Rank The Walking Dead Actors

- - - - - actors actresses the Walking Dead cast

BobMarley

BobMarley

S-mart Employee

• Members

Rank the actors and actresses in the Walking Dead from best to worst on a scale of 1 - 10. 

One being the worst. Ten being the best.

Andrew Lincoln - 10.5

Scott Wilson - 10.5

Lennie James - 10.5

Michael Rooker - 10.5

Jon Bernthal - 10

Norman Reedus - 9

Jeff DeMunn - 10

Steven Yuen - 7

David Morrissey - 9

Chandler Riggs - 6

Chad Coleman - 9

Danai Gurira - 10.5

Laurie Holden - 10

Sarah Callies - 10

Lauren Cohan - 10

Melissa McBride - 10.5

Emily Kinney - 3

Sonequa M. Greene - 9.5

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

10.5? I mean, some of the people on this show can act but I wouldn't give a 10.5 to Cranston, Brando, Hopkins, Nicholson, Hanks, Fonda, McKellen, Hamm, or Martin Freeman (yes, I probably forgot a couple of esteemed actors)

Anyway...

Travis Love-19.5 

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Officer_Friendly

Officer_Friendly

Roamer

• Members

Hello, Mr. Marley. How ironic for you to rise from the dead and end up on a Walking Dead forum. 

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
Andrew Lincoln - 8/10
Norman Reedus - 6/10
Steven Yuen - 7/10
Lauren Cohan - 8/10
Chandler Riggs - 4/10
Danai Guria - 8/10
Melissa McBride - 9/10

Also Starring

Emily Kinney - off the charts bad/10
Chad Coleman - 7/10'
Sonequia Martin-Greene - 6/10
Lawrence Gillard Jr. - 7/10
Allana Masterson - minus1/10
Michael Cudlitz - 6/10 so far
Josh McDermitt - 5/10 so far
Christian Serratos - 1/10 so far

Yeah I'm really lazy. I can't be bothered doing the past characters haha.

Soaked_Pancakes

Soaked_Pancakes

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanadensis, Pennsylvania

It says a lot for someone to give most actors a 10.5, but a 3 to Kinney.

Emma Bell as Amy Harrison - 6

Jon Bernthal as Shane Walsh - 10

Sarah Wayne Callies as Lori Grimes - 6.5

Jose Pablo Cantillo as Caesar Martinez

Lauren Cohan as Maggie Greene - 7

Chad L. Coleman as Tyreese - 6.5

Michael Cudlitz as Abraham Ford - 6

Jeff DeMunn as Dale Horvath - 8

Noah Emmerich as Edwin Jenner - 9

Seth Gilliam as Gabriel Stokes - 

Lawrence Gilliard, Jr. as Bob Stookey - 6.5

Danai Gurira as Michonne - 7.5

Laurie Holden as Andrea Harrison - 7

Lennie James as Morgan Jones - 10

Emily Kinney as Beth Greene - 4
Andrew Lincoln as Rick Grimes - 9.5

Madison Lintz as Sophia Peletier - 4

Sonequa Martin-Green as Sasha - 7

Alanna Masterson as Tara Chambler - 5

Melissa McBride as Carol Peletier - 7.5

Josh McDermitt as Eugene Porter - 6

David Morrissey as Phillip "The Governor" Blake - 8

Norman Reedus as Daryl Dixon - 6

Chandler Riggs as Carl Grimes - 6

Dallas Roberts as Milton Mamet - 8

Michael Rooker as Merle Dixon - 8.5

Christian Serratos as Rosita Espinosa - 5.5

IronE Singleton as Theodore "T-Dog" Douglas - 6

Andrew J. West as Gareth - 5.5

Scott Wilson as Hershel Greene - 10

Steven Yeun as Glenn Rhee - 7

Alternatively, you could also just call me Soiled_Panties, on account of how pissy I can be.

BobMarley

BobMarley

S-mart Employee

• Members

Sorry lol. I like Beth, but EK is not that great of an actor...

BobMarley

BobMarley

S-mart Employee

• Members

Andrew Lincoln - 8/10
Norman Reedus - 6/10
Steven Yuen - 7/10
Lauren Cohan - 8/10
Chandler Riggs - 4/10
Danai Guria - 8/10
Melissa McBride - 9/10

Also Starring

Emily Kinney - off the charts bad/10
Chad Coleman - 7/10'
Sonequia Martin-Greene - 6/10
Lawrence Gillard Jr. - 7/10
Allana Masterson - minus1/10
Michael Cudlitz - 6/10 so far
Josh McDermitt - 5/10 so far
Christian Serratos - 1/10 so far

Yeah I'm really lazy. I can't be bothered doing the past characters haha.

Yeah I was too lazy to write all the cast members too....Irone Singleton was great though.

"Emily Kinney - off the charts bad/10"  Hahaha lol

I would rate the worst actors like this:

Allen - good enough

Haley - okay

Beth - not very good

Tara - really bad

Rosita - horrid

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln

IMO, the only flawless actors on the show are Melissa McBride, Scott Wilson, and Jon Bernthal.

Andrew Lincoln overacts a lot of the time, and Sarah Wayne Callies had some pretty cringeworthy scenes. I understand some scenes they knock out of the park, but they've got some awful scenes. So do the actors that play Carl, Maggie, and Daryl. 

BobMarley

BobMarley

S-mart Employee

• Members

I think Andrew Lincoln is excellent to watch. It can't easy trying to hide that heavy English accent he has.

I also think he shines alongside great actors like Scott Wilson and Lennie James...

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

I think Andrew Lincoln can come across as silly. There are two sides to Rick's character. Lincoln can do the emotionally damaged, traumatized one, but he can't act tough and badass

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
I think Lincoln does the job perfectly if I'm being honest. There was a couple of dodgy scenes in the first two seasons (he talked about the deeeerrr Lori, comes to mind) but he has learnt how to handle the ropes and I lie, where he is currently.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Since this is more of a general thread, I am moving it to the general forum.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

I think Lincoln does the job perfectly if I'm being honest. There was a couple of dodgy scenes in the first two seasons (he talked about the deeeerrr Lori, comes to mind) but he has learnt how to handle the ropes and I like where he is currently.

I needed to fix that there there lol.

I might as well do the past main characters now:

Jon Berthnal - 8/10
Sarah Wayne Callies - 8/10
Laurie Holden - 7/10
Jeffery DeMunn - 5/10 (he's better In other roles, just not this one I'm afraid)
Michael Rooker - 9/10
David Morrisey - 9/10

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
It's too hard for me to give specific numbers to each of the actors. So, I'll just list the best of the best.

Andrew Lincoln
Lennie James
Michael Rooker
Jon Bernthal
Scott Wilson
Melissa McBride

The worst: Woodbury extras during Merle/Daryl fight scene

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNewcastle England

Id say a lot of the actors on the show are fairly average id say the best have been:

Andrew Lincoln

Scott Wilson

Melissa McBride

Jon Bernthal

I also really like Steven Yeun I know he isn't the best actor in the world but I think he has nailed Glenn perfectly.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

It's too hard for me to give specific numbers to each of the actors. So, I'll just list the best of the best.

Andrew Lincoln
Lennie James
Michael Rooker
Jon Bernthal
Scott Wilson
Melissa McBride

The worst: Woodbury extras during Merle/Daryl fight scene

Agreed on the Woodbury extras! Watching the marathon, all I can do is laugh during the fight scene.

I would add Danai Gurira to the list. I think she is fantastic. This scene gets me everytime.

85255-Michonne-crying-holding-baby-J-oQV

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

Agreed on the Woodbury extras! Watching the marathon, all I can do is laugh during the fight scene.

I would add Danai Gurira to the list. I think she is fantastic. This scene gets me everytime.

85255-Michonne-crying-holding-baby-J-oQV

I can't believe I forgot Danai!  She most definitely belongs on my list of the best of the best.  She had some great, emotional stuff in Season 4, especially that Judith scene.

Soaked_Pancakes

Soaked_Pancakes

Biter

• Members

Gurira really evolved a lot very quickly. I don't know if it was the fault of the writing and directing, but her range in season 3 was pretty much just angry scowling, desperate scowling, walking with the demeanor of slacky school girl, and taking long strides. Then all of a sudden in season 4, she owned pretty much every scene that heavily featured her. I still don't like Michonne much, but Gurira's really shaped up, and her appearance on Talking Dead really solidified that she has a master grip on the character.

Alternatively, you could also just call me Soiled_Panties, on account of how pissy I can be.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Gurira really evolved a lot very quickly. I don't know if it was the fault of the writing and directing, but her range in season 3 was pretty much just angry scowling, desperate scowling, walking with the demeanor of slacky school girl, and taking long strides. Then all of a sudden in season 4, she owned pretty much every scene that heavily featured her. I still don't like Michonne much, but Gurira's really shaped up, and her appearance on Talking Dead really solidified that she has a master grip on the character.

I think the problem with Michonne in S3 was that for most of the season she was used as a plot device instead of a character.

The plot called for Andrea to stay in Woodbury, so the writers had her being uncommunicative with the only person she had been close to for 7 months. The plot called for Rick and Co. to be surprised that Merle was in Woodbury, so let's have Michonne withhold information from the group.

By the end of the season we finally got to see that she was a very effective communicator when Merle tried to take her to the Guv. We really got to see that she was more than just a scowl in "Clear".

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

I think the problem with Michonne in S3 was that for most of the season she was used as a plot device instead of a character.
The plot called for Andrea to stay in Woodbury, so the writers had her being uncommunicative with the only person she had been close to for 7 months. The plot called for Rick and Co. to be surprised that Merle was in Woodbury, so let's have Michonne withhold information from the group.
By the end of the season we finally got to see that she was a very effective communicator when Merle tried to take her to the Guv. We really got to see that she was more than just a scowl in "Clear".

I defiantly agree that she was used as a plot device. It was actually kinda atrocious how she was used, but no where near the extent of Andrea's character.

I try and justify her actions that because she was in hostile territory, she was cautious and up guard. She wasn't thinking straight and that's how she never tries to present evidence to Andrea. When she runs into Rick, she is injured and feels betrayed, not to mention she is in the middle of a war and her best friend openly turned her back on her. It was only until Clear where she showed her true side because she was taking a break from it, and slowly but surely she headed that way until she was fully accepted by the group and drove off the Governor.

That's kinda how we got the Michonne we like in season4. I'm glad Mazzara isn't on the scene anymore though, I'm pretty sure Gurira's talents would still be wasted heavily.

BobMarley

BobMarley

S-mart Employee

• Members

I defiantly agree that she was used as a plot device. It was actually kinda atrocious how she was used, but no where near the extent of Andrea's character.

I try and justify her actions that because she was in hostile territory, she was cautious and up guard. She wasn't thinking straight and that's how she never tries to present evidence to Andrea. When she runs into Rick, she is injured and feels betrayed, not to mention she is in the middle of a war and her best friend openly turned her back on her. It was only until Clear where she showed her true side because she was taking a break from it, and slowly but surely she headed that way until she was fully accepted by the group and drove off the Governor.

That's kinda how we got the Michonne we like in season4. I'm glad Mazzara isn't on the scene anymore though, I'm pretty sure Gurira's talents would still be wasted heavily.

I must me in the minority because I loved Michonne from the first moment I saw her. I think not communicating was her defense mechanism. We also did not know her back story. Then in season 4, we found out she lost her son and she completely shut down. It makes perfect sense why she was not talkative. She was also suffering from trauma and a severe case of PTSD. All those things would make someone nonverbal and reclusive.

Michonne expected Andrea to trust her. After all they spend months on the road together. I definitely think she felt betrayed by Andrea and the only way she knew how to make Andrea aware was to expose the Governor for the monster he was.

Change of OP: Instead of listing best to worst on a scale of 1 - 10. Just list the best actors. Sorry, for the mess up.

Best actors: Andrew Lincoln, Scott Wilson, Michael Rooker, Lennie James, Jon Bernthal, Danai Gurira, Melissa McBride.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Change of OP: Instead of listing best to worst on a scale of 1 - 10. Just list the best actors. Sorry, for the mess up.

Probably best to still rank them considering we already have a thread for this:

http://www.roamersan...wd-best-actors/

Anyway, I've complained about the acting on this show many times over but admittedly, the situations the actors have to act in are less than ideal. It's hard for a lot of people to act in situations outside of our realm of reality

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

I must me in the minority because I loved Michonne from the first moment I saw her. I think not communicating was her defense mechanism. We also did not know her back story. Then in season 4, we found out she lost her son and she completely shut down. It makes perfect sense why she was not talkative. She was also suffering from trauma and a severe case of PTSD. All those things would make someone nonverbal and reclusive.

Michonne expected Andrea to trust her. After all they spend months on the road together. I definitely think she felt betrayed by Andrea and the only way she knew how to make Andrea aware was to expose the Governor for the monster he was..

I knew she was pretty much shut down, but she never talked when the situation could have been advantaged if she did. I know I might come across as selfish here, but if me and my friend were out on the run for several months in the zombie apocalypse and came across a safe town, and my friend wanted to leave because he had a "hunch", I would stay behind because he/she would need to give me more than that. Actual evidence as to why the Governor was a bad person. I would rather live in the hopes of rebuilding the old world again rather than living in the new world eating dog food and twigs, especially if I had no real reason to leave in the first place.

She only talked when it suited her, and for some reason when it did suit her it always benefit others rather than her so called best friend. But I blame the writers on her. She has certainly improved this season, and don't get me wrong she was one of my favourites in season3, but the writing for her could have been better.

Soaked_Pancakes

Soaked_Pancakes

Biter

• Members

Yeah, I realize that Gurira was given a short stick for the brunt of the third season, but even in the final few episodes where Michonne was finally beginning to open up, communicate, be a team player, and find comfort in her environment, she showed little range. She went from silence and stares, to giddily playing with Carl kind of out of nowhere. It's not just the lack of organic evolution there; it's that Gurira didn't even have much of a middle ground there, or even a different level. In "Welcome to the Tombs," when she coyly thanks Rick for letting her join the group, she's almost galloping with him like a girl. Still a relatively stoic face, but the body language is a huge contrast to her face. The looser wardrobe at that time also wasn't too complimentary.

Ah well. Point is, I think Gurira had rough beginnings, but got situated really well from the kick-off of the fourth season. She showed greater facial range, and her body language finally matched the expressions on her face. It almost makes you wonder if Danai Gurira must have been as uncomfortable as her character... Am I over-looking?

GoKillZombies

GoKillZombies

Lurker

• Members

Hi Soaked! You pretty much nailed my list. I would put Maggie a little lower and a couple of minor adjustments. But Herschel, Morgan and Shane top my list too.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!