And I know this has been talked about to death, but I think it's time to revive it once more...
- In theory, could one survive a fever by, say, taking an ice bath for a while?
- If the bath made the fever diminish to the point of going away, would you always have to live in fear of it returning? Could the fever just re-emerge at any time and finish the job?
- If the fever goes away for good, would the bite/scratch wound be able to heal? Would that wound act as 'dead' skin?
- Does a scratch induce the fever the same as a bite does? (See: Big Tiny)
- If a bite works through the flow of the zombies' oral bacteria reaching through the circulating blood, do means of death not caused by zombies cause instant-turning via brain chemical changing?
- As a sub-question to the previous, are there multiple different ways to turn into a zombie, and do each of these create a separate sub-species of zombie (hence, what the comics explain as "roamers" and "lurkers"?
- Does consuming zombie flesh/blood make you turn into one?
I don't expect all of these questions to be answered on the show, or in the comics, but it'd be nice to see them acknowledged a bit more. However, I think the show should avoid experimentation for a while, for fear of having a character feel like a Milton replacement.
Anyway, what do you think the answers to these questions are? Do you have any more questions about the virus?