Random Rantings!!

* * * * * 1 rant

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

Dude that sucks. What kind of cake was it to overflow like that? That's why with certain cakes and pies, I always put a cookie sheet underneath the pan. 

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

decided to bake a cake

it overflowed and ruined two pans, and i get to scrub the stove/broiler

that and computer will need repairs, which i can't afford

not a good day

:o  I'll share my birthday cake with you, buddy. 

Jon is fine, dammit.

Guest_CraigTNelsonMandela_*

Guest_CraigTNelsonMandela_*
  • Guests

it was a chocolate cake, which i've made the exact same way before, but it didn't work this time

shit happens, i just don't like spending 90 minutes scraping and scrubbing

not like i need more sweets anyway

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

it was a chocolate cake, which i've made the exact same way before, but it didn't work this time

shit happens, i just don't like spending 90 minutes scraping and scrubbing

not like i need more sweets anyway

Today i was making sloppy Joes and because idk any good recipes to make it, i use manwich canned sauce. Well my daughter runs in the kitchen grabbs the can and takes off. when i told her to bring it back she didn't....so stupid me who didn't pay attention...i walk into the living room grabb the can...i open it up dump it and think....this sauce looks odd...it was pizza sauce. :/

limaro

limaro

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio, US

So you spread the beef in the pizza sauce on the buns, topped it with some cheese, baked it in the oven and invented Mini Pizza Subs that your daughter will remember forever and ever as Dad's Specialty, right Mr. NomNom?

“That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery.”
― Stephen King, The Stand

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

So you spread the beef in the pizza sauce on the buns, topped it with some cheese, baked it in the oven and invented Mini Pizza Subs that your daughter will remember forever and ever as Dad's Specialty, right Mr. NomNom?

No because i had no cheese...lol. i had to run it under water. Good news was it wasn't the whole can. It was fine in the end though.

Steph

Steph

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

Ugh. Both of my girls have lice. LICE!!!! 

I first noticed it on Liz (my 4 year old) this morning when she asked me to check a dry spot on her head. well, saw a fucking bug, then another. Long story short, I called my older kid's school and they got someone in to do a lice check. Six kids in her class alone have it. My mother in law has it too, I gave her a call to let her know. So far I think I'm in the clear, I used that nit brush thing on my head and didn't see anything. I'm still going to have my husband check when he gets home though. I feel so gross, I've been dealing with lice all fucking day long. 

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

Oh glob, lice sucks so bad to deal with, especially in girls with all that long hair. My son brought it home from an outbreak at his pre-school and gave it to the whole family, and my hair was to my waist at the time. Needless to say, it was fucking horrible to deal with. You have all of my feels and sympathy.  :( 

Jon is fine, dammit.

Steph

Steph

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

Yeah it sucks bad. Dave checked me and I seem to be in the clear. He is too, so that's a relief. Both girls are sick of me picking at their heads with the comb by now. I swear, just when you think you've got them all, you see more. 

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket

My BIL is visiting and he says that there's a shampoo you can order that repels the fuckers. Fairytaleshaircare.com.  Lice hate rosemary and his girls NEVER got lice.

Steph

Steph

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

thanks for the link, I'm going to look into it. I love rosemary, it's my favorite herb. 

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

I had french fries with fried herbs, one of which was rosemary. I usually am not into rosemary, but it actually tasted pretty good, especially paired with french fries lol

limaro

limaro

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio, US

Potatoes and rosemary are a match made in heaven!  Get some fingerlings and toss them in olive oil and rosemary  and salt then roast  'em till they're soft and wrinkling.  Best easy side dish!

And Steph, you have my sympathies!  My daughter came home with them last year.  Horrid and disgusting!  I get twitchy just thinking about it!  

We spent hours  combing,  and  treated and followed all the directions for a week, and washed ALL the clothes and linens, and got a carpet cleaner and did the upholstery... and still had  a second  outbreak a week later.   The little buggers are becoming resistant to the pesticides in the treatments and getting harder and harder to kill.

No one else in the house got them thank God! Good luck.  

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
I worked with a girl who never took a shower. You want to talk about gross. You would just walk by her and you would start scratching your head thinking you had lice. She never showered because she was "lazy and never felt like it" after about 50 complaints from all kinds of people they started to watch her once she got on her cell phone and ignored her job they fired her.

D_Piece

D_Piece

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn your pantry being fat

It's kind of shocking how many people don't bath on a regular basis. Some cultures just don't find body odor as being offensive. That's fine. You have every right to be a stinky motherfucker. I have every right to crinkle my nose and disinfect everything you touched. 

"Are you a human being? Then you are beautiful."

limaro

limaro

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio, US

If you say you're going to be making a decision and will be in touch by the end of the week, then you damned will ought to do it!  

Be courteous. Tell me the decision has been delayed. Lie. Whatever.  

Had another great job interview on Monday.  One of 3 final candidates.  Since I've not heard from the guy, I figure he offered it to one of the other candidates, who asked for the weekend to consider the offer.  So he's leaving the rest of us hanging just in case he needs to come back to his 2nd choice.  

Patience is not my strong suit.

Steph

Steph

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

I worked with a girl who never took a shower. You want to talk about gross. You would just walk by her and you would start scratching your head thinking you had lice. She never showered because she was "lazy and never felt like it" after about 50 complaints from all kinds of people they started to watch her once she got on her cell phone and ignored her job they fired her.

That's gross. I used to work with a guy that absolutely reeked of BO. It was so bad you could smell it as soon as he came in, and it would linger long after he left a room. One of the managers finally had to talk to him about it, it was just that bad. 

As for lice, they actually like clean hair. The cleaner, the better. I took my girls to a nurse today for a check...I'm clear and my youngest one is, but there were a few nits on my older one. So fucking annoying! Anyway, the nurse told me that for myself (since I was saying my head was suddenly itching nonstop), that because I use hair products every day, that keeps them away. So as my hair is "clean" in the way that I wash it, it's "dirty" because I put stuff in it. Also, the itching is all apparently stemming from a severe case of heeby geebies lol

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket

I have nothing to rant about except that my beloved BIL has gone from just conservative to conspiracy theorist nut job. He is fully convinced that the CT. school shooting was a "false flag operation."   :srug: 

But I have a few things to say about other comments.  BBL: Have you ever had truffle fries?  Limaro would know whether they are fried completely in truffle oil or if they just spritz them w/ them and then let that soak in but that is heaven to me.  I don't bathe frequently.  So infrequently that our dear BWR's first nick name for me was "Stinky".  Little did we realize that 2 years later, he'd be living here and realize that I have NO natural odor.  Some people just have nasty sweat.  And your nurse is right, Steph. Hair products also deter lice, as does the hair of certain ethnicities.  They can't crawl up flat hair as easily as round hair. Go figure.  .  

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

Isn't real truffle oil extremely expensive? Seems like I remember Gordon Ramsay saying most people had never had true truffle oil before.

Jon is fine, dammit.

backwoodsroamer

backwoodsroamer

The Amiable Roamer

• Members
  • LocationThe Isle of Misfit Toys

So, we had a little adventure here on the farm this afternoon. I had pulled my truck around back, eyeballed the clouds rolling in, and was debating on washing it. 

Radley the Polar Bear dog started barking and Mama Glass went to investigate. It was this little fellow.

">http://qyklOtI.jpg 

There was a bit of debate on what he was. A snake of course, but what kind? :srug:  NEhow, relocation was determined to be the best policy.  :zombiethumbsup: 

I pinned his head and Glass brought a cooler to carry him in. Problem was I was decided at this point with a arrowhead shaped noggin, fat triangular body, and a really bitey attitude I wasn't comfortable loosing control of his head. Mama Glass was gracious to fetch a pair of my tac gloves and hold the snake down while I donned them. I was wishing I had plunked down the extra bucks for the gauntlet style at this point. :smiley-confused002: 

All went well though and this was the result.

">http://8XroQwl.jpg  

">http://A2sgIDk.jpg

By the way, I'm not really bald. When I concentrate really hard the hair withdraws into my head. I think it's got something to do with keeping my brain cool. Sorta like the processor in a computer you know.  B)

As we ambled to the back forty with Mama Glass in the lead I was eyeballing the little fella's mouth. He yawned and his fangs folded out. Oh well, in for a penny in for pound. Right? :srug: Out in the badlands he went.

Mama Glass headed for the interwebs to identify the snake. I'm no fool......well, I am........but I kept my pie hole shut about the fangs. :rolleyes: 

10_02_04_13.jpg

She wasn't really pleased we had just rescued a juvenile Cottonmouth!  :unsure2: So what I need is for one of you folks to tell us it wasn't a Cottonmouth. Come on guys. Somebody do me a solid here. A life is a life, and I don't regret saving him, but Mama Glass won't let me go out back to wash my truck now. Something about me being a soft hearted old fool.  :ohmy:

"Kiss your Mother goodnight, and remember that God saves."

kxwjZFU.png

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket

Isn't real truffle oil extremely expensive? Seems like I remember Gordon Ramsay saying most people had never had true truffle oil before.

We have a "Dented can store" in Fort Worth.  I bought several bottles for $2.99 a few years ago.  It was divine and cheap.  I couldn't afford it and it was the real deal.  My bestie went to CIA and is head Chef at the Modern there.  Dena bought the entire store out of it.   :ps-mummies:

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket

And to top it off, Radley (polar bear) was put back out, began to bark at where we finally cornered the snake (blue tarp area) and that's not where he last saw him.  I heard a distinct rattle.  Coulda been the tarp blowing but I'm thinking not.  Shiny head BWR says there wouldn't be 2 kinds of snakes in the same area.  GRRRR.  Dogs are back in and I'm taking BWR out for a steak.  I'll post pics of us looking presentable later.

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

It's not a cotton mouth. It's clearly a polyester mouth, so all is good. This gif doesn't work with this post, either...but I'm still gonna use it.

qrFI02F.gif

Jon is fine, dammit.

Steph

Steph

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

Dude. I mean....dude! It's things like this that make me very glad I live in the north and we don't' get that shit up here lol

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket

Well, at least we have actual grass for snakes to hide in animals that aren't white and furry ya gosh darned igloo dweller.  :whatever:

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!