Movies/shows You Hate That Everyone Else Loves And Vice Versa?

- - - - - movies shows hate like opinion

Lukey

Lukey

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCroatia
yeah I'm talking about US version, the show is kind of awkward, not the one you want to watch with your brothers and sisters, or the whole family, all the relatives, anyone you know actually, it's so full of the scenes where you have to hide your me gusta face with poker face. not sure how it works with you adult people, I'm 16

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
You can add Two and a Half Men to mine. That's such an awful show

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

KittenMittons

KittenMittons

S-mart Employee

• Members
Saw someone else post some music stuff, so I would like to say how much I dislike new music. Particularly "rap." Lil Wayne, Rick Ross, Drake...All horrible. That doesn't mean I hate all new music, but most.
Join the R&L GTA Crew! http://socialclub.ro...ers_and_lurke

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
She got a big booty so I call her big booty!

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • LocationCarol's hand
I don't like rap or any auto tuned music either. All of the generic pop star girls are just sad. And fake background instruments . It's a shame that's what people look for .

I must say Lil Wayne impressed me a tad bit with "How to love" and ellie goulding who I also thought was overrated has some beautiful acoustic covers on YouTube. She covered sweet disposition and its wonderful. But she and Lil Wayne have obviously sold their souls to the fake background instrumented , shitty lyriced devils

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
I don't like any of that crap, either. I listen to a lot of classic rock but lately I've been leaning more towards movie/game soundtracks

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • LocationCarol's hand
I lean towards anything with a guitar , classic rock is great . Love the animals , lynrd skynrd , etc. one thing that bugs me and shows how people have no taste is when people think the song landslide is a country song and was from the Dixie chicks .

NO it's a rock song sung by fleetwood Mac and wrote by stevie nicks. Sigh...

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members
Movies I like that everyone loves: I like the Star Wars prequel trilogy. A lot. Not even close to as much as the original trilogy and I do admit that they're very flawed, but I still think they're awesome and quote from them all the time, especially Revenge of the Sith. That movie is so great.

"It seems in your anger....you..killed her..." Classic troll Palpatine. Oh, and when all the Jedi are being slaughtered...that was legitimately sad.

Movies that I hate that everyone else loves: The Dark Knight Rises. It disappointed me. It was full of plotholes, it was overly long and self-important. Worst of all, it was just plain boring. Marvel won this round.

Shows I hate that everyone else loves: It would be too easy to say "The Walking Dead" on here and that's better left for other threads....Hmm... I guess I hate most laugh track sit-coms of today, like The Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men. Oh! I've got it. Mad Men. I just can't watch it. It's so boring. I haven't really given it a proper watch from the beginning, but it just doesn't interest me at all.

Shows I love that everyone else hates: Pokemon. It's shit. I know it is. Even as kid's entertainment, it sucks. Still....."Pokemon! It's you and me! I know it's my DESTINY! Pokemon! Ooohhh, you're my best friend! In a world we must DEFEND!"

Video games I hate that everyone else loves: Skyrim. Like my movie pick, The Dark Knight Rises, Skyrim feels bloated and boring. There's a lot to do, but it all feels so charmless.

Video games I love that everyone else hates: I like Star Wars: The Old Republic. It's a failure and a WoW reject and it has a practically dead player-base. It has a ton of flaws, but I had some fun playing it and I met some cool people during my time there.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
Have you ever watched RedLetterMedia, RickRhymes? I used to like Revenge of the Sith and just simply not like the first two but now I hate all of the prequels. He's hilarious, too and he actually shows insight in film making and teaches. He's the best channel on YouTube

I can understand why someone wouldn't like Dark Knight Rises but I never understood the plot hole argument. Literally, EVERY SINGLE plot hole in that movie can be solved with a little thought and no leaps in imagination

Edit: I also feel like with TDKR, Nolan had a plan for that movie that involved the Joker but Heath Ledger dying made it impossible

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members
Yes, I watched his Phantom Menace review. It was okay, but the fanboy is strong with me and that probably keeps him from being funny to me. I still think the prequel trilogy isn't even close to as bad as people say it is. I'm more worried about J.J. Abrams directing Episode 7. I hope to Christ that it's decent. I wish Joss Whedon would take a break from The Avengers to do Star Wars instead.

Maybe you're right about the Dark Knight Rises. I disliked it so much and was so disappointed in it, that I put it out of my mind. So I don't remember any actual plot holes right now. I'll just say that I didn't like it, even discounting plotholes that may or may not be there. Anyway, for me, this was the best thing to come out of TDKR:

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
Haha. Yeah, I've seen that before. This one's my favorite

RickRhymes

RickRhymes

Roamer

• Members
That one's great, too. I also like the "Harvey Dent...can he be trusted" one. Surprisingly, the Penguin one with Patton Oswalt was the least funny of those videos, in my opinion.

GirlsDeadMonster

GirlsDeadMonster

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNorfolk, VA
The Last Airbender movie. I really liked it but everyone else seems to hate it. I kind of understand. I own all 3 seasons of the cartoon on dvd and know them inside and out but I went into the movie to let it be it's own entity and someone else's interpretation not an exact copy of the series and that's where I think fans went wrong. They got so caught up in pronouncement, cast race, and little child humor that they may have missed a good movie. First off, the boy who played Aang actually shaved his head to interview and knows martial arts and to me looks perfect for the role, I didn't get caught up on what race he was. That's why it's called acting. And I also liked that M. Night went a little darker than the light hearted children's tv show because you're dealing with dark subject matter like world war and genocide. There was so much backlash that I'm not sure there will be another installment and for me that would be a shame.
I don't have to outrun walkers, I just have to outrun you!
Highschool Of The Dead full 240316

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
I'm sorry but The Last Airbender was definitely one of the worst movies I've ever seen and I never even saw the cartoon. I was planning on watching it this summer but it's off Netflix

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
I used to hate the Big Bang Theory, but it grew on me after a few episodes. I think it is pretty funny, now. I am not caught up though with the newer episodes. Two and a Half Men I think was pretty great. It was feeling like it had run its course though in Charlie's last season, after the kid grew up. They definitely should have ended it when Charlie left as it is unwatchable now.

I have odd tastes, though. The Cable Guy is one of my all time favorite films, and I have never been into Star Wars, Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.
I love Rainbow Bright

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

Gravelord

Gravelord

Lurker

• Members
Shows I hate that everyone loves:

1) Big Bang Theory - Like many have said it is not funny and a waste of time.
2) Two and a Half Men - Boring, repetitive and the actors are terrible.
3) Dexter - I don't like the concept, I can't get behind murderers and support them.
4) Game of Thrones - I don't hate it, but I find it overrated. I think it is just disgusting sometimes and I hate the characters.

Movies I hate that everyone loves:

1) Avatar - The acting is bad and I could have come up with that plot in pre-school.
2) Iron Man 3 - They pulled there pants down and bent over in the faces of comic fans...I despise the twist.
3) Spider-Man 1 - Overacting, poor plot and terrible representations of the comic characters.

Games I hate that everyone loves:

1) Final Fantasy (Excluding 6) - I have never been able to get into the games, don't like the characters either. I am a hardcore RPG player so I should love these games but I don't.
2) Sonic - The series is a boring clone of other platforms. I hate the level designs and the characters.

Rudy5.png "Let the slaughter begin..."

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

I wouldn't say that. It's better than most shows and has really spectacular moments.

I take it back. This season is horrible

NAGILLUM

NAGILLUM

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationCanada, eh!

You can add Two and a Half Men to mine. That's such an awful show
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCHr1rrpPrg

I've always thought Two and a Half Men was hilarious. Too bad Charlie Sheen is gone, it hasn't been the same.
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past, or the present, are certain to miss the future.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

I've always thought Two and a Half Men was hilarious. Too bad Charlie Sheen is gone, it hasn't been the same.

I used to like it. I also used to like Big Bang Theory. My taste just changes a lot I guess

NAGILLUM

NAGILLUM

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationCanada, eh!
Yeah, and IMO Opie and Anthony are obnoxious and annoying...
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past, or the present, are certain to miss the future.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Yeah, and IMO Opie and Anthony are obnoxious and annoying...

That's the only episode I've seen of them

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
I'm going to add a game: Tomb Raider. I saw gameplay footage and it looked awesome but when I got around to play it, it just wasn't that gun. Same with Bioshock Infinite

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Breaking Bad - I don't necessarily hate Breaking Bad, I can just never get into it, despite watching various episodes.

Huzzah! A changed opinion!

Ansceniiiic

Ansceniiiic

Zombie Herder

• Members

Huzzah! A changed opinion!

Haha, all thanks to Netflix to be honest. Breaking Bad is the only show to not be broadcast in the UK, and after acquiring Netflix in August, I was finally able to check it out without needing to pirate the episodes. Best.decision.ever!

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!