Random Rantings!!

* * * * * 1 rant

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
Temp jobs are the only thing around my area...( except for fast food) it's funny though because when a warehouse that is going to have open interviews and the job pays like 13 or 15 an hour all of a suddan thousands of people (some who I know don't like to work) apply. It irks me that nobody around here wants a job, well unless iit's high paying.

You'll find something i'm sure. However good luck. Hope everything turns up ok.

Xtracate

Xtracate

Lurker

• Members

OMG it snowed again today, make it stop!   If there is ever a ZA and cold does slow them down everyone should move here.   I hate the cold, I want summer I'd even settle for spring :sad:

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

That sucks! Where do you live?

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

So here's a random rant and for 99.9% of you, this is new information, but I'm getting a divorce. My soon-to-be-ex wife and I found out yesterday that there is apparently a mandatory six month separation period, which is law by the State of VT before we can even file. We reached the decision 3 weeks ago and she's finally moving out this weekend, but the 6 month period doesn't begin on the date of our decision, it begins on the move out date. So we've gotta wait until November and then once filed theres another waiting period of 3 months before everything is finalized, so that shit won't be until like February of next year. Ugh. It's been weird but also strangely amicable...like we're friendly. I guess we just weren't compatible in the end and unfortunately it took us 6 years to realize it. On the bright side though, we never had kids and don't have any major assets, save for some retirement funds of mine, which I don't even have to lose half of and isn't a super ton of money anyway, which is nice. I mean... it sucks, but in the end we'll both be happier apart than together.

Xtracate

Xtracate

Lurker

• Members

That sucks! Where do you live?

Upper Peninsula of Michigan, where this winter we had an average temperature of 7.2 Fahrenheit and were one of the weather channel's top two US spots for worst winter of the year, yeah us! I miss California. 

Steph

Steph

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

So here's a random rant and for 99.9% of you, this is new information, but I'm getting a divorce. My soon-to-be-ex wife and I found out yesterday that there is apparently a mandatory six month separation period, which is law by the State of VT before we can even file. We reached the decision 3 weeks ago and she's finally moving out this weekend, but the 6 month period doesn't begin on the date of our decision, it begins on the move out date. So we've gotta wait until November and then once filed theres another waiting period of 3 months before everything is finalized, so that shit won't be until like February of next year. Ugh. It's been weird but also strangely amicable...like we're friendly. I guess we just weren't compatible in the end and unfortunately it took us 6 years to realize it. On the bright side though, we never had kids and don't have any major assets, save for some retirement funds of mine, which I don't even have to lose half of and isn't a super ton of money anyway, which is nice. I mean... it sucks, but in the end we'll both be happier apart than together.

Wow, I am so sorry! Even if it's amicable, it's still not a fun time and a huge life change. I know the divorce laws in VT, not from personal experience but from friends. I think it's set up like that to give couples an easier shot at working things out if they decide to reconcile. 

Upper Peninsula of Michigan, where this winter we had an average temperature of 7.2 Fahrenheit and were one of the weather channel's top two US spots for worst winter of the year, yeah us! I miss California. 

I'm in Canada, this past winter was just brutal. Our temps were around there too, with a ton of snow. Plus that ice storm around Xmas hit my area the hardest, my town is still cleaning up from it if you can believe that.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Wow, I am so sorry! Even if it's amicable, it's still not a fun time and a huge life change. I know the divorce laws in VT, not from personal experience but from friends. I think it's set up like that to give couples an easier shot at working things out if they decide to reconcile. 

Thanks Steph. Yeah, that's the impression that I was getting from reading stuff about it. Apparently VT is in the top 5 worst states to get divorced in haha. Who knew? Especially since you know we were the first to abolish slavery, first for civil unions and now first for mandatory GMO labeling. So progressive in some ways, but not so in others? But yeah, definitely a big change and definitely no going back. I get to keep the cats for now though, so at least I'll have company in the form of a butt and tail in my face every morning. Hahaha.

Steph

Steph

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

Don't forget how cats like to puke on the carpet, even if the tile is two inches away from them. 

And yeah, I always thought the six month trial separation thing was crappy. Usually when a couple is done, they both know it. And let's not forget that a lot of divorces are the result of one being unfaithful, or abusive, etc. So then you've got one of the party literally trapped with the other person, which isn't fair to them. 

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

From what we've talked about, I think you guys are handling it in a really mature and understanding way. I'd imagine that extra long wait has to be stressful when you both want a clean break, but if there is a silver lining to the situation, it's that you're both dealing with it civilly. It took my brother's now wife almost three years to get her divorce finalized, not because of a long waiting period (apparently it's like 60-90 days after filing here) but because her husband was super bitter and strung everything out as long as he could. It ended up bankrupting them both in the end and there was (still is, truthfully) a really nasty custody battle. Anyway, you know I'm here for you and hang in there, internet brother from another mother!

Jon is fine, dammit.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Don't forget how cats like to puke on the carpet, even if the tile is two inches away from them. 

And yeah, I always thought the six month trial separation thing was crappy. Usually when a couple is done, they both know it. And let's not forget that a lot of divorces are the result of one being unfaithful, or abusive, etc. So then you've got one of the party literally trapped with the other person, which isn't fair to them. 

Haha yes... yes they totally do. It's like why cat? It's so much easier to clean up when it's on a hard surface. Ugh. As far as the 6 month waiting period + a 3 month "nisi" period for finalizing the divorce after filing, I guess it is what it is. I'm thankful that cheating/abuse wasn't involved or children either. I'm also super glad now that my old condo sold before all this haha.

From what we've talked about, I think you guys are handling it in a really mature and understanding way. I'd imagine that extra long wait has to be stressful when you both want a clean break, but if there is a silver lining to the situation, it's that you're both dealing with it civilly. It took my brother's now wife almost three years to get her divorce finalized, not because of a long waiting period (apparently it's like 60-90 days after filing here) but because her husband was super bitter and strung everything out as long as he could. It ended up bankrupting them both in the end and there was (still is, truthfully) a really nasty custody battle. Anyway, you know I'm here for you and hang in there, internet brother from another mother!

Thanks again, Kid, for being there for me to listen to me type about my feels. Haha. I'm honestly doing a lot better now and once this is all over things will be much better. That sucks about your sister in law. Some people are just awful individuals. I hope that custody battle goes in her favor. I know my brother will be having custody battles with his ex-wife until my niece is 18, which is still another 12 years away, but luckily at this point he finally got 50% custody. Suck it bitchface! (my brothers ex haha)

D_Piece

D_Piece

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn your pantry being fat

Darn, I'm sorry Bbl. My mother has told me a myriad of horror stories from her first marriage and subsequent divorce. It sounds like you're both handling it with tact and maturity. Not sure how meaningful my advice would be, but i'm always her if you want to chat.

Spoiler

"Are you a human being? Then you are beautiful."

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Thanks, Cat Brother.

BitBrit

BitBrit

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationNorth West England
Sorry to hear your news BBL, but glad things are amicable. Also 'well done' I guess for admitting things aren't right rather than staying in an unhappy relationship.

I shan't put my rant on now, its rather insignificant in the scheme of things.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Thanks, Brit. It was a hard thing to decide, but honestly it's the best decision I've made in a long time. I'll let you have the floor though, no need to monopolize! lol

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

I'm so sorry as well, BBL. Divorce is never easy, but as the others have said, it seems like you are handling it very maturely.

More {{{{Hugs}}} are coming your way.

BitBrit

BitBrit

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationNorth West England
Oh okay then...
Manchester have decided to renovate the bus station at the same time as the tram station. So now twice as likely to be late and i have to walk further to the bus which cost twice as much coz a different provider....
...told you it was insignificant!

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
Thanks Serenity :)

And Brit, I and sympathize sorta. It seems like spring/summer is road construction season in VT so there's always waiting around an it'll be back this year because the winter absolutely destroyed roads. It also seems like any time I move to a new place there's some huge construction project or road maintenance thing going on haha

lone star walker

lone star walker

Biter

• Members
  • Locationroaming the prairie
I'm sorry to hear about your situation, BBL. You do seem to have the ability to focus on the future in a positive manner. That will serve you well. I'm sure there will still be ups and downs, but you can handle them. I'm older than most of y'all and went through a divorce years ago. It was an agreed upon split between the two of us and we even shared the same lawyer. (We had already worked out a property split together and no kids.) Of course, Texas doesn't have that wait time thing, so divorces move a little faster. But any major life change like that is still stressful.

I wish you the best and here is a HUG (like from an older aunt!)

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Thanks, Lone Star!

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

This isn't really a rant, although it is annoying. Can anyone explain to me why I can't get any articles by NBC to work? I check MSN every morning to catch up with world randomness, and for the last couple of weeks whenever I click on a link to an NBC story, it goes to this:

Spoiler

Jon is fine, dammit.

D_Piece

D_Piece

Biter

• Members

It's probably the IE icon's fault. Bad luck to have that shit anywhere near you.

Ansceniiiic

Ansceniiiic

Zombie Herder

• Members

This isn't really a rant, although it is annoying. Can anyone explain to me why I can't get any articles by NBC to work? I check MSN every morning to catch up with world randomness, and for the last couple of weeks whenever I click on a link to an NBC story, it goes to this:

I did a bit of Googling, and apparently a lot of people have been experiencing the same issues you have. The reason for that being NBC updated their website layout last month, so that could be why the website is messed up for you. My only suggestion would be to clear your browser cache as it's storing old website data. Hopefully that will work for you, love. 

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

It's probably the IE icon's fault. Bad luck to have that shit anywhere near you.

True Facts.

Steph

Steph

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

Fuck you, thyroid, fuck you. That's all I gotta say about today. :(

D_Piece

D_Piece

Biter

• Members

Hyper or Hypo?

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!