Photo

Daryl's Reaction & Actions Regarding Carol?

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

Lurwalker

Lurwalker

Roamer

• Members
  • 710 posts
  • LocationLouisiana
Okay let's go for it. How do you think Daryl will react one he realizes Carol is the killer and has left the group due to Rick?

I know that there will be strife in the group and I don't necessarily think it is due to the flu but to Carol being expelled. It made me think back to when Daryl left the group with Merle and told Rick Carol would understand. Will Daryl understand? Knowing that Daryl was disgusted with Bob he may be thinking that he is tired of dealing with those types and when the prison recovers from illness he may go out looking for her.

Edited by Serenity@sea, 04 November 2013 - 06:26 AM.

Lioness

Lioness

Biter

• Members
  • 1,049 posts
I would hope that Daryl would do more than just accept that Carol is gone and move on. I'd expect him to be upset, at least. Carol has been his friend from the start. He would have to experience some sort of emotion in order for the character to have any basis in reality. However, we are seeing the bond between Daryl and Michonne starting to develop so that may be the writers way of closing the door on his relationship with Carol. I don't know how he could go off searching for Carol since she drove away in a car. He'd have to be one heck of a tracker to find her now.
Putting out fire with gasoline.

WalkerDub

WalkerDub

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • LocationArkansas
I would imagine Daryl would be upset. To the point Rick finally comes out and admits why he banished Carol just to get Daryl off his back. I just don't see Rick returning to the prison and saying "hey guys, Carol's gone because she killed Karen and David".

Sweetsister

Sweetsister

Survivor

• Members
  • 4,058 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
I realy do hope Rick is truthfull about what Carol did and what he did, the main group who knows Carol are adults (save Carl and maybe Beth) I think they understand she was not stranded and was left with means to return if she so wishes.
Many folks think that daryl will not accept that Carol did not come back. I'm on the fence with this. I think Daryl will have an immediate reaction (I'm gonna get her Fuck You" and he may change his point of view after all the details really sink in. This isnt the Daryl of season 2 even 3 where his only real supporter was Carol. Daryl now has a connecion to more people and may not see the killing as justified. The new "colder" Carol may rub him the wrong way, he was shocked in season 2 when Carol did not want to attend Sofias funneral. Daryl was even able to hold back on his impulse to toss Bob to the Walkers. Daryl was distraught last season when he thought Carol dead, but loosing her to maulling Walkers is diffrent than choosing to let her go because he just can not stomatch what she has done/becaome. Some may say well what about Merle, at the end of the day we found out that Merle killed only after the ZA and at the behest of TG or to help the prison group. There are cases where family/friends become so divided on a topic that the friendship is no more it could be anything as small as a fight over a girl, over an inheritence, differing positions on the death penalty, civil wars etc.
In season 2 Carol had a bit of disdain for Daryl calling him Ricks henchman (as if she would never steep so low) and in the season 2 finale she told Daryl she wanted a man of honour...would she consider herself a person of honour now, would Daryl or anyone else.
The biggest test for Carol I think is can she live with herself after whats shes done (this new Carol probably), but can she live with others (friends) after what she has done knowing they know?
Posted Image

Lioness

Lioness

Biter

• Members
  • 1,049 posts
I thoroughly expect Rick to tell the council the truth about what Carol did and what he did in response.

Edited by Lioness, 05 November 2013 - 12:45 PM.

Rick's Hat

Rick's Hat

Lurker

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • LocationThe Outskirts of Crazytown

I thoroughly expect Rick to tell the council the truth about what Carol did and what he did in response.

Me too. It would be completely out of character if Rick lied about it.

Posted Image

GirlsDeadMonster

GirlsDeadMonster

Biter

• Members
  • 1,170 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, VA
Taking into account the way Ty acted when seeing Karen's burned body and how he told Rick to bring that person to him leads me to believe that Daryl will understand. Of course he will be upset and there may even be people who agree with what Carol did but the bottom line is that it wasn't her decision alone to make. They had the makings of a rudimentary government and should have been their collective decision to dispatch the sick. With Sasha on the council, Ty would have understood more than just someone killing them in the night. If Carol really thought she was doing the right thing then why didn't she say so? She told Rick that this could just be between them which means she has doubts that it was the right thing to do.
I don't have to outrun walkers, I just have to outrun you!
Highschool Of The Dead full 240316

Lukey

Lukey

Lurker

• Members
  • 388 posts
  • LocationCroatia
Daryl will be pissed off, he will despise Rick for doing this alone, after all Carol was his closest friend. Maybe he won't be pissed because of the sole thing Rick did, as he could see it as a right thing to do, but because he didn't get the chance to say goodbye.

Dr Cank

Dr Cank

Lurker

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • LocationWNC
^ Don't think Daryl will understand that Rick in many ways was protecting Carol?

not to mention protecting the entire prison population from additional strife.

ZedHead

ZedHead

Lurker

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • LocationStill waiting on a bus.
Rick was Carols friend from the start as well. She was there with his child and wife from the beginning (literally, they were on the highway together). I'm sure he will be pissed because Rick made that decision on his own, but he should understand sooner or later. I mean, this season he isn't very phased about Merles death so..

Valleyaggie

Valleyaggie

Biter

• Members
  • 1,843 posts
  • LocationSouth Texas
Daryl said that he would put a bolt into the forehead of the person who killed Karen and David. Being that it was Carol, I don't think he'd want to do that anymore. But Daryl was promising justice for their murders. I think Daryl will be shocked, upset, angry and pull away emotionally for a bit once her knows it was Carol who murdered them, but he will accept Rick's decision to exile Carol as what had to happen. Rick exiled her to save her life. He didn't trust her anymore and he refused to have her at the prison, but Rick did NOT want Carol dead. That's why he exiled her and didn't take her to the council.
"My mind is my weapon ... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." - Tyrion Lannister

Lukey

Lukey

Lurker

• Members
  • 388 posts
  • LocationCroatia

^ Don't think Daryl will understand that Rick in many ways was protecting Carol?

not to mention protecting the entire prison population from additional strife.

No, he will take this more personal, especially 'cause it's so sudden and Rick didn't talk to him about it before. He'll come back to prison expecting the best, he'll expect Carol to be there worried about him. It will crush him, but after a while he will realise why Rick did it and what were the risks if Ty found out.

ZedHead

ZedHead

Lurker

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • LocationStill waiting on a bus.
Just think it's a coincidence that you get to leave a prison when committing a crime

71Fish

71Fish

Infected

• Members
  • 95 posts
I know one thing for sure, he won't be happy.

Ananse

Ananse

Infected

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationGuam
I seriously hope Daryl's reaction is befitting of someone who has arguably been one of Carol's closest friends for what...a year and a half now?

I can't even begin to speculate as to where the writer's are trying to go with this plotline though:(

Gwalker

Gwalker

Infected

• Members
  • 23 posts
I would think his reaction would be a little similar to Carol's reaction when he left with Merle. She was upset but understood the reasoning.

Macilly

Macilly

Infected

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationMaryland
I think he will be pissed. Mad at Carol for killing those 2 (the reasons were sound but the action was questionable)... AND mad at Rick for basically acting just like she did (in terms of making decisions all by himself) when he could have brought her back and kept it quiet until the council got back together. I don't know why Rick would have to run to Tyreese first with the information. At this point we know that Ty, Daryl, Mich and Bob are gone on a supply run and apparently gone a little longer than expected. So, they could be dead for all Rick knows. Hershel is exposing himself to the sick doctor so will get sick too. The only person left at the prison with any medical experience ,which he just saw when she fixed the shoulder, is Carol.

I hope Daryl is mad at Rick but realizes there is no way to track her. I hope he says "She will be back" and basically pulls away from Rick over to Michonne.

Edited by Macilly, 05 November 2013 - 05:36 PM.

dammitdale

dammitdale

Infected

• Members
  • 29 posts
I don't know that he will be outwardly pissed. Daryl has emotions, but he keeps them pent up due to his upbringing. He may show signs of regret considering he offered to put an arrow in whomever the killer was, if caught.

Will he go after her? Dunno. My pet theory is that Carol unwittingly joins Martinez and later the Governor. She's never met them and wouldn't have any reason to suspect. If Daryl were to go after her in the wake of this it would make for interesting drama. Daryl and the Governor both have bones to pick with each other over Merle.

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Biter

• Members
  • 2,305 posts
  • LocationEye Socket
Since Rick was the only one who had a confession from Carol, do you think anyone will doubt Rick's word on this one? I don't really think so but it popped into my head just now so I thought I'd ask if it had crossed anyone else's mind.
Posted Image

Lioness

Lioness

Biter

• Members
  • 1,049 posts
No. I don't think anyone will doubt Rick.

I really hope Daryl shows some real anger over this. There was no emotional aftermath shown over Merle and if there is nothing for Carol than the writers creating cookie-cutter characters out of everyone but Rick. Rick was Mr. Emo-Overload for months on end. Oh, and Tyreese (a.k.a InstaRage). I'd like less from these two and a little more from the others.

Edited by Lioness, 05 November 2013 - 09:35 PM.

Jayne23

Jayne23

Banned for sock puppeting

• Banned
  • 545 posts
  • LocationOhio
I think he will be shocked at what she did and he will understand and support Ricks decision
He totally trusts rick more than anyone and will always have his back.
He knew Carols faults and weakness's

Narren

Narren

Lurker

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • LocationOver there

Since Rick was the only one who had a confession from Carol, do you think anyone will doubt Rick's word on this one? I don't really think so but it popped into my head just now so I thought I'd ask if it had crossed anyone else's mind.

Rick has told the truth even when doing so was a bad idea. He's a lot of things, but he's generally pretty honest.

The only exception I can think of wasn't really a lie, but he didn't tell the group what Jenner said about everyone being infected. That was deceptive, I suppose, and definitly a terrible call.

Lukey

Lukey

Lurker

• Members
  • 388 posts
  • LocationCroatia

I think he will be shocked at what she did and he will understand and support Ricks decision
He totally trusts rick more than anyone and will always have his back.
He knew Carols faults and weakness's

I think that would be waaaay too considerate, even for daryl. Maybe he'll realise after some time Rick was right but he gonna blow up when he hears it.

Jayne23

Jayne23

Banned for sock puppeting

• Banned
  • 545 posts
  • LocationOhio
The old darryl would have blown up but he has changed from when he blew up with leaving merle on the
roof.
we will see

Lukey

Lukey

Lurker

• Members
  • 388 posts
  • LocationCroatia

The old darryl would have blown up but he has changed from when he blew up with leaving merle on the
roof.
we will see

I'll bet you an upvote that Daryl will be pissed off at Rick, including yelling and/or attempt to harm Rick and/or breaking stuff screaming with rage. Do you accept this offer?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!