Issue 186 Discussion

- - - - - Issue 186 The Powder Keg Discussion Rick Grimes Pamela Milton

ThatEpicBeast U Know

ThatEpicBeast U Know

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationVermont

Fuck.

Edit: Also, could someone possibly remove the “/review” from the title? I’d appreciate that! :)

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube....suSrDxf3qF6z34w (Epic A)

Pickles312

Pickles312

Lurker

• Members

I love how pissed Rick is. I really love it. Rick isn't going to just shrug that off. He had to kill one of his people, someone he cared about, a leader in his community for several years. This isn't early on when everyone was dying and this would have been nothing to him. It's affected him. And I love that. Rick knew he had to do what he did. But he really didn't want to, and he's not going to just accept why that situation took place.

Worried about him though. Hoping he lives through 200.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
Let's face it. Kirkman couldn't do the redemption arc and turn dwight into a leader because it's at this point over used.

He kept dwight in an loop of just not being happy. No matter what was thrown his way he just wasn't happy about it.

The saviors didn't really want him as a leader. He didn't want to lead them.

Let's face it. Kirkmans going to politics with this. Dwight was right. It was was BS what Pamela was saying. It's politics 101 say what they want to hear. Then ignore it. He is correct her and negan are abusing power to their advantages. Negan just used fear.

People who clean up the streets and do the dirty work. Chances are those people are grunts who get the low "income".

The problem is if people knew Mercer was for it being a better system. It would change. When you feel an army is against you nobody does anything.

RayRey

RayRey

Infected

• Members

I am so glad Dwight got killed off. He was getting so annoying lately. Almost tv show Negan levels of annoying.

Kind of find it hard to believe that Eugene wouldn't have found out that Stephanie wore a wig until now. But oh well.

I'm glad that we are actually seeing Magna do something in the comic.

To be honest I thought it was a very so so issue. Havn't been into Dwight's moodiness lately at all so that is probably a big reason why it was hard for me to get into this issue. I think we could use some time away from the Commonwealth for awhile. It's really been the sole focus of the series for about fifteen or sixteen issues now (really ever since Andrea died). The fact that I thought the best part of the issue was the single page that had Carl teasing Sophia about a boy that wanted to sit next to her and her in turn rolling her eyes at him made it very clear that we need to start putting more focus on Hilltop again.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

Dwight...............Fuck you. 

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

Bug

Bug

Zombie Herder

• Moderators
I think you all know that I have thought Dwight was out of line thinking he was just going to take over the commonwealth. I felt that since he couldn’t handle The Sanctuary he definitely couldn’t handle these people. I know that the saviors didn’t want him, but the point is not all leaders are wanted. He wasn’t ready to lead anybody.

Still his death was unexpected. Michonne blew it having Pamela show up at that meeting. Frankly I’d have been happier had Rick been able to talk some sense into Dwight. Now we wait to see how awful Pamela’s going to be.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

Still is baffling the stance Michonne is taking.  It really makes no sense why she would just kinda turn her back on Rick and team up with Pam. 

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

Still is baffling the stance Michonne is taking. It really makes no sense why she would just kinda turn her back on Rick and team up with Pam.

They need more drama I guess.

naossano

naossano

Lurker

• Members

I think they did enough build up, not for  Micchone to maliciously betray rick, but to care enough about the Commonwealth to defend it, except if it comes at odds with rick's plan. (being in the upper class, spending several chapters being amazed by the Commonwealth, wanting the best for Elodie's future and already having her hands dirty by defending those guards)

It is sad to have Dwight go down, but that rift between rick and Micchone is quite welcomed. I just hope they don't end up offing each other.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!