Will Governor Capture Herschel/michonne?

- - - - - Governor Herschel Michonne

Joseph

Joseph

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationColchester, England.
Episode 5 definitely felt like Herschel's goodbye episode, literally throughout the whole episode he had emotional scenes with Glenn, Lizzie, Maggie, Sasha, Rick and then had some cool little moments at the end with Daryl calling him a bad-ass and then Michonne asking Herschel to come on a run with him ( I'm pretty sure that's what was implied ) I kept expecting him to die and was quite surprised he didn't.

Now, we all know that Governor is waiting outside the prison and spying on them.

We also know that Michonne & Herschel are going on a run/outside the prison ( I think )

And finally we know that - Comic Spoiler
Spoiler

So, this is my prediction for what will happen to Michonne & Herschel
Spoiler

I think the scene at the end of episode 5 heavily points to this happening and it's a pretty huge moment from the comics so there's a good chance they will want to include it in the tv series and this does some like the most realistic way to make it happen.

Jenners

Jenners

Roamer

• Members
Not sure if I am correct or not but when michonne was leaving in the jeep they had a trailer with a bunch of dead zombies in it.. I was under the impression that they were taking them somewhere to be burned or away from the prison. I didn't think she was going on a run and I think their both smart enough to realize although Herschel moves quite well with his fake leg he wouldn't be able to run away quick enough from zombies.
I love my town; This will not define us. 12/14/12. We choose love.

Jenners

Jenners

Roamer

• Members
But I do like what you are saying and think it would make a great story line and very plausible.
I love my town; This will not define us. 12/14/12. We choose love.

Thierry88

Thierry88

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationNetherlands
Were Michonne and Hershel actually driving away from the prison or just driving around the buildings on the prison terrain? I heard Hershel saying they were burning bodies of people that died in the prison of the flu, but I guess the bodies on the trailer were from the walkers Rick and Carl shot down (great scene btw, father and son doing some zombie-shooting together). If they were driving away from the prison, wouldn't they notice the Governor was just standing there? They still haven't learn to post a guard, but with everyone sick I guess they are very thin on people.

DeadInDetroit

DeadInDetroit

Lurker

• Members
I dont think he will be caught
Spoiler
but somethin is def gonna happen to him an he probably will die in the next few eps! This episode was basically centered around how Hersh-dog is the groups "rock" an it showed how much he means to everyone. Itll be a heavy blow to the group when hes gone! I think if TG does kill anyone tyreese style, Hersh-dog is the best option. It will have a devestating effect on EVERY single member!

Skeet

Skeet

Infected

• Members
  • LocationNorth Augusta, SC
I could see the Gov doing something like that. I think if he were going to catch anyone, he'd want Michonne. My only issue with killing someone at the front gate is that he no longer has enough manpower to do something like that. The prison group could shoot him too easily. He doesn't have enough guns to hold them off, and he'd either get shot or easily captured. I could see him capturing someone, either killing them or hurting them, and then dropping them off at the gate. But then again, the group could come after him, and he no longer has a small army. I think he has spent all winter letting his rage build, but he is calculating and methodical. For now though, I think he'll have to keep doing things to mess with them w/o them realizing what's going on. He's too out-numbered to reveal himself to prison just yet.

UltraAmbiguousID

UltraAmbiguousID

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationTonawanda, New York, USA

Now, we all know that Governor is waiting outside the prison and spying on them.
We also know that Michonne & Herschel are going on a run/outside the prison ( I think )

Well, I didn't want spoilers, so didn't peek at your hidden comments.

I thought MIchonne was taking the rest of the walkers to some burn pile somewhere and she asked Hershel to help her out. I like that Michonne didn't take Rick's help as he, and Carl, had killed all the walkers and was tired, but she needed someone as those bodies are heavy.

Even if the walker pile is on the other side of the prison, they won't be far. I'm guessing the Gov will see it as an opportunity... two less people at the prison.

Singlyme

Singlyme

Biter

• Members
  • LocationPA
I'm afraid for Hershel. My only hope is that Michonne kills TG and we're rid of him permanently.

As soon as I saw his face at episode end, my first thought was "SHIT!!!" I am SO sick of this character! He's the only story line that could throw me off my oats. Why? Why? WHY? This episode was so intense, I was tight-cheeked watching it. Now.... TG? Again, SHIT!!! He dragged us through (for me) the most irritating season of this series. I don't want to plod through his insanity again.

ssnider75

ssnider75

Lurker

• Members

I could see the Gov doing something like that. I think if he were going to catch anyone, he'd want Michonne. My only issue with killing someone at the front gate is that he no longer has enough manpower to do something like that. The prison group could shoot him too easily. He doesn't have enough guns to hold them off, and he'd either get shot or easily captured. I could see him capturing someone, either killing them or hurting them, and then dropping them off at the gate. But then again, the group could come after him, and he no longer has a small army. I think he has spent all winter letting his rage build, but he is calculating and methodical. For now though, I think he'll have to keep doing things to mess with them w/o them realizing what's going on. He's too out-numbered to reveal himself to prison just yet.

Due to the time lapse, we have no idea what the Governor has now.

When we last saw him, he was down to him plus 2. Now, how knows? He may have another little army built up or may have stumbled onto some weapons. He could have captured Carol, killed Morgan, or done nothing so far.

Also, don't forget that the Governor cannot be shot. We saw multiple times last season where he can just stand in the open and never even have to duck.

I_Follow_You_Axel

I_Follow_You_Axel

You Follow Me?

• Moderators
  • LocationWhere Dave Met Tony
I agree that Michonne was taking the bodies outside the fence to burn, and Hershel went with her because he was stuck inside for days, and has told Carl he likes how peaceful it can get outside the fence. I don't feel that the Governor is putting any plans into action at this moment, but he's bidding his time.
"I ain't walking out to the woods to get my pecker bit off by a roamer, you follow me?"
- Axel (Who else, really?)

UltraAmbiguousID

UltraAmbiguousID

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationTonawanda, New York, USA
At 18:00 in episode 5, Hershel is talking to Rick about the sick people who died, "We're burning them behind the blocks."

So, not too far distance-wise, but didn't Glenn drive a truck around the prison and he wasn't aware the prison was being attacked?
Maybe it's too far to hear?

ellie

ellie

Infected

• Members

Episode 5 definitely felt like Herschel's goodbye episode, literally throughout the whole episode he had emotional scenes with Glenn, Lizzie, Maggie, Sasha, Rick and then had some cool little moments at the end with Daryl calling him a bad-ass and then Michonne asking Herschel to come on a run with him ( I'm pretty sure that's what was implied ) I kept expecting him to die and was quite surprised he didn't

I hate that you said that because now I think so too... Nooooo, I don't want to lose him now. I thought he was a goner last night and it made me realize how much I like him as a character.

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left
That would be a great scene, and I think it's very plausible. I would be extremely sad to see Hershel go, but I still think it would be a great scene.

"There's no "I" in team" 

"Yeah, there's no "U" either. So I guess if I'm not on the team, and you're not on the team, nobody's on the God damn team. The team sucks!"

techzombie

techzombie

Infected

• Members
Michonne was on the trailer, making her a sitting target. TG likes to torture people before he kills them. Hershel may be able to drive away quickly, unless TG shoots a tire or two. TG's focus is on the prison, but Carol is on the loose somewhere, and with TG's personality, he may have made other enemies that are lurking somewhere waiting for a good shot.

Lurwalker

Lurwalker

Biter

• Members
  • LocationLouisiana
I also felt that this was a sort of goodbye episode for Herschel as I just don't think he will make it to seasons end. TG is an evil but smart man and certainly manipulative enough to use Herschel in the
Spoiler
manner; however, TG I think learns from his mistakes. I don't think he wants the prison population to know he is around and he will surprise attack them this go round as they knew he would be coming last time and they were prepared for his arrival so to me he has to surprise attack them. IF he would choose to attempt to capture Michonne/Herschel and the other one survived to tell everyone else he was around then the jig is up and Rick's group would know something was really wrong if Michonne didn't come back. That to me would be a big red flag waving around because Michonne knows how to handle walkers. The only way I could see him using Herschel as live bait would be if he was trying to draw Rick's group out of the prison itself and I just don't see this option working well yet.

Coyote

Coyote

Infected

• Members
I think the Governor will offer them a deal, let me in or i will kill Hershel (similar to the comic scene). I then think that he will see Maggie and/or Beth crying by the gates and he will say his final GN line
Spoiler

Valleyaggie

Valleyaggie

Biter

• Members
  • LocationSouth Texas
I don't see Michonne allowing Hershel or herself to be captured. I think she'd kill Hershel herself to prevent him being captured by TG and I see her fighting to the death to prevent herself being captured as well. I could be wrong though.
"My mind is my weapon ... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." - Tyrion Lannister

Ryan_Dead

Ryan_Dead

Biter

• Members
I never thought about this but it seems like a pretty good idea. I could definitely see it happening if Michonne and Hershel have infact gone away from the prison.

Chryz707

Chryz707

Lurker

• Members
Maybe The Governor will leave one of Ricks groups heads on a spike in front of the prison with a love note signed by the governor!

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

I don't see Michonne allowing Hershel or herself to be captured. I think she'd kill Hershel herself to prevent him being captured by TG and I see her fighting to the death to prevent herself being captured as well. I could be wrong though.

As badass as she is, shit happens. She was kidnapped by Merle last season.

As mentioned above, I really don't see the Guv taking any action yet, though.

Valleyaggie

Valleyaggie

Biter

• Members
  • LocationSouth Texas

As badass as she is, shit happens. She was kidnapped by Merle last season.

Yes, but at that point she didn't really know how bad he actually was. They didn't know much about TG and Merle and the other guys at all at that point. And Andrea was so sick, she couldn't help. I think the situation is different now. Michonne knows how sick TG is and actually has a vendetta against him because of Andrea's death. It's a new ballgame now and I think she would fight to the death - and Hershel's death - to avoid getting captured again.
"My mind is my weapon ... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." - Tyrion Lannister

joshuakilpatrickl

joshuakilpatrickl

Infected

• Members
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Yes, but at that point she didn't really know how bad he actually was. They didn't know much about TG and Merle and the other guys at all at that point. And Andrea was so sick, she couldn't help. I think the situation is different now. Michonne knows how sick TG is and actually has a vendetta against him because of Andrea's death. It's a new ballgame now and I think she would fight to the death - and Hershel's death - to avoid getting captured again.

If The Governor has an army with him then Michonne and her katana won't do much good.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Michonne was on to the Guv from the beginning. She knew he would send his henchmen after her when she left Woodbury and he did.
That wasn't really my point though. I do agree that she would do everything in her power to prevent herself and Hershel from being taken hostage, but sometimes things happen beyond our control. I think that they showed her stumbling with her horse earlier this season to show that she is human and not an unbelievable, invincible cartoon hero (like it seemed last year when she was climbing trees without branches and jumping from unrealistic heights).

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers
Please tag all comic references

Also, this is a speculation only thread - no preview spoilers, please.

I R Biter

I R Biter

Biter

• Members
  • LocationSpace City
I mostly hope Herschel doesn't have to see anything bad happen to Maggie or Beth. If he has to die while they're at the prison, I want him to at least know they're still alive. I love Herschel, he's so good.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!