Do You Think Rick Will... ** Breaking Bad Spoilers **

* * * * * 1 rick breaking bad heisenberg evolution

Canon_108

Canon_108

Lurker

• Members
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but both are good because they're completely different from eachother. Breaking bad shows a good ban spiral out of control while Walking Dead shows Rick trying to raise his son in a zombie appalypse...WD has more in common with Cormack McCarthy's the road. Rick will NOT turn into the bad guy. The world will harden him, but he always does what's best for his group...he's not selfish like Walt.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
Funny that you say that because Walt always said that he's been doing this for his family

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.
thats what i was just gonna say.................

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but both are good because they're completely different from eachother. Breaking bad shows a good ban spiral out of control while Walking Dead shows Rick trying to raise his son in a zombie appalypse...WD has more in common with Cormack McCarthy's the road. Rick will NOT turn into the bad guy. The world will harden him, but he always does what's best for his group...he's not selfish like Walt.

I'm not so sure. You're right that Rick isn't selfish in the same way Walt is, and he probably never will be, but I could easily see him going insane at some point. He'd be a different kind of bad guy than Walt, but he would still be a bad guy. Not now, but a hundred issues from now? I could see it happening.

gypsyrose

gypsyrose

Biter

• Members
  • LocationHolly's room
Love how everyone's avatar is of breaking bad. Way to go Pt. lol You guys like Aqua Teen?

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
Ummmmm ............. Hand Banana = best thing ever

gypsyrose

gypsyrose

Biter

• Members
  • LocationHolly's room

Ummmmm ............. Hand Banana = best thing ever

yes! that is the shit I am talking about

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members

Love how everyone's avatar is of breaking bad. Way to go Pt. lol You guys like Aqua Teen?

I have no idea what to think of ATHF. I think I've been watching all Adult Swim shows wrong. Is weed enough to enjoy and understand Adult Swim shows or do I need to use hallucinogens (or meth)? I'm not joking here. I'm legit asking. Aside from King of the Hill re-runs and Robot Chicken, Adult Swim just makes my brain hurt.

Just to keep this "on-topic", Walter Junior and Louis watch ATHF, so that's something...

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members

gypsyrose

gypsyrose

Biter

• Members
  • LocationHolly's room

I have no idea what to think of ATHF. I think I've been watching all Adult Swim shows wrong. Is weed enough to enjoy and understand Adult Swim shows or do I need to use hallucinogens (or meth)? I'm not joking here. I'm legit asking. Aside from King of the Hill re-runs and Robot Chicken, Adult Swim just makes my brain hurt.

Just to keep this "on-topic", Walter Junior and Louis watch ATHF, so that's something...

smoking weed will enhance almost any show for me lol

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members
I've never watched any TV show stoned, actually. Now I wonder what watching an episode of Breaking Bad like Grilled or Crawl Space would be like on meth...

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

I've never watched any TV show stoned, actually. Now I wonder what watching an episode of Breaking Bad like Grilled or Crawl Space would be like on meth...

MIND BLOWN !

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
What if Maggie was going to get revenge on Negan and Rick realized that she was going to ruin his plans and get everyone killed so he was put in a position where he had no choice but to kill her? That would definitely cement him down the path of a darker character because Maggie is pretty innocent, Thomas Richards aside.

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members
That would definitely make Rick hateable, but it probably won't happen with Maggie because she knows that Rick and Jesus are planning an attack on The Saviors and Negan. I could see something like that happening to different characters under slightly different circumstances later down the line, though.

Rick hasn't really had too many out-of-line, crazy survivors in his group. Well, except for Ben: who Carl dealt with, Spencer: who Negan gutted, and Nicholas: who was just an ineffectual idiot. Rick hasn't even had too many disagreements with any of the fellow survivors in his group. I can see that changing after Negan is dealt with. If Rick is going to get darker, it will be because he wants to "protect people from themselves", like he did when he first got to Alexandria. If someone isn't following his program and he thinks they might get people killed, I can see Rick taking them out.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
When Kirkman was asked what his favorite show was...

Edit: Go to 55:40

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
thats cool

wasp

wasp

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationBay Area CA

When Kirkman was asked what his favorite show was...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvJjgLz-Qa0&feature=player_detailpage&t=3344

Edit: Go to 55:40

Hells yes to Manhattan projects, Saga, And Breaking Bad.

11 MORE DAYS YO!!! Sorry, bitch. Jesse moment.
This is a Lying Cat, and Lying Cats always play by the rules...At least they're supposed to.

BeauL83

BeauL83

Biter

• Members
  • LocationAustralia
I've been watching BB, I'm up to S3 Ep 3
I Believe In Rick Grimes

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
Here's another idea for Rick's descent into madness.

*This one has BIG Breaking Bad spoilers*

Spoiler

BeauL83

BeauL83

Biter

• Members
  • LocationAustralia

Here's another idea for Rick's descent into madness.

*This one has BIG Breaking Bad spoilers*

Spoiler

I really don't think that rick would do that, but It would be a good twist.
I Believe In Rick Grimes

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!