Photo

Will Governor Capture Herschel/michonne?

- - - - - Governor Herschel Michonne

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Valleyaggie

Valleyaggie

Biter

• Members
  • 1,843 posts
  • LocationSouth Texas

If The Governor has an army with him then Michonne and her katana won't do much good.

Michonne was on to the Guv from the beginning. She knew he would send his henchmen after her when she left Woodbury and he did.
That wasn't really my point though. I do agree that she would do everything in her power to prevent herself and Hershel from being taken hostage, but sometimes things happen beyond our control. I think that they showed her stumbling with her horse earlier this season to show that she is human and not an unbelievable, invincible cartoon hero (like it seemed last year when she was climbing trees without branches and jumping from unrealistic heights).

I agree that sometimes situations are out of your control and that against an army, her katana wouldn't go far. But I don't see her surrendering and being captured. She might lose the battle, but she won't get taken alive. Just my opinion.
"My mind is my weapon ... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." - Tyrion Lannister

Antares511

Antares511

Infected

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationGermany
My prediction for the week:

At some point, Rick et al will come across the Governor, and they will find him with two "bodyguards".

Al รก Michonne, the Governor will have amputated the arms of Martinez and Schumpert, removed their lower jaws, and have them chained by the neck like pet dogs.

Thierry88

Thierry88

Roamer

• Members
  • 492 posts
  • LocationNetherlands
I actually think it was kind of a "coincidence" we saw Michonne and Hershel driving off and The Governor standing there close after each other. I think if we are meant to believe they are going to be captured we would have seen them riding towards The Governor as he was standing here. I wouldn't be surprised if Michonne and Hershell will be just back safe and sound at the beginning of next episode (if we are going to see the prison at all and it will not be a full The Governor episode), as in we don't need to see them coming back after they burnt the bodies somewhere. They just wanted to show Hershel can finally spent some time on other things than caring for diseased people, telling us the flu problem seems to be over soon and Michonne taking him with her shows she opens up to others than just Rick, Carl and Daryl. At the same time they wanted us to know The Governor is back.

AlleghenyILS

AlleghenyILS

Infected

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Episode 5 definitely felt like Herschel's goodbye episode, literally throughout the whole episode he had emotional scenes with Glenn, Lizzie, Maggie, Sasha, Rick and then had some cool little moments at the end with Daryl calling him a bad-ass and then Michonne asking Herschel to come on a run with him ( I'm pretty sure that's what was implied ) I kept expecting him to die and was quite surprised he didn't.

Now, we all know that Governor is waiting outside the prison and spying on them.

We also know that Michonne & Herschel are going on a run/outside the prison ( I think )

And finally we know that - Comic Spoiler

Spoiler

So, this is my prediction for what will happen to Michonne & Herschel
Spoiler

I think the scene at the end of episode 5 heavily points to this happening and it's a pretty huge moment from the comics so there's a good chance they will want to include it in the tv series and this does some like the most realistic way to make it happen.

If your second spoiler happens - and I hope it does - then that would be the thing that actually makes the rest of the season worth watching in my opinion. It would make someone on the show actually have some balls.

General Ian Zane

General Ian Zane

Lurker

• Members
  • 268 posts
Herschel is definitely the Gandalf. He's toast.

"God Damnit, Rick, listen to me. Run, you fools!"

Posted Image

Edited by General Ian Zane, 16 November 2013 - 01:46 AM.

Drunktard

Drunktard

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 135 posts
I don't see anybody getting killed in front of the whole group as long as Maggie is around to snipe the governor when he so generously tries to put up a show for them to watch.

Thierry88

Thierry88

Roamer

• Members
  • 492 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

I don't see anybody getting killed in front of the whole group as long as Maggie is around to snipe the governor when he so generously tries to put up a show for them to watch.

Indeed, if it's only Martinez, Shumpert and TG himself, bringing a hostage to the prison gate is quite a suicide mission. If he was standing there with his army of last season, it would be a different story. Now they can snipe him from multiple directions.

dammitdale

dammitdale

Infected

• Members
  • 29 posts
There are some interesting similarities between Hershel and the Governor. Both lost family during the outbreak, both held out hope that there was a cure, both kept their dead loved ones around well past the point of reason.

If anyone is capable of touching what little hold on humanity the Governor has it'd be Hershel. I'd love to see Hershel try to reach him a la Rick and Morgan, with similar results (glimmer of hope, then failure).

Dramatically, it would be compelling.

Edited by dammitdale, 17 November 2013 - 03:51 PM.

Thierry88

Thierry88

Roamer

• Members
  • 492 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

There are some interesting similarities between Hershel and the Governor. Both lost family during the outbreak, both held out hope that there was a cure, both kept their dead loved ones around well past the point of reason.

If anyone is capable of touching what little hold on humanity the Governor has it'd be Hershel. I'd love to see Hershel try to reach him a la Rick and Morgan, with similar results (glimmer of hope, then failure).

Hershel already knows what a sick man TG is, especially after what he did to Maggy (TG didn't really rape her, but pretending to do so was worse enough), but also putting Merle and Daryl against each other in a death match, sending walkers on a group of people with children and a baby. He probably also knows about the heads in the fish tanks, as Rick knew it because he brought it up in the meeting with TG and the raids on other people. Even though Hershel keeps faith in humanity, I think even he realizes TG is beyond any reason. It would be dramatic nonetheless, but it's quite a cliche that persons who try to reach the sensitive side of an enemy ends up being killed. If Hershel does try, it would be out of complete desperation. He would be willing to sacrifice his life for others, but I fear his sacrifice will be just in vain, but as that is quite shocking I can see the show going in that direction.

dammitdale

dammitdale

Infected

• Members
  • 29 posts
Merle was no angel and basically served the characters you mentioned to the Governor on a platter. Yet, Hershel sat with him and essentially forgave him. I think it's in Hershel's nature to do so. I don't think he's the type who believes anyone is beyond redemption. It doesn't have to be cliche ala Luke and Darth Vader, if its properly written. I'm thinking more along the lines of Lloyd and Glen in Stephen King's "The Stand".

Boss

Boss

Infected

• Members
  • 96 posts

I never thought about this. A conversation between Hershel and TG would make for an interesting scene.

Lurwalker

Lurwalker

Roamer

• Members
  • 712 posts
  • LocationLouisiana
Me thinks they are in lots and lots of trouble.

Thierry88

Thierry88

Roamer

• Members
  • 492 posts
  • LocationNetherlands
I can see it being a teaser. We see TG first looking at Rick and Carl, and then he moves further and see Michonne and Hershel. Seeing her again fuels his inner rage as she killed Penny and made him "One-eye-Bri". I can see him pointing his gun at her like he is going to shoot her or Hershel, only to withdraw and gather his new army at the camp for a new assault. It would be a stupid move from TG to alert everyone at the prison of his return before he got his army there.

Joseph

Joseph

Lurker

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • LocationColchester, England.
I'm glad this happened! Made the episode that nice bit more intense having hostages and good to see them using key scenes from the comics!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Governor, Herschel, Michonne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!