Add Or Take: Tarantino Edition

- - - - - add or take quentin tarantino

DukeSilver

DukeSilver

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationWinterfell
In case anyone's new to the game, here are the rules:

Each character starts with 8 points. You can take one turn per day by adding 2 to any character and subtracting 2 from another. Once all characters reach 12 points (max amount of points) then we move on to subtraction only until two characters are left standing. There will be two winners from each round that will fight to the death in the final round.

As always, thank you to KidSeventySeven, Serenity@Sea and SweetSister for the help :wub:

ROUND ONE

Alabama Whitman – True Romance

Butch Coolidge – Pulp Fiction

GoGo Yubari – Kill Bill: Volume 1

Mr. White – Reservoir Dogs

Colonel Hans Landa – Inglourious Basterds

Vincenzo Coccotti – True Romance

Max Cherry – Jackie Brown

Vincent Vega – Pulp Fiction

Marcellus Wallace – Pulp Fiction

Stuntman Mike – Death Proof

Alabama Whitman 8
Butch Coolidge 8
GoGo Yubari 8
Mr. White 8
Colonel Hans Landa 8
Vincenzo Coccotti 8
Max Cherry 8
Vincent Vega 8
Marcellus Wallace 8
Stuntman Mike 8

3VHWYjA.gif

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
Should I be ashamed that I had assumed I've seen every Tarantino movie, but then just realized he did True Romance? I know what I'm watching tonight...

Great idea to everyone who thought this up by the way

Alabama Whitman 8
Butch Coolidge 8
GoGo Yubari 8-2=6
Mr. White 8
Colonel Hans Landa 8+2=10
Vincenzo Coccotti 8
Max Cherry 8
Vincent Vega 8
Marcellus Wallace 8
Stuntman Mike 8

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators
Great job! This is going to be hard. So many great characters.
lol @ Marcellus's pic.

Alabama Whitman 8 + 2=10
Butch Coolidge 8
GoGo Yubari 6
Mr. White 8
Colonel Hans Landa 10
Vincenzo Coccotti 8
Max Cherry 8
Vincent Vega 8
Marcellus Wallace 8
Stuntman Mike 8 -2 =6

DukeSilver

DukeSilver

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationWinterfell
Alabama Whitman 10
Butch Coolidge 8
GoGo Yubari 6
Mr. White 8
Colonel Hans Landa 10 + 2 = 12
Vincenzo Coccotti 8
Max Cherry 8
Vincent Vega 8
Marcellus Wallace 8
Stuntman Mike 6 - 2 = 4

3VHWYjA.gif

Ansceniiiic

Ansceniiiic

Zombie Herder

• Members

Should I be ashamed that I had assumed I've seen every Tarantino movie, but then just realized he did True Romance? I know what I'm watching tonight...

He was the writer for True Romance, but Tony Scott directed it.

Alabama Whitman 10
Butch Coolidge 8+2 = 10
GoGo Yubari 6
Mr. White 8
Colonel Hans Landa 12
Vincenzo Coccotti 8
Max Cherry 8
Vincent Vega 8
Marcellus Wallace 8
Stuntman Mike 4-2 = 2

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

He was the writer for True Romance, but Tony Scott directed it.

Is it worth watching?

And no love for Stuntman Mike on this thread? Haha

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

DukeSilver

DukeSilver

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationWinterfell

Is it worth watching?

I love True Romance, and most Tarantino fans that I've talked to really enjoy it, as well.

Stuntman Mike is a creep, haha, and Death Proof is my least favorite Tarantino film, so :srug:

3VHWYjA.gif

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Is it worth watching?

Absou-freakin-lutely! It's an awesome flick.

Ansceniiiic

Ansceniiiic

Zombie Herder

• Members

Is it worth watching?

Most definitely. It still felt like a Tarantino movie to me when I watched it and I enjoyed the movie just as any other Tarantino film...apart from Deathproof, haha.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Stuntman Mike is a creep, haha, and Death Proof is my least favorite Tarantino film, so :srug:

I love Death Proof but that's probably my least favorite Tarantino film (Tarantino's, too) as well. It's still highly enjoyable. Probably goes something like this

Pulp Fiction>Inglorious Basterds>Kill Bill Vol. 2 (I HATED that ending, though)>Django Unchained>Kill Bill Vol. 1>Reservoir Dogs>Jackie Brown>Death Proof. True Romance will fit somewhere in there at some point. I'd also say that Kill Bill Vol. 2 and Django are pretty interchangeable and the gap between my top 2-5 isn't that large

Edit: Alright. Currently downloading True Romance because of the positive reaction via BitTor...uh...iTunes?

DukeSilver

DukeSilver

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationWinterfell

I love Death Proof but that's probably my least favorite Tarantino film (Tarantino's, too) as well. It's still highly enjoyable. Probably goes something like this

Pulp Fiction>Inglorious Basterds>Kill Bill Vol. 2 (I HATED that ending, though)>Django Unchained>Kill Bill Vol. 1>Reservoir Dogs>Jackie Brown>Death Proof. True Romance will fit somewhere in there at some point. I'd also say that Kill Bill Vol. 2 and Django are pretty interchangeable and the gap between my top 2-5 isn't that large

I'd say my list is about the same, but only the top 3 are really solid. The rest are pretty much interchangeable, with the exception of Death Proof.

It's always nice to see someone else who prefers KB:V2 to KB:V1 :zombiethumbsup:

3VHWYjA.gif

Ansceniiiic

Ansceniiiic

Zombie Herder

• Members
Four Rooms was amazing also, although technically Tarantino only wrote/directed a quarter of that movie, but I still consider that to be one of his. I can't wait to see what he does with his next movie "Killer Crow".

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members
  • LocationHanging out with Morgan
Alabama Whitman 10
Butch Coolidge 10
GoGo Yubari 6
Mr. White 8
Colonel Hans Landa 12
Vincenzo Coccotti 8
Max Cherry 8
Vincent Vega 8
Marcellus Wallace 8 + 2 = 10
Stuntman Mike 2 - 2 = 0

tumblr_mdsrpoSv1L1rczlwwo2_250.gif "I never stopped having my shit together." ~Michonne

Check out my blog

DukeSilver

DukeSilver

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationWinterfell

Stuntman Mike 2 - 2 = 0

Bye bye!

3VHWYjA.gif

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
It's past midnight where I live

Alabama Whitman 10
Butch Coolidge 10-2=8
GoGo Yubari 6
Mr. White 8
Colonel Hans Landa 12
Vincenzo Coccotti 8
Max Cherry 8
Vincent Vega 8
Marcellus Wallace 10+2=12

Sorry, Butch. Marcellus offered me the briefcase if I finished the job for him

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
Alabama Whitman 10
Butch Coolidge 8
GoGo Yubari 6 - 2 = 4
Mr. White 8
Colonel Hans Landa 12
Vincenzo Coccotti 8
Max Cherry 8
Vincent Vega 8 + 2 = 10
Marcellus Wallace 12

justvic77

justvic77

• Members
  • LocationNashville, TN
Aah Bless you for starting another one of these.

Alabama Whitman 10
Butch Coolidge 8
GoGo Yubari 4 - 2 = 2
Mr. White 8 +2 = 10
Colonel Hans Landa 12
Vincenzo Coccotti 8
Max Cherry 8
Vincent Vega 10
Marcellus Wallace 12
The first step is the one you believe in, the second one might be profound.

Sweetsister

Sweetsister

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationToronto, Canada
Sorry I'm late, when do yu guys have your Halloween Parties (for grown ups)????

Alabama Whitman 10+2=12
Butch Coolidge 8
GoGo Yubari 2
Mr. White 10-2=8 (sorry Mr. White you couldnt spot an undercover cop in your midst....sukkka)
Colonel Hans Landa 12
Vincenzo Coccotti 8
Max Cherry 8
Vincent Vega 10
Marcellus Wallace 12

I always consider True Romance Tarantino even though he diddnt direct)

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
Alabama Whitman 12
Butch Coolidge 8
GoGo Yubari 2 - 2 = DEAD
Mr. White 8
Colonel Hans Landa 12
Vincenzo Coccotti 8
Max Cherry 8
Vincent Vega 10 + 2 = 12
Marcellus Wallace 12

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators
Alabama Whitman 12
Butch Coolidge 8
Mr. White 8 -2= 6
Colonel Hans Landa 12
Vincenzo Coccotti 8 +2 =10
Max Cherry 8
Vincent Vega 12
Marcellus Wallace 12

Monroe, Did you watch True Romance last night? I'm curious what you thought about it.

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members
  • LocationHanging out with Morgan
Alabama Whitman 12
Butch Coolidge 8 + 2 = 10
Mr. White 6 - 2 = 4

Colonel Hans Landa 12
Vincenzo Coccotti 10
Max Cherry 8
Vincent Vega 12
Marcellus Wallace 12

tumblr_mdsrpoSv1L1rczlwwo2_250.gif "I never stopped having my shit together." ~Michonne

Check out my blog

DukeSilver

DukeSilver

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationWinterfell
Alabama Whitman 12
Butch Coolidge 10
Mr. White 4 - 2 = 2
Colonel Hans Landa 12
Vincenzo Coccotti 10 + 2 = 12
Max Cherry 8
Vincent Vega 12
Marcellus Wallace 12

3VHWYjA.gif

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Alabama Whitman 12
Butch Coolidge 8
Mr. White 8 -2= 6
Colonel Hans Landa 12
Vincenzo Coccotti 8 +2 =10
Max Cherry 8
Vincent Vega 12
Marcellus Wallace 12

Monroe, Did you watch True Romance last night? I'm curious what you thought about it.

I thought it was a very good film but I don't know if I'd think Tarantino was involved if I didn't know beforehand.

I'd say my list is about the same, but only the top 3 are really solid. The rest are pretty much interchangeable, with the exception of Death Proof.

It's always nice to see someone else who prefers KB:V2 to KB:V1 :zombiethumbsup:

I always loved V2 more. It has the more Western atmosphere, which I love. And as awesome as the fight with the Crazy 88 was at the end of V1, the fight with Elle Rider always topped that for me. I remember I first saw it with my Dad and when Budd was killed, I said, "Aw. I wanted the Bride to kill him."
"Well, he was killed by a Black Mamba."

That kind of blew my mind as a kid. Plus, I love her training scenes and all those flashbacks that characterize her relationship with Bill. I shouldn't have said I hated the ending, but I remember I was disappointed we didn't get a huge fight. I mean, Bill was feared by all his assassins and I was prepared for a fight that would leave me ready to pass out by the end. She literally didn't break a single nail killing him. Their last talk was pretty emotional, though

justvic77

justvic77

• Members
  • LocationNashville, TN
Alabama Whitman 12
Butch Coolidge 10 - 2 = 8
Mr. White 2 + 2 = 4
Colonel Hans Landa 12
Vincenzo Coccotti 12
Max Cherry 8
Vincent Vega 12
Marcellus Wallace 12

Now I can't let Mr. White slip away!
The first step is the one you believe in, the second one might be profound.

Ansceniiiic

Ansceniiiic

Zombie Herder

• Members
Alabama Whitman 12
Butch Coolidge 8 + 2 = 10
Mr. White 4
Colonel Hans Landa 12
Vincenzo Coccotti 12
Max Cherry 8 - 2 = 6
Vincent Vega 12
Marcellus Wallace 12

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!