Lack Of Forsight At The Vet Clinic.

- - - - - Vet clinic medicine meds hospital doctor

DominusPisces

DominusPisces

Biter

• Members
  • LocationFlorida
I get that they had a mission for some specific meds, but once they got all of those cillians and cins They still had room in the bags. Especially in Bob's bag of Booze Holding I would have emptied out every shelf in armfuls until there was no space left in my bags, just to have it in case they needed it.

Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray thee Lord these bites aren't deep.
Should I die before I wake, I pray thee Lord, my skull they break.

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis
I hear you loud and clear. When I was watching it last night, I said the same thing. I'd be grabbing a big box and using my arm to sweep all those pill bottles right into it.

Granted, I'm sure some or even a lot of those meds aren't safe for human consumption, but seems like it's better to grab now and sort it out later.

DominusPisces

DominusPisces

Biter

• Members
  • LocationFlorida

I hear you loud and clear. When I was watching it last night, I said the same thing. I'd be grabbing a big box and using my arm to sweep all those pill bottles right into it.

Granted, I'm sure some or even a lot of those meds aren't safe for human consumption, but seems like it's better to grab now and sort it out later.

But they were trying their hand at animal rearing. I'm sure SOME of those might come in handy.

Steph

Steph

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

But they were trying their hand at animal rearing. I'm sure SOME of those might come in handy.

Right. Not to mention that they have a vet there, who could probably take one glance at the bottles and be able to tell them what is safe to take, and what not.

Lioness

Lioness

Biter

• Members
The only thing I thought of is that they were leaving medicines in case others survivors were in need.
Putting out fire with gasoline.

Valleyaggie

Valleyaggie

Biter

• Members
  • LocationSouth Texas
Agreed. The shelves were filled with all kinds of meds and medical equipment. I would have been packing my bag as full as it could get.
"My mind is my weapon ... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." - Tyrion Lannister

Jayne23

Jayne23

Banned for sock puppeting

• Banned
  • LocationOhio
I would have in my mind that we are the only survivors they know or care about
I would have taken as much pills and injectibles I could.
If they could have found injectible pencillin and needles that would be best fastest way to
get meds into sick people over pills.

Lioness

Lioness

Biter

• Members

If they could have found injectible pencillin and needles that would be best fastest way to

I would do the same but based on their previous actions I think they might leave things for others. I think Shane and Otis only took what they needed when they went for supplies the night Otis was killed.

Steph

Steph

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

I would do the same but based on their previous actions I think they might leave things for others. I think Shane and Otis only took what they needed when they went for supplies the night Otis was killed.

The thing is though, is that medicine has a shelf life. Carol and Rick were talking about it when they were scavenging medicine cabinets. Not to mention that there's no saying another human being will ever step foot in there again.

I say take it all. They have a lot of sick people and will go through meds fast.

DominusPisces

DominusPisces

Biter

• Members
  • LocationFlorida

They were after equipment. Which takes up more room and could potentially be heavy, especially if they needed a full gas canister of something. Plus remember Otis and family weren't thinking in a survival mood really yet. They still had their big comfy home and stockpile of meds.
Also When looking for food they grab EVERYTHING they can fill in their bags and return to spots where they had to leave stuff, safety in mind.

Blasko_Z

Blasko_Z

Biter

• Members

They would need to find a way to sterilize those needles, or their problems could be compounded.

DominusPisces

DominusPisces

Biter

• Members
  • LocationFlorida

They would need to find a way to sterilize those needles, or their problems could be compounded.

If their seals aren't intact, same way they have always sterilized needles. Steam or dip in boiling water.

Lioness

Lioness

Biter

• Members

They were after equipment. Which takes up more room and could potentially be heavy, especially if they needed a full gas canister of something. Plus remember Otis and family weren't thinking in a survival mood really yet. They still had their big comfy home and stockpile of meds.
Also When looking for food they grab EVERYTHING they can fill in their bags and return to spots where they had to leave stuff, safety in mind.

I just think they take what they feel they need at the time. Would I do that? No. I'd take everything I could carry. You'd probably be stunned to see how many suitcases I take for a short trip. :)

Jayne23

Jayne23

Banned for sock puppeting

• Banned
  • LocationOhio
most syringes come with a cap covering needle Hell in the ZA sterile needle is the least of their problems
I would think I would think alcohol would help the needles. That could have been Bobs bs answer to taking alcohol
they should also be able to find simple alcohol

GirlsDeadMonster

GirlsDeadMonster

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNorfolk, VA
Right now they are on a time crunch there is no need to waste energy grabbing everything at once. Also, there may have been room but who knows what they have in those bags, you don't want to weigh yourself down so much that you can maneuver and run.
I don't have to outrun walkers, I just have to outrun you!
Highschool Of The Dead full 240316

Blasko_Z

Blasko_Z

Biter

• Members

Right now they are on a time crunch there is no need to waste energy grabbing everything at once. Also, there may have been room but who knows what they have in those bags, you don't want to weigh yourself down so much that you can maneuver and run.

Well, we know what Bob had in his bag, so there was definitely room in there. Hahaha

WalkerDub

WalkerDub

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationArkansas

I get that they had a mission for some specific meds, but once they got all of those cillians and cins They still had room in the bags. Especially in Bob's bag of Booze Holding I would have emptied out every shelf in armfuls until there was no space left in my bags, just to have it in case they needed it.

I recall Daryl telling them to just snatch and grab and let Hershel sort it out when they get back. Apparently Bob misunderstood what Daryl really meant. lol

Narren

Narren

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationOver there

Grabbing the extra meds that were already right in front of them would have added a very negligble amount of time and weight to the trip. There was no real reason not to do it, just an oversite on the characters (or more likely, the writers).

Double Tap

Double Tap

S-mart Employee

• Members

Yeah cause pills and plastic bottles are heavy. If they were in a time crunch why were they smoking and joking by the car and taking their sweet time to get through the hospital? If they were on a time crunch I don't Darryl would have spent so much time talking to Bob. They would have got their shit and left. They really should have filled those bags. No if ands or buts about it.

DominusPisces

DominusPisces

Biter

• Members
  • LocationFlorida

Yeah cause pills and plastic bottles are heavy. If they were in a time crunch why were they smoking and joking by the car and taking their sweet time to get through the hospital? If they were on a time crunch I don't Darryl would have spent so much time talking to Bob. They would have got their shit and left. They really should have filled those bags. No if ands or buts about it.

I think they were taking a smoke break while the map readers were plotting the course home. There was literally nothing for Daryl or Bob to do at that point while Michonne and InstaRage were playing cartographer.

Steph

Steph

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis
lol InstaRage

Lioness

Lioness

Biter

• Members

I think they were taking a smoke break while the map readers were plotting the course home. There was literally nothing for Daryl or Bob to do at that point while Michonne and InstaRage were playing cartographer.

Ok, That is my new favorite comment. InstaRage! I love it.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

I said the same thing to my BF while watching last night. They already know that there is a gigantic herd out there and 50 miles out is a dangerous trip. Take everything you can possible get.

Chinghis

Chinghis

Biter

• Members
The other question about the vet clinic (school?) is, why didn't they go in the way they came out? They seemed to have no problem just walking in to where they needed to go, so I was very confused about why they ended up wandering around, not knowing how to get out.

And, yeah, take everything you can. If no one has found the place in 2 years, screw it, no one's gonna go get it now.

Drunktard

Drunktard

S-mart Employee

• Members
While watching that scene my first reaction was "how nice of them, taking only what they need and leaving the rest in case other survivors go there looking for medicine". Of course on their place I would have packed everything I could, specially considering how difficult it was for them to get there.

Later on the episode they make it look like Bob didn't pack meds because he was packing booze, so I think they wanted the viewers to believe all their bags were packed full and they couldn't get anything else and that it was Bob's fault because he took the alcohol, even though it was clear for the viewers that all those backpacks had extra space in them to pack more pills if they needed more.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!