Should They Execute The Body Burner?

- - - - - bodies burned infection

Matt G

Matt G

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationOhio
Well okay we don't know exactly why or what happened in the situation. They could have died then she finished them off but why would you take it upon yourself to do the deed the way she did it and not tell anyone and burn there bodies? That's because they were alive and she thought she was gonna end the infection on her own. Even if she did she still wouldn't be looked at as some hero so I don't get that statement either.

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

She should definitely be taken off the Counsel but not so sure she should be executed. I do think this is the beginning of the end for her. :zombiethumbsdown:

My thoughts exactly. I can't see them executing her, but I can see them exiling her.

DeadInDetroit

DeadInDetroit

Lurker

• Members

This does seem like Carol's farewell arc. She had good intentions, but she has now shown herself to be a threat to Glenn, Sasha, Herschel, Caleb, and all the other infected. If the medicine doesn't get there quickly enough or if it ultimately doesn't work, why wouldn't she murder them all too in an attempt to stop the spread of the disease?

I dont believe carol would attempt to kill anymore of the infected. I believe she got rid of Karen an David in an attempt to stop the virus from spreading an getting more ppl sick. When she realized it was still spread an a bunch more people got sick, she realized she killed them 2 for no reason because it still spread. I believe her little breakdown an tossin of the water barrel was because she realized her attempt failed....

DeadInDetroit

DeadInDetroit

Lurker

• Members
Im curious to see how they will deal with her... Who knows, Rick may not even tell anyone. He might keep it to himself out of fear of retaliation from Tyreese. Maybe blame it on somebody that dies from the infection or some shit....

Although Carol is a murderer, i do not think she should be executed or kicked out or anything like that. She did it with the good of the group in mind, not because she just wanted to do it. Karen an David were 2 of the first ppl infected by the flu so regardless if she killed them or not, they wouldve been dead by the next morning an turned an taken out more ppl (look how quick Patrick got sick, died an turned).... They were a threat an Carol was tryin to eliminate the threat, not just ruthlessly murder 2 healthy, innocent ppl! I see no difference in Rick killing Tomas than what Carol did...

You got to keep in mind, when Carol killed them/burned them, it was BEFORE everyone else got sick/infected! At the time, them 2 were the only known sick people an she thought if she got rid of them, she would stop the spreading of the flu....i think if there were 20 sick ppl, she wouldve neverdone that

Lioness

Lioness

Biter

• Members
They would be crazy to execute Carol at this point. Unless the show writers start her on a mad killing spree they need every able bodied fighter they can get. She will be sanctioned, maybe punished with loss of her council seat and ostracized for a time but killing her would be out of the question in my book. Some degree of insanity is to be expected. And old world laws just don't apply. I think one would have toss out the pre-ZA civilization's rule book and start looking at the person's overall contribution to the group. Not just one off the rails incident. Karen and David were sick and probably not going to make it anyway. This is not a game of polite choices. It really is survival of the fittest. If she did kill them in cold blood and not as they were turning she certainly didn't do it out of malice. She did it because she saw a way to possibly stop the infection. She was wrong. But what if she wasn't?

I do think the writers will wrap up her gray morality in a neat little package this season and kill her off. Which is unfortunate. I like seeing characters who cross the line and make us question our own moral choices. I would like to see how Carol's 'take charge' approach works out going forward. Is she a danger? Or, does she do the things that must be done in order for the group to survive?

For the record, in case anyone is wondering, I would not have killed Karen and David. They were locked up and going nowhere. If they turned, they turned. And the infection probably would not be contained that way anyhow since Karen had contact with Tyreese who was still walking around and making contact with others.
Putting out fire with gasoline.

Ryan_Dead

Ryan_Dead

Biter

• Members
I don't think they will (and I hope they don't) execute Carol.

I think the rest of the group will eventually find out it is Carol but I can't think how. I can't imagine Rick telling everyone

Matt

Matt

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUnder your bed.....
If they seriously have the nerve to do this to Carol and let this be her swan song, there's gonna be hell to pay.

Lioness

Lioness

Biter

• Members

If they seriously have the nerve to do this to Carol and let this be her swan song, there's gonna be hell to pay.

I agree with a post you made in another thread and with this one as well. They never allow characters to go gray and live for very long. But I think a ZA would be all about being gray. Those who try to survive with pre-ZA morality have either died because they didn't want to live in this world (Jacque), or been broken (Rick) or killed off due to their own stupidity (Dale, Andrea). I think the moral bar has to be lower in the ZA. There is, of course, a point where the bar just becomes too low as we saw with the guys in the bar who raped and killed or TG. But Carol has not reached anywhere near that point. Was the Irish woman a harbinger for Carol? We shall see.

DeadInDetroit

DeadInDetroit

Lurker

• Members
Besides, who the hell is gonna execute Carol!?!?! Certainly none of the original group! Even though Tyreese is really upset an pissed off, i think even if it came down to it, he wouldnt be able to go thru with killing Carol

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers

Im curious to see how they will deal with her... Who knows, Rick may not even tell anyone. He might keep it to himself out of fear of retaliation from Tyreese. Maybe blame it on somebody that dies from the infection or some shit....

Although Carol is a murderer, i do not think she should be executed or kicked out or anything like that. She did it with the good of the group in mind, not because she just wanted to do it. Karen an David were 2 of the first ppl infected by the flu so regardless if she killed them or not, they wouldve been dead by the next morning an turned an taken out more ppl (look how quick Patrick got sick, died an turned).... They were a threat an Carol was tryin to eliminate the threat, not just ruthlessly murder 2 healthy, innocent ppl! I see no difference in Rick killing Tomas than what Carol did...

You got to keep in mind, when Carol killed them/burned them, it was BEFORE everyone else got sick/infected! At the time, them 2 were the only known sick people an she thought if she got rid of them, she would stop the spreading of the flu....i think if there were 20 sick ppl, she wouldve neverdone that

I don't think Rick will keep it to himself for long, mainly because it doesn't make for a good story.

I'm crossing my fingers that they just exile her, and that she eventually rejoins the group after the prison ultimately falls. :(

Living Dead Grrrl

Living Dead Grrrl

Cynical Cadaverous Creeper

• Members
  • LocationThe Beyond
God I hope that doesnt happen. Yes,the epi ended with the reveal and all but the reality of it is we dont yet know the circumstances - did she just kill them in cold blood or were the nearly dead when she did it. Either way, those two had no hope for survival and would have soon turned regardless. I really want to hear her explination of things before people start throwing stones and want to exile or execute Carol.

""If a zombie bites you, you turn into a zombie. However, if a mummy bites you, all you turn into is some schmo with a mummy bite..."
Dellamorte Dellamore ... 'Of Death of Love'

71Fish

71Fish

S-mart Employee

• Members
I don't believe Carol killed them. I believe they already turned (or turning) before she put a knife to their brains.
I think Rick will keep this to himself. He has more loyalty to Carol than to Tyreese. Plus he knows Tyreese is a little unhinged, at least at the moment.

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers

I don't believe Carol killed them. I believe they already turned (or turning) before she put a knife to their brains.
I think Rick will keep this to himself. He has more loyalty to Carol than to Tyreese. Plus he knows Tyreese is a little unhinged, at least at the moment.

If this were the case, why wouldn't she alert people to what happened? Why would she even risk her life by going in the isolation room? Why wouldn't she answer "yes" to Rick when he asked her if she killed Karen and David? Why does everyone think that they were murdered?

I think the only thing that makes sense is that she killed them while they were still living.

UltraAmbiguousID

UltraAmbiguousID

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationTonawanda, New York, USA

How do you not? Ricks all about finding his moral compass and do the good thing and he's just gonna sweep this under the rug. I understand that Carol and Rick have a relationship being on the road a long time but come on. They give these people a safe haven out of the governors control and you do basically worse than what he did by ending a life? No way you over look it.

BUT... Rick is still feel guilty over Sophia! Rick owes Carol big for leaving Sophia under the embankment. Plus, Carol is a big asset to the group and is dependable. What has Tyreese done? He's still kinda knew, he was hooked up with the Gov, he doesn't like to kill fence walkers, he doesn't like going on runs...

I still see Rick being loyal to Carol.

By the way, I love the new dynamics this storyline adds to the prison. So many relationships could change because of the outcome.

UltraAmbiguousID

UltraAmbiguousID

Lurker

• Members

Besides, who the hell is gonna execute Carol!?!?! Certainly none of the original group! Even though Tyreese is really upset an pissed off, i think even if it came down to it, he wouldnt be able to go thru with killing Carol

I hope his killing of that horde will dispense some of that anger!

DeadInDetroit

DeadInDetroit

Lurker

• Members

I don't think Rick will keep it to himself for long, mainly because it doesn't make for a good story.

I'm crossing my fingers that they just exile her, and that she eventually rejoins the group after the prison ultimately falls. :(

Rick might tell Hershel and/or Daryl but i highly doubt he's gonna rat Carol out to anyone else, especially Tyreese or the Woodburians! I think if it does get out, it will be Carol that admits to it. I can see the guilt gettin to her an her coming clean to Ty about it eventually...

71Fish

71Fish

S-mart Employee

• Members

If this were the case, why wouldn't she alert people to what happened? Why would she even risk her life by going in the isolation room? Why wouldn't she answer "yes" to Rick when he asked her if she killed Karen and David? Why does everyone think that they were murdered?

I think the only thing that makes sense is that she killed them while they were still living.

I'll have to watch the episode again, but did Rick ask if she "killed" or "burned" the bodies? Big difference.

I R Biter

I R Biter

Biter

• Members
  • LocationSpace City
I'm going to guess that Rick isn't going to tell anyone.....may blame it on someone who died after or something. Carol is impulsive, but not dangerous. Not any more than Carl.

In the comics, some things were "swept under the rug" and not publicly discussed, because it wasn't necessary for everyone to know. I'm guessing that's where this is going.

General Ian Zane

General Ian Zane

Roamer

• Members
Carol, carol, carol..... Pookie will not be pleased. If you need to get things straight, here's what you gotta do:
1) Bring flowers to Tyrese.
2) Frame someone for the murders. I'm thinking Dr. S. He's a gonner anyways.
3) Make sure you have rat girl in your corner. You are going to need a surrogate daughter to avoid the death penalty.

GirlsDeadMonster

GirlsDeadMonster

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNorfolk, VA
It's very shades of gray for me. We already know that the group tried their hand at law in a lawless world with Randal on the farm. They viewed him as a threat and was going to execute him until they felt summary executions may change who they are as people. The same may apply here. If it comes down to it, I don't think they may actually kill someone, they may just banish them to the outside world to fight or die, at least they would have a chance, but you have to look at the action as well. We need to know from Carol for sure that she killed Karen and David or did they die from infection and Carol disposed of the bodies. I'm thinking because she didn't tell anyone, that she may have killed them. But how do we know she didn't have a conversation with them and asked them for permission to end their lives. The case could be made that she convinced them they were a threat and was going to die anyway so why die drowning in your own blood. If I was given the choice, I may have chose euthanasia .
I don't have to outrun walkers, I just have to outrun you!
Highschool Of The Dead full 240316

UltraAmbiguousID

UltraAmbiguousID

Lurker

• Members

Even though Tyreese is really upset an pissed off, i think even if it came down to it, he wouldnt be able to go thru with killing Carol

So agree! Doesn't his anger seem weirdly excessive? He was dating Karen for, at the most, six or seven months. They didn't even have sex, yet!

MidgetNinja73

MidgetNinja73

Infected

• Members
  • LocationAustralia
"This was unnecessary murder and I think they should be put down. Two innocent people were killed whom we didn't know what was going to happen. Two people got knifed, dragged and burned."

I agree 100%! Carol needs to die asap. What really annoys me is she didn't tell anyone about it

DominusPisces

DominusPisces

Biter

• Members
  • LocationFlorida
1) There's a world of difference between killing someone who poses a threat to you due to threat of violence (Shane, Tomas, Tony, Dave) vs killing people whose only crime was to drink from the wrong barrel or to be around the wrong person who sneezed who are also locked away from anyone without a chance of getting anyone else exposed. If either of them died from the Da Bug they would have killed each other and no one else.
2) Carol is on the council. which means she agreed to joint consensus. Something this big was supposed to be taken up in a group. Not say.. 'Fuck them' and do what ever the hell she wanted. Actions like this are WHY they have a council.
3) Yes our world and society may be gone. BUT doesn't the little city at the prison have a right to determine which laws and morals they keep? If the council, (Whom Carol pledged to abide by, by agreeing to be ON in the first place) told her no, even if it was 'wrong' Isn't that the society's right? You can always leave if you don't agree.
4) Had she spoken about this with others she might have learned, from the Doc or Hershel that killing them wouldn't do any good, that there's a period before symptoms that people are contagious and the damage has already been done. That some people might be carriers without showing symptoms at all (Wouldn't it be ironic if we learn that Carol is a Typhoid Mary)
5) If it's okay to kill others who might be a threat via liability (Unlike Shane, Tomas, etc.) Then would Carol have a right to say kill Carl if she thought him telling his dad would put the children's lives in danger from the knife class being canceled? Would it be okay to kill Doc S. if he stumbled in on her knifing Karen and Red Shirt?
6) What if Daryl or one of the kids were put in quarantine first? Would you all be okay with her ganking your favorite Redneck while he's there too weak to defend himself? If she wouldn't kill Daryl, then she's just like Shane. sacrificing anyone but her chosen few, and 'good of the group' goes out the window.

She sure as heck doesn't deserve to be on the council. That should be the first to go, Maybe execution is to much for her, but several of them were okay with executing Randal (who would have killed them had he been a good shot) because his deliberate actions indicated danger. If not execution, then exile. Someone who demonstrates they can so easily kill an innocent person shouldn't be on the same side of the fence with people.

Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray thee Lord these bites aren't deep.
Should I die before I wake, I pray thee Lord, my skull they break.

UltraAmbiguousID

UltraAmbiguousID

Lurker

• Members

1) There's a world of difference between killing someone who poses a threat to you due to threat of violence (Shane, Tomas, Tony, Dave) vs killing people whose only crime was to drink from the wrong barrel...

Uh, regarding Shane, he was lowering his gun and about to hand it to Rick when Rick stabbed him. Rick was talking Shane out of the violence, but it was a lure to get Shane's guard down. Rick committed murder in that case, not out of self-defense.

Lioness

Lioness

Biter

• Members
^ This. ^

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!