theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
Haha uggghh!

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

Oh man lol

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

haha!

OMEN

OMEN

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationBack in Gods Country - TEXAS
What's up peeps just wanted to drop by and say what's up. Been working like a madman. And getting acclimated to life back in Texas.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
Hey Omen how was the move?

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Haha!

OMEN

OMEN

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationBack in Gods Country - TEXAS

Hey Omen how was the move?

Not bad I really didn't deal with much of it. But all went off with out any issues. Still have tons of stuff in boxes

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

I thought some of you guys and gals might like this. A five foot tall, 100 pound woman becomes the first female to ever get to the finals in Ninja Warrior

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

DeadCave

DeadCave

Resident Scribe

• *Members*
  • LocationUtah

5b38d9091af96d0d76ba02db16fd3969.jpg

69% of the people find something dirty in everything they read.  http://http://www.gofundme.com/c66cv4

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

I know not all of your are into punk type music, but I thought I'd do a little shameless self promotion as my new band is playing our first show tomorrow night. We'll be recording a demo next month. If you have a tumblr you can follow our shenanigans here: doomservice.tumblr.com or on Facebook which for some reason won't let us use a custom name on the page. Whatever. Party on! headbang.gif

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket

Welcome home, OMEN. If you happen to be anywhere near Corsicana or FW, I'll buy ya a beer depending on where I am at the time.

I "liked" your page on FB, BBL.  45 people showing up is a pretty good turn out for a new band's gig.  Good job!

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Thanks, MamaGlass! Yeah 45 people didn't actually show up.. maybe 20 that weren't in bands haha. Still pretty decent turnout for that particular venue where none of the bands are well known and there was also another show happening across town, which I think if that show didn't happen we would have had a better turnout. We actually got a pretty cool review from this local blogger guy. The best thing he said was "The sound and structure of many of the songs sounded like they would be at home on the soundtrack to Mallrats." Which we thought was pretty rad.

We're playing in a library next month which should be pretty hilarious.

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket

That'll be fun.  Mr. Glass played a gig at a Neiman Marcus store (Jr's dept) in 1982 or 4.  It actually had a good turnout by all accounts.  I was 10 or 12 at the time so I have no idea.  I think that was in Tyler, TX.  He was wearing shiny pants and I still rib him to this day, asking if he filched the spandex outta the Jr Misses section.  I hope that you get more good turnouts and reviews.  20 isn't bad for any band, much less a new one!

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Well our second show looks like it's actually maybe going to be playing with The Offspring, Bad Religion, Pennywise and The Vandals on a local stage. jawdrop.gif It's not 100% confirmed yet so I'm not holding my breath. But holy crap. 

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

Well our second show looks like it's actually maybe going to be playing with The Offspring, Bad Religion, Pennywise and The Vandals on a local stage. jawdrop.gif It's not 100% confirmed yet so I'm not holding my breath. But holy crap. 

Dude, I'm straight up freaking out for you right now. Holy shit!

Jon is fine, dammit.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Yeah I hope it happens! haha. If not, I'll still be at the show.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Wow, congrats BBL! That's huge! 

I also wanted to post something here

Spoiler

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

Wow, congrats BBL! That's huge! 

I also wanted to post something here

Spoiler

Where's your signature quote from? It's got that "I think I've heard this before but I'm probably just making that up in my mind" vibe, haha.

Jon is fine, dammit.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
Welp luck isn't on my side today I guess, another local band of younger kids were awarded the opportunity to play so good for them I bet they're stoked. Now I gotta cough up $45 for a ticket lol. Which is actually really reasonable.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Sorry to hear that, BBL. I think the fact that your band was considered is a very good sign. Especially for a new band. I'm sure your band will have other opportunities. It sounds like you guys are going places. devils-horn-smiley-emoticon.gif

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Yeah we'll have plenty of other opportunities I'm sure! haha.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Where's your signature quote from? It's got that "I think I've heard this before but I'm probably just making that up in my mind" vibe, haha.

Probably just making it up in your mind. It's from a fan-made Ace Attorney comic that deliberately hyperbolizes the assholish-ness of a character in the series. I'll post it anyway even though it won't make sense (unless you ever plan on playing Ace Attorney. Then, major spoilers follow)

http://imgur.com/a/8QVtO

(Specific strip)

Spoiler

Edit: Also, sorry BBL. Don't forget there will definitely be other opportunities, though

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

Is that a Hiimdaisy comic? I love her Metal Gear Solid one.

"There's no "I" in team" 

"Yeah, there's no "U" either. So I guess if I'm not on the team, and you're not on the team, nobody's on the God damn team. The team sucks!"

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!