Walking Dead Episode 5 Discussion

episode 5 game

newkjuice

newkjuice

Infected

• Members
  • LocationNYC
Hi,

What a ride! Lets get this out the way - I believe this game should be game of the year.

The walking dead caps an emotional ride.this episode is shorter than other episodes (no puzzles), but is really balanced, with enough action and story line to satisfy everyone. I think all the holes closed at the end (let the credits role).

So what did you think of episode 5?

I tried to be spoiler free

FloydFraggle

FloydFraggle

Infected

• Members
Episode 5 is a 5/5. Agree with GOTY.

anya7890

anya7890

Infected

• Members
episode was awsome. aswell as the game and I agree with it being GOTY.

DaRooster

DaRooster

Infected

• Members
  • LocationBoston, Massachusetts
I have to say, the game has captured my heart and then tore it into little pieces. This episode was so heartbreaking. It was definitely awesome to feel for the characters and actually care for them. More games need to have emotion like this. I have posters of Lee, Kenny, and Carley on my wall. This episode sent me through so many emotions, I actually started tearing up and tears ran down my face. That has happened with TV shows before and thats happened with movies but never games. 500/10 GOTY
"You walk outside, you risk your life. You take a drink of water, you risk your life. Nowadays you breath and you risk your life. You don’t have a choice. The only thing you can choose is what you’re risking it for." -Hershel Greene

Bro

Bro

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationAlberta, Canada
Wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow.

I flat out cried at the ending there. Wow. I just finished it all now, can't even think straight.

Wow.

I never thought something would dethrone Mass Effect in my eyes for best story ever in a game, but this has done it.

Niekard

Niekard

Infected

• Members
Unfortunately, I think I was in too much denial to open my emotions to the ending scene. All I could think about was Lee teaching Clementine, like he said he would. All I could think is that Lee couldn't die. It was impossible! He was Clem's invincible guardian angel, he'd pull through. It'd be just those two, elite survivors, helping who they can, because that's what Clementine would want. I closed my heart completely to the ending scene and I just kept saying in my head "This is wrong. This is wrong."

I really did enjoy the last 4 episodes, but I think I was too close for comfort with episode 5.

And now I just have this hollow feeling in my heart...

Fryhole3000

Fryhole3000

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationEngland
If this doesn't win GOTY it will prove these awards mean jack..

Brandon

Brandon

Infected

• Members
I think what's written below sums up my feelings. I took it from a post at OperationSports.com. I enjoyed episode 5 more then the poster who I quoted but I did think it was the weakest of the 5. Great game and I can't wait for season 2.

I'm not sure on the rules here about spoilers. I would assume since the thread is clearly labeled episode 5, that anyone who hasn't completed the episode wouldn't come in here with fear of it being spoiled.

"I have to say though, I was really let down by the final episode, which is the first for me. It was the first episode that really had no surprises, and maybe it was meant to be like that, but I still found it to be a bit boring compared to the other ones. I thought the end between Clem and Lee would be more fleshed out, but it was rather pedestrian really. I was expecting to cry, no lie lol. But, I didn't even come close to tears. It was just...what I expected, which is a letdown to me.

I also say they kinda reached with that whole "stranger" guy. I mean, really? WTF was that all about? Did I miss something? I didn't take anything from that car in the woods, I know he's crazy. I was half-expecting him to get up after me saying that and going, "Oh ****. Well, sorry about that. Here's your kid back."

To me it was a dramatic letdown. I know the story needs to end at some point, I get that, but I just don't agree with where they took it. The last episode just seemed forced and cliche, which is something I would NEVER say about the first four.

However, I will say that I never cared more about characters in a video game than I did in this game. It's unbelievable how TellTale spun this web. Like Knight said, it just goes to show you don't need all the frills of modern gaming to make a great game. Kudos, TellTale! I can't wait for Season 2!"

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!