Killing Off Rick

- - - - - Abraham Rick Death season 4 tv series amc

rdye18263

rdye18263

Infected

• Members
  • LocationAlaska
"We've been saying that no one is safe on this show, and I wouldn't rule out seeing the death of Rick Grimes at almost any point," - Kirkman

How would you feel if they killed off Rick? Is there any way they could do this successfully?

Edocil

Edocil

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationGreendale
Unless Daryl dies first, they better not kill rick.

Penya

Penya

Infected

• Members
I would continue to watch, as long as it was done well and not just for shock factor.
And as long as there was a strong cast to hold the show (Daryl, Michonne, Hershel) because without them, I really don't think the show would do well without Rick.
Rick: We're eating the man's food now?
Michonne: The mat said 'Welcome'

**PHAGE**

**PHAGE**

Infected

• Members
  • LocationThe River Styx
Considering the characters that are available and where they're at I don't see how they could kill off Rick at the moment and improve or even maintain the level of storytelling on the show. I don't see any character who is capable of being a full-time leader. IMO, in order to replace Rick some character development would be required for one of the pre-existing characters, possibly Michonne or Daryl. Michonne at the moment has too many trust issues deterring her from being an effective leader. A new character could be introduced but they would have to earn the trust of the group. Maybe that could be a story line, an internal struggle within the group for control following Rick's untimely death ?

The best possibility I can see is Carl. If the show lasts long enough for the character to be developed and prepared to become a leader he would be my choice. He has the advantage of not being overly exposed to the conventions of the pre-ZA world, unlike Dale. Dale and now Hershel are a necessary link to the "Old World" but sometimes moral actions from the past are no longer moral in TWD. Carl's shooting of the Woodburian kid was the moral choice under the circumstances. The kid was trying to trick him into grabbing that shotgun barrel, Carl read the situation correctly, and IMO Hershel was way off. The danger for Carl is that he becomes a complete product of the "New World". Thankfully for the time being he has Hershel, Carol and his father to provide balance in order for him to become an effective leader. Carl is the new way !

Rick's Hat

Rick's Hat

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationOver here going through your stuff
AH! I'd be majorly pissed if Rick ever gets killed off.

The show moves at such a snails pace, if we have to wait until Carl grows up to take over, I'll probably be dead before that happens.

Crazy has come to town for a visit!!

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis
There's already a thread here about this. You can pick up the discussion there. :zombiethumbsup:

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!