The Radio Transmission

- - - - - radio transmission season 4 daryl michonne bob stookey tyreese

UltraAmbiguousID

UltraAmbiguousID

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationTonawanda, New York, USA
So, the radio transmission... I don't know what to think, as it was so brief. I don't read the comics, but these seem like reasonable possibilities.

Is it a legitimate distress call?

A transmission from another organized group?

A decoy from the Governor?

Blasko_Z

Blasko_Z

Biter

• Members
We couldn't really make anything of what was being said out, which was likely intentional, but I think it will lead to a new group of people elsewhere out in wastes.

Comic spoiler
Spoiler

Dr.ChimRitchels

Dr.ChimRitchels

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationDetroit, MI
Could they have picked up a radio transmission between the Governor, and his mole (if there is a mole...), inside the prison?
Otherwise, I think it might foreshadow the arrival of a few highly anticipated comic characters- one, in particular- due to arrive this season. (It's been a while since I've been to R&L, can I say that, or too spoilery?)

MidgetNinja73

MidgetNinja73

Infected

• Members
  • LocationAustralia
It was very vague. I'm not bothering to predict until we get more information

GirlsDeadMonster

GirlsDeadMonster

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNorfolk, VA
To go all this time without any signs of civilization then to have a radio broadcast just out of the blue seems hopeful. But it could also have been just a distraction so Daryl wouldn't see that massive herd ahead. And is it just me or is anyone else glad the car wasn't a Hyundai. I know they sponsor the show but the cars just don't have the look of a post apocalypse vehicle.
I don't have to outrun walkers, I just have to outrun you!
Highschool Of The Dead full 240316

Blasko_Z

Blasko_Z

Biter

• Members

To go all this time without any signs of civilization then to have a radio broadcast just out of the blue seems hopeful. But it could also have been just a distraction so Daryl wouldn't see that massive herd ahead. And is it just me or is anyone else glad the car wasn't a Hyundai. I know they sponsor the show but the cars just don't have the look of a post apocalypse vehicle.

What does a post-apocalyptic vehicle look like, exactly? I always thought it would be whatever was working enough to be driven.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Could they have picked up a radio transmission between the Governor, and his mole (if there is a mole...), inside the prison?
Otherwise, I think it might foreshadow the arrival of a few highly anticipated comic characters- one, in particular- due to arrive this season. (It's been a while since I've been to R&L, can I say that, or too spoilery?)

That was very vague, so you didn't need to tag it.

General message

If you do reference specific characters or arcs, please remember to use the spoiler tags.
Thank you!

Blasko_Z

Blasko_Z

Biter

• Members

Just a reminder to tag your comic talk.

That was very vague, so you didn't need to tag it.

General message

If you do reference specific characters or arcs, please remember to use the spoiler tags.
Thank you!

When in doubt, spoiler tag it. I should have, but to me there was nothing to be gathered, information-wise, from my post, so I didn't think it necessary.

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
It's hard to be optimistic about the good intentions of strangers at this point in the apocalypse. I'm very suspicious about the message. It could be the Governor organizing more followers that way in an attempt to rebuild his army, or a group of raiders luring people into a trap.

It could also be a way of introducing new comic characters into the story

Spoiler

bamasaintsteve

bamasaintsteve

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationJasper Alabama
Could it be from the
Spoiler
?

Funion The Baba

Funion The Baba

Infected

• Members
It's a small army unit that is holed up in a large, walled estate outside of a large northern city. They like to treat their guests to spoiled egg omletes.

Don't look here: 

Spoiler

DominusPisces

DominusPisces

Biter

• Members
  • LocationFlorida
Maybe it's TG trying to draw more people to his cause and recreate a New Woodbury... maybe it's an established group from the comics about to make an appearance. For all we know it's a broadcast set on loop of people that have been LONG dead, and this is their unintentional memorial. Hell maybe it's the Fratellis or another one of Willy's booby traps.

Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray thee Lord these bites aren't deep.
Should I die before I wake, I pray thee Lord, my skull they break.

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

Could it be from the

Spoiler
?

Spoiler

Mrs. DD

Mrs. DD

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationIndiana
did anyone understand it during the episode? the only reason I knew what it said was bc it was clear in the promos, but last night I couldn't make it out at all....

tumblr_nwtdrwFfAs1uxhwb1o4_250.gif

Blasko_Z

Blasko_Z

Biter

• Members

did anyone understand it during the episode? the only reason I knew what it said was bc it was clear in the promos, but last night I couldn't make it out at all....

I didn't, at all. I was intently listening to hear what was being said, but I could not make it out.

bamasaintsteve

bamasaintsteve

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationJasper Alabama

Spoiler

I agree with everything you said I was just throwing it out there as a possibility.

Funion The Baba

Funion The Baba

Infected

• Members

I understood nothing in the scene last night and as you said, I only know what was said in the promos....

Don't look here: 

Spoiler

Jayne23

Jayne23

Banned for sock puppeting

• Banned
  • LocationOhio
since it was all gobbled and no words to understand I was more wondering why in the hell
was darryl having to be the one to find a radio station while michoone sat there/ might have stopped before wrecking into a hoard of zombies....
rule number 1 when driving in ZA watch the road....
remember olive oil did that season 2 while driving and looking at a map
They lose more cars that way.

Thierry88

Thierry88

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationNetherlands

since it was all gobbled and no words to understand I was more wondering why in the hell
was darryl having to be the one to find a radio station while michoone sat there/ might have stopped before wrecking into a hoard of zombies....
rule number 1 when driving in ZA watch the road....
remember olive oil did that season 2 while driving and looking at a map
They lose more cars that way.

Apparently Daryl isn't that perfect as he is shown mostly on the show. Imagine him driving on his motorcycle like that into thatherd, then he is a goner for sure, unless he borrows Tyreese' super powers...

bobafett4life

bobafett4life

Infected

• Members
does he always flip channels while he drives? i know normally he is on the bike, so maybe he was just excited to play with the dials

Jayne23

Jayne23

Banned for sock puppeting

• Banned
  • LocationOhio
I kinda wonder what happened to all those miltary vehicles that woodbury had?
It is like no one said hey lets go get some good stuff. They could even park some of them around
inside of fence walls to shore up
they are zombie vehicles!!!

Thierry88

Thierry88

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationNetherlands
Especially the Humvee which got its tires flat in the prison yard by the spike strips the Prison group made and was left behind. The truck in which the Woodbury soldiers left the prison is most likely abandoned on the road where The Governor massacred them.

HockeyMike24

HockeyMike24

Infected

• Members
  • LocationOntario, Canada
I think there was a scene in season 2 where Shane was getting a car ready because he was going to leave the group, he also heard something on the radio (Forgot what it was) that people ended up talking about on the forums here, but ended up being nothing...

I'm thinking this could be the same thing.
"There's walkers in the barn and Lori's pregnant." - Glen

Matt

Matt

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUnder your bed.....
I'm thinking we might be looking at a re-do of Wiltshire (since it was so poorly handled in the second season). The radio transmission is a lost message that would've been originally sent out prior to the community becoming overrun (ala Rousseau in Lost).

marquito42

marquito42

Infected

• Members
When you look for a ZA vehicle you should worry about 2 things....4-WD and good ground clearence.
I Don't think that the transmission will end up to be anything interesting but a device to crash the car.
And if this show was nearly realistic or smart in it's character behavior it would be a completley different show

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!