Zombie Animals?

- - - - - michonne horse horses walkers

itrain87

itrain87

Infected

• Members
  • LocationHalifax, NS
So I was thinking about some possible outcomes and scenarios, and I stumbled across the notion of Zombie Animals. Wouldn't it be cool if like dogs, wolves or whatever animal also got infected? What do you guys/gals think? It would make for some nice zombie kills.

Zachris

Zachris

Infected

• Members
  • LocationIndiana
On talking dead last night it was brought up and he said no zombie animals would be in the show.

Stan

Stan

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationChicago area
We talked about that on page two here: http://www.roamersan...-poop-spoilers/
"Step it up to Red Alert!"
"Are you absolutely sure, Sir? It does require changing the lightbulb."

DayWalker

DayWalker

Survivor

• Members
Like the zombie doberman pinchers in Resident Evil! That would be cool.

Jonathan

Jonathan

Lurker

• Members

Like the zombie doberman pinchers in Resident Evil! That would be cool.

If we supplanted that into a more realistic zombie approach, like Walking Dead, then it would also mean the end of humanity all together.
Voracious, unceasing wild animals who have a hunger for human flesh would turn the whole world into dinner.

ChatoyaKoi

ChatoyaKoi

Infected

• Members
  • LocationEssex

If we supplanted that into a more realistic zombie approach, like Walking Dead, then it would also mean the end of humanity all together.
Voracious, unceasing wild animals who have a hunger for human flesh would turn the whole world into dinner.

If they were zombie animals, wouldn't they eat their own kind? Like dogs eating dogs and cats eating cats?

Varanus

Varanus

Misfit Moderator

• Members
If anyone is interested there's a book called Empire which deals with EVERYTHING going zombie. Dogs, cats, rats, you name it. Plus the Grim Reaper shows up and he ain't happy about any of it.

http://www.amazon.co...y/dp/1934861022
"I don't wanna live again...no no no...I don't wanna eat your brains....no no no...as I die I pray the Lord my soul to keep...bury me deep"

-Left for Dead (RIP)

Jonathan

Jonathan

Lurker

• Members

If they were zombie animals, wouldn't they eat their own kind? Like dogs eating dogs and cats eating cats?

Maybe... but in TWD, we have human zombies eating anything that moves. So, if we assume that animal zombies exist, they'll also eat anything that moves.... including us.

Varanus

Varanus

Misfit Moderator

• Members

Maybe... but in TWD, we have human zombies eating anything that moves. So, if we assume that animal zombies exist, they'll also eat anything that moves.... including us.

Thats what went on in the book. Animal zombies eating other animals as well as humans. Just imagine the chaos.
"I don't wanna live again...no no no...I don't wanna eat your brains....no no no...as I die I pray the Lord my soul to keep...bury me deep"

-Left for Dead (RIP)

leon the pig farmer

leon the pig farmer

Biter

• Banned
  • LocationLondon
Then if animals can turn into zombie, this would open up the way to all life forms succumbing to zombieism, which would mean that amoeba and bacteria would turn to zombies then it would be impossible to survive.
But would be cool if dogs could only get the virus alongside man, which would explain how so many people were infected at the start of the plague.

"Hey fido's sick mom", bark snarl bite! double that a million times, rather than "hey grandpa's acting weird" oh its ok timmy just keep out of his way he's been dead for a week. or some such,,,,you get the drift...

Mazz

Mazz

Infected

• Members
There are many viruses and diseases which only humans can contract, and animals are completely unaffected or immune due to different physiology. This could be the case with the z virus, maybe only the human brain is infected. The human brain is much more complex than that of animals. That being said, is it possible primates could be affected by the z virus, being more physiologically related to humans than any other animal?

President Merle

President Merle

Biter

• Members
  • LocationReleased early for good behavior...
I was wondering, does the supposed Z-virus infect people only, or can it take animals too?

We know from the walkers in the barn that they'll go for anything that moves and is living (chickens), so if for example a walker bites a dog but the dog escapes, does the dog just die for good... or does it turn?

I haven't read the comics yet, so if there's something about it in there, please feel free to tell me... :)

DeathOrGlory

DeathOrGlory

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationHobart, Tasmania. Safe.
No, it doesn't.

Because if it did then everyone would be fucked. Imagine trying to get away from zombie birds? Humanity would last about a week if that was the case.

President Merle

President Merle

Biter

• Members

No, it doesn't.

Because if it did then everyone would be fucked. Imagine trying to get away from zombie birds? Humanity would last about a week if that was the case.

I was thinkin about that... good god with those zombie birds, I'd hate to go out that way (via pigeon)! ;)

Xfirekeenmike

Xfirekeenmike

Biter

• Banned
  • LocationSouth Texas mcallen area
You are missing the bigger picture. Silly humans. If dogs can catch heart worms from a mosquito then whats to keep us from catching a zombie virus from the like. Malaria, don't get me started.

President Merle

President Merle

Biter

• Members

You are missing the bigger picture. Silly humans. If dogs can catch heart worms from a mosquito then whats to keep us from catching a zombie virus from the like. Malaria, don't get me started.

Thinking about it, that's one of the reasons I asked the question. I think in the opening credits you see a crow pecking at the flesh of a corpse, and that got me thinking that surely if animals such as dogs or birds get hungry after a while, they might just eat whatever. So say they happen to eat contaminated corpses, surely they'd have the same reaction to it?

If this is the case, including infected animals such as canines, felines, birds, and horses, the world would be much more dangerous. But I am yet to see any animals (other than horses), either alive or undead in the show...

DerpinaKitty

DerpinaKitty

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationFlorida

Thinking about it, that's one of the reasons I asked the question. I think in the opening credits you see a crow pecking at the flesh of a corpse, and that got me thinking that surely if animals such as dogs or birds get hungry after a while, they might just eat whatever. So say they happen to eat contaminated corpses, surely they'd have the same reaction to it?

If this is the case, including infected animals such as canines, felines, birds, and horses, the world would be much more dangerous. But I am yet to see any animals (other than horses), either alive or undead in the show...

I always thought there was a little something more to that scene of the crows pecking at their food. It always seemed a little out of place to me that they focused on that. Idk if it was some kind of foreshadowing or what.
Shane - He was a loose cannon, but he was our loose cannon.

Kat

Kat

Biter

• Members
  • LocationPretty Much A Swamp
Geez, imagine what Daryl would do to a zombie squirrel. . . :P

Luke Schimmel

Luke Schimmel

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationMünchen & USA
I think no.
Spoiler

Everyone is food for something.
Now, I just need to find something that eats zombies.

DerpinaKitty

DerpinaKitty

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationFlorida

Geez, imagine what Daryl would do to a zombie squirrel. . . :P

Aww poor lil squirrels! He'd have a bunch of fun in my yard. They're everywhere.
Shane - He was a loose cannon, but he was our loose cannon.

DeadCave

DeadCave

Resident Scribe

• *Members*
  • LocationUtah

No, it doesn't.

I was thinkin about that... good god with those zombie birds, I'd hate to go out that way (via pigeon)! ;)

Hitchcock would have a field day with it!!

69% of the people find something dirty in everything they read.  http://http://www.gofundme.com/c66cv4

Ciren

Ciren

Biter

• Members
  • LocationLocation Location!
I've often wondered where all the critters are in this show. Besides the usual crows we see and horses Rick, Hershel and the group ride, there's not much else. A few ravenous chihuaha's(sp?) here and there, and some loose dogs in the city during season 1, but that's it.

Where's Milo and Otis and Fido and Lassie. Man's best friend? And puss in boots for him to snack on?

rumblepup

rumblepup

The Puppetmaster

• Administrators
The show's Z's typically follow Max Brook's The Zombie Survival Guide in the following: the virus only attacks humans, killing them but animating them from the reptilian part of the brain, making them want to eat everything in site, thus biting a victim and continuing the virus. The virus makes the tissue so toxic that normal predators like wolves, lions, bears, wild dogs,extra., don't want anything to do with them, however, they (the predator) is now on the menu. Dogs, cats, horses are scarce since they've been on the lunch menu. Now, it seems that for the show, they relaxed that rule a bit to allow for carrion eaters, like crows, to chomp up, but the virus is human only.

Merle Dixon

Merle Dixon

Biter

• Banned
  • LocationWoodbury Georgia
Brooks says in his zombie survival guide that the virus is toxic to other species. Meaning they would die if bitten and they would not re-animate into zombies. thats what i go by

BitBrit

BitBrit

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationNorth West England
I did notice the birds in the titles at the beginning after reading this thread.

Perhaps they r carriers of the virus.

That could account for breakout in numerous areas almost simultaneously.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!