Orphan Black - New Bbc Series

- - - - - Clones TV Series BBC Orphan Black

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members
  • LocationHanging out with Morgan
I love new science fiction series on BBC called Orphan Black. It's about a woman who finds out that she is one of several clones. Though she would rather run away with her family (her brother and child), she finds herself compelled to find out what happened.

One of the things that I really like about the show is that characters die, but we don't lose the actors. Have you seen it? If so, what do you like about it?

tumblr_mdsrpoSv1L1rczlwwo2_250.gif "I never stopped having my shit together." ~Michonne

Check out my blog

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket
When did it start? Sounds interesting but I can't wade into a show midstream. I'm a freak who must watch the whole season. Obviously, I have no opinion of it but will if I can catch up from its beginning.

backwoodsroamer

backwoodsroamer

The Amiable Roamer

• Members
  • LocationThe Isle of Misfit Toys
I saw an episode Saturday and loved it. Very well scripted and it was fascinating to see the spin put on the different characters played by the same actress.

I put it down on my list of thousands of hours of television I'd love to watch before I die but probably never will. Orphan Black, Being Human, Sherlock, Whitechapel, Grimm, and the list goes on forever. I'm seasons behind on Dr.Who and Supernatural and never started Game of Thrones.

To complicate matters, I appear to have fallen in with this bunch of goobers on the internet who have proven to be rather amusing but also somewhat.............distracting. :mellow:

"Kiss your Mother goodnight, and remember that God saves."

kxwjZFU.png

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members

When did it start? Sounds interesting but I can't wade into a show midstream. I'm a freak who must watch the whole season. Obviously, I have no opinion of it but will if I can catch up from its beginning.

It started March 30, the night before TWD S3 finale. Episode 4 aired this past Saturday. I, too, like to watch from the beginning and just found out about it last week, so I caught up on Xfinity On Demand.

tumblr_mdsrpoSv1L1rczlwwo2_250.gif "I never stopped having my shit together." ~Michonne

Check out my blog

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators
Oh thanks Daybreak.

I will check it out on Xfinity. Your recommendation is enough for me.

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket

It started March 30, the night before TWD S3 finale. Episode 4 aired this past Saturday. I, too, like to watch from the beginning and just found out about it last week, so I caught up on Xfinity On Demand.

Thank you! I am having withdrawals so I need a new fix. And, like S@S, I trust your judgement. Also, I will begrudgingly say that I trust BWR's as well.

ETA: It's nice to see you down here in the Romper Room/Peanut Gallery. I worried that you'd disappear over the hiatus. Glad that's not the case.

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members
Thanks, Serenity & Glass.

Glass - As for disappearing over the break, it never entered my mind. I didn't join R&L until the summer break last year. I just didn't realize until I read one of Stick's posts that you guys were in The Dead Room; hence, my delayed arrival. I am slowly getting caught up though.

BWR - I have actually never seen Dr. Who, but plan to rectify that over TWD's summer hiatus.

Check out my blog

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket
Never seen Dr. Who? That's almost as egregious of an omission as your lack of a pic on the "what do you look like" thread. Let's see ya on there. We finally got to see Judari and Sticky. Now it's your turn, lady! ;)

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • LocationCarol's hand
Haha yes we all didn't die :P.

God it took forever to get a pic of me up there. Haha. You can thank serenity for suggesting dead room to me and Glass :P

Aghh

Aghh

Infected

• Members
Orphan Black is excellent. You can still get it I beliece from BBC America On Demand on cable. The plot is engaging. The leading actress does a great job. She plays multiple characters and makes each one distinctive and believable. It is interesting to watch one of her characters impersonate another; she does such a masterful job on a fascinating acting challenge. The show is scheduled for a 2nd season next year.

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members

10 Things We Learned in the ‘Orphan Black’ Comic-Con Panel

By Kevin Wicks | Posted on July 20th, 2013

Tatiana Maslany at the ‘Orphan Black’ panel at San Diego Comic-Con (Photo: Dave Gustav Anderson)

Orphan Black‘s passionate fanbase turned out for the clone thriller’s very first Comic-Con panel. The audience roared when lead actress Tatiana Maslany(portrayer of seven different characters, who happen to be clones), co-starsDylan Bruce (Paul) and Jordan Gavaris (Felix), and co-creators Graeme Manson and John Fawcett emerged from the green room for 45 minutes of revelations and one-liners.

Here were the major takeaways from this event:

Season 2 will premiere April 2014.
Fans antsy for a resolution to this spring’s cliffhanger will have to wait nine more months. The creators revealed that April 2014 is the BBC AMERICA premiere date for the show’s sophomore season.

Graeme and John are writing Season 2 right now.
Fawcett said, “We’re in the midst of writing, and we have had the writers back together for a couple months now. It’s been busy busy, let me tell you. We finished the season 1 finale a week and a half before it aired, then I had a week off. And then Graeme and I went to his parents’ cabin in British Columbia, and we hung out there for a week. And all we did was talk Season 2, and we came back with a whole lot of things worked out that we’re really excited about.

“And we are back prepping August 12 to September 23, and we’re going to shoot Episodes 1 and 2 kind of like what we did last year. I shot Episodes 1 and 2 [of Season 1] together. We’re gonna do that again.”

Graeme Manson and John Fawcett. (Photo: Dave Gustav Anderson)

In Season 2, the series may tackle the Supreme Court ruling against the patenting of human genes.
The issues Orphan Black raises around ownership of human genes are quite timely: the Supreme Court handed down a landmark decision against patenting human DNA. Graeme Manson says the series will address this ruling “thematically, definitely. That decision was really crazy coming on the heels [of the series]. The synthetic aspect leaves it open to interpretation of “What is synthetic?” We are going to be looking at the issue of the patents and how much legal space there is around that. I find it thematically interesting and quite ominous as well. It’s always cool when you hit some kind of zeitgeist, when the world is reflected in your show.”

Playing clones is tough.
Imagine that Meryl Streep played Sophie, Karen Silkwood, A Cry in the Dark‘s Lindy Chamberlain, Miranda Priestly, Doubt‘s Sister Aloysius, Julia Child, and Margaret Thatcher — all in the same movie, and then had to play each of the characters pretending to be each other. That’s an approximation of what Maslany pulls off in Orphan, and she makes it look tremendously easy. But it most certainly is not.

“I went into hiding after we finished shooting, because I was exhausted,” Maslany told us. However, she added that she found the experience “exhilarating” and that she was “running on adrenaline the whole time.”

There may be more clones on the way.
If Maslany’s workload was already strenuous enough, it may get even heftier in the season to come. “We love our wacky little clone show,” says Fawcett, “and we love our clones. I don’t think anyone would be surprised if we unveiled a couple new clones in Season 2.”

Don’t expect any Beth or Katja backstory just yet.
Speaking of more clones, we were barely acquainted with Beth the tormented police officer or German-born Katja when both were offed in the most gruesome of ways. (Beth by jumping under a speeding train and Katja by a well-placed bullet in the head.) Who were these women? Well, we shouldn’t anticipate satisfaction on these points just yet.

“The show has a pace that charges forward,” Manson said. “We couldn’t really find a way to flashback in season two and keep the pace up and keep this relentless following of Sarah’s journey. We’re gonna try to do it somehow, we’re going to try and get back there. We’d love to do that pre story. It could be in Season 3 or Season 5.”

“There has been discussion of the Beth episode,” Fawcett chimed in, “but I don’t think you’re going to see it in Season 2.”

Cosima’s respiratory illness will be addressed.
Fans were alarmed when Cosima, a fan favorite, was seen coughing up blood in the season’s final episodes. (Katja the German had been suffering from a similar affliction.) Is sickness an inevitability for the other clones, and what will be Cosima’s fate?

“She now has to look at her own science, and I think that’s going to be really interesting. When she looks at her own science, she looks at the health of all her sisters too. I think she’s a super-brave character. The truth is, it’s still up in the air. We don’t know what will happen to Cosima.” That last remark elicited a impassioned cry from the audience.

Jordan Gavaris (Photo: Dave Gustav Anderson)

Jordan Gavaris can really sing.
After much goading from his castmates, Jordan reluctantly broke into song, providing a soulful rendition of Taylor Swift‘s “Sparks Fly.” Much of the audience immediately raised their phones in the air to record the performance, so be on the lookout on YouTube.

Oh, and you will want to hear Jordan, just hours earlier, singing Taylor’s “We Are Never Getting Back Together” at Nerd HQ with Tatiana on beatbox (is there anything this woman cannot master)?

Dylan Bruce Googled photos of his rear end.
When asked about the moment he realized the show had become a phenomenon, the hunky Mr. Bruce replied, “I googled ‘Paul’s rear end,’ and a picture of a bunch of rear ends showed up — that belonged to me. It was a very poignant moment. I called my mom and said, ‘Mom, I made it. My rear end’s on the Internet.’ And she said, ‘Son, I’m proud of you.’” (Viewers were introduced to Dylan’s gluteal splendor during a sex scene between his character Paul and Sarah — posing as Beth — in the premiere episode.)

Dylan Bruce (Photo: Dave Gustav Anderson)

Tatiana has a list of accents she wants to try.
Maslany, who is Canadian, seems utterly fearless (and Streep-like) in her mastery of varied accents, from Ukrainian (Helena) to British (Sarah) to German (Katja). But there are a few that frighten her. “Jordan can do an amazing Scottish,” she said. “But that would be a terrifying one. Scottish or Irish. There’s a lot of European dialects I an really interested in. American dialects, too. New York would be amazing, Boston would be incredible. Wicked. I don’t know, it’s endless. I’m up for whatever.”

Here is the full article.

Check out my blog

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members
BBC is about to rerun it in an encore performance beginning Saturday, September 14th at 10/9c.

Check out my blog

DukeSilver

DukeSilver

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationWinterfell
I started watching this the other day. I'm about 3 episodes in, and I'm already hooked. Tatiana Maslany is incredible!

3VHWYjA.gif

DukeSilver

DukeSilver

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationWinterfell
I finished all 10 episodes and I legitimately felt sad about it, so I decided to watch them all again! This may be one of my new favorite shows; I cannot get over how good it is. Tatiana Maslany deserves all the awards because there are still times when I forget that all of the clones are played by the same person. I think Cosima is my favorite, but I also really love Allison and Sarah. Helena was just a mess, but I was sad for her. And of course I can't forget Felix!

3VHWYjA.gif

DaneBramage

DaneBramage

Biter

• Members
  • Location16 National Championships NCAA Div I Football
It is a fantastic series and can only get better 'cause you know there's more clones out there...

And the way the guy plays Felix- dead ringer for Frank in Rocky Horror.

"(When/If) You come at the King, you best not miss"- Omar Little

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members
The season 2 premiere is April 19, 2014!

Source

Check out my blog

DukeSilver

DukeSilver

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationWinterfell

The season 2 premiere is April 19, 2014!

Source

Thanks, d2! I am desperate for new episodes of this show, even a real trailer or something. I've been harassing my friends constantly in an attempt to get them to watch. Can't wait for the new season!

3VHWYjA.gif

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members

According to TVGuide MegaBuzz:

Jan 28, 2014 06:26 PM

Orphan Black is coming back!!! Scoop me, please. — Jennie 
Worried about Cosima? You should be, and not just about her health. "That Cosima-and-Delphine relationship is as complex as ever," executive producer Graeme Manson tells me. "It stays romantic and stays scientific, but there's a lot of gamesmanship going on." Look for Cosima to get closer to the Dyad Institute in her quest to stay alive.

Check out my blog

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members

More Orphan Black spoilers from TV Guide:

Orphan Black: Cosima's Mortality, Felix's Independence and More Season 2 Scoop

Jan 11, 2014 08:16 PM ET

by Hanh Nguyen

140111orphan-black1_300x206.jpg

Let the Clone Club rejoice!

Orphan Black returns for Season 2 on BBC America in April to continue the story of Sarah (Tatiana Maslany) and her various clone siblings (also Maslany). "We are going to take some risks in our premise in the second season, and push [it], technically," co-creator Graeme Manson said Saturday at the Television Critics Association winter TV previews.

When we last left Sarah, she was horrified to find her daughter Kira (Skyler Wexler) missing, apparently kidnapped. The series returns with her search to reclaim her child. Check out seven things to expect from Orphan Black Season 2:

1. New villains

2. Kira is leverage

3. Cosima faces her mortality

4. Sibling strife

5. Someone scarier than Rachel?

6. Paul's divided loyalties

7. Alison the time bomb

Check out the link above for details on the seven spoilers!

Check out my blog

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members

Just found a new trailer:

Check out my blog

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members

One more day until the season 2 premiere!

Check out my blog

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

Here's something for you, d2d (and the other fans)

An AMA with the creators:

http://www.reddit.co...he_creators_of/

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

There is currently a marathon running on the BBC now.

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members

Yeah, I watched the first run earlier today.

Check out my blog

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members

Tatiana Maslany Wins Critics' Choice Award, Orphan Black Star Named Best Actress In Drama Series

For the second straight year, Canada's Tatiana Maslany has taken home the Critics' Choice Award for Best Actress in a Drama series.

Source

Check out my blog

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!