Movies/shows You Hate That Everyone Else Loves And Vice Versa?

- - - - - movies shows hate like opinion

SheepInWolfClothing

SheepInWolfClothing

Infected

• Members
Big Bang Theory is the worst show in the history of forever

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

Big Bang Theory is the worst show in the history of forever

I like to think of what the Big Bang Theory is going to be viewed as 100 years from now. The Holocaust, 9/11, Hurricane Katrina, Tianamen Square, AIDS, Haiti Earthquake, Japan Earthquake, Pearl Harbor, Titanic, the Black Death, Armenian Massacre, and the Reign of Terror. These will seem like minor inconveniences compared to this TV show being the biggest crime against of humanity

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.
BAAAAZiiiiiNNNNNGA !

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

BeauL83

BeauL83

Biter

• Members
  • LocationAustralia
I don't like breaking bad, mad men, dexter. They're all so overrated.
I Believe In Rick Grimes

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
Can you explain why you don't like Breaking Bad? I understand if it's personal preference but I certainly wouldn't say it's overrated. It's nearly flawless from acting to cinematography to writing. I'm not saying you're wrong. I just want to hear the other side of the argument

Edit: However, Dexter is one I completely agree with. It's one of my favorite shows and I love it to death but I completely understand why some people wouldn't like it. Most of my friends feel the same way about the Walking Dead. They love it but know it has a lot of problems. With Dexter, it can be VERY sloppy with the writing sometimes, especially with regards to Harrison

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Matt

Matt

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUnder your bed.....
IMO, Dexter's always had sloppy writing, even during the first season (which many people hail as the best).

As far as I'm concerned, it's never been a 'good' show. It's entertaining as hell, but that's about all it's ever offered (well okay, the cinematography once was one of it's few genuine accomplishments, but that went downhill with the second season). .

I find the show overall to be about on the same level of True Blood, honestly. Fun, turn-your-brain-off Sunday night fare, and nothing more.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
I hate youtube channels...............i hear people talking about this one or that one being funny or well done but IMO i think they are all shit.
They all seems to be some moron trying to be funny and fail miserably unless you like dick jokes or rape jokes.

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis
Well, I like Big Bang, which apparently everyone here hates lol. To me it just reminds me of friends I had in high school. And myself a bit since I'm a big geek like all those guys, and get into all the stuff the guys do in that show. So I get all the jokes and relate.

I will say that the show has run its course by now, and should come to an end.

For movies, though I loved reading HP, I didn't get into the movies very much and haven't even seen all of them.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

IMO, Dexter's always had sloppy writing, even during the first season (which many people hail as the best).

As far as I'm concerned, it's never been a 'good' show. It's entertaining as hell, but that's about all it's ever offered (well okay, the cinematography once was one of it's few genuine accomplishments, but that went downhill with the second season). .

I find the show overall to be about on the same level of True Blood, honestly. Fun, turn-your-brain-off Sunday night fare, and nothing more.

I wouldn't say that. It's better than most shows and has really spectacular moments.

Sweetsister

Sweetsister

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationToronto, Canada
I second what Steph says about Big Bang I like it but the shine is off the penny and the shoulda ended on a high note.

I do not like Pretty Little Liars but it seems to have a following

and also like Steph I got as far as movie 3 movie 4 did not interest me and I did not bother with the rest.
I also did not care for any of the Pirate of the Caribbean sequels one was enough, hated Spiderman 2-3 too much CGI

Love period films on MPT, also loved Spartacus series (I know it has a following but not as big as TWD)

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Well, I like Big Bang, which apparently everyone here hates lol. To me it just reminds me of friends I had in high school. And myself a bit since I'm a big geek like all those guys, and get into all the stuff the guys do in that show. So I get all the jokes and relate.

I'm a "geek" too and I'm completely insulted by that show. My main problems with it include the fact that half of the jokes are references, which aren't jokes. Just because Sheldon mentions a TV show doesn't mean it's a joke if you know what it is. Also, you're supposed to relate with Penny, not the nerds. It's a show that's supposed to represent them but the audience doesn't laugh with them, it laughs AT them. "They mention Dungeon and Dragons? It's dorky! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! What a joke! Hilarious! Call the emmys!" How is it even a joke when Sheldon says he's playing Mario on a "poorly construced N64 emulator." That's not a joke! They don't even get the geek references right. Mario 64 isn't two player, N64 emulators have been flawless for years now, you can't loot your partners in WoW, etc.

And the character of Sheldon perplexes me. Why are we supposed to laugh at someone with asbergers? I just get kind of sad and angry when the audience laughs at him being awkward.

This show blows. There are much better comedies including Arrested Development, Malcolm in the Middle, Community, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Archer, Louie, Seinfeld, Roseanne, and even some other comedies that I just find entertaining like How I Met Your Mother and the Middle. Even Modern Family is better than this.

Matt

Matt

Biter

• Members

I wouldn't say that. It's better than most shows and has really spectacular moments.

I definitely agree that it's better than network sitcoms and reality shows, but for me, that's not saying a whole lot, seeing as how those don't really require heavy competition anyway :P

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
This guy sums it up perfectly (I just looked this up)
http://www.sickchirp...g-theory-sucks/

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

I definitely agree that it's better than network sitcoms and reality shows, but for me, that's not saying a whole lot, seeing as how those don't really require heavy competition anyway :P

I'd say I like it more than the Walking Dead (and if Dexter's always had sloppy writing, then the Walking Dead isn't even slop. It has to envy slop). It's definitely in my top 10 shows and off the top of my head the only shows I like better than it are Breaking Bad, Lost, Arrested Development, Monk and MAYBE 24 (24 also has the sloppy writing problem because it's extremely apparent they write the seasons as they go along but come on? What other serial drama have you seen that's been on for 8 season and has had 24 episodes a season and is still exhilarating?)

Matt

Matt

Biter

• Members
Oh don't get me wrong it's my in top 10 as well.

Thankfully, quality doesn't dictate whether a show is a favorite of mine or not. If it did, I probably wouldn't be on this site lol

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
Yeah. It's been on too long. That's the issue. They should've had 5 seasons, 6 MAX and change a lot of things around in the earlier seasons. Season 6 sucked and had nothing redeemable about it. I loved Season 2 and if it had a good finale, it would be my favorite but it did something I hated

Dexter Season 2 + 7 and Walking Dead Season 2 + Breaking Bad Season 1 spoilers

Spoiler

The thing with Dexter is that if someone said it was one of their favorite shows, I could understand why and wouldn't question them on it, unlike other shows. I think it's more than just entertainment, though.

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis
Well JM we'll just have to agree to disagree. The world, after all, would be a very boring place if we all liked the same shows. I'm too drunk to write up a coherent defense response, so this is it. :P (Canada Day weekend, whaaat??)

Another show I love is Stargate SG-1. That is all.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
If nobody in the world argued, I would cease to exist

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
One show i really loved that nobody i know seems to have seen is Lilyhammer staring Steven Van Zandt.
Being a huge Sporanos fan and Silvio being one of my favorite characters ever in television i gave this show a chance. Its about a gangster being relocated to Lilyhammer, Norway.
It was a great show and only lasted 8 episodes i think.
here is a link for more info.
http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Lilyhammer

Lukey

Lukey

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCroatia
Anyone wathcing shameless?
I watched 1 season so far and I really have some mixed feelings about it, what do you think of it

Ansceniiiic

Ansceniiiic

Zombie Herder

• Members

I watched 1 season so far and I really have some mixed feelings about it, what do you think of it

The original Shameless (UK version) or US remake? I used to watch the original for a while, but then the show became repetitive, suffered from poor writing and shitty sub-plots and certain characters leaving which led to it's downfall. But I've heard the US version is supposed to be good..

Matt

Matt

Biter

• Members
UK Shameless lost me around the fifth season once the Gallagher's neighbors left. The writers had already gotten rid of some of my favorites by then, and those two characters were the last straw.

US Shameless has been pretty good so far, from what I've watched (first two seasons). I could use me a lot more Joan Cusack though :)

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
Just started watching Arrested Development. And I love it. Dunno if anyone hates it? But it's friggin hilarious. As I'm sure many of you already knew.. I'm behind the times I guess.

Sweetsister

Sweetsister

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Just started watching Arrested Development. And I love it. Dunno if anyone hates it? But it's friggin hilarious. As I'm sure many of you already knew.. I'm behind the times I guess.

I'm behind as well, everyone told me it was great so I ordered the first 3 seasons and plan on a marathon. Its just one of those shows that must have been on when I watched something else :srug:

DukeSilver

DukeSilver

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationWinterfell

I've only watched the U.S. version, but I like it. Emmy Rossum is brilliant as Fiona

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykUTh9cVuJs

She really makes the show for me. I also love Debbie, Lip, Veronica/Kevin and Sheila. In my opinion, the characters (and the actors that portray them) really make up for a lot of the flaws in the writing that have plagued the show. I don't watch it religiously but I keep up with it.

3VHWYjA.gif

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!