Should They Execute The Body Burner?

- - - - - bodies burned infection

DominusPisces

DominusPisces

Biter

• Members
  • LocationFlorida

But when Carol did that, Karen an David were the only 2 with symptoms, nobody else was sick (well that anybody knew of)...She thought they were the only ones that were sick so she was gettin rid of the threat. I mean lets be real, if Carol knew there were 20 ppl that were all sick, do u think she would have still killed Karen and David? Absolutely not! I think thats why she broke down crying because she killed them in an attempt to get rid of the flu but then found out everyone got sick anyways...

And she deserves every ounce of misery she puts herself through and what ever punishment the council decides to do. Patrick didn't get it from someone with symptoms. Anyone with an ounce of common sense should have realized that EVERYONE who had some small contact with Patrick the day before was exposed and a potential threat. Also once again. They were isolated from everyone else. Who the heck were they supposed to expose? Her actions were born of ignorance with faulty logic and NO real medical knowledge. She was NOT the one to make that decision. Once again. If she thought she was saving more people than would have died, then she's justified to kill anyone. Hmmm... one vocal and influential person says the knife school is bad. Better kill him. If he stops me teaching the kids how to use knives, they may die. I'll feel horrible... but at least the kids will be safe. When you go down Carol's road.. where do you stop redrawing the line in the sand? Where exactly does it stop being okay for her to kill innocent people for her 'good intentions'?

Maybe I was a bit far with execution. But sure as hell she deserves something heavy handed to come down on her head for this.

Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray thee Lord these bites aren't deep.
Should I die before I wake, I pray thee Lord, my skull they break.

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members

Cause they weren't threats. They were seperated off. Anyone they exposed were done. Had they died they would have been burned anyways. And if Carol really wanted to stop all threats, why didn't she kill hersel? She got close, handled them and contaminated blood. I guess she's above the greater good.

She
Didn't feel sick and hasn't gotten sick so obviously she wasn't a threat and wasn't actng above the greater good, but speaking of how many people did glenn expose tothe virus before he told people he was sick and went into quarantine? If you're not gunna complain about glenn doing that as acouncil member than don't complain about carol who's healthy, comming back into the fray.
Madam Scorpious <~<133€
http://nythe-scorpious.blogspot.ca/

jayde

jayde

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationCanada

Carl killed someone, Rick killed Tomas an Andrew (well locked him out in an attempt to kill him), Michonne killed the hermit --- they killed them because they were thought to be a threat. Carol knew Karen an David were a threat so she killed them! Although Karen an David didnt become threats intentionally, they were still a threat nonetheless...I dont see what Carol did any different than what everyone else has done

Tomas and Andrew were an actual sure threat, though, so was hermitman. Rick also didn't set out or plan on taking them out to begin with, he gave them every chance and the two of them wanted him dead from the start. They were no good but still got a chance and look what happened because of it.

Karen and David, however, seem to have been productive members of the prison group. By all accounts they were good people. The illness they had may have been a danger but it's a very different set of circumstances. If Karen and David refused to go into isolation and put up a fight to stay out in the open, then Carol's actions would have been justified. But that wasn't the case. With illnesses such as the flu (whatever kind this is), there's an incubation period of about 1-4 days, with the average being 2 days where it can be passed on...this is before any symptoms even show up. As a mother, Carol should have considered the fact that likely everyone around those two and Patrick had already been exposed and therefore killing them wouldn't make any difference in containing the spread of the illness. Rick and the others came to that conclusion, why didn't Carol? I believe she thought she was doing what was best and that killing them would end the spread of the infection but clearly she had a one-track mind the minute she found out what caused all the chaos in the prison.

If Sasha survives, which I think she will, then Carol is going to have this weighing on her for a long time because then the two of them could have very well survived this.

DominusPisces

DominusPisces

Biter

• Members
  • LocationFlorida

She
Didn't feel sick and hasn't gotten sick so obviously she wasn't a threat and wasn't actng above the greater good, but speaking of how many people did glenn expose tothe virus before he told people he was sick and went into quarantine? If you're not gunna complain about glenn doing that as acouncil member than don't complain about carol who's healthy, comming back into the fray.

The issue is NOT about Glenn's little bit of stupidity. This is about Carol's decision about murdering 2 harmless people because she couldn't allow them free reign. She exposed herself.. She should have, at the very least put herself in quarantine to make sure she didn't get herself sick. I mean... you seem to think.. better safe than sorry. Her deliberate decision to handle this not only was immoral.. it put everyone else at danger because SHE could have gotten sick next.

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members

The issue is NOT about Glenn's little bit of stupidity. This is about Carol's decision about murdering 2 harmless people because she couldn't allow them free reign. She exposed herself.. She should have, at the very least put herself in quarantine to make sure she didn't get herself sick. I mean... you seem to think.. better safe than sorry. Her deliberate decision to handle this not only was immoral.. it put everyone else at danger because SHE could have gotten sick next.

I was addressing your complaint that Carol re-entered the group after exposing herself to the virus, so don't dismiss it by saying it's not an issue when YOU made it a part of the issue by using it as a supporting reason to exile Carol. Glenn did the exact same thing, except he actually IS sick and he waited until after the meeting when he exposed healthy people to the virus before he quarantined himself, Carol would've been alone for several hours, long enough to ensure that she wasn't sick before meeting up with everyone else (also she apparently is too dumb to consider incubation periods so she thought if she wasn't sick by the time she finished burning the bodies, that she and everyone else would be safe) You complained that Carol was being hypocritical by exposing herself and not quarantining herself(also she probably took some precautions when committing the murder, considering she wore a mask around the sick people) and when Glenn who actually is sick exposed himself to everyone at the meeting, it's just a little bit of stupidity. you can't have it both ways, either your point about Carol risking the health of other after exposing herself, is an invalid reason to advocate her exile, or you should be just as mad at Glenn for putting himself above the health of others. Glenn knowingly risked the health of others, Carol did not knowingly risk exposing others. Also I don't hear you complaining about any other characters taking innocent lives, so what's up with that? You keep complaining that you wouldn't want to live on the same side of the fence as someone who is willing to kill innocent people for the good of the community, and you keep suggesting that if Carol is capable of this than she's capable of selfishly letting others die for her own safety, yet at this point in the show almost every core character has killed an innocent person or voted to kill a person that hasn't been proven guilty, last season, Michonne & Rick let an innocent backpacker die and later they took his backpack, for the good of the community and their safety, Carl shot a teen that surrendered, everyone left Merle locked to a roof (and the only person that cared enough to protect him was the victim of his racism), the rescue team killed innocent woodburians who were only guilty of watching the arena fights, everyone has blood on their hands so either they're all despicable untrustworthy and should be exiled, with the rule being that if you kill than you die or face exile, or everyone accepts that killing a potential threat is a new ugly fact that's necessary for the survival of the species.... Your argument would be more convincing if you actually applied all of your moral standards to the entire cast of characaters rather than a single character that you dislike. and here's a question for you, if by euthanizing Karen and David instead of waiting for them to die, Carol managed to stop the spread of the virus, would you still be absolute in your position? what if you had a time machine that could only travel to b4 ww1 and you had a chance to kill hitler before he killed anyone, back when he was innocent, would you kill him knowing murder is wrong and that he wasn't guilty yet or would you let 6 million Jewish people die?
Madam Scorpious <~<133€

DominusPisces

DominusPisces

Biter

• Members
  • LocationFlorida

I was addressing your complaint that Carol re-entered the group after exposing herself to the virus, so don't dismiss it by saying it's not an issue when YOU made it a part of the issue by using it as a supporting reason to exile Carol. Glenn did the exact same thing, except he actually IS sick and he waited until after the meeting when he exposed healthy people to the virus before he quarantined himself, Carol would've been alone for several hours, long enough to ensure that she wasn't sick before meeting up with everyone else (also she apparently is too dumb to consider incubation periods so she thought if she wasn't sick by the time she finished burning the bodies, that she and everyone else would be safe) You complained that Carol was being hypocritical by exposing herself and not quarantining herself(also she probably took some precautions when committing the murder, considering she wore a mask around the sick people) and when Glenn who actually is sick exposed himself to everyone at the meeting, it's just a little bit of stupidity. you can't have it both ways, either your point about Carol risking the health of other after exposing herself, is an invalid reason to advocate her exile, or you should be just as mad at Glenn for putting himself above the health of others. Glenn knowingly risked the health of others, Carol did not knowingly risk exposing others. Also I don't hear you complaining about any other characters taking innocent lives, so what's up with that? You keep complaining that you wouldn't want to live on the same side of the fence as someone who is willing to kill innocent people for the good of the community, and you keep suggesting that if Carol is capable of this than she's capable of selfishly letting others die for her own safety, yet at this point in the show almost every core character has killed an innocent person or voted to kill a person that hasn't been proven guilty, last season, Michonne & Rick let an innocent backpacker die and later they took his backpack, for the good of the community and their safety, Carl shot a teen that surrendered, everyone left Merle locked to a roof (and the only person that cared enough to protect him was the victim of his racism), the rescue team killed innocent woodburians who were only guilty of watching the arena fights, everyone has blood on their hands so either they're all despicable untrustworthy and should be exiled, with the rule being that if you kill than you die or face exile, or everyone accepts that killing a potential threat is a new ugly fact that's necessary for the survival of the species.... Your argument would be more convincing if you actually applied all of your moral standards to the entire cast of characaters rather than a single character that you dislike. and here's a question for you, if by euthanizing Karen and David instead of waiting for them to die, Carol managed to stop the spread of the virus, would you still be absolute in your position? what if you had a time machine that could only travel to b4 ww1 and you had a chance to kill hitler before he killed anyone, back when he was innocent, would you kill him knowing murder is wrong and that he wasn't guilty yet or would you let 6 million Jewish people die?

You mis-understand. I'm not saying Glenn's stupidity should be swept under the rug. I honestly need to re-watch the episode, because it looks like he was suddenly sick with no symptoms before, but if he knew and didn't tell anyone, then yeah something needs to be done about that. With Carol it's one more log on the fire for every OTHER reason she should be punished. And first off... the whole time travel thing is a ridicules straw-man to introduce to try to bolster your argument, but I'll play for the hell of it. There's valid reasons for killing him and not killing him. For: Duh.. 6 million people dead who wouldn't be. Not: You can always try to convince him to not go into politics. He is.. as you said at the time innocent of wrong doing also... Without knowing the repercussions of those 6 million people being alive who knows if one of them would grow up to be a worse dictator or if a woman who died in Auswchutz would now be alive to marry a man who, instead of marrying the woman he would have had the woman died in the holocaust, never has the child that would grow up to find the cure for cancer? Here's a scary thought. WW2 would probably have happened anyways, with the German people strangling under the weight of WW1, war reparations, and itching for payback and ANY way to stabilize their economy. If Hitler never came to power and never began his horrifying purge, what if all those scientists never left. What if all those Jewish scientists that fled Nazi Germany stayed in this new non-Hitler Third Reich and helped Germany build their nuclear bomb before the U.S. Wouldn't you let 6 million people die to keep these horrible weapons out of the hands of a vengeful, warlike and elitist people? Like I said we can play what if in time travel stories all day with a man we KNOW is going to commit crimes and it's a silly argument to bring up in this case.

Chucka

Chucka

Infected

• Members
It's funny but in a tragic way, we're all sitting here thinking of ways to punish Carol when it was probably Lizzie that killed them, Carol probably found her after and helped dispose of the bodies, it would explain there elongated hugging scene.

And why? Because she let Carol down not taking care of her father.

Carol probably didn't want to get in trouble as she doesn't know Rick knows about her self defence weapon classes with the kids. So its all big mess.

FulciLives

FulciLives

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA USA

I'm sorry what exactly do we know? Oh that's right absolutely nothing other then 2 bodies were burned. Were they alive? Probably not considering the screams that would have been heard. So what was their state? Dead after the flu did its deed? Dead again after Carol killed the walker versions of our poor people. Also explains why there would be blood on the door to the outside.

But if course the conclusion jumped to is that Carol jumped into two cells, all stealthy like, stabbed two people in their sleep, dragged their bodies out and burnt them? Right? Because if it wasn't that, she didn't exactly murder anyone.

Oh and on a side note, Carol would never lie right? Cover for a messed up little girl who could have done it in a mixed up state of thinking she was helping them along their way. And that would explain said girl being sick.... Hmmmm.... I mean she's never lied before in her life... Not like she covered up for an abusive husband or anything.

I think you nailed it. I noticed last week the one sister said the other was crazy (I forget the exact wording) and that reminded me of the ummm incident that happened in the comic book with the one young boy (you who have read it know what I mean).

So yeah what you are saying here resonates with me as a real possibility. Good call catching it and putting it together. It absolutely makes sense but I'm not sure I would have seen it myself without you pointing it out.
"When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth" - George A. Romero's DAWN OF THE DEAD

MayorofRacoonCity

MayorofRacoonCity

Infected

• Members

Execute? EXECUTE, really?

They brought back in MERLE. Gov´s right hand. THEIR ENEMY´s right hand. I bet that if he were alive, they would be all buddy-buddy now.

Why the hell would they execute Carol?

They didn't want Merle in the group especially Glen and Maggie. They didn't trust him because of what he had done. They only Tolerated him because of their trust and belief in Daryl who told them he would take full responsibility for anything he did. Merle also went on a tantrum telling his brother that they group looks at him like he's the Devil. Daryl also started to realize it wasn't going to work out with his brother being in the group and not willing to change so he choose to join up with his brother and abandon the group because the group rejected him. Then after the scene with the Hispanic family being stranded Daryl started to realize how much he changed and how much his brother hadn't so he decided on his own to leave his brother but Merles love for his brother made me want to TRY to be a better person. That led to him trying to save his brother and the group but mainly for his brother by doing what he thought was right and giving the Governor Michonne. He later started to grow a conscious and let her go. Even Michonne turned away from killing Merle like we all know she would have just because of Daryl. Merle knew the group would never accept him because of what he had done, and that he didn't want to ruin the good thing is brother had going. He knew he was a murderous screw up that hurt his brother so he tried to make things right by sacrificing himself to give his brother and his group a fighting chance. They never accepted Merle with open arms at all. They kept a watchful eye on him always. They only tolerated him because they respected and appreciated Daryl so much. If anything it goes to show how much Daryl means to them by them willing to put up with a murderous,thieving, racists, scoundrel like Meryl was.

MayorofRacoonCity

MayorofRacoonCity

Infected

• Members

I simply don't get all the Carol hate. the tone of this season has really impacted me as "can you ever come back from the things you've done?" Carol is not the first and surely won't be the last to kill people because they are a perceived threat. Rick did it, Carl did it, Michonne did it....idk. I'm not arguing in favor of Carol's decision or actions, but I'm not mad at her. I could understand if they remove her from the council, but exile her to outside the fences? stupid. execute her? absolutely freakin ridiculous. seriously.

Rick,Carl, Michonne, killed people because they had to make on the spot IMMEDIATE life or death judgement call decisions to protect themselves for the safety of the entire group. Even Carl killing the teenage boy is 50/50 who knows if he was truthfully surrendering or pretending just to surprise Carl and get the upper hand on him. Other than Hershels interpretation even that seen wasn't exactly clear. Carl was eager to help out but he also was protecting his baby Sister and the kid didn't drop the gun when asked so who knows it's not the same as premeditated murder.

The group had already come together to discuss how to handle the sickness. They already concluded a decision on how to deal with and that decision also came from the person the most knowledgeable about diseases the teams doctor. If they had agreed on a the best way to secure the threat of the disease by means of isolating the infected why on earth would Carol take it on her own to KILL 2 people, drag their bodies outside and burn them? The entire idea is sick and what's sicker is that these were people she lived with not just some randoms she didn't know or never saw before in her life like Rick's,Carl's,and Michonne's killings. It's just not the same circumstances at all. She overuled the Councils decision and killed 2 innocent people for really no reason at all because now an entire cell block is sick. That is EXACTLY why the Council discusses the course of action to avoid doing things like this. Now look what Carol's actions have done to Tyreese. It's torn the man apart, created distrusts in the prison, and destroyed any trusts they had for Carol. We no longer know what she's capable of doing. She also apparently not following the groups orders since she also went out on her own outside the fence and once again put herself in danger (I don't want to make big on that though it might have been guilt she was feeling).

The thing is though that Carol did something heinous that no one asked her to do. How in the world is Rick supposed to respond knowing what Carol did. Murdering 2 people and disobeying the group council is not something you just let slide.

They're obviously going to add in more details but you don't have that kind of emotional breakdown she did at the water barrels from killing 2 "already dead" walkers. That's the emotion you get when you've done something terrible and have to deal with the guilt of your actions especially when faced by a loved one of your victim. Thats' why I love this show man and Chad Coleman played the hell out of his role in that episode. I could feel his intensity burning through my TV screen when we saw him staring down everyone with his One good eye and his puffed up swollen eye that made him look like a mad dog waiting to attack someone. I got to hand it to him and Melissa Mcbride for playing the hell out of their roles in that episode. I mean this was a really emotionally intense episode.

twdftw

twdftw

Infected

• Members
  • LocationHolland
i dont know it this is already mentioned

is it possible carol just took the blame for this
that maybe Lizzie knived them ( considering she still has the knife )
and then carol saw it and tried clean up the mess

no way tyreese will off a child
and now that carol isnt fully responsible tyreese wont off her aswell

everybody happy

well, except tyreese then

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members

You mis-understand. I'm not saying Glenn's stupidity should be swept under the rug. I honestly need to re-watch the episode, because it looks like he was suddenly sick with no symptoms before, but if he knew and didn't tell anyone, then yeah something needs to be done about that. With Carol it's one more log on the fire for every OTHER reason she should be punished. And first off... the whole time travel thing is a ridicules straw-man to introduce to try to bolster your argument, but I'll play for the hell of it. There's valid reasons for killing him and not killing him. For: Duh.. 6 million people dead who wouldn't be. Not: You can always try to convince him to not go into politics. He is.. as you said at the time innocent of wrong doing also... Without knowing the repercussions of those 6 million people being alive who knows if one of them would grow up to be a worse dictator or if a woman who died in Auswchutz would now be alive to marry a man who, instead of marrying the woman he would have had the woman died in the holocaust, never has the child that would grow up to find the cure for cancer? Here's a scary thought. WW2 would probably have happened anyways, with the German people strangling under the weight of WW1, war reparations, and itching for payback and ANY way to stabilize their economy. If Hitler never came to power and never began his horrifying purge, what if all those scientists never left. What if all those Jewish scientists that fled Nazi Germany stayed in this new non-Hitler Third Reich and helped Germany build their nuclear bomb before the U.S. Wouldn't you let 6 million people die to keep these horrible weapons out of the hands of a vengeful, warlike and elitist people? Like I said we can play what if in time travel stories all day with a man we KNOW is going to commit crimes and it's a silly argument to bring up in this case.

Glenn's first scene of the day was him sick and I think he was hunched over the toilet, they even did some special effect to show that Glenn was sick. I'm saying that's its not another log on carol's fire because she didn't knowingly put others at risk, she was in isolation while/after commiting the murders and she would've known whether or not she was sick. If she had killed them midday and imediately went back with the group than your assertion that she was endagering others would be correct, but even so, she would've been unknowingly endangering the rest as she was unaware of incubation periods, but Glenn knew he was sick, and he went to the meeting knowing that and he took no precautions. SO if that's a log for Carol that's kindling for Glenn....I just used the time machine as an example of doing something immoral for the greater good. Your points about how the course of history would or wouldn't change are valid. You seem to be leaning towards not killing hitler in support of keeping the timeline the same, which means you would allow 6 million people to die for the greater good of our timeline, and Carol only killed 2 for the greater good of humanity.
Madam Scorpious <~<133€

Jgreenwood

Jgreenwood

Roamer

• Members
I don't think she should be execute or exiled, but I do think the next time she sneezes or has a bit of food or water go down the wrong pipe somebody needs to stick a knife in her ear and teach her a lesson.

DeadInDetroit

DeadInDetroit

Lurker

• Members

They didn't want Merle in the group especially Glen and Maggie. They didn't trust him because of what he had done. They only Tolerated him because of their trust and belief in Daryl who told them he would take full responsibility for anything he did. Merle also went on a tantrum telling his brother that they group looks at him like he's the Devil. Daryl also started to realize it wasn't going to work out with his brother being in the group and not willing to change so he choose to join up with his brother and abandon the group because the group rejected him. Then after the scene with the Hispanic family being stranded Daryl started to realize how much he changed and how much his brother hadn't so he decided on his own to leave his brother but Merles love for his brother made me want to TRY to be a better person. That led to him trying to save his brother and the group but mainly for his brother by doing what he thought was right and giving the Governor Michonne. He later started to grow a conscious and let her go. Even Michonne turned away from killing Merle like we all know she would have just because of Daryl. Merle knew the group would never accept him because of what he had done, and that he didn't want to ruin the good thing is brother had going. He knew he was a murderous screw up that hurt his brother so he tried to make things right by sacrificing himself to give his brother and his group a fighting chance. They never accepted Merle with open arms at all. They kept a watchful eye on him always. They only tolerated him because they respected and appreciated Daryl so much. If anything it goes to show how much Daryl means to them by them willing to put up with a murderous,thieving, racists, scoundrel like Meryl was.

Regardless if it was out of respect for Daryl or out of love for Daryl or whatever it doesnt matter. Merle was a cold blooded killer who killed plenty of innocent ppl (not for the good of a group either), kidnapped Glen an Maggie, beat Glen to a pulp an tried to feed him alive to a walker an they didnt kill him or make him leave the prison but Carol kills 2 ppl that were sick an gonna die within a few hours anyways in an attempt to stop everyone else from gettin sick an dying but they should kick her out or execute her? Thats ridiculous an hypocritical! Plus they love Carol an they didnt even like Merle!!

DeadInDetroit

DeadInDetroit

Lurker

• Members
The funny thing is, i think ppl are so against this an want her punished because its CAROL.!

What if Rick or Daryl did it? What if Rick thought "man this just isnt enough. I need to get rid of these ppl an stop this flu before it gets everyone sick an everyone dies" an he went behind the councils back an did what Carol did.... It would be a whole different ballgame! Obviously not all of you but i guarantee alot of you would be switching sides an sayin "well Daryl shouldnt have gone against the council but he was only doin what he thought was best for the group!" Lmao

DeadInDetroit

DeadInDetroit

Lurker

• Members
Also, im not using this as justification for what Carol did or anything but obviously everyone, including Carol, knew they were dead anyways...They would have been walkers by morning regardless if Carol did that or not. Again, NOT justification, just sayin they were gone in a couple hours regardless, not like they were gonna live long, happy lives.. (they were the first to get really sick, no antibiotics,etc). Of course Ty wouldnt want to believe that they were goners but Carol an everyone else certainly knew they were laying around to die, nothing was gonna save them. Maybe part of Carols reasoning was easing their sufferring also. I mean they were extremely sick an in alot of pain just layin there waiting to die an become a walker. Maybe Carol thought she was kinda saving them..?..

I dont believe they were locked into their cells (correct me if im wrong), sure the door to the cell block was closed...

So say overnight Karen an David die an turn. Next morning, Dr. S or Ty goes to check on them (maybe even Hershel!), they open the cell block door an BOOM, 2 walkers get him! Now there is 3 walkers in the cell block with an open door. An what do we have here? A repeat of Patrick, leading to more gruesome deaths.

Lioness

Lioness

Biter

• Members

The funny thing is, i think ppl are so against this an want her punished because its CAROL.!

You are right about this, I think. Although in my case, if I am quite honest with myself, I don't want her killed because it IS Carol. We hardly knew Karen and some of us, myself included, really could not have cared less about the character. But we know Carol. We know she was once a weak personality and has transformed herself through a variety of hardships and losses. We know that she is now an important member of the group and Karen and David were basically red shirts who were probably going to be dead from the infection within a day in any case. Up to that point, nobody who had gotten sick had survived and I can see why Carol thought she'd put a quick end to it.

However, had Carol killed Maggie, Daryl, or Glenn, my opinion would be very different, I am certain.
Putting out fire with gasoline.

DeadInDetroit

DeadInDetroit

Lurker

• Members

You are right about this, I think. Although in my case, if I am quite honest with myself, I don't want her killed because it IS Carol. We hardly knew Karen and some of us, myself included, really could not have cared less about the character. But we know Carol. We know she was once a weak personality and has transformed herself through a variety of hardships and losses. We know that she is now an important member of the group and Karen and David were basically red shirts who were probably going to be dead from the infection within a day in any case. Up to that point, nobody who had gotten sick had survived and I can see why Carol thought she'd put a quick end to it.

However, had Carol killed Maggie, Daryl, or Glenn, my opinion would be very different, I am certain.

Yea no doubt! Of course some ppl would feel the same way no matter who did it but i know ALOT would have a diff view if it was Daryl or Rick!

I have nothing against Karen or David. They def were good ppl an helped out the group. Its tragic what happened to them but regardless of how good they were or how much they helped, they were still a THREAT(imo), wether it be about spreading the flu or dying an coming back as a walker, a threat is a threat regardless if its intentional or not!

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis
I have to admit, my love for Rick would probably color my view if he did it, and I'd be coming up with every reason in the book to excuse it. Hell, I was a rabid supporter of Locke (from Lost), even when he did some of his crazier things.

Carol ranks high on my list of favorites though, especially since MM is an incredible actress and just nails the role. I really hope this isn't the beginning of the end for her.

Jgreenwood

Jgreenwood

Roamer

• Members

Also, im not using this as justification for what Carol did or anything but obviously everyone, including Carol, knew they were dead anyways...They would have been walkers by morning regardless if Carol did that or not. Again, NOT justification, just sayin they were gone in a couple hours regardless, not like they were gonna live long, happy lives.. (they were the first to get really sick, no antibiotics,etc). Of course Ty wouldnt want to believe that they were goners but Carol an everyone else certainly knew they were laying around to die, nothing was gonna save them. Maybe part of Carols reasoning was easing their sufferring also. I mean they were extremely sick an in alot of pain just layin there waiting to die an become a walker. Maybe Carol thought she was kinda saving them..?..

I dont believe they were locked into their cells (correct me if im wrong), sure the door to the cell block was closed...

So say overnight Karen an David die an turn. Next morning, Dr. S or Ty goes to check on them (maybe even Hershel!), they open the cell block door an BOOM, 2 walkers get him! Now there is 3 walkers in the cell block with an open door. An what do we have here? A repeat of Patrick, leading to more gruesome deaths.

The problem with this scenario is where do you draw the line? if you're willing to kill people just because they have a potentially fatal flu because they may die and come back and eat people, then what about the old? What is the maximum age you're willing to allow people to live before putting them down? What about the physically or mentally disabled? Does killing them become justified because they present a risk to the community by potentially slowing them down in an emergency? Babies are loud, and can attract zombies with their cries, do you kill all babies or just mandate surgeries to remove their ability to generate sounds and create a silent society?

Darylrocks

Darylrocks

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationEdmond,ok

But when Carol did that, Karen an David were the only 2 with symptoms, nobody else was sick (well that anybody knew of)...She thought they were the only ones that were sick so she was gettin rid of the threat. I mean lets be real, if Carol knew there were 20 ppl that were all sick, do u think she would have still killed Karen and David? Absolutely not! I think thats why she broke down crying because she killed them in an attempt to get rid of the flu but then found out everyone got sick anyways...

I so agree with you on this. At the time she only knew of those 2 being sick. She gets rid of the risk and then realizes that others are sick and then she realizes that she messed up. Hell Rick was going to kill Randal for what he might or might not do and the group was fine with it. Rick killed Dave and Tony and Hershel and Glenn were fine with it. Now Carol does the same thing for the group and people want her strung up and beat. Crazy!!!!

Jgreenwood

Jgreenwood

Roamer

• Members

I so agree with you on this. At the time she only knew of those 2 being sick. She gets rid of the risk and then realizes that others are sick and then she realizes that she messed up. Hell Rick was going to kill Randal for what he might or might not do and the group was fine with it. Rick killed Dave and Tony and Hershel and Glenn were fine with it. Now Carol does the same thing for the group and people want her strung up and beat. Crazy!!!!

At that point in time only Patrick and the pig had died from the sickness. And Rick had seen a walker who looked like maybe he could have as well. Assuming that everyone who got it would die was pure speculation at that point. So, Carol killed 2 people who could have been ok within a few days.

Also, Rick killed Dave and Tony because the one behind the bar(forget which is which) went for his gun. That was a justified kill or be killed situation and Randal being part of their group couldn't be trusted because of that. Not saying I would have advocated for his murder, but I can see the logic there. And at least they had a discussion and brought it to everyone's attention before doing anything.

Lioness

Lioness

Biter

• Members

The problem with this scenario is where do you draw the line? if you're willing to kill people just because they have a potentially fatal flu because they may die and come back and eat people, then what about the old? What is the maximum age you're willing to allow people to live before putting them down? What about the physically or mentally disabled? Does killing them become justified because they present a risk to the community by potentially slowing them down in an emergency? Babies are loud, and can attract zombies with their cries, do you kill all babies or just mandate surgeries to remove their ability to generate sounds and create a silent society?

I think some people will do what they think they need to do in order to survive. I am pretty sure just about every early civilization was fairly ruthless in their time. Much of it was due to ignorance, but they also had the same companions we grapple with today; greed, hate, fear, suspicion, and envy. Crops dying, sickness, lack of water, all of these thing will impact people and make them behave in a way one might never expect. A few years ago we had a huge ice storm in the NE. People were without power for two weeks. I saw some people selling generators on the side of the road for 3 times their retail value. Imagine what they would do in a ZA. Other people were going door to door asking if anyone needed help and inviting them to their homes where they had resources. Crisis brings out the best and the worst in people. And isn't what this show is about? How far people are willing to go to survive? We are looking at the possible extinction of the human race. At some point people may say, it isn't worth it. I won't do that. Let it die out. Others will say I'll do whatever it takes to keep going.

Lioness

Lioness

Biter

• Members

At that point in time only Patrick and the pig had died from the sickness. And Rick had seen a walker who looked like maybe he could have as well. Assuming that everyone who got it would die was pure speculation at that point. So, Carol killed 2 people who could have been ok within a few days.

Also, Rick killed Dave and Tony because the one behind the bar(forget which is which) went for his gun. That was a justified kill or be killed situation and Randal being part of their group couldn't be trusted because of that. Not saying I would have advocated for his murder, but I can see the logic there. And at least they had a discussion and brought it to everyone's attention before doing anything.

There was another guy, a sleepwalker, who also died of the disease around the same time as Patrick.

DominusPisces

DominusPisces

Biter

• Members
  • LocationFlorida

Glenn's first scene of the day was him sick and I think he was hunched over the toilet, they even did some special effect to show that Glenn was sick. I'm saying that's its not another log on carol's fire because she didn't knowingly put others at risk, she was in isolation while/after commiting the murders and she would've known whether or not she was sick. If she had killed them midday and imediately went back with the group than your assertion that she was endagering others would be correct, but even so, she would've been unknowingly endangering the rest as she was unaware of incubation periods, but Glenn knew he was sick, and he went to the meeting knowing that and he took no precautions. SO if that's a log for Carol that's kindling for Glenn....I just used the time machine as an example of doing something immoral for the greater good. Your points about how the course of history would or wouldn't change are valid. You seem to be leaning towards not killing hitler in support of keeping the timeline the same, which means you would allow 6 million people to die for the greater good of our timeline, and Carol only killed 2 for the greater good of humanity.

Actually I'm a Sci Fi Nerd and have seen enough time travel stories to know that Father Time will jack you up fierce if you screw with him. :P In all reality, the reasons I said all the Don't Kill Hitler points was because we can think of a thousand reasons to off him given the chance. Very few people would stop to think of reasons and unintended consequences to spare him. Also it happened in the past... everything that happened since has helped shape the world I know today. IF someone came from the future and said we had to kill someone to stop a new holocaust. I wouldn't do it. His past is MY future which is constantly changed by my present decisions. My future is not set in stone. Hitler we KNOW he's guilty. There is no question about it because it's my past. In all honesty if I was the one displayed temporally 'I' would have killed him and took my chance that Time wouldn't get too twisted in the vacuum that would result. 4th Dimensional justice is a weird and sticky situation, killing someone who IS innocent at the time even though you know he WILL be guilty of something heinous later. There are reasons to to ddo something overt.. do something subtly or do nothing

Back On topic: You are very correct. It is kindling for Glenn. Which is smaller and burns less than a log. I really don't think What Carol did is that big of a deal... exposure wise. It just shows what another potential consequence she may have not considered due to her actions. In her haste to 'fix' this problem, she may have inadvertently caused it. HA! Just like the Pogo Paradox where if you travel back in time to stop something... YOU are the one that ends up causing it to happen from your interference. (Assuming she isn't simply covering for someone. We are taking the show at face value here.)

Tell me though. What point would it be to kill 2 people locked in a cell separated from everyone else? What train of logic shows that K and D were a threat to anyone at that point? If dead in the morning, stab their walker selves through the bars. Also it wouldn't matter who it was. I'd be calling for some kind of harsh punishment. What would you all do if one of the Red Shirts killed Carol and Glenn in Iso if they were the first to show symptoms?

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!