The Radio Transmission

- - - - - radio transmission season 4 daryl michonne bob stookey tyreese

hannsg

hannsg

Biter

• Validating
mil vehicles are gas guzzlers,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quickgt

Quickgt

Infected

• Members
Maybe the voice of some other group like them?.?..

feed_cantona

feed_cantona

Infected

• Members
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
What struck me was how far they are from home? No obvious indication.

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

What struck me was how far they are from home? No obvious indication.

Pretty sure they're about 50 miles from the prison. When they came on that huge herd, they were getting close to their destination already.

twdftw

twdftw

Infected

• Members
  • LocationHolland

Pretty sure they're about 50 miles from the prison. When they came on that huge herd, they were getting close to their destination already.

but if they were close to the destination why did daryl all of a sudden insert a cd

to me thats what you do when you just got in the car

57channels

57channels

S-mart Employee

• Members
Can anyone post what was said on the broadcast? I totally missed it.

Mrs. DD

Mrs. DD

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationIndiana

Can anyone post what was said on the broadcast? I totally missed it.

it's clearer in the promos for the episode, but if you listen really closely (I rewound a few times) it says, "those who arrive, survive"

tumblr_nwtdrwFfAs1uxhwb1o4_250.gif

57channels

57channels

S-mart Employee

• Members

it's clearer in the promos for the episode, but if you listen really closely (I rewound a few times) it says, "those who arrive, survive"

Thanks.

Chryz707

Chryz707

Lurker

• Members
Maybe its
Spoiler
. It could be. But I also think it could be
Spoiler

Valleyaggie

Valleyaggie

Biter

• Members
  • LocationSouth Texas

What does a post-apocalyptic vehicle look like, exactly? I always thought it would be whatever was working enough to be driven.

This but add shielding to the gun turret to make it more like a turtle shell. But in all seriousness, I think it is far more likely the radio transmission is an automatic message of some kind. It's been over a year since the ZA and the survivors have been without electricity since the beginning. With no electricity, people have not been broadcasting on the radio for a very long time. And if no one has been broadcasting for a very long time, there has been no reason to listen to it for a very long time. They are listening to CDs or MP3s. So if no one is listening for a broadcast, why would anyone bother to send out a radio message?
"My mind is my weapon ... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." - Tyrion Lannister

hannsg

hannsg

Biter

• Validating
The equipment required to generate a FM signal can fit in a suitcase and can be powered from car battery.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wasp

wasp

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationBay Area CA
To me it seemed like they intentionally made the broadcast clearer for the Season 4 comic con trailer. All I heard on the episode was "Sanctuary", which sounded like a garbled male voice. I think in the preview it was a clear female voice, and I heard "Sanctuary, those who arrive, survive".
This is a Lying Cat, and Lying Cats always play by the rules...At least they're supposed to.

Kush

Kush

Infected

• Members
I would be creeped out if I heard "...those who arrive, survive" in a zombie apocalypse. Might as well say " when you get here we will eat you or sacrifice you"

Valleyaggie

Valleyaggie

Biter

• Members
  • LocationSouth Texas

The equipment required to generate a FM signal can fit in a suitcase and can be powered from car battery.

Right. But why bother broadcasting at all? Like I said, there haven't been any radio broadcasts since the ZA went down. No broadcasts = no listeners. Why would you turn on a radio knowing there was nothing to listen to and all you are going to hear is static? And would you bother carrying said radio around with you and trying to keep a power source for it? I'm thinking not. So if no one is listening to the radio any more, why bother broadcasting at all? Basically, it's a desperate and futile attempt with a 00.0000000001% chance of having any kind of success. Just MHO.
"My mind is my weapon ... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." - Tyrion Lannister

Dr Cank

Dr Cank

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationWNC
I think this may be a first, but:

I disagree with Valleyaggie.

If I was in the ZA I think I would be checking FM frequencies. I believe it is a safe assumption that any well developed sizable and secure group would start transmitting on FM on the off chance that anyone was listening. granted I would probably try to triangleate and observe any location transmitting, rather than just running in headlong and hoping for the best. But, In a world where numbers are your best defense (super flu aside) radio is still a great method for transmitting information over relatively long distances.

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis
What about ham radios? I don't know much about them, but I know they have a pretty long range they can broadcast.

Valleyaggie

Valleyaggie

Biter

• Members
  • LocationSouth Texas

I think this may be a first, but:

I disagree with Valleyaggie.

/faints. And when I wake up, I respect your disagreement. :)

Chinghis

Chinghis

Biter

• Members
Yeah, i'd be hitting the "scan" button any time I was in an auto.

UltraAmbiguousID

UltraAmbiguousID

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationTonawanda, New York, USA
With subtitles...

"
... find sanctuary
... determined to survive
... keep alive..."

HockeyMike24

HockeyMike24

Infected

• Members
  • LocationOntario, Canada

To me it seemed like they intentionally made the broadcast clearer for the Season 4 comic con trailer. All I heard on the episode was "Sanctuary", which sounded like a garbled male voice. I think in the preview it was a clear female voice, and I heard "Sanctuary, those who arrive, survive".

Maybe the comic con trailer one was from a different scene in an episode that has yet to be released.
"There's walkers in the barn and Lori's pregnant." - Glen

chipsmcghee

chipsmcghee

No Longer Stocking Chips McGhee

• Banned

I kinda wonder what happened to all those miltary vehicles that woodbury had?
It is like no one said hey lets go get some good stuff. They could even park some of them around
inside of fence walls to shore up
they are zombie vehicles!!!

It is always possible they might get some use.

TrueSurvivor971

TrueSurvivor971

Infected

• Banned

What does a post-apocalyptic vehicle look like, exactly? I always thought it would be whatever was working enough to be driven.

Exactly what I was gonna say.

Patientzero

Patientzero

Infected

• Members
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum but a huge fan of Walking Dead.

I'm using my phone so can't hide what I'm about to type as a spoiler. So please do not read any further I you haven't watched the last couple of episodes.

Comic spoilers
Spoiler

Also, there has been a lot of chat about Hyundai not being a suitable ZA car. I kind of agree, however since Hyundai sponsors the show, it wouldn't matter if Rick and the gang rocked out of the prison in a souped up tank kitted out with barb fencing and machine guns and rocket launchers at every end, it would still have a Hyundai logo attached somewhere :b

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum but a huge fan of Walking Dead.

I'm using my phone so can't hide what I'm about to type as a spoiler. So please do not read any further I you haven't watched the last couple of episodes.

Comic spoilers

Spoiler

Also, there has been a lot of chat about Hyundai not being a suitable ZA car. I kind of agree, however since Hyundai sponsors the show, it wouldn't matter if Rick and the gang rocked out of the prison in a souped up tank kitted out with barb fencing and machine guns and rocket launchers at every end, it would still have a Hyundai logo attached somewhere :b

Welcome to R&L!, Patientzero

Even on your phone you can still add spoiler tags. Just type it like this:

Good point about the Hyundai. :D

BigEd

BigEd

Infected

• Members
  • LocationMassachusetts

Especially the Humvee which got its tires flat in the prison yard by the spike strips the Prison group made and was left behind. The truck in which the Woodbury soldiers left the prison is most likely abandoned on the road where The Governor massacred them.

Military Humvee tires flat? (I owned a set of Humvee Goodyear Military surplus tires for 8 years, 1st Gulf War surplus.)

Unless something has changed in the motorpool. There are a set of cast aluminum inserts that are bolted on the rim. If the tire goes flat (due to a gunshot), the insert will not allow the tire deflate more than 4-5 inches. The earlier Humvees also had an onboard air system so the tire could be inflated/deflated without having to get out of truck.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!