The Walking Dead Season 3 Ep5 - Say The Word - Review

the walking dead season 3 lori rick carl michonne andrea the governer rick and loris baby

The Walking Dead "Say The Word" Review (181 )

What did you think of this week's episode?

1. Excellent (65 [35.91%] - )

35.91%

2. Good - Some Critiques (82 [45.30%] - )

45.30%

3. Fair - Not What I Thought (29 [16.02%] - )

16.02%

4. Poor (5 [2.76%] - )

2.76%

Chinghis

Chinghis

Biter

• Members
Huh. Only was able to catch the last 15 minutes, and the first three, for various reasons ...

After the prison arc ends. As a comic fan more then the tv I'm a little dissapointed that this is happening.
Am I the only one that thinks they're going way too fast? They've eaten up a lot of details/story already while editting out a bunch .

This episode was pretty good though, glad to see penny and the arena. And michonne leaving Woodbury ( wtf was she doing there first anyways )

I'm wondering if they're getting into things more quickly because they know they may only have so much time? Related to another thread on here - really, how long do we expect this show to last? I'm calling it five years, so they have to get all the stuff that you comic fans expect in, before they get the axe. Remember, a show like Babylon 5, that had a definitely defined, 5-year story arc was in danger of getting cancelled after the fourth season. So much so that they filmed an episode that wrapped up the storylines, in case they didn't come back for the last year. (They did, and used that episode at the end of the fifth year, but the uncertainties led to certain plot and cast changes in that last season.)

Didn't Rick pick up a bullet off the ground by the dirty knife and the fat walker?

Looked like a bullet to me. I thought it was a piece of brain, at first.

-That was my first thought too! However I don't think they wanted to show a dead cut open Lori carcass so they made some random walker come and literally eat himself into a food coma over her. The walker grew a "pregnant" like belly from eating too much. I interpreted Rick getting stabby as him wanting to get Lori out of it. He wanted to say goodbye to her body but was sent even further into madness when there were barely any of her remains left. He soon realized the futility of it though after a couple stabs and quit. At least I HOPE, if it was supposed to be the baby that is all types of wtf worthy.

-I'm also wondering just where the f is Carol!? I don't think we have another search on our hands though because I think the group found remains they believed to be hers. They found that headscarf among a bunch of remains and assumed the worst. I also think she is alive somewhere else in the prison. She doesn't have any weapons so basically she has to run, duck and dodge to get back which would take considerably longer than if she had an ax or a gun.

-I mentioned in another thread that a reason could be I don't think Michonne completely trusts Andrea yet. Michonne as the type who explains/justifies herself very often, she thinks its dangerous so she wants to leave end of story. If she lets Andrea know everything she has found then she might not trust Andrea to run off with her and not go try to get to the bottom of it. If that is Michonne's thinking then I agree because every issue Andrea has had with the Gov she has confronted him about and for the most part trusted his answer/explanation. Andrea is more vocal and not the type to hold her cards close to her, she lays them on the table which in this case would definitely get them in trouble if she said or found out the wrong thing.

-I think the slow pacing of Woodbury is a nice break from the fast pace of the prison. I know a lot of people don't like this split pacing but having it slow sometimes can make the fast paced scenes seem more real or authentic in comparison. The baby is going to be tough to deal with, I want it to survive on some level but I know it probably wont make it through the season.

Stabbing the stomach? Maybe it's because I came in late, but all I saw was flailing rage.

The arena/Merle thing? That's probably how the Governor keeps him in control, giving him the chance to beat up folks legitimately.

And now that I've seen the first three minutes ... Yeah, if I'm anyone in this show, I am Milton this season (as opposed to Dale, last season). I find it odd that Michonne could actually see into the room that the Governor was in with his daughter; that's just basic physics. Light outside, dark inside, can't see in, sorry.

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • LocationThe Prydwen
Well, seems to me that Andrea continues to prove my point. Her 'thing' for Woodburry and the governor has gone far beyond naivete and just wanting to see good in people. Turning the dead into side-show freaks is barbaric because it shows a lack of respect and zero empathy.

What if it were Amy (Andrea's sister) out there in that arena? Well, Andrea doesn't look at it that way, which shows zero empathy on her part.

Hey, it's some other dumb asses dead sister out there being used for entertainment, she can deal with it.

And she takes MERLE "hey 'sugar tits" DIXON's word for it that the governor is a good man?

Sorry folks, but this is not naivete. This is something darker and more sinister.

I think we're going to see a far different Andrea in the TV series.

Shield yourself from those not bound to you by steel, for they are the blind. Aid them when you can, but lose not sight of yourself. 

keith2772

keith2772

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • Locationwernersville, PA

You bring up some good points. I agree that the daycare seen with Maggie and Daryl was a bit extra, they could have justified it by throwing in a bit of action instead of a opossum and it would have been a lot more forgivable. I think the scene where Daryl saw the "Sophie" name tag was important but overall they didn't need to spend so much time there.

I didn't even realize the whole dragging thing but you are right, the blood trail looked like a body had been dragged quite a ways. I personally think they did that to be a bit of a tease, I immediately thought of a Lori walker when I saw that the body had moved, but nope.

I also thought the window escape was a bit ridiculous. Also, probably unpopular opinion but I think she is almost a bit too badassed. Unless she has had sword training before (I can't remember from what I read via comic spoilers if she has or not) but she just seems a bit too indestructible and stealthy you would think she was a former spy.

On the Talking Dead show they did confirm that the walker drug Lori's body to the area where Rick found it. I know it might be neat to see blood trails and all, but it just didn't make sense. At first I said out loud "Oh no you didn't" thinking they were going to show that Lori lived and maybe crawled back there (the thing many people on this forum hoped didn't happen, somehow Carl didn't finiish the job)

Xaven

Xaven

Infected

• Members

On the Talking Dead show they did confirm that the walker drug Lori's body to the area where Rick found it. I know it might be neat to see blood trails and all, but it just didn't make sense. At first I said out loud "Oh no you didn't" thinking they were going to show that Lori lived and maybe crawled back there (the thing many people on this forum hoped didn't happen, somehow Carl didn't finiish the job)

O so the zombies are developing semi-intelligence? The walker knew to drag the body into a dark corridor just in case someone came barging through the door?... Why the hell would a zombie drag a body and how the hell would it even know how.

Chinghis

Chinghis

Biter

• Members

Well, seems to me that Andrea continues to prove my point. Her 'thing' for Woodburry and the governor has gone far beyond naivete and just wanting to see good in people. Turning the dead into side-show freaks is barbaric because it shows a lack of respect and zero empathy.

What if it were Amy (Andrea's sister) out there in that arena? Well, Andrea doesn't look at it that way, which shows zero empathy on her part.

Hey, it's some other dumb asses dead sister out there being used for entertainment, she can deal with it.

And she takes MERLE "hey 'sugar tits" DIXON's word for it that the governor is a good man?

Sorry folks, but this is not naivete. This is something darker and more sinister.

I think we're going to see a far different Andrea in the TV series.

I'm going to have to watch it again, but I didn't think Andrea was OK with the arena scene. She seemed a bit upset at it, to me.

The opening with The Governor and Penny - that's meant to be creepy, right?

I think it is, and I don't think it works. I was surprised to even see Penny, because comic readers know that was never going to make it to the show. This might be a case of watering something down to the point of 'why bother?'. I mean, isn't this basically what Hershel was doing with his barn?

Yeah, I had a Herschel-flashback, too. Given that I saw the arena scene before I saw Penny, maybe the point was to re-emphasize that the Governor is trying to get people to not be afraid of them? He mentioned that as a goal when Andrea was protesting about the arena thing.

I found that scene unbelievable because in order to maintain the surprise of her being a walker, we then had to believe that a walker sits there calmly having her hair brushed. That is until you pull a chunk of her scalp out.

Yeah, wasn't a very effective scene for me, either.

Oh, and Daryl? Heh, I laughed, because it's exactly what people here said they'd want to see Daryl do, to soften his character. I mean, he risked his life for that crappy formula (hope he got the DHA Omega-3 stuff!), so maybe he wanted to make sure she got some. But, still, it was a bit awkward. I remember the first time I held a baby, I had no clue what I was doing.

KoKoJazz

KoKoJazz

Infected

• Members
  • LocationThe other side of the wardrobe
I can only assume those slight vibrations I felt, and that faint noise heard in the distance, was the sound of legions of fan girls across the globe shrieking and squealing as Daryl held and rocked the baby. XD

LOL! Also, during the scene near the beginning where the governor and his mad scientist pal were talking about his experiments or whether or not to continue with the festivities, I swear all I could think of was THIS exchange from "The Princess Bride"! :

Count Rugen: "Are you coming down into the pit? Wesley's got his strength back. I'm starting him on the machine tonight."

Prince Humperdinck: "Tyrone, you know how much I love watching you work, but I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped."

Count Rugen: "I understand. Get some rest. If you haven't got your health, then you haven't got anything."

ATTENTION:

We of the S.O.S Brigade are committed to seeking out the mysteries in this universe.

If you are an alien, slider, time traveler, or esper please come see us today!

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • LocationThe Prydwen

I rated the episode "good". I want to go to bed, but a few things before I go:

- I was kind of weirded out by dad-Daryl. Where did that come from? Maybe he had a much younger sibling? I can picture that he views a baby or child as "safe"..not someone he needs to suspect or distrust, no one complicated. But still. Don't think I like it.

The infant is the only person in the group who won't judge him and won't view him as white trash.

Shield yourself from those not bound to you by steel, for they are the blind. Aid them when you can, but lose not sight of yourself. 

Melquiades Estrada

Melquiades Estrada

Roamer

• Members

The infant is the only person in the group who won't judge him and won't view him as white trash.

At these point i doubt theres any of that in the group.....

keith2772

keith2772

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • Locationwernersville, PA

O so the zombies are developing semi-intelligence? The walker knew to drag the body into a dark corridor just in case someone came barging through the door?... Why the hell would a zombie drag a body and how the hell would it even know how.

Yeah, that's exactly what I had a problem with. If you search around here you will see a few threads about the ninja walker, the rock throwing walker, the fence climbing walker, the handcuff walker, etc. Someone posted an interview or tweet or something from, I think it was Glen Mazarra, who said they acknowledged the criticism about this in the last season and were going to make sure they didn't do it again (walkers with special abilities or intelligence). I guess thats why this got my panties in a twist.

Melquiades Estrada

Melquiades Estrada

Roamer

• Members
Main issue is where did that walker came from lol

Narren

Narren

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationOver there

Main issue is where did that walker came from lol

That area wasn't clear, there were walkers all over.

josh is a walker

josh is a walker

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationCambridgeshrie, UK
am i the only one who thought rick was going to try and find lori's wedding ring when he started repeatedly stabbing the zombie in the stomach?

i was expcting him to cut the walker open and empty the stomach to find it.

also,
i reckon... COMIC SPOILERS

Spoiler

Bored? Got nothing better to do? Have a nose through my Autograph Collection:
https://www.facebook...raphadventures/

Melquiades Estrada

Melquiades Estrada

Roamer

• Members

That area wasn't clear, there were walkers all over.

That walker had to open the door and go down the stairs, if that walker was allready down there or there is another entrance to the boil room with all the noice and scream i dont see how it never show up.

The whole thing of lori eated by a walker ? Not that great imo.

Melquiades Estrada

Melquiades Estrada

Roamer

• Members

am i the only one who thought rick was going to try and find lori's wedding ring when he started repeatedly stabbing the zombie in the stomach?

i was expcting him to cut the walker open and empty the stomach to find it.

also,
i reckon... COMIC SPOILERS

Spoiler

Yeah i was thinking the same about the ring !

J4m4ic4n

J4m4ic4n

S-mart Employee

• Members
I don't know if anybody realizes this but it's carol's fault that T-dog was bit in the first place. In episode 4, T and carol ran to close the gate and carol was supposed to be watching his back while he closed it. For whatever miscelleneous reason, while T was closing the gate, carol disappeared into some porta potty looking room. T get's bit, and she runs back out and screams "no!".I wouldn't be upset at all if she was dead. That was just cowardly to the core.
everybody is complaining about the woodbury scene but i'm happy micheal rooker is finally getting some screen time. I've been a big fan of his since the replacement killers and i like his character much more than daryl(yeah go ahead and b*tch at me fangirls, i don't care). Merle is much more badass and I can't wait to see more of what he does in woodbury. The zombie gladiator arena was pretty nuts. Loved every ass kicking moment
never liked lori. hope she's dead for good and never comes back. not even in a flashback

people keep complaining about andrea making stupid decisions. hello, if andrea and michonne were both on the same page with the same instincts, the woodbury scene would have been over in episode 3. there needs to be a struggle between 2 opinions in order for a plot to form. Who do you think is more likely that the writers turn into a gullible, stubborn, love struck fool? michonne or andrea? Andrea's fine. she's filling the role she's supposed to be filling to advance the story

not a fan of daryl acting like a mommy at all. very uncharacteristic. nowhere in all 3 seasons has he acted this way or given any indication that he would act this way. If he really had a soft spot for kids, he would treat carl very differently. This was just a sad attempt to satisfy fangirls. Isn't twilight 2 coming out soon? save the fangirl stupidity for that movie and keep it out of TWD please.

Walker_Slayer

Walker_Slayer

Lurker

• Members
To start, I rated the show fair, I think they really need to stick with one group for the main part of the episode. And a few side notes.

*Go Michonne! But why didn't you do everyone a favor and jab your sword 1/2" forward into his jugular?!?!! Also, that mini Walker massacre was a beautiful thing to behold! :zombiethumbsup:

*Where is Lori's body? I don't buy that single zombie ate her entire body. And there's no physical way Walkers could eat bones (at least without crushing them). And why did the Walker drag her corpse at all? Every other Walker has stopped to eat their victim where it dropped!

*The Governor has more then a few screws loose. And apparently his daughter still has her teeth? Why? Also, Michonne was only looking up at the window, I doubt it was meant to imply that she could actually see what the Governor was doing with his Walker Daughter.

*Daryl was holding the baby. So what. What's the big deal?? Though I do agree that it would have made more sense if it was Carl or Rick holding it. But since Rick isn't all there at the moment it should have been Carl (seeing as how he is the only blood family, that's in their right mind, that "little badass" has).

Edit:*What's the deal with Rick and the phone?!?!! For one, even if the landline phones did actually still work there is no way somebody could know that Rick, or anyone alive, was in that room near that specific phone to answer it. And secondly, if it's just in his imagination, psychotic mind, why bother?

ya she got eaten i thought she would have been a walker that would have been really dramatic or she could be alive :lol: but for cereal it could have eaten carol after she stitched up Lori and Lori got away while it ate her i mean Prometheus spoilers

Spoiler

When they showed the blood my first thought was. "oh god, Carl really didn't kill Lori and she's now a Walker crawling around somewhere." Which was quickly followed by my second thought "They pulled another Andrew on us letting us think Lori was gone for good except she wasn't." But when Rick found the Walker at the end of the blood trail with a fat belly and apparently no urge / will to try to eat Rick I couldn't help but think "There is no way in hell that single zombie ate Lori's entire body. And definitely not all of her bones too!" The writers / producers really need to get their act together and stick with a firm set of rules instead of changing them every 1 or 2 episodes just to fit their needs.

Andrea is SO blinded by Woodbury, but Michonne was a dick by leaving Andrea behind without telling her what she found about the Governor. She couldn't seriously just sit down and explain everything?

If I was in Michonnes' place seeing the way Andrea is falling for the Governor I'm not sure I would trust that she wouldn't, even accidently, let slip something that might get me killed. And Andrea really should have learned to trust Michonne's insticts better then she is by now. I can understand the wanting to stay and not go back out into a nightmarish world overrun by zombies but I would rather take my chances with a known factor then an unknown one. "Better the devil you know than the one you don't"

Unfortunately, at that, he turned around and charmed Andrea. I must say that today I didn't mind Michonne not telling Andrea. Last week, I thought Michonne should have told Michonne about the blood and bullet holes, but not this week. Last week, two friends were having a conversation. Granted, Andrea had a shit load of questions, but it was still a conversation. This week, Andrea came at Michonne with, "The governor told me what you did." Really, you are taking the governor's word over Michonne's and you haven't even heard her side. Yeah, I wouldn't have told her either.

I completely agree, Michonne had no way of knowing whether or not Andrea, being as comfortable / relaxed with the Governor as she is, would (at least accidently) let slip what Michonne said. Which in turn would endanger at least Michonne.

Yeah, very good episode indeed, but I think I am the only one that could not care less about the Governor or his daughter or the arena or whatever happens there.
I do like to watch Michonne and Andrea and I was all "oh God, they will shot her now, no way she is going to leave like that", but aside of them, I rolled my eyes everytime it cut to Woodbury.

You most definitely are not the only one. I couldn't care less about the Governor or his daughter, or the arena and now that Michonne has left I don't really care about Woodbury. Although I never thought they would shoot her as, or immediately after, she left through the gates. I just didn't see them doing that in broad daylight and in a place that anybody could have happened to walk by and seen them shoot her for no reason other then she wanted to leave.

Edit: And of course I want to see more of Merle kicking butt and taking names.

They are never killing Daryl Dixon. They are going to ride the Daryl fangirl train to the very end of the series. (I hope I'm wrong about this though.)

I hope you are right, though I don't think it would Daryl any justice to be stuck as second fiddle, to anyone (no offense to Rick) the entire time.

My wife and I absolutely love the scene where Norman Reedus (Daryl) is holding one of our twin nieces they were both in this episode! As my wife would say Norman looks good holding a 7 week old baby, which is how old the twins where when this episode was being filmed!

The cast is so great with the twins :)

Talking Dead Spoiler

Spoiler

I know how you feel, what the hell were / are the writers thinking / smoking? Although, I'm not surprised, I said in a different post a while back that Walkers eat dead things and sadly I was right. :( So much for Walker lore / rules up to this point. It seems anything goes whenever the writers / producers feel like it.

they already explained that walkers need to eat and they starve at a slower rate than humans...

The writers / producers themselves confirmed this to be 100% truth / fact? Last I heard it was just one guy in the show that hypothesised about this.

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • LocationThe Prydwen

I don't know if anybody realizes this but it's carol's fault that T-dog was bit in the first place. In episode 4, T and carol ran to close the gate and carol was supposed to be watching his back while he closed it. For whatever miscelleneous reason, while T was closing the gate, carol disappeared into some porta potty looking room. T get's bit, and she runs back out and screams "no!".I wouldn't be upset at all if she was dead. That was just cowardly to the core.
everybody is complaining about the woodbury scene but i'm happy micheal rooker is finally getting some screen time. I've been a big fan of his since the replacement killers and i like his character much more than daryl(yeah go ahead and b*tch at me fangirls, i don't care). Merle is much more badass and I can't wait to see more of what he does in woodbury. The zombie gladiator arena was pretty nuts. Loved every ass kicking moment
never liked lori. hope she's dead for good and never comes back. not even in a flashback

people keep complaining about andrea making stupid decisions. hello, if andrea and michonne were both on the same page with the same instincts, the woodbury scene would have been over in episode 3. there needs to be a struggle between 2 opinions in order for a plot to form. Who do you think is more likely that the writers turn into a gullible, stubborn, love struck fool? michonne or andrea? Andrea's fine. she's filling the role she's supposed to be filling to advance the story

not a fan of daryl acting like a mommy at all. very uncharacteristic. nowhere in all 3 seasons has he acted this way or given any indication that he would act this way. If he really had a soft spot for kids, he would treat carl very differently. This was just a sad attempt to satisfy fangirls. Isn't twilight 2 coming out soon? save the fangirl stupidity for that movie and keep it out of TWD please.

Jesus Christ the kid's mom is dead and the father's MIA somewhere losing his marbles. You'd have to be a real bastard to not care about an infant in that situation. Daryl's tough but he's not a friggin monster. You dig?

Walker_Slayer

Walker_Slayer

Lurker

• Members

When we only get 35 minutes or so of the show after commercials, there's no reason for fluff or filler, just get to the damn point.

100% This!! ^^

and I don't like it when human characters have "special abilities" either.

There was nothing "special" about her sneaking out the window while the camera wasn't on her. And I see no need for them to waste more precious time in a show that's already limited, time wise, by idiotic commercials. Though I do agree about the Super Walkers they keep introducing to the show breaking Lore / Rules that they themselves put in place. It's like they are digging a hole for themselves and they just keep digging further trying to dig themselves out.

I'm wondering if they're getting into things more quickly because they know they may only have so much time?

At the rate they keep changing / breaking their own Lore / Rules it's no wonder the show might end up with a limited run.

Not_Undead

Not_Undead

Biter

• Banned

these telemarketers are rediculous....

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking when the phone rang.

Not_Undead

Not_Undead

Biter

• Banned

-Wait so Carol did die? Part of me thinks they think she died but she is going to pull an Andrew and appear again somewhere, possibly to be saved my Michonne.

This was the one thing about the episode that bugged me big time.

After the tricks the writers have pulled recently, we are supposed to believe Carol is dead? Really?

It makes me think they are trying to set us up for another Andrew shenanigan. "Okay, we don't have to SHOW people dying, just imply it. Come on, you can trust us now. Promise."

It makes it very hard to believe anything they do now. It is like a practical joker who doesn't know when to stop.

EvoQ

EvoQ

Infected

• Members
  • LocationAlabama
Since this is the Review Thread I will give my review and discuss on the "Other" threads as it should be.

I think that the Creator and the Writers have Def Stepped Up their Game with this Season 3. Maybe they are learning how to give us a Much Better TWD show because to me it shows BIG TIME ! Even though I have read the Comics and know the Story fairly well I was still on the edge of my seat the entire hour. And when that hour ended I was left wanting for more. That hour went by way TOO Fast..lol..To me what makes this Season 3 much much better than the last 2 season; is that the writers are going into just a little more detail. Also one can say without Question that the Props, and the MakeUp people are doing an Awesome job. For instance when Rick went on his Walker Killing spree, those Walkers being mutilated by Rick's Axe was INTENSE. I particularly liked that last Walker I think where Rick just Halved that Walkers head... Gruesome but oh so AWESOME all at the same time ! I give a Big Thumbs Up to the Writers, Coreography, and the MakeUp People, Great Job.

I am Liking where Rick's Character is Headed. Since I have read the Comics I won't say too much for fear of spoiling it for some people, but the Phone Ringing ..OH YESS...I was So Hoping that the Phone Would Ring Out for Rick. And I got my Wish big time..YEESSS..Rick's Character now will TEST Andrew Lincoln's acting skills to say the least. If you like Rick all along season's 1 and 2 you might either like him more or maybe turned off with what is going to be coming up with his character in the coming Episodes. I particularly am looking forward to Rick's character going Off the Deep End. I just wonder How long the Psychotic/Schizophrenic Mind of Rick will last. I mean in all honestly the writers have so many different directions they can take Rick's character. I think they planned this all along. Since the writers knew allot of the viewers were also TWD Comic fans/readers that now they have the license to go in so many different directions in regards to Rick's future. He could snap out of it quickly or Rick could go on like this for weeks. But by looking at the Previews it appears that Rick will snap out of it fairly quickly. But there is still the PHONE, hopefully the PHONE will keep following Rick around and well into the future, maybe Rick can never get rid of the Phone Calls, let's Hope So.

Michonne's character finally had-had enough of the STUPID Bitch Andrea. I have been hoping that Michonne would Leave that Idiot Andrea behind and go out on her own. I am ready for Michonne to catch up/meet up with Rick's group. In all honesty Rick's group needs Michonne, especially Rick's Character how Michonne and Rick became close in TWD Comics..... so let's hope that Michone and Rick get together sooner rather than later. It looks like maybe next Episode 03-06 Michonne will meet up with Rick's group. At least Michonne got tired of taking care of that selfish Bitch Andrea and left her Sowry Ass behind. Serves Andrea right that the very same day/night Michonne left; Andrea would be shown the true Wicked side of Woodbury. The whole ARENA Disapointed me big time.....I didn't like how they rigged the outcome by pulling the TEETH of the Walkers so they can't bite. And HONESTLY this shows just how INASNE the Guvnor truly is. He thinks that Andrea will just look past this Savagery..and Folks I bet Andrea at first will be disgusted but Andrea will quickly see that she must learn to put up with it, and she might even start to like it. But I predict that Andrea will do what she has always done best, try to play with the big dogs and fit in at Woodbury. Andrea is Stoopid, some people were saying she was playing the Guvnor..how funny, Andrea doesn't have enough sense to play anybody but the selfish, childish stupid bitch that she really is.

I am a bit disapointed with the whole Guvnor/Penny thing. The Comic story line is much much better IMHOpinion. The whole Twin Brothers/Niece issue could have been written in here on the TWD tv show, but oh well. The Notebook..oh yes all those names crossed out...LOVED IT ! Gets the vierws wondering all about who those people were/are....I about laughed my ass off when Michonne stuck her Katana into the Guv's NeckBone. I smiled and Laughed and Cheered so hard I am sure my Neighbors heard me..lol..As you can tell I Very Much LIKE Michonne's Character. Michonne is a TOTAL BADASS Bitch ina Very Good Way !!! Michonne's character is just now starting to Develope, you people that didnt really care for Michonne be prepared to start liking her real quickly as he talents start to show. Michonne is prob the best Warrior on the entire show. Michonne's Character was BORN to THRIVE in the ZA World...There is so much more going to happen at Woodbury that I thknk the Woodbury story line can go well into next Season 4, but we will see if the writers keep developing the Arc that long.

it's good to see the Prison situation dying down, no where near like the Comics, and honestly the writers could never had written all that the Comics had for the Tv show. Just No Way for all that to happen. I would have Liked to see rick maybe go back and dig up Shane....just top make sure he was still alive but Carl had shot him in the head ending the Walker Shane's life. But that would have been great to see Rick go back to the farm and dig up Shane, and then say that he isnt going to bury him again. But oh well that is one issue with the Comics and the TV show differed greatly ! But in all Honesty the Prison story Line was a bit disappointing nothing like the Very Intense Prison Story Line of TWD Comics. And the whole Missing Tyrese, wish he would have been written in somehow !

Looks like Daryl will have to stepup for a while at least and be the # 2 in=charge until Rick get his shit together. I like how Daryl picked the baby up and the baby instantly started cooing to Daryl. The baby has taken to Daryl, and it shows that of the 2 brothers Daryl/Meryl that Daryl is the sane normal one. The whole Carl naming out all the females that have died to maybe call the bay one of those names was stupid and I didnt like it, but it served to refresh everyone's memory about all the girls that have died. Is Carol Dead or not, looks like they are going to drag out whether she is still alive like the writers did with Sophia..Please Don't do that writers, we hated the whole Sophia wild goose chase for episode after episode. Hope that doesn't happen again.

I write too much but this is a review thread....overall I very Much Liked this Episode 03-05 and how the writers used allot of the Comics story line but not too much to drag it along.

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • LocationThe Prydwen

I'm going to have to watch it again, but I didn't think Andrea was OK with the arena scene. She seemed a bit upset at it, to me.

Did you see the Talking Dead?

Spoiler

Zen_Master

Zen_Master

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationVirginia Beach, Virginia
on TD, they discussed the scene cut from Season 2, where the group returns to the vatos group in the senior home, and they find everyone dead, and being eaten by walkers. Daryl observes that most of the old folks were shot in the head execution style, and that everything of any value has been taken, like supplies and food. could this have been the Woodbury death squad that murdered the Nat'l Guard soldiers?

Not_Undead

Not_Undead

Biter

• Banned

Even if they find Carol with Lori nursing her back to health or something its still not going to make sense until we see some kind of screen time on it.

In the back my mind, I am worrying about just such a 'twist'.

If that happens, this show is DEAD.

Not_Undead

Not_Undead

Biter

• Banned

The opening with The Governor and Penny - that's meant to be creepy, right?

I think it is, and I don't think it works. I was surprised to even see Penny, because comic readers know that was never going to make it to the show. This might be a case of watering something down to the point of 'why bother?'. I mean, isn't this basically what Hershel was doing with his barn?

Just what I was thinking. 'He's another Hershel. He can't let go.'

Also, why did Penny react when some of her scalp came away? I don't recall ANY walker reacting to an injury.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!