The Walking Dead Season 4 Ep 10 - Inmates

- - - - - Emily Kinney Norman Reedus Beth Greene Daryl Dixon The Walking Dead Season 4 TWD Episode 10

The Walking Dead Season 4 Episode 10 Inmates Review (200 )

What is your opinion of Episode 4-10 Inmates?

1. Excellent (104 [52.00%] - )

52.00%

2. Good - Some Critiques (72 [36.00%] - )

36.00%

3. Fair - Not What I Expected (20 [10.00%] - )

10.00%

4. Poor (4 [2.00%] - )

2.00%

Lioness

Lioness

Biter

• Members

I'm very much still on the "Lizzie killed Karen and David" train.  I believe she killed them, after seeing how Carol put her dad down, and Carol found out and helped her drag and then burn the bodies.  That's why Carol 'confessed' to Rick when asked if she killed them.  She was trying to protect Lizzie.

Not only did we see Lizzie hurt the bunnies (and can imagine she was the rat killer at the prison), but we know previously Mika said that Lizzie was 'messed up' and then twice during this episode Mika mentions that she isn't like Lizzie and something else about Lizzie that made me think, 'hmm....Mika knows her sister is crazy.'

Putting Carol and Lizzie with Tyreese and having the above be true would make for an interesting dynamic.

I am really looking forward to this story line playing out. I hope the writers spend some time developing this to a great conclusion. 

Putting out fire with gasoline.

D_Piece

D_Piece

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn your pantry being fat

This episode was business in the front and party in the back.

"Are you a human being? Then you are beautiful."

Dead Gov Walking

Dead Gov Walking

Roamer

• Members

If Glenn killed her, wouldn't we all be here lambasting the writers for turning Glenn into the next Shane? She was shown, on-screen, to morally and physically turn against the Governor and his crew, which largely absolves her of her (in my opinion, non-existant) crimes. What did she do to deserve being violently killed? 

Edit: Looking back, you guys were probably just making jokes about wanting her to be killed by Glenn. However, this site seems to be obsessed with death recently. Every time a character does anything vaguely annoying, there are throngs of people here claiming they "look forward to seeing this character die" or something to that effect. I am not implying that people here are evil or violent, and I know these are fictional characters, but there are other ways to handle an annoying character than killing them off. Maybe, if fans of the show would call for better writing instead of the head of whatever character is irking them at the moment, we would have a better quality show, with more well-defined characters.

I was being serious but I didn't mean for it to seem like I wanted him to become the next shane, More, it would have been the result of someone who has already been piled on enough, what with the sickness, loss of his home, and being split from everyone he knows, including his wife, being told that "hey also you're father-in-law kinda lost his head (ba dum tsh)" and kinda snapping.

Not like, permasnapping and becoming crazy though. but he makes a bad decision while he's blinded by rage/sorrow in light of the news.

Ok, if I wasn't able to clarify what I mean, I apologize. I just woke up and my mind's like "what are words?" lol

Dead Gov Walking

Dead Gov Walking

Roamer

• Members

All Glenn really knows is that Hershel was murdered and she was part of the group that did it. I would think he might have considered killing her in that moment. Afterall, Hershel was almost his dad by that point.

ok yeah that, that's kinda what I was getting at. kinda like 

"Ok, you seemed to have been in way in over your head here. It looks like you didn't hurt anyone or try to so...no harm no foul I guess"

"Oh also he killed your father-in-law"
"see, now you just kinda nullified your 'get out of jail free' card...."

Drunktard

Drunktard

S-mart Employee

• Members

Poor Beth, I don't think Daryl should have said that about her father, too soon Daryl, too soon...

Tyreese is sooo clueless right now. He is in a group with a weird kid on her way to become a serial killer and with the woman who killed his girlfriend and he has no idea about any of that.

Although after this last episode I am more inclined to believe that Lizzie is the one who killed Karen and Carol was just covering up for her.

Btw, these two groups are soo close to each other, I hope Daryl and Carol will meet up soon, I really want to see if Daryl will tell Tyreese about Carol or if he will just keep quiet about it.

Damn, Rosita is hot, it's a good thing she is now in a group with Tara. :D

Chinghis

Chinghis

Biter

• Members

OK, something else just occurred to me that I don't think anyone has mentioned yet - Glenn was wearing The Backpack! It was very orange (and too new-looking, frankly). But, now we know that it came back. Kind of interesting, there were a couple other things that showed up, too, but they've slipped my mind right now.

D_Piece

D_Piece

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn your pantry being fat

Episode's Flaws.

- My god. Beth actually got screen time! It would have been better if the actress wasn't absolutely horrendous. Beth's crying had me rolling my eyes the entire time. The only thing from Beth I actually liked was her little monologue at the beginning, talking about Hershel and the Prison being a home, she basically expressed what anybody would hope for in ZA. But it was believable.

I see a lot of people giving Emily Kinney flak about her crying scenes. I have a close friend that cries almost exactly like that. I'm not sure what everyone's preconceived notion of crying is, but it can look and sound very different amongst individuals. 

"Are you a human being? Then you are beautiful."

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

I see a lot of people giving Emily Kinney flak about her crying scenes. I have a close friend that cries almost exactly like that. I'm not sure what everyone's preconceived notion of crying is, but it can look and sound very different amongst individuals. 

Yeah her crying didn't really bother me. It was her speaking

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

howboutthoseos

howboutthoseos

Infected

• Members
What I found strange about Beth's monologue was that during the first half of the season, she was the unemotional one who didn't care when her BF got eaten and repeatedly told people that they had jobs to do and couldn't get caught up in the emotions of the ZA. Now she is reading from a journal entry during the prison time when she supposedly had all this hope about life and the future. Didn't seem very consistent.

DeadCave

DeadCave

Resident Scribe

• *Members*
  • LocationUtah

Do we really know if it was Luke and Molly at the train-tracks? All we saw was a shoe, that was not really in scale to anything else but a pile of guts. The mess that Daryl and Beth found was the remains of the group that Tyreese tried to save and from what I saw they were all adults. What recognizable bodies there were, also adults. So the fate of the two other kids is still up in the air I think. 
Curious to see if the show will simply forget about them or show their fate? They might've escaped, being small, quick and agile against slow walkers. Hiding out somewhere or something. 
If they're dead, then they're dead. But two little kids making it out as far as where they were supposedly found? 

69% of the people find something dirty in everything they read.  http://http://www.gofundme.com/c66cv4

moop420

moop420

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationInside Andrea's Short Shorts

Good episode, but some critiques...

1. The introduction of Abe/Eugene/Rosita was super-lame. They looked like fucking cartoon characters. Or the very least way out of place in the WD world.

2. How the did Glenn end up on the blasted catwalk? I could see him leaving the bus and all but...that catwalk was just a really weird and somewhat illogical place to wake up in. I suppose maybe he was up their for the high ground and passed out like he did on the road. And long was he up there? Did a night pass?

Also, not so much a critique, but having Abe/Ty/Darryl all around at once might be a bit of badass overkill. Although TV show Ty is a big softie, much different than comic Ty.  I'm not ashamed to admit that I doubt I would have taken Judith with me if I were in his place. Having two kids in tow is bad enough.

rim

rim

Infected

• Members
  • LocationCONUS

Not sure if Glenn just passed out from the flu, or if a shell from the tank blew away the catwalk area and knocked him unconscious? Did he ever make it down from the jail to the "courtyard" where the majority of the fighting was taking place? 

moop420

moop420

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationInside Andrea's Short Shorts

The could be possible too. I may be misremembering, but I thought the tank destroyed the catwalk before Glenn was on the bus.

thump

thump

Infected

• Members

I was confused about the why Beth was so upset when she saw the shoe.. Was she just having a break down or did she really think it was the kids?

ZedHead

ZedHead

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationStill waiting on a bus.

What I found strange about Beth's monologue was that during the first half of the season, she was the unemotional one who didn't care when her BF got eaten and repeatedly told people that they had jobs to do and couldn't get caught up in the emotions of the ZA. Now she is reading from a journal entry during the prison time when she supposedly had all this hope about life and the future. Didn't seem very consistent.

I personally would be emotional if my dad just died hours before that. Maybe she was trying to hide her emotions with optimism.

ZedHead

ZedHead

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationStill waiting on a bus.

Good episode, but some critiques...

1. The introduction of Abe/Eugene/Rosita was super-lame. They looked like fucking cartoon characters. Or the very least way out of place in the WD world.
2. How the did Glenn end up on the blasted catwalk? I could see him leaving the bus and all but...that catwalk was just a really weird and somewhat illogical place to wake up in. I suppose maybe he was up their for the high ground and passed out like he did on the road. And long was he up there? Did a night pass?

Also, not so much a critique, but having Abe/Ty/Darryl all around at once might be a bit of badass overkill. Although TV show Ty is a big softie, much different than comic Ty.  I'm not ashamed to admit that I doubt I would have taken Judith with me if I were in his place. Having two kids in tow is bad enough.

2) That is strange, but I think he could of been on the catwalk and the missile hit it and he passed out from the explosion? Idk. But I thought for sure he was for some reason going to jump to the other side because it showed him looking and thinking about jumping over those walkers.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

This episode was business in the front and party in the back.

I think that deserves to be the Netflix description of this episode.

tyweezel

tyweezel

Infected

• Members

The journal entry makes sense because, if you listen, the journal reading is from when they first found the prison, and her hopefulness there contrasts to the hopelessness that everyone from the group now must be feeling.

I dunno why it bugs people.

Robert F

Robert F

Infected

• Members

ugh - sloppy writing. Why would you take a baby OUT of a baby seat? Now they have to carry here vs. holding onto a handle. plus she can sleep in the seat. Dumb.

Glenn closing the door so he's in the pitch black vs. leaving it open? lame.

During the bug out, Maggie told Beth you "have to get in the bus, we all have a job to do" - so they talked about getting out but never picked a place to meet up? Lame. I think it's safe to assume we all agree not having a meeting point is idiotic, but it doesn't even help the story.

With no meeting point, the characters finding each other is very far fetched. Think about it. If you lived in the prison and left in different directions, how in the world would you ever find anyone?

If they did have a meeting point, you could still have the travel episodes, but the eventual meeting up would at least be believable.

All they need to do is have a character say 'let's stick to the plan and head for the general store in town" - don't understand the writers...

T-Dog Obsession

T-Dog Obsession

Infected

• Members

Haven't posted in a while but some random thoughts about this episode.....

Lily - count me among the fans that actually cared about this character and I'm probably in the minority but I don't believe we've seen the last of her despite Tara's comments. It just seemed she played too large a role in the Governors story to simply disappear like her comic counterpart, who was a completely different character anyway. I suppose if Tara is going to stick around a while than Lily's death helps drive her story forward but if she is fact dead it's pretty sad she went the way of Shumpert and quite honestly just lazy writing.

Terminus/Sanctuary - It's very blatant and obvious what they are setting up with this, especially if Gimple is truly trying to follow the comic stories more closely unlike his predecessors did. And the fact we keep hearing about how 'controversial' and 'dark' the 2nd half of the season is it's another dead giveaway what this place may really be.

Mika/Lizzie - ditto in terms of where this is going. But I'll admit part of me is hoping that Lizzie sticks around longer than a few more episodes, or just to the end of season. But if this arc is heading the same direction many fans believe her fate is probably already sealed.

Intro scene/Beth Daryl - I actually loved the opening scene and narrative by Beth. I know many people hate the actress and character but the whole sequence impressed me and set the tone for the episode and aftermath of the fall of the prison. Also it will be interesting to see how this group's story plays out because as others of mentioned it seems they are heading in the opposite direction compared to the rest of the groups so they may be on their own for some time before reuniting with the group.

Overall this was a pretty good episode and these first two episodes of the 2nd half of the season truly have a different feel from the previous 8. And yes Abraham/Eugene/Rosita's introduction was cheesy but glad they have arrived and I'm sure it will add a whole new dynamic to the story.

T-Dog Obsession

T-Dog Obsession

Infected

• Members

The journal entry makes sense because, if you listen, the journal reading is from when they first found the prison, and her hopefulness there contrasts to the hopelessness that everyone from the group now must be feeling.

I dunno why it bugs people.

I just posted similar thoughts about this, but I loved the opening sequence and thought it was done masterfully.

It truly shows the difference between the writing and direction of this show under Gimple compared to Mazarra last season.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

ugh - sloppy writing. Why would you take a baby OUT of a baby seat? Now they have to carry here vs. holding onto a handle. plus she can sleep in the seat. Dumb.

Glenn closing the door so he's in the pitch black vs. leaving it open? lame.

During the bug out, Maggie told Beth you "have to get in the bus, we all have a job to do" - so they talked about getting out but never picked a place to meet up? Lame. I think it's safe to assume we all agree not having a meeting point is idiotic, but it doesn't even help the story.

With no meeting point, the characters finding each other is very far fetched. Think about it. If you lived in the prison and left in different directions, how in the world would you ever find anyone?

If they did have a meeting point, you could still have the travel episodes, but the eventual meeting up would at least be believable.

All they need to do is have a character say 'let's stick to the plan and head for the general store in town" - don't understand the writers...

Baby seats are very hard to carry, especially if you're in a situation where you need to haul ass. It was smarter of Tyreese to take Judith and run in short term

But, yeah. I wasn't a fan of this one either

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Shambo

Shambo

S-mart Employee

• Members

Was anyone else thinking, during the scene of Maggie pulling the zombie by the weave and smashing her face into the bus repeatedly, "Damn, I would NOT want to piss her off"?

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Was anyone else thinking, during the scene of Maggie pulling the zombie by the weave and smashing her face into the bus repeatedly, "Damn, I would NOT want to piss her off"?

Haha!

I thought it was well done. It reminded me of "Better Angels", when Andrea, Shane, T-Dog and Daryl took out all their frustration and grief on those walkers after Dale died.

I smiled when she apologized to her after bashing her head in.

BitBrit

BitBrit

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationNorth West England

2) That is strange, but I think he could of been on the catwalk and the missile hit it and he passed out from the explosion? Idk. But I thought for sure he was for some reason going to jump to the other side because it showed him looking and thinking about jumping over those walkers.

Glenn said he got off the bus to look for Maggie. I imagine he climbed up and then passed out. He had relative safety and a reasonable view.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!