love that finale to have never happened, without a doubt yes! But we can't change what happened in the finale , we can't change what happened in season three and like I said we can blame Mazzara all we want but he's gone .

Lets look ahead and not forget Andrea but not act out if spite due to her death anymore. I know certain situations would have been awesome to have her in but what happened has happened and at this point no one can change it

bkottond

bkottond

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationPhoenix AZ
I know that everyone wants to bitch and moan about s3, I'm right there with ya'all. BUT if the writers really wanted/tried to, im sure there was/is a way to redeem s3 with in the first 8 episodes of s4...

Depending on what they wrote, they could have created a story arc that does s3 and Andrea some (hindsight) due justice. Who knows what they have created for s4 at this point. But they could have done something with the writing to make s3 have a payoff.

Fingers Crossed!

"I'M TAINTED MEAT"

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

I know that everyone wants to bitch and moan about s3, I'm right there with ya'all. BUT if the writers really wanted/tried to, im sure there was/is a way to redeem s3 with in the first 8 episodes of s4...

Depending on what they wrote, they could have created a story arc that does s3 and Andrea some (hindsight) due justice. Who knows what they have created for s4 at this point. But they could have done something with the writing to make s3 have a payoff.

Fingers Crossed!

I, unlike many, loved season 3. My favourite season so far. However, I do agree that they ruined Andrea's character. And with such a great Actress, it was a real shame.

"There's no "I" in team" 

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators
Merging with this thread.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!