Random Rantings!!

* * * * * 1 rant

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Rant for the morning!

So the past 2+ months there has been a large addition being constructed on the house I live in with my girlfriend. So the construction crew gets to the house usually at 7am and we like to sleep in as late as we can. And as you know we had the garage fire last month. So this morning was the day that the debris removal crew was scheduled to come and clean up the wreckage so things are extra crazy at the house. Usually the parking situation has been tricky because the construction crew has 3-4 full size pickup trucks. So, as I'm leaving for work I first get accosted by one of the house addition construction workers who's like "Hey I tried banging on the door all morning cause we had to get in the house you need to give me a number to call!"

- First off, bud, a phone number ain't gonna do you any good when people in the house are pretty sound sleepers.

- Second off, it's harder for someone to hear a knock because the bedroom closest to the entrance of the house is currently being renovated as part of the addition.

- Third you're always rude and swearing and banging on shit which makes the 8.5 month pregnant women we live with uncomfortable, and most of us in general because you're an

angry fuck.

- Fourth, it looks like I'm blocked in and can't get to work so i can't deal with you right now. You're welcome for the Christmas gift card present to the local packie so you can drink away your sorrows. 

So I get to my car and see that there is a plow truck parked in the driveway blocking anyone from coming or going. Some guy comes up to me and I'm like hey I'm heading out to work can you possibly move that truck? And he's actually pretty nice about it, turns out he was from the wreckage crew, but he also needed us to move my girlfriend and her sisters car because a huge flat bed was coming in to haul away the burnt hull of our old truck and there were dumptrucks waiting at the bottom of the driveway to be loaded up with debris. So I had to go in and wake up my girlfriend and her sister to get car keys, play car tetris and then get to work late. That part was annoying, but at least the guy was more pleasant than the rude construction worker, who said to me as I left "Now you can go to work." Fuck you buddy. Fuck you. Haha. Ugh. Only a few more weeks until the addition is done... and then we get to have a new garage constructed in the spring, haha. Never ending. 

/rant

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket

FIRE THEM!!!!

My rant:  Fred's Pharmacy of Crystal Springs MS.  Incompetent as fuck.  One time, we had 3 scripts and called on a Thursday.  BWR went Friday and then Saturday to pick up.  Not ready.  I went in Monday, having been told they were there.  I spent FOUR FUCKING HOURS with every sick person in this town of 5000, waiting.  They consistently have "IOU's" on their bottles. Yesterday, BWR went to pick up one LAST script (using City Drug now) and it was not for Jim Roamer but for Larry Roamer.  Luckily, Larry is a nice dude.  Drank a Bud Lite, got his gabopentin and we had a nice chat.  He lives close (small town and all).  Next, I'm calling the Chief of Police.  Fred's is gonna kill a feeble person one day.  

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Haha, I'm sure people in the house wouldn't mind if the one particular guy was fired, but the rest of the crew has been nice, plus they're almost done with the work. Maybe for the garage we'll get a different crew. 

Also that pharmacy thing sounds like a nightmare. If I had to deal with a place like that for my meds I'd be switching to another place pretty quick!

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket

City drug rules.  I called the MS. board of Pharmacies to report the problem(S) at the advice of the local police.  Seriously, how many old folks have they killed?  BWR takes 12 pills/day for lots of stuff.  He is somewhat sane and okay.  If you're feeble, then what?  Fuck this shit.  They're going down and I'll light the match.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Good for you making things happen, Mama Glass. I'm sure the issue has been going on for sometime and nobody has the guts to do anything about it. My local pharmacy where I live in VT was great, until my medication changed back in the fall and they couldn't carry it since its a speciality med. The cool thing is that the speciality pharmacy it comes from does free courier delivery, so I don't have to drive 45 minutes into town to get it. Now that's service. 

Also interestingly I met someone from MS a little while back. She was on a date with my guitarist. I think she said she was from the northern part of the state, but I don't remember the town, going to grad school in VT. Nice gal. I don't think my guitarist wound up pursuing anything further with her though. Oh well, we're getting off the ranting topics!  

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket

I wanted to live in Water Valley, MS.  I even have a friend there who is in the Drive By Truckers.  We ended up nearer BWR's area, which I like but know no one.  I was glad to meet prescription dude.   That is just sad.  :/

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket

Apply these words to the internet and what occurred yesterday.  The thread in announcements is locked so here it is.  I would like for someone to edit my name out of that Welcome thread as it no longer applies.  Good night and good luck Bug and DOMF.  

Bug

Bug

Zombie Herder

• Moderators

My rant.  People that can't turn left without cutting the corner.  My heart shouldn't jump into my throat when someone is turning, especially if there's an extra lane between the one they're going into and the one I'm in.  

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

My rant.  People that can't turn left without cutting the corner.  My heart shouldn't jump into my throat when someone is turning, especially if there's an extra lane between the one they're going into and the one I'm in.  

Oh I hate that too! 

Bug

Bug

Zombie Herder

• Moderators

Adding to my bitch about drivers, if I'm speeding don't tailgate because it doesn't make me go any faster. It does guarantee we'll be doing the speed limit. 

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Well, here's a rant for Monday morning and it's a long one. I know many of you have your issues with her exes, so here's mine:

This happened over the weekend actually. Wound up checking my e-mail on Saturday afternoon and my day was going great and then I see an e-mail from my ex-wife. I haven't seen her in person for probably 2+ years at this point, and hadn't had responded to any communication with her since April or so of last year. The no contact thing has been great.

Maybe a little history would help for anyone unfamiliar with my stories about this. We were together a total of 5 and a half years, only married for about a year and a half before we separated/divorced. In the end of the marriage I was miserable and had endured years of emotional/mental and occasional physical abuse from her. Surprisingly she had broached the subject of divorce, though manipulated me into saying I wanted it, which I did as I saw it as my opportunity to get out of an abusive relationship/marriage. Afterwards we decided to stay "friends" but really the only time's I saw her or dealt with her was for divorce/financial separation stuff/moving things out of the apartment we used to share. She wound up dating again almost immediately and got into a steady relationship with a new guy less than 2 months after our separation. Nothing wrong with that, I just find it interesting how quickly she moved on. Me on the other hand, I waited about 8-9 months.  

I later found out she originally met this guy shortly after we married at a bar and he made it pretty clear he was into her. So, after finding out about that it wasn't surprising she wound up with him. Makes me wonder if there was any cheating going on. Especially since there had been a rumor a few years before then that she had cheated on me with some guy she was friends with and then would frequently accusing me of cheating on her. Anyway, this new guy and her dated for about 4 months and I noticed all the love-bombing between them on Facebook and other social media, how this guy "saved her" and she's never "loved anymore more" etc.  and they got engaged a couple weeks after our divorce was finalized. I remember her sister had offered me a piece of furniture around this time (late October/early November) and my ex and her new guy offered to drop it off at my new apartment I was in at the time. I noticed a weird tension and awkwardness, and after they dropped off the furniture they left. About 15 minutes later I got a text from her explaining that "she felt awkward saying it in person but her and the new guy just got engaged and that it feels so right and it's what she wants." I burst out laughing and just thought to myself, this guy has no idea what he's in for.

After that, every now and then I would see her shit-talking or bashing her husband-to-be all over social media if he "screwed something up" or did something "wrong" and how she gets "treated poorly all the time." I mean maybe the guy is an asshole. I don't know, I only met him a couple times and he seemed pretty nice. I have to say, with the amount of abuse she gave to me, I was lucky that she didn't really post anything public, defaming me or anything like that. Fast forward to the next summer, 2015 and they get married (even after she talked shit about him not 2 days before their nuptials publicly on FB (never mind them trying to invite me, which I think there's a rant about that here somewhere) and she gets knocked up almost immediately. It seemed more and more frequent that she would be saying shitty things about her now husband and playing the victim. Not surprising, but seeing that definitely reaffirmed my suspicions that she had something wrong with her. Even the light suggestion to her of seeking therapy would send her into rages.

A few months after their child was born, late summer last year, I noticed she had a huge, HUGE meltdown all over Facebook and had a very public fight with her husband and she started threatening suicide. It was pretty crazy stuff. Apparently her family stepped in (finally and mostly I assume because of the baby). I'm guessing they blamed it on postpartum depression, however I'd experienced several fights with her like that where her solution to getting her way in an argument was to emotionally blackmail and threaten suicide, or threaten to tell my family what a piece of shit I was because of whatever reason she concocted and she definitely was not postpartum then because we never had children together. After this she deactivated her Facebook page, presumably to delete any evidence of the fight. Maybe so her baby wouldn't be taken away by DCF? Or so that she wouldn't look crazy to other people. But the damage was done. She unfriended everyone except for a few key people and family members apparently. From what I gathered it seemed like she might have finally sought therapy and got medicated.

Fast forward to a couple months ago and she sends me a text asking about symptoms for this vertigo type virus I had years ago while we were together because now she has contracted something similar. I ignored the text and blocked her number. Mainly because I'd been enjoying the no contact as I've moved on with my life and have a wonderful partner now who respects and adores me and treats me as an equal and not like a garbage can. Another reason that text pissed me off was that while I was sick she didn't help me out at all while I was sick and even accused me of faking my symptoms and that I should "man up and not be a pussy." It wasn't under several doctors visits and an ER trip that she realized I wasn't faking it. And it was my neighbor's friend at the time who took me to the ER. A total stranger showed more kindness than her.  

Now, back to the original point of this rant. Last week I get social media requests from her out of nowhere. So I'm like "Nope." and declined and decided it would be best to block her because I don't want the contact. Probably should have done it months ago, but she hadn't really been bugging me, so I figured I wouldn't need to work. Any time she's popped up it just brings back memories of the pain and hurt she caused me for all those years and I don't want anything to do with it. So this past weekend, I'm having a good day and check my e-mail and see one from her. I almost deleted it before reading, but caved to reading it. It was essentially her asking what happened and wanting to know why I blocked her and that she "almost killed herself" last year and was in a much better head space now and that among all the former friends of hers that have blocked her me doing it "hurts the most." I was like wow, first of all this is pretty fucking manipulative, especially with the supposed attempted-suicide thing to make me feel bad enough so I'd talk to her. It's like, Nope sorry, not responding. I never had kids with her and I don't owe her a damn thing. It's up to her how she chooses to react to that. I'm sure ultimately she just wanted to be nosy, but I just don't want to let that drama back into my life. Part of me feels bad, but more of me is like you're making the right choice. 

Anyway, tl;dr: No contact with ex-wife for a long time, she tries adding me on social media and I block her. Guilt-tripping and manipulative e-mail ensues, to which I ignore. 

Happy Monday!

Bug

Bug

Zombie Herder

• Moderators
Learning not to be manipulated can be difficult when we're constantly being told to be kind. Kind didn't mean you have to keep putting up with people that aren't good to be around.

My rant. Tue I was rear ended at a stop light. My bumper did its job and protected the bumper, but part of the console came off. Because there's no exterior damage the insurance company is claiming the accident didn't cause this and wwent pay to get it fixed. I'm furious. Sure it's not a fortune, but consoles don't just drop off.

BitBrit

BitBrit

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationNorth West England
I had a conference a couple of hours away I really wanted to attend for a particular speaker. I was up at 5 am for it and decided to go despite my daughter being ill last night. The speaker didn't make it due to breaking down!

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!