Walking Dead Season 2: Episode 1

Walking dead

vampirebat

vampirebat

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationBrockton, Massachusetts

However, I'm wondering if we'll see Molly or if she's just a character that you never cross paths with again

I want Molly to come back, but I just can't see it. She was an awesome character, just wish she would have stayed.

vampirebat

vampirebat

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationBrockton, Massachusetts
God what an amazing episode. Telltale you have a way to cut to my core. From Omid to the dog to Pete. Why do you make me suffer? Maybe the better question is why do I like it so much? When I saw the photo of Lee, it crushed my soul a little. I was like oh right, you killed him, you assholes. I hate how much I love this game.

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln

I didn't talk to him at all. I didn't even plead to him while the group was debating to kill you, which might be a part of it. This thread is the first I hear of him helping people, which is interesting. How do you even trigger it? I thought he was in the kitchen having the intense group discussion. Anyway, I got the fishing line from the shed, peroxide from Sarah, needle from the medicine cabinet, and bandages from an empty bedroom upstairs. How does Alvin help? Does he just give everything you need? It's nice to hear that he's nice because I thought he was fodder for sure when I first saw him.

I didn't plea to him either, I pleaded to Rebecca. In fact, I didn't even talk to him until he helped me. Did you peak in each window when you were trying to find a way into the house? In one window Rebecca and Alvin are fighting and you hear everything. She basically bashes him for never sticking up for her and that he's weak and that he should want to kill Clementine. She then storms out and Clementine knocks on the window. You talk to Alvin for quite some time trying to convince him to help you. Eventually he says yes... or no. He gets you bandages.

He makes you promise that you won't tell anyone and then asks if you promise to help him out sometime in the future....Which is interesting because you have a choice to promise Sarah you'll help her sometime in the future as well. Makes me think that there will be a point down the road where you have to choose to keep your promise to either Sarah or Alvin. I stupidly promised them both, which will probably come back to bite me in the butt.

I then snuck into the house to look for the rest. I got the needle out of the bathroom (where I hid from Rebecca) and then had Sarah help me with the peroxide.

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

Now, let's get to the meat of it. Choices!

-I didn't give the girl my hat

-I didn't burn the picture of Lee

-I tried to distract the scavengers from Christa

-I offered food to the dog

-I killed the dog

-I appealed to Pete (while the group was arguing)

-I told Sarah we could be friends

-I accepted Nick's apology

-I told Luke about Lee

-I asked Rebecca, "Whose baby is it?" (Felt bad about this one but whatever)

-I gave the dying man water

-I went with Pete

Wow, complete ditto as far as the choices go. I couldn't help it, I think Rebecca reminded me of the girl who shot Omid in the beginning, plus she was grouchy so it made me grouchy as well.

Oh, and I passed on taking the watch in the drawer while hunting for supplies. Didn't see any use for it and I figured that would probably be something that comes around and bites you in the ass on down the line.
Jon is fine, dammit.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

I didn't plea to him either, I pleaded to Rebecca. In fact, I didn't even talk to him until he helped me. Did you peak in each window when you were trying to find a way into the house? In one window Rebecca and Alvin are fighting and you hear everything. She basically bashes him for never sticking up for her and that he's weak and that he should want to kill Clementine. She then storms out and Clementine knocks on the window. You talk to Alvin for quite some time trying to convince him to help you. Eventually he says yes... or no. He gets you bandages.

He makes you promise that you won't tell anyone and then asks if you promise to help him out sometime in the future....Which is interesting because you have a choice to promise Sarah you'll help her sometime in the future as well. Makes me think that there will be a point down the road where you have to choose to keep your promise to either Sarah or Alvin. I stupidly promised them both, which will probably come back to bite me in the butt.

I then snuck into the house to look for the rest. I got the needle out of the bathroom (where I hid from Rebecca) and then had Sarah help me with the peroxide.

Nope. I don't know what it's called but it was one of those cabins that's raised above the ground. It has a crawl space underneath. I went underneath the house after prying a piece of plywood loose and then went through a trapdoor. Yours sounds more interesting, though. At least I didn't have to make any promises, though

Wow, complete ditto as far as the choices go. I couldn't help it, I think Rebecca reminded me of the girl who shot Omid in the beginning, plus she was grouchy so it made me grouchy as well.

Oh, and I passed on taking the watch in the drawer while hunting for supplies. Didn't see any use for it and I figured that would probably be something that comes around and bites you in the ass on down the line.

The choices were very lopsided in this one with like 90% of people choosing to do one thing. I did take the watch, though. I thought I could just examine it or something and she ended up swiping it. Oh well

I'm wondering if I should go back and change that decision now. I feel like I made the wrong choice. It'll be interesting though to see how much if affects the next chapter.

I've never gone back and changed choices because it takes away from the whole consequence aspect of it if you can just undo everything. I wanted to do it for 400 Days since only 2 people went with Tavia but I just got to live with it. I wouldn't worry about the choice, though. I'm betting Pete dies either way

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Officer_Friendly

Officer_Friendly

Roamer

• Members
At first I thought that the dead group of survivors at the end of the episode could be a way to incorporate The Governor into the storyline, but then I realized that at this point in the timeline The Governor is probably dead. For the people that didn't give water to the dying man, did he give any info on Christa's whereabouts? I gave him water after asking him about her and he just thanked me.

Officer_Friendly

Officer_Friendly

Roamer

• Members

Now, let's get to the meat of it. Choices!

-I didn't give the girl my hat

-I didn't burn the picture of Lee

-I tried to distract the scavengers from Christa

-I offered food to the dog

-I killed the dog

-I appealed to Pete (while the group was arguing)

-I told Sarah we could be friends

-I accepted Nick's apology

-I told Luke about Lee

-I asked Rebecca, "Whose baby is it?" (Felt bad about this one but whatever)

-I gave the dying man water

-I went with Pete

I made the same exact calls that you made! I don't really regret any of my choices, do you?

thelastpaul

thelastpaul

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCalifornia

Even if she didn't care if Lily died or not, she would still react that way. If you saw someone you thought was dead alive, even if you didn't care about them, you would react the same way too.

What reason did she have to think that Lilly was dead? I'm pretty sure I chose to leave Lilly on the roadside. Why would Clem think she's dead? Just cause someone goes off on their own doesn't mean it's a death sentence. The reaction only makes sense in Kennys case... especially since he was a cared about character.

Frankly the more I think about it the more I think that Kenny will be turned into the villain and Clem will end up having to kill him. Just my 2 cents. We'll see how it all plays out.

Bit > Lurker > Roamer > Put down by Scott Gimple. Goodbye R&L

StarkExpanse

StarkExpanse

Lurker

• Members
I had to cringe a few times when Clementine was stitching her arm. It was so graphic how they animated the wound and drew the sequence out so much. Probably one of the most gruelingly violent things in the entire franchise, I think. That whole situation with them refusing to help her was frustrating.

Sgthewolverine

Sgthewolverine

Lurker

• Members

I want Molly to come back, but I just can't see it. She was an awesome character, just wish she would have stayed.

ditto, but I don't see it. Not much purpose for her, and being she didn't get too close to any of the survivors I'm not sure it would have the same impact as Kenny or even Lilly. I'm just tired of kirsta. Seemed like she was ready to die anyway. And I actually liked how they handled the pregnancy...pretty harsh but well done and jarring. Sets one hell of a tone.

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
Here's a twist for ya. The "I thought you were dead," character turns out to be

Spoiler

General Ian Zane

General Ian Zane

Roamer

• Members
It's Lee's evil twin brother, Jean.

scarylala

scarylala

Roamer

• Members
  • Locationin the back of a van somewhere....
I was so annoyed at Christa & Omid for leaving Clem to check out that toilet herself. What if it had been filled with walkers or if om crazy teenager came in ....oh wait it did. She is still too young to be taking those risks alone Lee would've been so mad at them.
you only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough

thelastpaul

thelastpaul

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCalifornia

I was so annoyed at Christa & Omid for leaving Clem to check out that toilet herself. What if it had been filled with walkers or if om crazy teenager came in ....oh wait it did. She is still too young to be taking those risks alone Lee would've been so mad at them.

Indeed. That's why I didn't like christas reaction

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members

To be fair, you have to grow up 10x as fast in a zombie apocalypse and Clem needs to know that someone will not be at her side 24/7. She needs to learn to fend for herself. Clearly they trusted her ability to take care of herself. I didn't see a huge problem with it. It's not like they sent her off on a day-long mission by herself.. she was checking a bathroom. If she can't do that by herself then she's in for a rude awakening if something were to ever happen to Christa/Omid...Which in fact... it did.

thelastpaul

thelastpaul

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCalifornia

To be fair, you have to grow up 10x as fast in a zombie apocalypse and Clem needs to know that someone will not be at her side 24/7. She needs to learn to fend for herself. Clearly they trusted her ability to take care of herself. I didn't see a huge problem with it. It's not like they sent her off on a day-long mission by herself.. she was checking a bathroom. If she can't do that by herself then she's in for a rude awakening if something were to ever happen to Christa/Omid...Which in fact... it did.

How about the fact that what happened to Clem could have easily happened to anyone else in those circumstances?

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left
Oh... Oh shit!
I finished this episode last night, and holy crap!

Seeing Omid die was the most heartbreaking thing ever... Damn.
Poor Christa, I said that I wished Omid was here and she gave me this look that just said: "I want to tear your eyeballs out and feed them to a zombie".
I can understand why people feel bad about the dog, but I do find it hard to believe that people are putting it up as one of the most upsetting scenes...
Do you find it easier to kill a dog than a human in this game? I guess it makes sense if the human is an arse, but still...
I do admit though that it was fairly sad, and I put the dog down. Bastard still took a chunk out of Clementine though.
I really liked the new characters, and pretty much all of them liked me, except for Rebecca. I made the friendship promise or whatever with Sarah, she seems nice, but
just a little immature for a 15 year old. Well, I guess she was sheltered for like, what? Two years?
In the end I saved Nick, sure, he couldn't shoot for shit, but neither can Tyreese, and look at how useful he was. Pete was nice to Clem, but he was bitten, and I'm
guessing he would have wanted me to save Nick. I just want to say this though, I hope Telltale doesn't pull another "Carly/Doug" on us and make them both die at the same time in a later episode. Let the character deaths be more open this time around.

All in all, awesome episode. My only problems with it were that it was a little short and the ending was abrupt... But that's it.

"There's no "I" in team" 

"Yeah, there's no "U" either. So I guess if I'm not on the team, and you're not on the team, nobody's on the God damn team. The team sucks!"

scarylala

scarylala

Roamer

• Members

I understand making her tougher but c'mon! Would you think it's a great idea for your group to take a pointless risk & split up 2 adults in one room & 10 year old in the other? It's their fault Omid died. If they had been together that girl wouldn't have been able to get the jump on Clem & she wouldn't have had a gun to shoot anyone.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

In the end I saved Nick, sure, he couldn't shoot for shit, but neither can Tyreese, and look at how useful he was. Pete was nice to Clem, but he was bitten, and I'm
guessing he would have wanted me to save Nick. I just want to say this though, I hope Telltale doesn't pull another "Carly/Doug" on us and make them both die at the same time in a later episode. Let the character deaths be more open this time around.

Nick doesn't die if you save Pete

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members

I understand making her tougher but c'mon! Would you think it's a great idea for your group to take a pointless risk & split up 2 adults in one room & 10 year old in the other? It's their fault Omid died. If they had been together that girl wouldn't have been able to get the jump on Clem & she wouldn't have had a gun to shoot anyone.

True I see your point. Obviously they weren't expecting that to happen...nobody can ever know when something like that is going to happen. Clementine DOES have to take some risks eventually and Christa/Omid need to let her fend for herself. She needs to be a contributing/beneficial part of the group, not a burden that Christa/Omid always need to be looking out for. They couldn't have known this would happen and if they had the mentality of "never let Clem be without an adult," Clem would never be able to grow up and truly learn how to take care of herself.

At Clem's age, It's little missions like checking a bathroom by yourself that she NEEDS to be doing in order to toughen her up. She can't expect to always have someone by her side.

You're right though, Omid is dead because of that decision... but alas they aren't omniscient.. They couldn't have known. They're trying to train Clem and they seem to be doing a damn good job. It was only a matter of time before an accident like that happened to someone within the group anyways.

scarylala

scarylala

Roamer

• Members
I think Christa blames Clem for Omid getting shot because it was her gun used & Omid went into the toilet to look for Clem. Which is unfair but I guess she just needs someone to blame

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

Nick doesn't die if you save Pete

Yeah, that is true (Played through it twice using two different save files from season 1) and in my second file I saved Pete.
Nick is probably dead on his own, though.

"There's no "I" in team" 

"Yeah, there's no "U" either. So I guess if I'm not on the team, and you're not on the team, nobody's on the God damn team. The team sucks!"

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left
Was Clem's gun taken away? I think from the look on Christa's face, it seemed as if she was annoyed that Clementine left the gun lying around, and then Clem doesn't have a gun after the time skip.
Did Christa take it? Does Christa still have it?

"There's no "I" in team" 

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Yeah, that is true (Played through it twice using two different save files from season 1) and in my second file I saved Pete.
Nick is probably dead on his own, though.

In the "Next time on TWD..." thing, you can see Nick back at the cabin if you save Pete. He makes it back

Was Clem's gun taken away? I think from the look on Christa's face, it seemed as if she was annoyed that Clementine left the gun lying around, and then Clem doesn't have a gun after the time skip.
Did Christa take it? Does Christa still have it?

I doubt Christa would let Clem be unprotected for 16 months, regardless of how much of a grudge she's holding. I was under the impression they didn't have any guns or ammo left

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
Hmmm in my game I never got the idea that Christa blames Clementine. At the conversation at the campfire Christa was still protective over Clementine. Clem says she misses Lee and Christa looks at her with a sad face and says, "I'm sure you do Clem."

Christa just seemed really depressed...but not because of Clem.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!