We discussed at length about where would we go, in an ideal world. We've talked about finding a castle with a deep and wide moat, with geothermal heating, with a stocked granary, and a working solar electric plant, with a basement full of canned food, along with a fully stocked armory with handguns, machetes and rifles.
What if none of these ideal situations were available? If you had the choice of taking to the sea (with a boat such as Abigail), or staying on land, with a small group of average survivors (i.e. no Special Forces snipers or expert gunsmiths in the group) in a place such as The Prison, where would you prefer to be in? What are the pros and cons of being on land vs the sea?
- Flexibility to move wherever you want
- More food and supplies available for a smart scavenger
- More survivors to link up with
- Can start farming once things stabilize
- You can see enemies coming from miles away - no more surprises
- Fishing provides easily available protein in the diet - no need to go all vegan or be dependent on hunting in the forests
- Walkers are just floaters - a total non-issue unless you come near shore
- Once gas and diesel give out, you can use the wind to travel thousands of miles if need be