Car Accident Equals I'm A Millionaire?

- - - - - Rant

GirlsDeadMonster

GirlsDeadMonster

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNorfolk, VA
I'm sorry I just have to rant about how people seem to think that if they get into a car accident they are going to become millionaires. Obviously the party at fault should compensate for your medical bills, time out of work, things of that nature. But unless the accident was malicious in intent how is there pain and suffering. This can fall under frivolous lawsuits I guess. Ever since that lady put a hot cup of coffee between her legs, drove off and spilled it(of course she was surprised it was hot) and sued and won there have been so many frivolous law suits brought up that take time and effort from other cases. Don't get me wrong, there are legitimate cases out there that deserve a large compensation but I saw a women get into a fender bender with someone else and immediately complained of neck pain. Being a nurse I know that whiplash doesn't present itself immediately being that your adrenaline is still racing. So after paying a $5.00 copay and the other parties insurance paying the damages she wanted more? Sorry again, I just needed to rant a little.
I don't have to outrun walkers, I just have to outrun you!
Highschool Of The Dead full 240316

Guest_CraigTNelsonMandela_*

Guest_CraigTNelsonMandela_*
  • Guests
i hate these kinds of lawsuits

like the jerkoffs who sue mcdonalds because they're fat, or people who slip and fall at stores on purpose and the like

then again i just hate people

DeadCave

DeadCave

Resident Scribe

• *Members*
  • LocationUtah
It's not only the fakers but the judges who award these fakers their money. Lawyers get big and fat off of it as well, insurance companies may complain but honestly, they're bending us over the fence with their premiums and how they refuse to pay. It's all corrupted system.

69% of the people find something dirty in everything they read.  http://http://www.gofundme.com/c66cv4

I R Biter

I R Biter

Biter

• Members
  • LocationSpace City

The McDonald's coffee case was not as frivolous as rumor has it.  It was an elderly woman, and the coffee was hot enough to give her 3rd degree burns.  

I just got coffee at Burger King this morning, and knowing what I know, didn't start drinking it for 15 minutes or so.  I lightly tested at about 5 min, and yep, burnt the tip of my tongue.  There's no reason to serve it that damn hot.  I've waited tables at IHOP, and I know there are some people you just can't serve a beverage hot enough for, but that isn't the majority, and not the people to cater to.  If you want your drink volcanic, make it yourself.

Clidna

Clidna

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Great White North

Seriously - do some research. McDonald's was completely in the wrong in that situation, and the plaintiff originally offered to settle for $20,000 - they turned her down. The jury went overboard on the punitive damages to try and make a point.

Spoiler

Watch the video, and take notice of how bad the injuries were, around the 5 minute mark. I feel so, so bad for this lady - her experience was turned into a joke.

gallery_29714_88_586.png

Coloured by Koibito (R&L Walking Dead in Colour)

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

The McDonald's coffee case was not as frivolous as rumor has it. It was an elderly woman, and the coffee was hot enough to give her 3rd degree burns.

I just got coffee at Burger King this morning, and knowing what I know, didn't start drinking it for 15 minutes or so. I lightly tested at about 5 min, and yep, burnt the tip of my tongue. There's no reason to serve it that damn hot. I've waited tables at IHOP, and I know there are some people you just can't serve a beverage hot enough for, but that isn't the majority, and not the people to cater to. If you want your drink volcanic, make it yourself.

I worked at bk a few yrs ago. If you ask if they can put an ice cube or two in, they will. So this should help with future trips.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!