Should They Execute The Body Burner?

- - - - - bodies burned infection

MayorofRacoonCity

MayorofRacoonCity

Infected

• Members
The problem is Carol acted on her own and committed a crime that goes against the groups principles. She killed two living people just to secure what she deemed as a threat. They had already met and discussed the course of action and they decided to isolate them. The Council was created so that everyone would have a say so and they all could communicate for the good of the group and the other survivors. Carol went behind their backs and did something that wasn't even necessary. It be different if she murdered them out of haste to protect an immediate threat but they weren't a threat and the decision on how to handle the situation had already been made.

I'll be honest and say I never did like carol as I felt she never brought anything to the table other than being needy all the time throughout the series but this last act once again is her throwing a monkey wrench in an already bad situation. It seems like no matter what Carol can't either seem to stay out of trouble or keep from putting other people in danger at her expense. This time it's different though she killed 2 people that may or may not have survived. She went against the groups politics and did a crime behind their backs. This IS going to tear the group apart when the others find out because I'm sure Rick will have to tell them at some point.

Carol in the meantime obviously can't be trusted. Aside from her oddball behavior with the 2 girls and how she handled that this is her going way to far. She's in that Shane position now where Rick has to keep a watchful eye on her. If she stays with the group what will happen in the future when something dangerous comes up and she decides to act alone before any of them talk on it or after they talk on it? and it puts the group in more danger. What if she decides to kill more living people to avoid a future potential threat when really they were no danger at all. You just can't let her slide because she's "carol". She's not harmless and she's not innocent. She lost that when she murdered two people with the greater good in mind. Just remember the road to hell is paved with good intentions. She apparently willingly took the lives of two people that wanted to live. Who would want to sleep under the same roof as someone like that?

That last scene with her confessing and how emotionless she was shows how truly how emotionally detached she's becoming from her actions. That crazy conversation where she's telling Lizzy "She's weak" and all that jazz was completely wrong for an adult to do. That kind of hinted something was wrong with her. I can't wait till next week to see how Rick handles Carol.

DominusPisces

DominusPisces

Biter

• Members
  • LocationFlorida

I feel like you are interpreting her actions as malicious. They weren't. She took a drastic, horrific step to try to contain the infection. I am not condoning her actions, I'm trying to wrap my head around her thought process. At the time, she probably thought the infection was 100% deadly. She mistakenly thought that if she killed them and burned their bodies, the infection would be contained and that would be the end of it.
The actions you are describing (pushing someone down the steps, human shield) are much more selfish and would be for self preservation. I do believe that Carol had the best interest of the group at heart. She wrongly thought she had to sacrifice them for the good of the group.

I think it will be much more interesting to keep Carol around, so we can watch the fallout and what this does to the group dynamic.

I don't think it much matters if Carol's intentions were good or not. ( I personally don't believe it was malicious she was acting for what she 'thought' was the greater good.. I just disagree with her and would NEVER trust her after this ) What matters is what would gen pop do? What would you do If you were Karen's Father, Brother, Son or Lover when this came out? Like I said... one trip, push or door close later and your ( in your mind ) murdered lover or relative is avenged.

Also Rick HAS to tell the council. If he doesn't give them the culprit the group will tear itself apart, because you KNOW Tyreese will tell EVERYONE how there's a killer in their midst's and the council does nothing to find and punish them. No one will trust each other.. accusations will fly and the group will lose all cohesion. OH Gods... it'll be even worse if they find out it was Carol and do nothing or just kick her off the council. There will be civil war if they FIND the person and not punish them.

And who knows what thoughts run around in a child's head that's been messed up in the ZA? It's plausible (Not certain), especially that we know lizzie.. kinda feels for the walkers that she may feel Carol is just as capable of being loved as one.

Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray thee Lord these bites aren't deep.
Should I die before I wake, I pray thee Lord, my skull they break.

Mrs. DD

Mrs. DD

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationIndiana
I simply don't get all the Carol hate. the tone of this season has really impacted me as "can you ever come back from the things you've done?" Carol is not the first and surely won't be the last to kill people because they are a perceived threat. Rick did it, Carl did it, Michonne did it....idk. I'm not arguing in favor of Carol's decision or actions, but I'm not mad at her. I could understand if they remove her from the council, but exile her to outside the fences? stupid. execute her? absolutely freakin ridiculous. seriously.

tumblr_nwtdrwFfAs1uxhwb1o4_250.gif

Mrs. DD

Mrs. DD

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationIndiana
people were all like, "yay Merle!!" and he was a murdering, racist douchebag at the right hand of a psychopath...and people are hating on carol?? I just don't get it.

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis
I don't think they're necessarily hating on Carol, but just feel a major loss of trust. Even as a fan, you can feel betrayed when a trusted character does something like this. She murdered two innocent people - that is shocking no matter how you try to spin it.

Also, when Rick killed Tomas it was right after Tomas tried to kill him not just once, but multiple times. It's not like Rick plotted a murder, which is exactly what Carol did. Even Carl's actions can be slightly excused when he shot and killed that kid last season, it was shortly after a hot gun fight after all. Carl didn't calulate a murder.

I've liked Carol from the start and she's been one of my favorites from early on in S1, with my favourite character arc of the show. I was shocked at what she did and can't wait to see the fallout of her actions.

Mrs. DD

Mrs. DD

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationIndiana

I don't think they're necessarily hating on Carol, but just feel a major loss of trust. Even as a fan, you can feel betrayed when a trusted character does something like this. She murdered two innocent people - that is shocking no matter how you try to spin it.

Also, when Rick killed Tomas it was right after Tomas tried to kill him not just once, but multiple times. It's not like Rick plotted a murder, which is exactly what Carol did. Even Carl's actions can be slightly excused when he shot and killed that kid last season, it was shortly after a hot gun fight after all. Carl didn't calulate a murder.

I've liked Carol from the start and she's been one of my favorites from early on in S1, with my favourite character arc of the show. I was shocked at what she did and can't wait to see the fallout of her actions.

I haven't lost any trust in her. I think I trust her more because she had the wherewithal to think about get actions rather than snap in the heat of the moment. she's not a bad person. I'm not agreeing with the killings, but she didn't do it out of malice or hate or anything personally negative. she did it as a monumental act of hope to try to save more from getting sick. I can't be mad at that.

ZedHead

ZedHead

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationStill waiting on a bus.
Carol shouldn't be executed. She did what she thought would help the prison group. Remember last season, Carl shot that kid from Woodbury "for what he thought was right". Carl got his gun taken away, but why should Carol be executed for trying to help everyone?

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis
I think she did snap in the heat of the moment when she killed two innocent people, though. There was a plan in place from the council, a council she is a part of, yet she felt the need to act on her own and murder two people. Not a person high on my list to trust any longer...though I don't think she's some cold blooded killer as I do think she thought she was acting for the good of the group.

You can see she is now struggling with what she did and coming undone from it.

laughingdead

laughingdead

S-mart Employee

• Members

I'm sorry what exactly do we know? Oh that's right absolutely nothing other then 2 bodies were burned. Were they alive? Probably not considering the screams that would have been heard. So what was their state? Dead after the flu did its deed? Dead again after Carol killed the walker versions of our poor people. Also explains why there would be blood on the door to the outside.

But if course the conclusion jumped to is that Carol jumped into two cells, all stealthy like, stabbed two people in their sleep, dragged their bodies out and burnt them? Right? Because if it wasn't that, she didn't exactly murder anyone.

Oh and on a side note, Carol would never lie right? Cover for a messed up little girl who could have done it in a mixed up state of thinking she was helping them along their way. And that would explain said girl being sick.... Hmmmm.... I mean she's never lied before in her life... Not like she covered up for an abusive husband or anything.

Cool, crazy kid kills the two how took out her Zombie BFF Nick.

Shadazar

Shadazar

Infected

• Members
Mrs. DD, why do you condone murder just because its your favorite character? Rick is one of my favorites, but there were plenty of times when I threw a shoe at the tv or wanted to wring his neck for many of the choices he has made. Carol made a decision that was wrong, because she thought she was right, but did it in secret because it was murder and she knew the council would not agree to it. Question, if she really thought this was the only way from a medical standpoint, why didn't she consult the dr. and the vet? Because she was playing god and really thought she was the only one that knew better than even them? And you still insist she was thinking clearly? I did not even do that with Rick or daryl when they did something wrong. When they are wrong, they are wrong! Murder of 2 innocent, sick people not in a position to defend themselves not even given a chance is wrong! Should Carol be punished for her arrogance and recklessness, yes! Executed or exiled, no.

Jon W

Jon W

Lurker

• Members
No, they shouldn’t execute the Body Burner.

I’m going to predict that Rick does not even admit to knowing for a number of episodes. He cares too much about Carol and he knows that something like this coming out would have *huge* implications on the unity of the group (a council member murders sick people in the middle of the night for ‘the good of the group’? Nervous making).

This secret is going to be one of the big plot threads for the season.

That being said, I now no longer expect Carol to live through this season. I think the guilt she feels will destroy her.

Mrs. DD

Mrs. DD

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationIndiana

Mrs. DD, why do you condone murder just because its your favorite character? Rick is one of my favorites, but there were plenty of times when I threw a shoe at the tv or wanted to wring his neck for many of the choices he has made. Carol made a decision that was wrong, because she thought she was right, but did it in secret because it was murder and she knew the council would not agree to it. Question, if she really thought this was the only way from a medical standpoint, why didn't she consult the dr. and the vet? Because she was playing god and really thought she was the only one that knew better than even them? And you still insist she was thinking clearly? I did not even do that with Rick or daryl when they did something wrong. When they are wrong, they are wrong! Murder of 2 innocent, sick people not in a position to defend themselves not even given a chance is wrong! Should Carol be punished for her arrogance and recklessness, yes! Executed or exiled, no.

I'm not condoning anything actually, if you read my posts. also, Carol isn't my fave character, again if you had read my posts. I identify with Carol more than any other character bc we have similar pasts...and I know the struggle she's gone through. I can imagine the things we have in common with the additional stress of the ZA on top of that. so yes, I absolutely trust her because I believe her heart and her intentions are good, even if the actions are wrong.

I'm not really sure how to explain myself more clearly than I have previously. she did what she felt was right. I'm not condoning her actions, but compared to the ruthless, pointless murders than other characters have committed I can't find it in my heart to feel like she needs to be executed, FFS. Rick asked her if there was anything she wouldn't do for the people at the prison. she responded "no". again, let me emphasize, I'm NOT applauding her actions, but she's not a cold-hearted murderer, no, the gov is a cold-hearted murderer. she showed regret (when speaking with Tyreese and knocking over the water jug) so she's obviously not a sociopath. I think she would go to any lengths to protect the people she cares about most, which is why I still trust her. she obviously feels like she didn't do enough to protect Sophia and possibly even enough to protect herself during season 2, so she's overcompensated by taking too much into her own hands. again, NOT saying it's right, but saying I can understand and see her PoV.

ElloraDixon

ElloraDixon

S-mart Employee

• Members
Execute? EXECUTE, really?

They brought back in MERLE. Gov´s right hand. THEIR ENEMY´s right hand. I bet that if he were alive, they would be all buddy-buddy now.

Why the hell would they execute Carol?

Mrs. DD

Mrs. DD

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationIndiana

Execute? EXECUTE, really?

They brought back in MERLE. Gov´s right hand. THEIR ENEMY´s right hand. I bet that if he were alive, they would be all buddy-buddy now.

Why the hell would they execute Carol?

exactly. if they were to even entertain the idea of executing Carol I will lose serious trust and respect for them.

Valleyaggie

Valleyaggie

Biter

• Members
  • LocationSouth Texas

Carol shouldn't be executed. ... Carl got his gun taken away (for shooting an innocent person).

Exactly. Carol's actions were rational and logical, but morally wrong. However, I don't think execution will remotely be on the table when the survivors of the illness are discussing the consequences of Carol's actions. As Rick said, "We don't kill the living." I predict that Rick will let her off lightly, which will cause a rift in the group and separate the surviving Woodbury people from the original Grimes Gang.
"My mind is my weapon ... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." - Tyrion Lannister

DominusPisces

DominusPisces

Biter

• Members
  • LocationFlorida

I simply don't get all the Carol hate. the tone of this season has really impacted me as "can you ever come back from the things you've done?" Carol is not the first and surely won't be the last to kill people because they are a perceived threat. Rick did it, Carl did it, Michonne did it....idk. I'm not arguing in favor of Carol's decision or actions, but I'm not mad at her. I could understand if they remove her from the council, but exile her to outside the fences? stupid. execute her? absolutely freakin ridiculous. seriously.

people were all like, "yay Merle!!" and he was a murdering, racist douchebag at the right hand of a psychopath...and people are hating on carol?? I just don't get it.

Yes because Carol's perception is the only one that matters? Her irresponsible actions led to her killing people she shouldn't have. A simple talk with the council (That included someone with medical knowledge) would have revealed killing them wouldn't have done a damned bit of good. Even if you have good intentions you are still held accountable for the results of your actions.
Rick has NEVER killed anyone who didn't pose a threat via violence. Dave and Tony were obviously about to draw. Shane had a gun trained on him. Tomas had just tried to kill him Twice.
Micchone killed one scared person, because if he was allowed to complete his action They all would die. (Cabin Redneck who was going to open the door and let a Vomit of Zombies in) While I don't agree with her action I can understand something like that in the heat of the moment. (K and D however were already in isolation and had exposed the people they were going to. The heat of the moment was already gone)
Carl killed a kid... was he wrong? After watching the episode a second time... I don't know. Does he deserve a severe punishment? Not more than what was done. He gunned down someone with a gun who came with the intent to kill them. Carl was a young kid who was more than likely scared and given the task of protecting people. He had no obligation to the person he shot ( Who once again came to kill them all) Carol however still had an obligation to K and D because they were part of the group AND were pulling their weight.

Why did I like Merle and not Carol? Merle was honest ( in what he was at least)... there was no question where you stood with him. He would tell you how it was. Carol has become like a black widow with all these secrets. Now.. as people I dislike them both. I would NEVER let Merle join the group if I was with them. Fuck his racist, one handed ass. Now with Carol, she can go to hell. I would NEVER sleep under the same roof as her. But as characters in a story that are creating tension and drama I love them both. They are/were both awesomely written and very deep and complex. Merle came across as an anti-hero. Someone capable of being a prick, but through that could do good, and maybe wash the slate clean. ( Never earn a welcome into the prison... but maybe a begrudged thank you before he wandered off )
If he had made it out of The Episode he died I would have been quite happy to see him ride off in the sunset to find himself. I wanted to watch him overcome himself, and since it cost him his life.. I would say he repaid his debt to the group. ( And the poor honest bastard who wanted to report Micchone survived)

Carol on the other hand I am loving watching her downward spiral as her horrible decisions catch up to her and watch the harvest of the fruits of her toxic labor. It's one thing and screw up and cost someone your life due to mistake (Wine bottle = Zach's death) It's another that your callous, merciless, short sided, uninformed and immoral decision resulted in 2 innocent people's death by design.

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

Maybe Daryl could just give Carol a spanking. :angelkitty:

You have just won 'comment of the year' award.

"There's no "I" in team" 

"Yeah, there's no "U" either. So I guess if I'm not on the team, and you're not on the team, nobody's on the God damn team. The team sucks!"

DeadInDetroit

DeadInDetroit

Lurker

• Members
Im suprised how many people are acting like Carol just maliciously murdered 2 ppl for her own sick enjoyment lol

I dont think she did it maliciously at all (weird im sayin murder wasnt malicious lol) but i just think at the time, Karen an David were the only 2 sick people an Carol thought she was saving the group by gettin rid of the threat (they were definitley a threat, regardless of how u cut it!)....They just lost a shitload of ppl due to this flu so she thought she was doin the best thing for the good of the group! Obviously she was wrong an it spread anyways

One thing we have to keep in mind (the characters have to think about too) is that Karen an David were goners regardless! Wether any of us thinks it was the right or wrong move to make, the fact still remains that they would have been dead by the next morning or sometime the next day at the latest! Look how fast Patrick, sleepwalker kid an everyone else is dying from it, i highly highly doubt Karen or Dave would somehow be able to fight it off any differently than anyone else, especially bein 2 of the first couple sick ppl! When Karen an David got sick, nobody was talkin about antibiotics or goin on runs for meds. They were goners! I know Tyreese will not want to swallow that pill but its the truth!

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left
I don't think she should be killed (C'mon, pretty much each member of the group has killed someone before) but she definitely should be punished somehow for what she did, which was evil, to put it simply.

"There's no "I" in team" 

"Yeah, there's no "U" either. So I guess if I'm not on the team, and you're not on the team, nobody's on the God damn team. The team sucks!"

DeadInDetroit

DeadInDetroit

Lurker

• Members
Carl killed someone, Rick killed Tomas an Andrew (well locked him out in an attempt to kill him), Michonne killed the hermit --- they killed them because they were thought to be a threat. Carol knew Karen an David were a threat so she killed them! Although Karen an David didnt become threats intentionally, they were still a threat nonetheless...I dont see what Carol did any different than what everyone else has done

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers

Carl killed someone, Rick killed Tomas an Andrew (well locked him out in an attempt to kill him), Michonne killed the hermit --- they killed them because they were thought to be a threat. Carol knew Karen an David were a threat so she killed them! Although Karen an David didnt become threats intentionally, they were still a threat nonetheless...I dont see what Carol did any different than what everyone else has done

I think one of the main things that makes this different for me is that they have a council. She is a part of that council, and they'd already come to a decision about what to do with Karen and David. She should have brought up her misgivings at the meeting. If Carol were the leader, I actually wouldn't have as much issue with it.

Valleyaggie

Valleyaggie

Biter

• Members
  • LocationSouth Texas

I think one of the main things that makes this different for me is that they have a council. She is a part of that council, and they'd already come to a decision about what to do with Karen and David. She should have brought up her misgivings at the meeting. If Carol were the leader, I actually wouldn't have as much issue with it.

I had forgotten about the meeting. You are correct. I still think what she did was wrong and she should face consequences, especially considering this fact, but I don't think she deserves execution.
"My mind is my weapon ... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." - Tyrion Lannister

DominusPisces

DominusPisces

Biter

• Members
  • LocationFlorida

Cause they weren't threats. They were seperated off. Anyone they exposed were done. Had they died they would have been burned anyways. And if Carol really wanted to stop all threats, why didn't she kill hersel? She got close, handled them and contaminated blood. I guess she's above the greater good.

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers

I had forgotten about the meeting. You are correct. I still think what she did was wrong and she should face consequences, especially considering this fact, but I don't think she deserves execution.

Oh, I agree. I don't think she should be executed - I just have more of an issue with what she did because there is a council set up to deal with big issues.

DeadInDetroit

DeadInDetroit

Lurker

• Members

Cause they weren't threats. They were seperated off. Anyone they exposed were done. Had they died they would have been burned anyways. And if Carol really wanted to stop all threats, why didn't she kill hersel? She got close, handled them and contaminated blood. I guess she's above the greater good.

But when Carol did that, Karen an David were the only 2 with symptoms, nobody else was sick (well that anybody knew of)...She thought they were the only ones that were sick so she was gettin rid of the threat. I mean lets be real, if Carol knew there were 20 ppl that were all sick, do u think she would have still killed Karen and David? Absolutely not! I think thats why she broke down crying because she killed them in an attempt to get rid of the flu but then found out everyone got sick anyways...

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!