The Needs Of The Many

- - - - - survival Carol murder

Stan

Stan

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationChicago area
This is inspired by Carol's decision in the latest episode on tv. So, let's say you have two very sick people, whom, IF they die will reanimate. You don't know them very well, but are familiar with them, and they believe you have a position of authority or leadership.

The virus they have is contagious and has a high mortality rate. They have been quarantined and are contained away from all other survivors.

How large a group to protect do you feel justifies killing them in cold blood while they are weak and helpless to prevent reanimation or infection to other survivors?
"Step it up to Red Alert!"
"Are you absolutely sure, Sir? It does require changing the lightbulb."

BeardedOne

BeardedOne

Roamer

• Members
Waiting until they're dead is the right course of action, regardless if they are sick.

If they survive the sickness, then they could be used to develop anti-bodies to help the others.

That's pretty much how the Europeans kicked yellow fevers' ass.

lone star walker

lone star walker

Biter

• Members
  • Locationroaming the prairie
Yes, wait until they are dead.

Valleyaggie

Valleyaggie

Biter

• Members
  • LocationSouth Texas

Waiting until they're dead is the right course of action, regardless if they are sick.

If they survive the sickness, then they could be used to develop anti-bodies to help the others.

That's pretty much how the Europeans kicked yellow fevers' ass.

Agreed. It is exactly these decisions that separate men from savages. If you lose who you are in your effort to survive, is survival really worth it?
"My mind is my weapon ... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." - Tyrion Lannister

DominusPisces

DominusPisces

Biter

• Members
  • LocationFlorida
The many are composed of several Ones. If you are willing to sacrifice the One, then there is no many...as Rick said.. We all are the greater good.

Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray thee Lord these bites aren't deep.
Should I die before I wake, I pray thee Lord, my skull they break.

guessit

guessit

Infected

• Members

IF you can keep them around without getting infected yourself. but HOW to keep the virus from spreading, hmm? how to help them, feed them, get them water, without spreading the disease?

GirlsDeadMonster

GirlsDeadMonster

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

My way is to wait until those people die before destroying the brain. Morality is very loose in the ZA, you need to have some conviction to keep you grounded and by waiting until someone dies means that you don't have to struggle with the thought of killing them before hand. Even if they were sick with the flu, we don't just shoot people for being sick now, we quarantine them and try to prevent spread.

I don't have to outrun walkers, I just have to outrun you!
Highschool Of The Dead full 240316

guessit

guessit

Infected

• Members

yes, but where is this "ability" to keep them quarantined (and provided for) supposed to COME from, hmm? Have you got lots of plastic sheeting, gas masks, betadyne, etc,and the time, food, water, etc, to keep them protected from the rest of the world (and the world from them?)

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!