The Walking Dead Issue #136 Review

- - - - - The Walking Dead Issue 136 Review ThatEpicBeastUKnow People

marsyao

marsyao

Infected

• Members

Yo, it's cool that we have gay characters but like.....it's starting to get in the way in a bit? Specifically in Jesus' case

Like, ok, Jesus is with whatshisface. Alright.

Then there was nothing done with that. 

Now he's with Wes? Who???????????????

We keep checking in on Jesus' love life, but barely.....to the extent that we don't need to check in at all if it's not gonna be fleshed out at all.
We have zero reasons to care about who he's with or that he's with someone. Kirkman is literally wasting a couple pages just to go "yup, he's still gay" and then leaving it at that.

It is for diversity sake and nothing else

Dead Gov Walking

Dead Gov Walking

Roamer

• Members

Oh, as for the issue as a whole, I enjoyed it enough. 

Thought Carl giving his hat to Lydia was kinda cheese-tastic but other than that, no problems other than ^

did this issue feel longer than usual to anyone else?

moop420

moop420

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationInside Andrea's Short Shorts

1. Where are all the lesbians at?

2. I can suspend my belief for a lot of things, but I can't suspend it when it comes to Gregory. I just can't believe that anyone would listen to anything that douche says at this point, let alone go along with his preposterous plots. Even those stupid hick parents.

3. The "where's Michonne" question is starting to become annoying.

4. Don't think Carl picked up the word "Rad" from his father or unofficially official step-mom. More Negan influence.

Solid issue, 7/10, but for all of the talking that Lydia and Carl did we learned next to nothing about the whisperers.

Oh, and if I were Rick I'd totally be trying to connive my way into an Andrea/Magna threesome...

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
I really can't get a feel on Lydia. As much as i feel she is acting i also feel that her group made her believe as much as she is saying.

I would rather hope it's not a super huge threat. Not yet anyways. I would much rather have an uneasy peace for a while. Some kind of truce.

The only problem here js Carl opened up to her and revealed a little bit. Might come back to hurt them.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

Solid issue, 7/10, but for all of the talking that Lydia and Carl did we learned next to nothing about the whisperers.

Depending on if Lydia is lying or not,We learned that they kill without asking questions because they believe no good exsist in the world. They no longer wait to find out. They must get punished for doing things also as for her first outing. I actually wonder if it is. The second someone she cared about was killed she gave up. Maybe if this wasn't the first time she either tries to run or maybe just fight until she is killed.

Or she's great at acting and is now a spy.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

Skins are like Amish people that wear human skins........

Amish-community-007.jpg

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

bamasaintsteve

bamasaintsteve

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationJasper Alabama

I wonder if Carl saying I never die is foreshadowing his death?

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

I wonder if Carl saying I never die is foreshadowing his death?

Carl will outlive Rick. I like a few others believe this will follow Carl and kinda has been a setup as of how Carl will survive. I also think we will see how Rick molded him into the person he is. I think he'll end up taking in a few personality traits...like Negan (which he has shown) and maybe Earl, if he gets to work with him enough anyways.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Do you guys remember Nicholas? He kind of popped in my head this morning for some reason and I was like, "Oh yeah, he died. I wonder if anyone remembers/cares."

Anyway, I liked the issue. I understand people get upset at the buildup issues but the fact is that there has to be buildup or there's no plot; just a sequence of events happening. Anyway, I did like the plot progression in this issue and I'm looking forward to seeing the blocks fall. Lydia/Carl dynamic was pretty interesting to me. I actually don't think she's full of it. She'll probably beg for Carl to be spared if he ever encounters the whisperers. I'm also really glad Carl didn't release her because that's where I thought this was going--he actually seemed like a very mature character in this issue and I'm liking him a lot more again. Maybe it's because he lost the glasses.

Did anyone else not know who Magna was until they said her name?

And was it just me, or did anyone else think the issue kind of looked like ass? I love Adlard but everything in this issue felt very smudged and rushed with regards to detail. Maybe it's just been too long since the last issue

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

DHeav60

DHeav60

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ
Good issue. Lots of information to take in. Lydia is manipulating Carl. The Whisperers' outside Hilltop confirm that she's not some Naive little girl. Go back to what she was saying to Jesus in the previous issue - the Whisperers don't have weak links. While I think Lydia is sinking her psychological hooks into Carl, I think she may have given some true information about the Whisperers - like them being nomadic, always on the move.

The covers have been subtly accurate without giving much information, and each issue in this series has given us only small bits of info on the whisperers. They were only in a few panels but looks like will get a tiny bit of info on the boss man (or woman?) in #137. But I think this murder plot is going to absorb mots of next issue and we'll get the big reveal of who the whisperers really are in #138.

It is for diversity sake and nothing else

And what happened to Aaron?

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
I guess one theory has sort of been correct. They travel in herds. Huge herds. Lydia aslo talked about how hilltop won't last...is she trying to warn Carl without actually warning him? So. What if they demand her release? Would they do it? It's hard but without knowing much i guess your best bet is to blind fold her and send her out. Hopefully Carl did get to her. Maybe she can tell them they are good people. However i see them wanting to take over hilltop becaue "they don't kill." It has proven to last the whole ZA.

Also has anyone wondered about the foreshadowing with the Euge? Is anyone else concerened about how dperessed he looked?

Dr_Scientist

Dr_Scientist

S-mart Employee

• Members

Also has anyone wondered about the foreshadowing with the Euge? Is anyone else concerened about how dperessed he looked?

I've actually become quite concerned about Eugene. The past few panels we've seen him his facial expressions have been almost empty. I don't want him to hurt himself or Rosita.

Chryz707

Chryz707

Lurker

• Members

Carl is being too trusting of Lydia. Interesting to see Rick made it back to Alexandria. I think he might have been followed though. Wonder how the Whisperers knew Lydia had been taken seeing as I doubt Paul kept anymore alive. Unless it was the one whose leg he snapped. I guess there could be a ton of them. We should keep count of how many are killed like the thread for Saviors deaths.

I enjoyed the issue. I don't care if it was filler or not. We got so many plot lines going on right now. It's fun to see all of them develop together.

Thats the Naivity of Carl!  he doesnt realize what he is doing sometimes.  This time might be to late and cost some lives too!

FearTheHunters

FearTheHunters

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationOn my way to Canada

does anyone else think that lydia might just be as vulnerable as she seemed, like she's telling the truth that it's the first time she's been alone, and the ones outside hilltop saying she is strong are speaking to her courage when she's got her group with her. she stabbed herself and was begging for her life from the getgo, she's been scared shitless since joshua bit it. maggie now realizes the danger dante is in, and i think gregory confronting her is going to go south when she dismisses him again because she straight doesnt have time for his shit. she's got plenty of knowledge to drop on him about what she's doing as leader that he has no idea about at all. the gregory story is a red herring if you ask me, and the last good thing he'll be useful for in this story.

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn a Gangsta's Paradise ♪♫

A coloring I decided to do for all you folks out there.

gallery_12430_80_571589.png

Hope you all like it well enough.

bd629b0375becac7160e1d2f9cb1fae26e9b1917

TomTom

TomTom

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationSouth Africa

Absolutely FANTASTIC!!!!  :zombiethumbsup:

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

does anyone else think that lydia might just be as vulnerable as she seemed, like she's telling the truth that it's the first time she's been alone, and the ones outside hilltop saying she is strong are speaking to her courage when she's got her group with her. 

It could very well be a Kirkman classic troll to get us to think Lydia is bad when really she's good... I still have a bad feeling about her though.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

It could very well be a Kirkman classic troll to get us to think Lydia is bad when really she's good... I still have a bad feeling about her though.

tumblr_lu6e4ge9qC1qc5s9to3_250.gif

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
Can we agree Lydia looks ok in some panels and in others she looks super creepy?

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

I think the art work has not been very good for the last couple issues.

leegreenman

leegreenman

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationLong Island, NY
I think Lydia is going to turn out to be ok. I still don't think the skins are the real threat.

moop420

moop420

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationInside Andrea's Short Shorts

I agree. From what Lydia told Carl the Skins have experienced so much trauma at the hands of other survivors that they are now so paranoid they just kill any human on sight, except Dante, who is probably dead anyway by now.

And that begs the question...what could be out there that is worse than say the Guv, the Hunters, or even Negan?

A lot, actually, but I wonder what RK's next evolution in villainy will be...

Whatever is out there, I hope it gets it's hands on Gregory and poops all over his corpse when it's finished killing him.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
I think it's the same old villians....like rapists, and just people killing others. Wrong guy in charge of most groups. Idk if dante is dead yet. I'm sure he may gave out the location of hilltop...promising them safe haven and how they are always taking people in. So now they see for themselves.

Carliskindofcool

Carliskindofcool

Infected

• Members
Idk if anybody mentioned how this issue had that whole anticlimactic theme,135 we should kill Maggie 136 they all think it's going to far..I know the one guy that argued with Carl came to Gregory in the end but that does sort of change things it could be just these two scheming

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
Well if i'm Gregory i say something like that, they are very angry so they might listen. You know one of those parents will come back to you. Anyways. His plan could be use the other guy to go after Maggie, she'll kill him in self defense then people will want change because she can no longer be in charge. It'll break the we don't kill rule.

I then see Gregory telling people they need change and he can bring it to them and tell parents how kids will be safe and no more attacks...blah blah blah.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!