The Governor's Pre "za" Life.? Wouldn't It Be A Nice Twist If They Said He Was A Serial Killer? Like Ted Bundy Ect.

governor

thekingsdesire

thekingsdesire

Infected

• Members
seriously? who else stares at severed heads in their spare time?, it would explain alot and be a cool twist. no?

Treboruk

Treboruk

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom
I think he's just a regular dude, who saw his family and friends get devoured and stuff - which caused him to go a bit nuts.

Then he probably had a suvivor group similiar to Ricks, and he held up at Woodbury and tried to make it a "safe house". Ever since then his "people" think he's like some sort of leader, and he's taking advantage of that and just going on a power trip, calling himself "The Governor" and all.
Frank West - the ultimate zombie apocalypse survivor.
-Hes covered wars you know...

Walker_Slayer

Walker_Slayer

Lurker

• Members
I'm not really sure I would call it a twist but it would certainly explain a lot. I think what would be a twist would be something more along the lines of the Governor having been a priest, or monk, or perhaps a buddhist, something a long those lines. It would certainly beg the question... What exactly happened in his life that made him so psychotic?

mosher

mosher

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOttawa
I think it is far more interesting if he was you average decent neighbor who had a normal boring job, then had his mind sanity destroyed by the constant pain and death and now deals in his own deadly, painful way.

GirlsDeadMonster

GirlsDeadMonster

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNorfolk, VA
Not really. It would be more interesting if in the ZA the hero was a hired killer in his former life turned reluctant leader and savior in the ZA while the villian was just an average guy before the ZA like a teacher turned homicidal dictator in the ZA.
I don't have to outrun walkers, I just have to outrun you!
Highschool Of The Dead full 240316

M-88

M-88

Infected

• Members
There's something ... odd ... about him. I don't know how close he is to the prison .. but I see myself wondering if he escaped at one point or another?

Definitely not a normal person - maybe he did live a normal life with a normal job, but he definitely cracked after the ZA

thekingsdesire

thekingsdesire

Infected

• Members
also in the last episode he said its just him and his daughter? where is she?

Narren

Narren

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationOver there
I think that would cheapen it a bit. I like the idea that he was just an average dude. Perhaps there was a little something bubbling under the surface there, and the ZA just brought it out. Some people will surprise you as to what they'll do when placed in an extraordinary situation. For good and bad.

DukeSilver

DukeSilver

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationWinterfell

also in the last episode he said its just him and his daughter? where is she?

I think we'll be meeting her soon :D

3VHWYjA.gif

iMuzzaa

iMuzzaa

Infected

• Members
  • LocationScotland
I love reading the speculations from people who haven't read the comics or books :D

backwoodsroamer

backwoodsroamer

The Amiable Roamer

• Members
  • LocationThe Isle of Misfit Toys
I've read the GNs and novels. I know the story, but that's not how I like to imagine him.

I like to think of the Gov as just an ordinary guy. Maybe he got downsized at his last job. Now he's trying to keep things together working as assistant manager at Office Depot. You know. Polyester pants, short sleeve dress shirt, clip on tie, and comfortable shoes.

He's got a flair for organization, but never really had a chance to shine. Yeah sure, he's wrapped a little too tight, but he probably could have kept it together if things had just stayed straight and narrow for him. He would have spent his life in "quite desperation" until the day he retired. Then it would have been budget booze while he stewed and simmered over the people and system that kept him down all his life. Would have most likely been a stroke or bum ticker when he "went quietly into that good night."

Things didn't stay straight and narrow though. Oh no! One day the dead didn't stay dead. They got up and walked. Opportunity came knocking at our man's door in the form of a shambling, rotten, voracious corpse. All of a sudden he's finally got that chance to shine. Shine! Hell, he's not gonna shine. He's gonna burn like a damned Comet. Cause whoever he was before is gone forever.

He's standing center stage now, and no matter who or what he was before, now he's The Governor and there's a whole new world waiting for him out there.

"Kiss your Mother goodnight, and remember that God saves."

kxwjZFU.png

Narren

Narren

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationOver there

I love reading the speculations from people who haven't read the comics or books :D

I like having no preconceived notions. This series will never be less to me for a lack of Tyrese (whoever that is).

I've read the GNs and novels. I know the story, but that's not how I like to imagine him.

I like to think of the Gov as just an ordinary guy. Maybe he got downsized at his last job. Now he's trying to keep things together working as assistant manager at Office Depot. You know. Polyester pants, short sleeve dress shirt, clip on tie, and comfortable shoes.

He's got a flair for organization, but never really had a chance to shine. Yeah sure, he's wrapped a little too tight, but he probably could have kept it together if things had just stayed straight and narrow for him. He would have spent his life in "quite desperation" until the day he retired. Then it would have been budget booze while he stewed and simmered over the people and system that kept him down all his life. Would have most likely been a stroke or bum ticker when he "went quietly into that good night."

Things didn't stay straight and narrow though. Oh no! One day the dead didn't stay dead. They got up and walked. Opportunity came knocking at our man's door in the form of a shambling, rotten, voracious corpse. All of a sudden he's finally got that chance to shine. Shine! Hell, he's not gonna shine. He's gonna burn like a damned Comet. Cause whoever he was before is gone forever.

He's standing center stage now, and no matter who or what he was before, now he's The Governor and there's a whole new world waiting for him out there.

What he said.

Walker_Slayer

Walker_Slayer

Lurker

• Members

You should absolutely write a short story about that. I would definitely read it! :zombiethumbsup:

Xfirekeenmike

Xfirekeenmike

Biter

• Banned
  • LocationSouth Texas mcallen area
I work in a hotel and sit in my favorite chair with drink in hand and watch TV most of my working shift. In a Zombie Apocalypse there is no TV and the Governor much like myself as logical as it sounds enjoy watching twitching severed heads.

keith2772

keith2772

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • Locationwernersville, PA

seriously? who else stares at severed heads in their spare time?, it would explain alot and be a cool twist. no?

I thought about something along those lines when he was being furtive with Andrea about telling his name. Thinking maybe she would recognize his name because he was some notorious criminal who managed to escape from the prison when it got overrun. Shaved his scraggly beard and long hair so no one recognizes him. Then I came to the conclusion that he is probably someone who is just a master at reading people and manipulation and was trying to play the "dark and mysterious" card with Andrea.

Rick's Hat

Rick's Hat

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationOver here going through your stuff
A can see him being the CEO of some big corporation. He's used to taking center stage and extremely good at manipulating people. He has probably been a psychopath his entire life.

Crazy has come to town for a visit!!

Singlyme

Singlyme

Biter

• Members
  • LocationPA
I don't think anyone would argue against his being a psycho. Thinking about it - perhaps in staring at those heads, he was thinking, "What's the key? What's the answer to this plague?" Dr. Frankenstein?

When he didn't want to reveal his first name, I just got the feeling that by anyone using it, they would feel too familiar with him. He prefers the title which garners respect. He's really trying to get Andrea to stay.

If he's studying heads and making persuasive tea, does he have a medical background? Don't like this character and hope they quickly end his involvement.

Jgreenwood

Jgreenwood

Roamer

• Members

I hate reading the pompousness of people who have read the comics.Not saying that's you. Just that EVERY thread has somebody popping in and saying "actually, in the comics..." and it gets a tad annoying.

Rick's Hat

Rick's Hat

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationOver here going through your stuff
Those of us who haven't read the comics are the lucky ones I think. Everything is fresh for us and we don't have to ever be disappointed because something doesn't play out the way it did in the comics. Or if characters get changed or added or whatever.

I know if I have read a book and then a movie is made based on the book, I am always pissed off about something that was left out or added. Or a character is not how I see them in my mind's eye.

Back to the Guv's character flaws! I can see one of my old bosses acting just like The Guv, no problem.

Crazy has come to town for a visit!!

Walker_Slayer

Walker_Slayer

Lurker

• Members

I don't think anyone would argue against his being a psycho. Thinking about it - perhaps in staring at those heads, he was thinking, "What's the key? What's the answer to this plague?" Dr. Frankenstein?

When he didn't want to reveal his first name, I just got the feeling that by anyone using it, they would feel too familiar with him. He prefers the title which garners respect. He's really trying to get Andrea to stay.

If he's studying heads and making persuasive tea, does he have a medical background? Don't like this character and hope they quickly end his involvement.

There was nothing in the tea. The producers said so themselves.

Those of us who haven't read the comics are the lucky ones I think. Everything is fresh for us and we don't have to ever be disappointed because something doesn't play out the way it did in the comics. Or if characters get changed or added or whatever.

I know if I have read a book and then a movie is made based on the book, I am always pissed off about something that was left out or added. Or a character is not how I see them in my mind's eye.

Back to the Guv's character flaws! I can see one of my old bosses acting just like The Guv, no problem.

I completely agree. I think I appreciate TV Shows / Movies a lot more if I watch them before I ever even touch the book/s. And I am exactly the same way if I've read the book/s first. I always nitpick the TV Show / Movie to death because it changes something from the book that is usually a critical element in the story line.

mosher

mosher

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOttawa
I think that by now readers of the comics would know that their knowledge about the Walking Dead isn't terribly useful to anyone in terms of the television show, all they have are expectations. They may be right, but then they are often wrong.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Well done, sir.

I don't know if watch Breaking Bad, but you just described Walter White under completely different circumstances.

DeadCave

DeadCave

Resident Scribe

• *Members*
  • LocationUtah
It's difficult to say what would happen to ANYONE in a ZA. What happens to a man in combat? Previously a loving caring gentle person, now a hardened stone cold killer.
Saying that he was/is a serial killer would indeed be an interesting twist. When asked his name he replied "I'll never tell" odd answer but then later admits it's Phillip... or is it?
We can only wait and see.

69% of the people find something dirty in everything they read.  http://http://www.gofundme.com/c66cv4

Bestrafen

Bestrafen

Roamer

• Members
I'd much rather him be a normal person who was warped. It makes things much more interesting because being something sinister would be expected.

HungryGhost

HungryGhost

Infected

• Members
I think he was Shane or Rick before the ZA. Just a normal guy trying to live a decent life with some sense of morality. The ZA took three men who were very similar and then they took three different paths to where they are now.

Shane went nuts and died, but Rick is currently as nuts as Shane ever was. The Governor is just what Rick would become if he made it long enough.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!