Random Rantings!!

* * * * * 1 rant

backwoodsroamer

backwoodsroamer

The Amiable Roamer

• Members
  • LocationThe Isle of Misfit Toys

Talking about the farm made me think of this. It was sent to me by Mama Glass more than a year ago.

fvq6Iuf.jpg

I believe this is traditionally carved on a tree trunk. Mama Glass chose to etch it in stone..........well, concrete at least. The only problem is this is the cover of the septic tank.  :smiley-confused002:

Glass, ever the gracious host, had taken the opportunity of her brother in law's visit to make him fix her sewer line. No folks, there's no sexual inuendo there. Get your mind out of the gutter.

Glass says "You know it's true love when your initials are where the doo-doo goes." Huh? :srug:

My thoughts are the same as they were when I first saw this. "I'm kind of touched and kind of nauseated at the same time."

Sometimes I wonder what I did in a previous life. I'm sure it was awful to warrant what's happening in this life, but seriously folks, WHY ME? :srug:   

"Kiss your Mother goodnight, and remember that God saves."

kxwjZFU.png

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

I think it's sweet. It's all how you look at it. You could look at it as, despite all the shitty things that happen in life, you two found each other. Or, it's very poetic to find beauty in something ugly. :luvzombismile:

limaro

limaro

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio, US

There's always gonna be shit, but love keeps it under control and keeps it from messing up the rest of the good stuff in life?

This may be the sweetest gift ever.

(Spinning madly to find the right way to word that!)

“That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery.”
― Stephen King, The Stand

limaro

limaro

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio, US

Isn't real truffle oil extremely expensive? Seems like I remember Gordon Ramsay saying most people had never had true truffle oil before.

Truffle oil IS ridiculously expensive.  It's made by infusing olive oil with truffles, not by pressing truffles to get oil from them ( the way you make most oils like olive oil or soy oil.)   Olive oil has a fairly low smoke point and is not great for deep frying.  Plus the infused truffle flavor would dissipate and weaken when the oil is heated.  Long way of agreeing that truffle fries are just regular fries, drizzled with truffle oil.  Very yummy though.

Now if you want a great french fry experience in an oil that will look impressive on the menu and allow you to charge truffle fry prices, do 'em in duck fat.  The smoke point is a bit higher so you can cook the potato hot enough to get a good crisp, and the flavor is fantastic.  Duck fat fries were pretty trendy not too long ago, though. So their moment may have passed, along with kale chips and portabellos.

“That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery.”
― Stephen King, The Stand

backwoodsroamer

backwoodsroamer

The Amiable Roamer

• Members
  • LocationThe Isle of Misfit Toys

I think it's sweet. It's all how you look at it. You could look at it as, despite all the shitty things that happen in life, you two found each other. Or, it's very poetic to find beauty in something ugly. :luvzombismile:

There's always gonna be shit, but love keeps it under control and keeps it from messing up the rest of the good stuff in life?

This may be the sweetest gift ever.

(Spinning madly to find the right way to word that!)

Thank you Serenity and Limaro. I am able to look at it in a much different way now. You both truly are a representation of the "better angels" of our nature.  :zombiethumbsup:  :luvzombismile:

"Kiss your Mother goodnight, and remember that God saves."

kxwjZFU.png

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
Once again i'm going to go on about road rage. Seriously when you see a sign that says RIGHT LANE CLOSE 2 MILES AHEAD. Don't stay in the lane until you come up to the construction site and want to get over.

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

Soooo...my son got to come home early today because there was an escaped convict with a hammer trying to get in the school. Who still hasn't been caught, by the way. Nice.

Jon is fine, dammit.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Soooo...my son got to come home early today because there was an escaped convict with a hammer trying to get in the school. Who still hasn't been caught, by the way. Nice.

Ugh. That's fucked. Up in VT there's been some a recent release of a rapist who just served like 20 years in jail and refused to rehab and I think was planning on living on the streets. And then I just heard about some case where a womans rapist was just acquitted from trial up here. Shits fucked dude. Makes me hate humanity. 

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket

Once again i'm going to go on about road rage. Seriously when you see a sign that says RIGHT LANE CLOSE 2 MILES AHEAD. Don't stay in the lane until you come up to the construction site and want to get over.

When such opportunities arise and there are 2 lanes, I straddle them so the assholes who try to skip ahead can't get around me.  Yes, I know I'll be shot one day but it'll be worth it.

And yes UGH to both kid and BBL.  Here in lovely TX 9 bikers killed each other and managed to keep it amongst themselves.  Kudos to violent but considerate manslaughterers.

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket

Today's rant:

Vehicles that won't start. BWR has an ignition problem on his truck so we can't take our mountain of recycling away.  The grass is extremely high, so much so that he had to rescue a WATER MOCASSIN from the dog yard a few days ago.  Got tractor back 2 days ago.  It started.  Johnny mowed some and then stopped.  He left a tie strap (ratcheting one) and now it's wrapped all around the axle.  BWR is trying to fix the battery terminals to see if that helps.  I have roofing tar all over me.  Pics to follow from him.  He can quote this to show he and said snakey snake that shoulda been killed. :mad:   It's finally not raining and all we gots is shit that won't function.  I am in a very pissy mood.  It's a whiskey night for sure. 

Rant over, for now.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
I wish every good show you could just binge watch then guess what i would be pissed i have to wait another 6-8 months for it to come back ......but right now i have to wait week to week. Damnit you cannot make me happy!!

Ryan_Dead

Ryan_Dead

Biter

• Members
Is it really that difficult to say 'Good Morning' or 'Hello' back to me when I'm serving you at the checkout? I'm being polite and packing all your shit up and your making it all awkward lol.

Working in retail has opened my eyes up to how rude and moody people can be. I need to find my vocation fast.

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket

Is it really that difficult to say 'Good Morning' or 'Hello' back to me when I'm serving you at the checkout? I'm being polite and packing all your shit up and your making it all awkward lol.

Working in retail has opened my eyes up to how rude and moody people can be. I need to find my vocation fast.

I have been a waitress, restaurant manager, barkeeper, etc. Move up to barkeeper and then cut them off when they are assholes.  It is liberating.  If you can work retail, you can move into food service.  I now work for myself selling avionics.  Life takes weird turns at times.  Mine has turned many.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

I actually try to make small talk if they say hi, how are you. I'll say Hi back and good ( no matter how awful my day is, negative vibes are a killer) they normally say okay. I just try and do something other than be akward.

lurkerlite

lurkerlite

Infected

• Members
I've been in customer service, and now that I'm out, I try my hardest to always make eye contact, use their name if they give it, and offer a heartfelt thanks at the end. We all have our off days where even that much interaction is just too much to give, but acknowledging the person behind the name tag goes so, so far.

Ryan_Dead

Ryan_Dead

Biter

• Members
The majority of customers I deal with are polite. But you get that small few who will snatch the shopping bags out your hand and powerwalk away without saying thanks. Those are the ones I kinda wanna throw my shoe at or something lol

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket

Most of my fair state has been declared a disaster zone:

Pics from WFAA outta DFW:

http://www.wfaa.com/...-rain/27877665/

It is getting nasty here.  I wish Noah were alive to help us build that ark. We soon will need it. :(

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

Most of my fair state has been declared a disaster zone:

Pics from WFAA outta DFW:

http://www.wfaa.com/...-rain/27877665/

It is getting nasty here. I wish Noah were alive to help us build that ark. We soon will need it. :(

I think it was meant for California. Someone messed up that memo.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

The majority of customers I deal with are polite. But you get that small few who will snatch the shopping bags out your hand and powerwalk away without saying thanks. Those are the ones I kinda wanna throw my shoe at or something lol

Most of the time when i go to the store i hurry. I just dislike people. I don't hate everyone but honestly the town i shop in they are those legit ones you see with the memes with 4 rather large people on those karts in a traffic jam ( i'm not trying to be offensive or rude but it happens a lot)... Most of the time they are just in the way and beyond rude i actually waited once for someone to move, they didn't so i decided to get a few other things and go back...THEY WERE STILL THERE!! It must have been 10 minutes from one side of the store to the other...one of them said " i think we're in the way" the oyher replied with "they can fucking wait i'm busy." So for one of the few times in my life i turned into a total asshat and was beyond rude and said some things i shouldn't have got my stuff amd left.

Ok...i went off my original story.....anyways I like to hurry get stuff and leave. The store i go to we have a few cashiers actually rather pretty but they are super fast at their job. I hate going to them everytime because 1) i don't want to feel like a creeper and 2) i just never know what to say. So i have to sometimes go to the other registers because i don't want someone hitting me with a creeper stalker paper or some bs. Lol.

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket

Poulan products.  We spent $200 on what used to be a well rated chainsaw brand.  They've been bought out by Husquavarna or "Husky" as they're routinely called.  He chopped up some smaller branches off a tree that split in a storm and here is what a half hours use on a new saw became.  He could have been maimed easily by the flying chain.  We've since returned the saw.

gWbXzHw.jpg?1

Our advice, spend the money on a Husky.  

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Not really a rant, but definitely a senior moment, so I thought I'd share. I was watching TV and the phone rang, so I picked it up and said, "Hello". When I didn't hear anything, I looked down and realized that I had answered the TV remote. Our phone has a "Talk" button that you push to answer the phone. I had clicked "OK" on the TV remote to answer it. Haha!

Maybe you had to be there, but when I finally answered the phone, I was laughing my ass off.

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket

nope.  I am laughing my ass off.  I have done the same or similar.  :zombiethumbsup:

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

I'm starting to think I got stoned without my knowledge. haha

You know when you're stoned and a certain word sounds funny, so you keep repeating it over and over. Well, I used the word answer so many times in the last post that it started looking really weird. I even spelled it wrong after typing it about 15 times.

Don't mind me..... :blush2:

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
Things have been going good but like always a little bad comes with it.

So. I got a decent job i make decent money. However i lived in income based apts at the time. when i waslaid off i only had to pay $100 a month until i got a new job. Well in the middle...i mean literally the middle of May i got this job and i turned in all the required paper work. Now my rent isn't suppose to go up until the following month ( july) however they hit me with it early and i was going to get one pay check ( paid every other week) and rent is due on the 5th each month.

So. After i did the math i noticed i wouldn't have enough to cover the rent and they really didn't wanna budge about it. So i said eff it...i currently just moved back in with my parents until i can get some money saved back up to get a place. ( or i could get evicted and be in the same spot. I just wouldn't be able to get an apt for like a yr.) The problem is. I hate being 30 and having to fall back on that. I feel ashamed for it. People at work say they know more people moving back in with their parents and they have families they take with them. Now with me i try not to judge. I worked with a korean woman and i was friends with her son in law and in some asian cultures the families i guess pretty much live together and that's that.

Now if you're around my age and older and live with your folks i'm not mocking you or slamming you. Some parents like kids lving at home and the kids don't mind it. It's just the way my dad brough us up. When your an adult take care of yourself blah blah. He and my mom know though. If i get evicted and i go back to court it could make me look awful so they bent the rules, the truth is they probably just wanted to see my kid more often. Lol

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket

Blah blah blah is right on.  Life is about survival and helping other worthy beings do so.  Society here is "own a house, have 2.5 kids ,  be married for life".  Fuck all that.  Life is about living. Life in the U.S. is about surviving so as to live, at least in the not so great state of TX.

I hope you get to see Gabby more often. Hugs.   

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!