Should They Execute The Body Burner?

- - - - - bodies burned infection

DominusPisces

DominusPisces

Biter

• Members
  • LocationFlorida
Thanks to the most nonchalant murder reveal I have ever seen, what is an appropriate response? Did they need to be executed? I mean they were already in isolation, anyone exposed already would be. And clearly this didn't save anyone.

Should this person be held accountable as a two bit murderer?

Or should they be forgiven as an understandable reaction to the situation?

Personally, I don't care what logic they used. This was unnecessary murder and I think they should be put down. Two innocent people were killed whom we didn't know what was going to happen. Two people got knifed, dragged and burned.

Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray thee Lord these bites aren't deep.
Should I die before I wake, I pray thee Lord, my skull they break.

UltraAmbiguousID

UltraAmbiguousID

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationTonawanda, New York, USA

Should this person be held accountable as a two bit murderer?

Definitely not! Rick asked Carol, "What would you do to protect the group?" Carol was doing what seemed right, stopping the infection as quickly as possible. If it had worked, Carol would have been praised. However, we don't know how the infection is being communicated.

To me, Rick is on Carol's side, but he is debating how to prevent Tyreese from killing Carol when he gets back from the med run. I can see people in the prison choosing sides, but Rick being the decider as to her fate.

Matt G

Matt G

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationOhio
I supported this person and now I feel that this person needs to be punished for there actions. That's not right at all. They deal with this kind of situation everyday with walker bites and try to help them if there gonna die or not. Now you go and murder two people that could possibly be okay and get better with proper treatment? Why? It seems a little out of character to me at least also.

Tux

Tux

Infected

• Members
No. It is a new world that they live and die in. The infected people were a threat. Carol had to do what she felt that she had to do in order to protect the others. The others will see it her way if the infected people die.

Matt G

Matt G

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationOhio

Definitely not! Rick asked Carol, "What would you do to protect the group?" Carol was doing what seemed right, stopping the infection as quickly as possible. If it had worked, Carol would have been praised. However, we don't know how the infection is being communicated.

To me, Rick is on Carol's side, but he is debating how to prevent Tyreese from killing Carol when he gets back from the med run. I can see people in the prison choosing sides, but Rick being the decider as to her fate.

How do you not? Ricks all about finding his moral compass and do the good thing and he's just gonna sweep this under the rug. I understand that Carol and Rick have a relationship being on the road a long time but come on. They give these people a safe haven out of the governors control and you do basically worse than what he did by ending a life? No way you over look it.

Lioness

Lioness

Biter

• Members
I need to know more about what state David and Karen were in when they were killed before I could decide what to do with Carol.
Putting out fire with gasoline.

Lioness

Lioness

Biter

• Members
Maybe Daryl could just give Carol a spanking. :angelkitty:

Walker_Bait

Walker_Bait

Biter

• Members
This does seem like Carol's farewell arc. She had good intentions, but she has now shown herself to be a threat to Glenn, Sasha, Herschel, Caleb, and all the other infected. If the medicine doesn't get there quickly enough or if it ultimately doesn't work, why wouldn't she murder them all too in an attempt to stop the spread of the disease?

DominusPisces

DominusPisces

Biter

• Members
  • LocationFlorida

No. It is a new world that they live and die in. The infected people were a threat. Carol had to do what she felt that she had to do in order to protect the others. The others will see it her way if the infected people die.

Today the threat is an infection. What if she feels the only way to protect the group next time is to kill the one person who speaks out against her knife school?

Lioness

Lioness

Biter

• Members

This does seem like Carol's farewell arc. She had good intentions, but she has now shown herself to be a threat to Glenn, Sasha, Herschel, Caleb, and all the other infected. If the medicine doesn't get there quickly enough or if it ultimately doesn't work, why wouldn't she murder them all too in an attempt to stop the spread of the disease?

Yes, I would agree, it does seem like we might be saying goodbye to Carol. I hope not, but I can see it happening after this.

I don't think she represents a threat to anyone else (at least not because of the infection).

Last season Carol suggested that Andrea kill TG in bed because he was a potential threat to the safety of everyone at the prison. I don't think TG had killed any of the prison people up until that point (although he had taken Daryl, Glenn and Maggie). And we applauded her for that. Now, she has killed two people she saw as a threat to the safety of everyone in the prison. But we are not applauding that. Why not?

What if she had stopped the infection with their deaths? Would we feel she needed to be put down in that case?

DominusPisces

DominusPisces

Biter

• Members
  • LocationFlorida

Yes, I would agree, it does seem like we might be saying goodbye to Carol. I hope not, but I can see it happening after this.

I don't think she represents a threat to anyone else (at least not because of the infection).

Last season Carol suggested that Andrea kill TG in bed because he was a potential threat to the safety of everyone at the prison. I don't think TG had killed any of the prison people up until that point (although he had taken Daryl, Glenn and Maggie). And we applauded her for that. Now, she has killed two people she saw as a threat to the safety of everyone in the prison. But we are not applauding that. Why not?

What if she had stopped the infection with their deaths? Would we feel she needed to be put down in that case?

The Governor was an outside threat to the group. Wouldn't you kill the neighbor who was threatening your family with a baseball bat?

Would you kill your brother to keep your sister from getting sick?

There-in lies the difference between telling Andrea to kill TG vs her knifing 2 people while they slept.

If this is her farewell arc I wonder if a nod to the comic that she
Spoiler
after getting sick herself.

Lioness

Lioness

Biter

• Members

The Governor was an outside threat to the group. Wouldn't you kill the neighbor who was threatening your family with a baseball bat?
In a ZA. Certainly. In real life no.

Would you kill your brother to keep your sister from getting sick?
I don't think Woodburians are close enough to the core group to make this comparison. But rather than having them both die? Possibly, in a ZA.

There-in lies the difference between telling Andrea to kill TG vs her knifing 2 people while they slept.
We don't really know what their condition was at the time they were killed. They might have been on the verge of death for all we know.

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers
I can't see them executing Carol, but I could see them exiling her. :'(

I'm very upset over this reveal about Carol; she's been one of my favorite characters since S1, but I think it will make for some good TV.

Lioness

Lioness

Biter

• Members
Also, recall that the group voted to execute the kid they found in the town when they were living on the farm because they perceived him to be a threat. So, the idea of preemptively killing someone who is perceived to be a threat to protect the welfare of the entire group has been established as a precedent.

Judari

Judari

Biter

• Members

I see her killing them as a way to stop the disease. At that time they were the only two sick people. In theory had no one else been exposed then her killing them would have ended the virus. I think that is one of the reasons she was so frustrated and felt guilty after Tyreese approached her because the horrible thing she did was for nothing.

I am really hesitant to past judgement just yet. We don't know the whole story and I am really curious as to her motivations and what exactly happened. Under regular circumstances I would feel some sort of justice would be needed to punish Carol, however this is ZA and mercy killings are not an odd occurrence. Had Karen and Dave been dying then I would look at the situation a bit differently. Yes, murder is murder but I can't help but want to wait to decide until next episode at least. This is out of character for Carol so whether they are writing her as a villain or well-intentioned, neither sits well with me without some sort of explanation.

DominusPisces

DominusPisces

Biter

• Members
  • LocationFlorida
Yes. Execute some one who tried to kill them. This situation is not the same thing. I have to ask if Carol would have done the same thing if Lizzie was the first to get sick.

Jamber

Jamber

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada
nope, she made the right choice at that time, she thought she'd stop the infection with those two but ONLY later realized it was already too late at the time b/c it had already had spread

and she's no threat to the others b/c the infection has already spread ... imo in this case only, it was acceptable to her b/c she thought it was only the two that had it

xaviersaint

xaviersaint

Mr. Random

• Administrators
  • LocationColorado
I'm sorry what exactly do we know? Oh that's right absolutely nothing other then 2 bodies were burned. Were they alive? Probably not considering the screams that would have been heard. So what was their state? Dead after the flu did its deed? Dead again after Carol killed the walker versions of our poor people. Also explains why there would be blood on the door to the outside.

But if course the conclusion jumped to is that Carol jumped into two cells, all stealthy like, stabbed two people in their sleep, dragged their bodies out and burnt them? Right? Because if it wasn't that, she didn't exactly murder anyone.

Oh and on a side note, Carol would never lie right? Cover for a messed up little girl who could have done it in a mixed up state of thinking she was helping them along their way. And that would explain said girl being sick.... Hmmmm.... I mean she's never lied before in her life... Not like she covered up for an abusive husband or anything.
Angel: I stopped Acathla. That saved the world.

Spike: Buffy ran you through with a sword.

Angel: Yeah, but I made her do it. Signaled her with my eyes.

Spike: She killed you. I helped her. That one counts as mine.

DominusPisces

DominusPisces

Biter

• Members
  • LocationFlorida
We know she confessed. Rick : "did you kill..."

She answered yes. No saying they were already dead or were walkers. Just yes. So either she murderrd them while alive or is covering for someone else.

Judari

Judari

Biter

• Members

I'm sorry what exactly do we know? Oh that's right absolutely nothing other then 2 bodies were burned. Were they alive? Probably not considering the screams that would have been heard. So what was their state? Dead after the flu did its deed? Dead again after Carol killed the walker versions of our poor people. Also explains why there would be blood on the door to the outside.

But if course the conclusion jumped to is that Carol jumped into two cells, all stealthy like, stabbed two people in their sleep, dragged their bodies out and burnt them? Right? Because if it wasn't that, she didn't exactly murder anyone.

Oh and on a side note, Carol would never lie right? Cover for a messed up little girl who could have done it in a mixed up state of thinking she was helping them along their way. And that would explain said girl being sick.... Hmmmm.... I mean she's never lied before in her life... Not like she covered up for an abusive husband or anything.

I agree with you but to play devil's advocate, there wouldn't be screams if she cut their throats. It could very well be possible too as there was so much blood everywhere and trailing down the halls their had to be some major artery cut.

The little girl doing it makes sense to me if they do take that route. Not her dragging the bodies and lighting them on fire as that would have had to been Carol covering it up. I don't believe that little girl could have physically done that much.

My question though is if Carol is covering for the girl, why drag and burn the bodies in secret? They have to destroy the brain anyway to keep them from turning, Carol could have easily lied and said she or the girl had found them turned and in the struggle stabbed them other places as well. Its not a completely tight story but certainly far less suspicious than blood trails and burning bodies. I just want to know why Carol thought that would be a good plan of action.

Lurwalker

Lurwalker

Biter

• Members
  • LocationLouisiana
I am a 50-50 split vote on this one. I feel that Carol was attempting to do what is best for the group but with that being said if any number of the now sick group survive then she will have to live with those consequences that Karen and David may have been able to survive as well. Nearly all the regular cast has killed humans at this point. Rick did in S2 in the bar and a prisoner in S3, Carl killed the teen in the forest, Daryl and Maggie also did so as well during S3 in trying to save one another against TG. So Carol attempting to save the prison group is in the grey area for me due to the state they are in at the moment. Maybe they should put her in the isolation area at night and give her a hoe to garden with for 6 months.

BeauL83

BeauL83

Biter

• Members
  • LocationAustralia
I would be surprised is Tyreese found out Carol was guilty, Tyreese abuses carol to the extent that she
Spoiler

I Believe In Rick Grimes

etphoto

etphoto

Biter

• Members
She did confess to "killing them" and not just burning them. (as someone else pointed out). I'm not sure what you do with her. We know Daryl won't let them kick her out of the group (I believe) and Daryl won't vote on an execution. Daryl is like one of the two most important people in the group so what ever happens, the writers will keep Daryl in the group. I say Tyree don't make it back alive and without him around, no one will be pushing to find out who killed the two. If that is the case, Rick keeps it to himself. Later (after the stickiness is cured) Hershel or someone asked "hey, btw, who killed . . . " and Rick tells. :)

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members
Personally, I wouldn't vote to execute her, she did what she thought was right for the good of the entire community, just unfortunately she never heard sheldon coopers joke about incubation periods and our ancestors killing off the asshole with the sniffles. I think she should be removed from the council and sshe shouldn't be allowed to teach the children. I knew the killer was someone doing it for the community and making snap judgements to take care of business, I originall thought it was daryl but I should've known it wasn't him, because he was strong enough to carry the bodies. I like seeing carol do darker things for the community but I've been really disapointed by the direction her character has been taken this season, like when she called lizzie weak and told carl not to tell rick about knife training, both were very inapropriate, and this is probably the only time that I don't want the show to follow the comic.
Madam Scorpious <~<133€
http://nythe-scorpious.blogspot.ca/

simplysarah

simplysarah

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationOhio
She should definitely be taken off the Counsel but not so sure she should be executed. I do think this is the beginning of the end for her. :zombiethumbsdown:

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!