1) There's a world of difference between killing someone who poses a threat to you due to threat of violence (Shane, Tomas, Tony, Dave) vs killing people whose only crime was to drink from the wrong barrel or to be around the wrong person who sneezed who are also locked away from anyone without a chance of getting anyone else exposed. If either of them died from the Da Bug they would have killed each other and no one else.
2) Carol is on the council. which means she agreed to joint consensus. Something this big was supposed to be taken up in a group. Not say.. 'Fuck them' and do what ever the hell she wanted. Actions like this are WHY they have a council.
3) Yes our world and society may be gone. BUT doesn't the little city at the prison have a right to determine which laws and morals they keep? If the council, (Whom Carol pledged to abide by, by agreeing to be ON in the first place) told her no, even if it was 'wrong' Isn't that the society's right? You can always leave if you don't agree.
4) Had she spoken about this with others she might have learned, from the Doc or Hershel that killing them wouldn't do any good, that there's a period before symptoms that people are contagious and the damage has already been done. That some people might be carriers without showing symptoms at all (Wouldn't it be ironic if we learn that Carol is a Typhoid Mary)
5) If it's okay to kill others who might be a threat via liability (Unlike Shane, Tomas, etc.) Then would Carol have a right to say kill Carl if she thought him telling his dad would put the children's lives in danger from the knife class being canceled? Would it be okay to kill Doc S. if he stumbled in on her knifing Karen and Red Shirt?
6) What if Daryl or one of the kids were put in quarantine first? Would you all be okay with her ganking your favorite Redneck while he's there too weak to defend himself? If she wouldn't kill Daryl, then she's just like Shane. sacrificing anyone but her chosen few, and 'good of the group' goes out the window.
She sure as heck doesn't deserve to be on the council. That should be the first to go, Maybe execution is to much for her, but several of them were okay with executing Randal (who would have killed them had he been a good shot) because his deliberate actions indicated danger. If not execution, then exile. Someone who demonstrates they can so easily kill an innocent person shouldn't be on the same side of the fence with people.
1) being good people or innocent doesn't make them any less of a threat to the entire safety of the community. Karen and David didn't simply pose threats only to themselves, every sick person poses a threat for as long as they are contagious. without medical treatment they would've died anyhow, and to treat them means exposing some of the community's greatest assets. 2) I agree completely with this point and I believe Carol should be kicked off the Council for going rogue. 3) Democracy only matters insofar as you have a society to govern, for example if the majority of the planet wanted to nuke Earth and only the minority wanted to save it, than the majority should be overridden as the basis of their power is contingent on numbers and they are choosing to eliminate their power. She obviously felt that the morality of the group would cost more lives so she did what she knew was wrong because she thought it was necessary to save everyone. 4) very true and it's quite unfortunate that she murdered them in vain. 5) This is kind of a bad example. the weapons training is for the children's protection, if the children are in the position to use their weapons than it means the group has already been compromised, so untrained children aren't really a liability to the group as a whole, also killing the best armed child to arm other children is just counterproductive, whereas there is some logic towards eliminating a threat before it becomes an issue. Carol doesn't think what she did was wrong, if Dr S caught her, she would've asked him for help in euthanizing David and Karen, and if he refused he would've explained about the incubation period and no one would've died. if she was trying to cover up what she did or willing to kill someone in order to protect her reputation, she wouldn't've admitted it to rick so easily. 6) her scene with Lizzie going into quarantine illustrates she was willing to make the tough call even when it comes to people she cares about, if it had been Shane and a sick Lori in that position Shane would've hidden Lori's illness and allowed her to stay with him. As for Randall, they had no actual proof that he himself was dangerous(no one knows exactly who was shooting at Rick and company and those guys did not fire on Glenn Hershel & Rick until after rick admitted to killing Dave & Tony, it was only via Daryl's interrogation that we actually realized the nature of that group and Randall later told Rick that he was only with them because he had no one else), which is why the majority of people were willing to let him go at first, even knowing that his group was comprised of rapists, murderers and thieves, but the fact that he knew the Greene family was what made Rick and everyone but Dale decide to kill him (he may or may not have been a threat but his knowledge put everyone at the farm at risk). Technically, as long as they can't treat the virus, the sick are more of a threat than Randall was, and allowing the sick to expose themselves to the healthy is at par with letting someone get bitten and not posting a braining committee at their bedside. They were innocent but they were also a threat, and that's not as black and white as you're portraying it to be. I don't think it was an easy decision for her, obviously if it was she wouldn't have been so guilt ridden about it (getting upset when ty asked her to check in on Sasha, getting upset when thinking about Lizzie being sick, freaking out and knocking over the water then risking her life to get more water). She killed them for altruistic reasons, that's a lot different than killing an innocent person for fun, tonnes of people euthanize their sick pets and most people can see the difference between animal torture and euthanasia and murdering an asset to the team because he was a threat to a single member of the team like in the case of Rick & Shane. Most of the core group has murdered someone (how many innocent woodburians were murdered to rescue Daryl?) lines get blurred and everyone ends up a killer in one of 3 ways, you kill to protect what you love, you kill to get what you want, or you die, come back and kill to eat. They would be hypocritical to kill or execute Carol, but she should definitely be removed from council and from her teaching position, the guilt of her mistake will be punishment enough.