Cures Of Sorts

- - - - - ashthma triggers mold dust medicine allergy allergies

Xfirekeenmike

Xfirekeenmike

Biter

• Banned
  • LocationSouth Texas mcallen area
Ladies and gentlemen, a story if you will. I grew up with asthma and if you can imagine year after year trips to the doctors, hospital stays with iv, early release from school and medicines for every situations and symptoms. Doctors said kids out grow asthma but not me. It took twenty some odd years till I learned there was a difference between asthma, allergy triggered attacks and upper respiratory infections. Doctor I hated then but love now who wouldn't prescribe me puff spray you all can imagine how important such a thing can be. Instead I went away with a prescription for antibiotics after an in house treatment which worked, temporarily. Now to my cure of sorts. Riding bikes is a big part of my life, I love riding. Around 2007 I decided to not refill my puffer spray prescriptions and instead learned to live with symptoms and triggers. And in 2010 I began riding my bike to work and back home full time regardless the weather which brought forth a break thru. It is my belief if you take your body in exercise what ever form you choose to the extreme you can force your body to out grow asthma in this aspect. On a physical level regular extreme exercise opens airways and passages allowing one to expel mucus much easier. keep in mind I have been riding my bike full time the years I stated above. But this is only one part of my cure. I say, know your triggers, what you are allergic to and stay away if the least get a way when you know they are near. Have home remedies to help get you thru the little allergic attacks come your way. For me there are many, cough drops, vaporizer mist, steam showers while deep breathing forcing mucus up to expel, vicks vapor rub on chest and feet, vicks vapor inhaler, coffee and or teas, including breath relaxation. During any attack the ultimate goal is to expel mucus while encouraging deep breathing. The other night I took a bite of a cookie and went to bed with a slight wheezing not too uncomfortable, I fell asleep. I woke up much later and spit out what felt like a cookie mucus coating in my throat.

Yes, gross but there is my cure of sorts. Would you post some of yours if you have some, please.

Xfirekeenmike

Xfirekeenmike

Biter

• Banned
  • LocationSouth Texas mcallen area
Cures of any kind are the key to survival. Days ago I forced myself to walk home 15 minutes quicker but paid the price for wearing shoes just a little too big. Arrived home with a blister at the base of my big toe. The way I treat blisters is such, clean the area with soap and water and then alcohol. After that cut the skin and drain fluid. Next cut as much of the dead skin away exposing the prone to infection area underneath. Up until now the prone to infection area underneath the blister has not been touched by anything other than the dead skin and if you follow my procedures the next steps are the most crucial. Soak alcohol into some sterile materials and press it against the exposed blister. Make sure you get plenty of alcohol in there. After that let it air dry and protect it with dry sterile materials then a sock over that. Apply alcohol at the least daily and keep area dry and covered. With in two days I was able to wear sandals barefoot again.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!