Character Trade, Living For Dead

- - - - - Rick Daryl Michonne Andrea T-Dog

Sweetsister

Sweetsister

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationToronto, Canada
As season 4 goes forward and we see the storyline with the infection as well as the addition of more survivors. If you could choose 1 main character to bring back who would it be? It should be someone you think will add to the direction of the story they are taking in season 4.

At the same time you have to kill off a main caracter to make room for the one you bring back. Again it should be someone you feel would have the least impact in season 4's story.

Yes its still very early in the season and this is just for fun...

Id like Merle to come back. Yes I luv the guy but I do not see him go vigillante on the prison folk. I think he would be an asset with his military training as well as ability to survive out doors. I think he could read people well and be the first to figure out Bob. I also could see Merle and Michonne track the Guv. together. It would also be nice o see Daryl rub off on Merle (I'd still want Merle rough around the edges). I could see Merle saving Lizzie from a Zombie or human and then she starts looking towards him as a "father figure". Who knows Merle could be the one to save Lizzie in more ways than one.

Who would go....sorry Beth, other than nanny for Judith I think you would be the least missed story wise. So like Mary Poppins finish your job and leave. Beth is nice but Beth is also "meh".

Mrs. DD

Mrs. DD

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationIndiana
bring back Andrea and make her into her badass comic self.

kill Beth....immediately.

tumblr_nwtdrwFfAs1uxhwb1o4_250.gif

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

^^^ this forever

NAGILLUM

NAGILLUM

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationCanada, eh!

This.....................

To be honest there aren't any other dead TV Characters I care about enough to give a second chance. Maybe Merle. He should've lived past Season 3 instead of Daryl.
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past, or the present, are certain to miss the future.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
Can I bring back Andrea and kill her off again or is that cheating?

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Sweetsister

Sweetsister

Survivor

• Members

:lol:

Ahhhh....but how would she die in season 4 ????

Neriah

Neriah

Infected

• Members
  • LocationMidwest USA
Milton, I think he could have added a lot to the story arc.

Mrs. DD

Mrs. DD

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationIndiana

that's just mean :( I know you're a comic fan...do you not like her in the comic as well? or did her tv counterpart just completely ruin her for you?

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

:lol:

Ahhhh....but how would she die in season 4 ????

She falls in a pig pit and gets trampled

that's just mean :( I know you're a comic fan...do you not like her in the comic as well? or did her tv counterpart just completely ruin her for you?

I like her in the comic but that's not why I hated her in the TV show. It was just incredibly frustrating watching an adult be more naive than a five year old. Definitely my least favorite TV character of all time

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Mrs. DD

Mrs. DD

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationIndiana

She falls in a pig pit and gets trampled

I like her in the comic but that's not why I hated her in the TV show. It was just incredibly frustrating watching an adult be more naive than a five year old. Definitely my least favorite TV character of all time

do you feel as though your disappointment was amplified bc TV Andrea was sooooooo different than comic Andrea? I think the reason her death was so depressing to me was bc i just hoping they'd find a way to make her into comic Andrea. I've often wondered how differently I'd feel if I hadn't read the comic...

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

do you feel as though your disappointment was amplified bc TV Andrea was sooooooo different than comic Andrea? I think the reason her death was so depressing to me was bc i just hoping they'd find a way to make her into comic Andrea. I've often wondered how differently I'd feel if I hadn't read the comic...

To be honest, I can't even really imagine a version of comic Andrea being played by Laurie Holden. I'm sure she's a fine actress but the writing made her awful because nobody can act that dumb convincingly

I didn't like Andrea in Seasons 1 and 2, before I read the comics, and my friend who never read the comics hated her much more than I did when he watched Season 3 with me. I can't really say if it was amplified but if I didn't like her in Seasons 1 and 2, there's no feasible way I can see me liking her at her most unlikable

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln
Agreed with the Beth/Andrea scenario.

I would say he's pretty important to the story, but I think it would have been much more interesting had Merle survived over Daryl. His interactions and relationship with the group would add so much more to the show.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Agreed with the Beth/Andrea scenario.

I would say he's pretty important to the story, but I think it would have been much more interesting had Merle survived over Daryl. His interactions and relationship with the group would add so much more to the show.

I'm probably in the minority, but I felt that Merle's story had played out. He did add a great dynamic to the show but I'm not sure how much more he would have added to the story. I don't think we would be having this discussion, though, if they hadn't made Daryl so perfect now. He was so much more interesting as a flawed character.

Mrs. DD

Mrs. DD

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationIndiana

To be honest, I can't even really imagine a version of comic Andrea being played by Laurie Holden. I'm sure she's a fine actress but the writing made her awful because nobody can act that dumb convincingly

I didn't like Andrea in Seasons 1 and 2, before I read the comics, and my friend who never read the comics hated her much more than I did when he watched Season 3 with me. I can't really say if it was amplified but if I didn't like her in Seasons 1 and 2, there's no feasible way I can see me liking her at her most unlikable

yeah....pretty much how I feel. I can empathize with TV Andrea bc she was attracted to alpha males and felt enormous guilt after Dale's death, but I just wanted to smack her sometimes!!! idk...maybe I should edit my answer to "not bring back the Andrea we had before, but erase her existence and introduce Andrea like she was in the comics" sucks....

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln

I'm probably in the minority, but I felt that Merle's story had played out. He did add a great dynamic to the show but I'm not sure how much more he would have added to the story. I don't think we would be having this discussion, though, if they hadn't made Daryl so perfect now. He was so much more interesting as a flawed character.

Agreed. But I also think Daryl's storyline is somewhat played out. If Daryl had died (which I know he won't) we would see great development from a lot of the cast like Merle, Rick, and Carol. Merle's storyline was played out last season but if Daryl died a door would have opened for so many more storylines.

limaro

limaro

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio, US
I'd like T-Dog back, because he strikes me as the one longer lived character we never got to know anything about. His personality, backstory and why the writers even bothered putting him in the show will forever remain a mystery.

Maybe he could have been the angel on Rick's shoulder, for all we know. Given that scenario, I'll let Hershel die saving Carol.

(I'm a bit surprised at myself. 3 months ago I'd have been asking for Merle's return. But after rewatching his arc recently, I wouldn't trade that tragic failed redemption for anything. The drama and pathos were too well done to wish away.)

“That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery.”
― Stephen King, The Stand

Thierry88

Thierry88

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationNetherlands
I actually found the return of Merle last season a little bit unnecessary. It felt like he was brought back because many fans were wondering what happened to him after we saw his hand on the roof in Atlanta, not because he was a very interesting character back then for so far we had seen him. A lot of his potential was wasted last season as well. I certainly hoped to see him interact with T-Dog and Rick about what happened in Atlanta. T-Dog died before they could ever met and the interaction between Merle and Rick wasn't very interesting either. He did not really show his hatred towards him, in fact he escaped Woodbury with him and is later accepted into the prison after he and Daryl saved him outside the fences. In his dialog with Hershel he mentioned he spent a lot of time in the library of Woodbury reading books like the Bible, but we never saw him doing that, making it completely coming out of the blue and not very believable. It seemed they wanted to give some depth to Merle in very limited time. Nevertheless, his interaction with Daryl and his final act against The Governor was great.

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

I'd like T-Dog back, because he strikes me as the one longer lived character we never got to know anything about. His personality, backstory and why the writers even bothered putting him in the show will forever remain a mystery.

Maybe he could have been the angel on Rick's shoulder, for all we know. Given that scenario, I'll let Hershel die saving Carol.

(I'm a bit surprised at myself. 3 months ago I'd have been asking for Merle's return. But after rewatching his arc recently, I wouldn't trade that tragic failed redemption for anything. The drama and pathos were too well done to wish away.)

T-Dog's situation was certainly interesting. I believe he was only supposed to be in one or two episodes but ended up sticking around for much longer. Frank Darabont must have liked him for whatever reason, but Glen Mazzara definitely didn't know what to do with him. He had a lot of fan support from people who wanted to see his character explored a little more, but he ended up getting sacrificed to make Lori's death more shocking according to Mazzara on Talking Dead. It was a shame to keep him in the background for so long just to snuff him out for shock value. We don't have enough Season 1 characters left, which is why I hope all of the remaining ones hang around for a while longer.

I actually found the return of Merle last season a little bit unnecessary. It felt like he was brought back because many fans were wondering what happened to him after we saw his hand on the roof in Atlanta, not because he was a very interesting character back then for so far we had seen him. A lot of his potential was wasted last season as well. I certainly hoped to see him interact with T-Dog and Rick about what happened in Atlanta. T-Dog died before they could ever met and the interaction between Merle and Rick wasn't very interesting either. He did not really show his hatred towards him, in fact he escaped Woodbury with him and is later accepted into the prison after he and Daryl saved him outside the fences. In his dialog with Hershel he mentioned he spent a lot of time in the library of Woodbury reading books like the Bible, but we never saw him doing that, making it completely coming out of the blue and not very believable. It seemed they wanted to give some depth to Merle in very limited time. Nevertheless, his interaction with Daryl and his final act against the governor was great.

I liked Merle's return, but I agree that a lot of his potential was wasted. I was also hoping to see him interact with T-Dog. Season 1 set up something great by having T-Dog drop the key and leave Merle trapped, and I was really looking forward to see what Merle would say or do when he saw T again. I bet that'd have been a great scene.

Thierry88

Thierry88

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationNetherlands
Only thing we got was Merle replying "I hope he went slow" when Glenn mentioned T-Dog didn't make it.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

I agree that there was a lot of lost potential with T-Dog. I was upset with his death because after two seasons of being overlooked, we were promised that they would explore his character more in S3. What angered me more was that Mazzara basically stated that his death was to make Lori's death more shocking.

I actually found the return of Merle last season a little bit unnecessary. It felt like he was brought back because many fans were wondering what happened to him after we saw his hand on the roof in Atlanta, not because he was a very interesting character back then for so far we had seen him. A lot of his potential was wasted last season as well. I certainly hoped to see him interact with T-Dog and Rick about what happened in Atlanta. T-Dog died before they could ever met and the interaction between Merle and Rick wasn't very interesting either. He did not really show his hatred towards him, in fact he escaped Woodbury with him and is later accepted into the prison after he and Daryl saved him outside the fences. In his dialog with Hershel he mentioned he spent a lot of time in the library of Woodbury reading books like the Bible, but we never saw him doing that, making it completely coming out of the blue and not very believable. It seemed they wanted to give some depth to Merle in very limited time. Nevertheless, his interaction with Daryl and his final act against The Governor was great.

I agree that they did lose potential with Merle interacting with T-Dog and Rick.
I really didn't care for the scenes with Daryl and Merle in the woods, though. I understand that they wanted to show that Daryl had surpassed his brother with his survival skills but they missed showing us the internal conflict that Daryl had with his brother. Their relationship was dysfunctional and I thought that they might show us Daryl regressing somewhat. They really didn't explore that very deeply.

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

I agree that there was a lot of lost potential with T-Dog. I was upset with his death because after two seasons of being overlooked, we were promised that they would explore his character more in S3. What angered me more was that Mazzara basically stated that his death was to make Lori's death more shocking.

Oh I was so pissed off when I saw Mazzara say that. Was that on Talking Dead? Whatever, it doesn't matter where he said it, but everything was just wrong with that. What a waste of a good character, when one main character death in that episode would have been more than enough.

Mrs. DD

Mrs. DD

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationIndiana

[/size]

Oh I was so pissed off when I saw Mazzara say that. Was that on Talking Dead? Whatever, it doesn't matter where he said it, but everything was just wrong with that. What a waste of a good character, when one main character death in that episode would have been more than enough.

no kidding! I think it was on TTD...Mazzarra seemed to believe death was the only way to develop another character...and he didn't even do that well...pointless

prince_charming

prince_charming

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationSandy Eggo, California
Trade Sasha for Jacqui
Trade Bob for Axel
Trade Maggie for Karen
Trade Dr. 'S' for Dr. Stevens
Trade Daryl for Andrea

Sweetsister

Sweetsister

Survivor

• Members

no kidding! I think it was on TTD...Mazzarra seemed to believe death was the only way to develop another character...and he didn't even do that well...pointless

Agree with you all on this biggest thing for me I felt lied to. All the promo stuff led us to beleive this (season 3) is the season for T-Dog, IronE said it in all his promos. Either Mazzara told him to keep up the farce, or the poor guy never saw it coming.

I liked Andrea season 2 but how could she possible redeem herself from the debacle of season 3 (unless she was pregnant deliverd and almost died, but in this case baby died). I can see many viwers forgiver her in that instance.

aces07301

aces07301

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationWorking for Corning Life Sciences
Bring back Andrea, kill Sasha

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!