Rank The Walking Dead Actors

- - - - - actors actresses the Walking Dead cast

Soaked_Pancakes

Soaked_Pancakes

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanadensis, Pennsylvania

^ Haha, your quote made me realize that I never ranked Cantillo! I'll give him a 5.5...

Alternatively, you could also just call me Soiled_Panties, on account of how pissy I can be.

Macek11

Macek11

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationLA
Best: Lennie James, Jon Bernthal, Michael Rooker(underrated IMO).
Most of the actors in the series are just victims of bad writing. There also simply is not enough enough dialog. I fear a world where everyone just speaks in single sentences...

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Best: Lennie James, Jon Bernthal, Michael Rooker(underrated IMO).
Most of the actors in the series are just victims of bad writing. There also simply is not enough enough dialog. I fear a world where everyone just speaks in single sentences...

The best you listed aren't underrated. In fact some people (not me) would say they are overrated because they are always on best of, lists.

That said, I think actors should be good enough to actually act despite the writing they get. Sure, some actors benefit from a great script, but it's their job in the first place to act. And the dialogue I definitely agree with. It was losing it's charm in season3 but it still held on, but by season4 we might as well have robots speaking these lines.

Joseph

Joseph

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationColchester, England.

The very best ( Best on the show and in acting in general )

- Andrew Lincoln. Jon Bernthal. Lennie James. Jeff Demunn, Scott Wilson. Michael Rooker. Mellisa Mcbride. David Morrisey. 

Sarah Wayne Callies. Norman Reedus.

Pretty damn good. ( Normal pretty solid, sometimes amazing, sometimes a little off but overall great actors )

Danai Guirra. Laurie Holden. Lauren Cohan. Steven Yeun. Sonequa Martin-Green. Irone Singleton. Michael Cudlitz. Andrew J West. 

Jose Pablo Cantilo. Dallas Roberts. Lew Temple. Emma Bell. Andrew Rothenberg. Brighton Sharbino. Kyla Kendey.

Lawrence Gillard. Noah Emerich. 

Decent ( Can sometimes be really good but have a good few cringey moments, but still decent actors )

Chandler Riggs, Emily Kinney. Chad L Coleman. Alana Masterson. Josh Mcdermit. Juan Gabriela Pareja. Vincent Ward.

Madison Lintz. Christian Serratos. 

BobMarley

BobMarley

S-mart Employee

• Members

I defiantly agree that she was used as a plot device. It was actually kinda atrocious how she was used, but no where near the extent of Andrea's character.

I try and justify her actions that because she was in hostile territory, she was cautious and up guard. She wasn't thinking straight and that's how she never tries to present evidence to Andrea. When she runs into Rick, she is injured and feels betrayed, not to mention she is in the middle of a war and her best friend openly turned her back on her. It was only until Clear where she showed her true side because she was taking a break from it, and slowly but surely she headed that way until she was fully accepted by the group and drove off the Governor.

That's kinda how we got the Michonne we like in season4. I'm glad Mazzara isn't on the scene anymore though, I'm pretty sure Gurira's talents would still be wasted heavily.

I respectfully disagree, but grading acting is a subjective opinion right?

I think Danai Gurira did a great job considering that she had very few lines in season 3, spending most of her screen time scowling or slicing Walkers. Finally when the writers gave her an opportunity to shine in "Clear" she started opening up more. I never thought Danai Gurira was stiff in the role. If anything I got the impression that she wanted to open up and give her character dimension.

We really got to see a huge difference in her by season 4. She flirts with Rick and Daryl.The scene where she cries holding Judith spoke so many different emotions in one scene. Her connection with Carl is probably the biggest well to draw from. I think any awkwardness in those scenes had to do with Chandler Rigg's acting. I think Danai Gurira helped in not making the scenes come across too corny.

The best you listed aren't underrated. In fact some people (not me) would say they are overrated because they are always on best of, lists.

That said, I think actors should be good enough to actually act despite the writing they get. Sure, some actors benefit from a great script, but it's their job in the first place to act. And the dialogue I definitely agree with. It was losing it's charm in season3 but it still held on, but by season4 we might as well have robots speaking these lines.

I agree with this 100%. I think the writing is more to blame for the jumble of mess that happens with the characters sometimes. All of the original actors from season 1 were great. The only actors who can't consistently give great performances to save their own life are EK, Tara and Rosita.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

I respectfully disagree, but grading acting is a subjective opinion right?

I think Danai Gurira did a great job considering that she had very few lines in season 3, spending most of her screen time scowling or slicing Walkers. Finally when the writers gave her an opportunity to shine in "Clear" she started opening up more. I never thought Danai Gurira was stiff in the role. If anything I got the impression that she wanted to open up and give her character dimension.

We really got to see a huge difference in her by season 4. She flirts with Rick and Daryl.The scene where she cries holding Judith spoke so many different emotions in one scene. Her connection with Carl is probably the biggest well to draw from. I think any awkwardness in those scenes had to do with Chandler Rigg's acting. I think Danai Gurira helped in not making the scenes come across too corny.

Don't worry, we have to disagree sometime ;)

To me I thought it was the script and writing that let her down big time. However, considering what I know about her now, she is better from what I remember. The writing really only improved for her in the second half of 3, and she is great at the subtle human emotions and movement. It just seemed like she was pissed off all the time when I watched initially, but after knowing her backstory I understand why she is. I think she's more a complex character than what she comes across initially.

I agree about Riggs being stiff, as well as the EK/Masteron comments. However since Rosita is fairly new, I am going to give her a chance since she's only been there for a couple of episodes,and even less scenes. I'm not holding my breath on her though.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!