The Walking Dead Season 4 Ep 2 - Infected - Review

- - - - - rick the prison the walking dead season 4 review rate and review

The Walking Dead - Infected (232 )

What was your opinion of Episode 2 - Infected?

1. Excellent (134 [57.76%] - )

57.76%

2. Good - Some Critiques (80 [34.48%] - )

34.48%

3. Fair - Not What I Expected (13 [5.60%] - )

5.60%

4. Poor (5 [2.16%] - )

2.16%

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

They already ran over one with a military vehicle, this season. Damn, you guys are brutal!! :lol:

I thought you might chime in on this conversation. :lol:

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers

I thought you might chime in on this conversation. :lol:

I wouldn't be fit to wear this badge, if I didn't. :P

Deadringer

Deadringer

Infected

• Members
I thought this was one of the best episodes in a long while, very well made and well paced. So many things were going on but it did not feel cluttered or rushed to me. I Don't know who directed this one but I thought it was very well done.

DoctorManhattan89

DoctorManhattan89

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationPittsburgh

In the "Making of Infected" video, Greg Nicotero talks about the plans they had to build a moat around the prison, but they had to scrap the idea because it became a hazard because of ground problems (quick sand).

Wow great find! I guess they did want to do that. They're spying on me!!!
"We're all puppets Laurie, I'm just a puppet who can see the strings."

Chinghis

Chinghis

Biter

• Members

It wasn't Violet, it was one of her piglets. Violet was already dead.

D'oh, that's right. Thanks.

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

D'oh, that's right. Thanks.

Yeah, too bad the piglets weren't named, too. Rick could've said, "Goodbye, Sprinkles. Thanks."

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members

Yeah, too bad the piglets weren't named, too. Rick could've said, "Goodbye, Sprinkles. Thanks."

Nicotero told us their (real) names on Talking Dead - Truffles, Pork Chop, and Bandit (?). :P

FJSP2627

FJSP2627

S-mart Employee

• Members

am I the only one who sees those two little girls playing out the whole Billy/Ben story line from the comics? because lets be honest that older one be CRAY

absolutely, that LIzzie girl is insane

Macek11

Macek11

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationLA
Yeah it will feel like Ben/Billy, but will be different ultimately..
I for one don't see
Spoiler

Blasko_Z

Blasko_Z

Biter

• Members

Yeah it will feel like Ben/Billy, but will be different ultimately..
I for one don't see

Spoiler

I agree. That isn't to say that it couldn't happen, just that I believe AMC
Spoiler

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
Please tag comic spoilers!!!

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members
  • LocationHanging out with Morgan

In the "Making of Infected" video, Greg Nicotero talks about the plans they had to build a moat around the prison, but they had to scrap the idea because it became a hazard because of ground problems (quick sand).

I am not for endangering anyone, so wasn't there a way to incorporate the truth in the show. For instance, they could have showed the group trying to dig a moat only discover quicksand and quit. I am not saying to dig where the actual quicksand is. Remember, I want to keep people safe. What I am saying is to create some fake quicksand in the studio and have that situation happen. It is obviously realistic. It really happened. It would have been a great action scene while explaining some of the things the group tried and why they weren't incorporated into the defenses--quite simply because it was to hazardous for the group.

tumblr_mdsrpoSv1L1rczlwwo2_250.gif "I never stopped having my shit together." ~Michonne

Check out my blog

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis
Hmmmm....seems like quick sand pits would make good walker traps.

But yes, of course, safety first for the cast and crew of the show.

greatbignow

greatbignow

Infected

• Members

Wow, did you honestly just say that Carol is becoming similar to Ed? It's like we are watching two entirely separate programs. Carol doesn't strike me as someone who has a malicious bone in her body.

Have you seen the deleted scene where she tells Merle she will kill him? Sounds pretty malicious (or at least willing to be brutal) to me. Of course, you could argue it was a deleted scene, so not relevant, but I still think so.

Blasko_Z

Blasko_Z

Biter

• Members

Have you seen the deleted scene where she tells Merle she will kill him? Sounds pretty malicious (or at least willing to be brutal) to me. Of course, you could argue it was a deleted scene, so not relevant, but I still think so.

Well, since it is a deleted scene, and thus, not something that happened in the show's universe, then it's irrelevant to the discussion. Now, I haven't seen that scene recently enough to recall the dialogue, but I am betting that it was less maliciousness, and more a warning.

head_creeps

head_creeps

S-mart Employee

• Members

It's was drawn by Lizzie (or Mika) since she named Nick and there does appear to be something in their hands. Good catch!

Great catch! I totally missed this. Very spooky stuff, if you think about it, and it seems to answer the mystery pretty clearly.

This episode reaffirmed my belief in this show. Just when I starting to think it was becoming a "been there, done that" sort of show (something I really didn't even want to admit, not even to myself) this show catapulted itself right back into much-watch tv status because of its own excellence.

Great episode!

Steph

Steph

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

Well, since it is a deleted scene, and thus, not something that happened in the show's universe, then it's irrelevant to the discussion. Now, I haven't seen that scene recently enough to recall the dialogue, but I am betting that it was less maliciousness, and more a warning.

It was nowhere near how Ed was, trust me. If anything, it only further proved the growth of Carol that she will never again take any shit from a man, especially bullies like Ed and Merle. I thought it showed pretty well how strong she's become, and unafraid to defend herself and those she loves.

Blasko_Z

Blasko_Z

Biter

• Members

It was nowhere near how Ed was, trust me. If anything, it only further proved the growth of Carol that she will never again take any shit from a man, especially bullies like Ed and Merle. I thought it showed pretty well how strong she's become, and unafraid to defend herself and those she loves.

That is what I figured it was. No offense to you, greatbignow, but it seems like you just really want to see Carol that way, despite all evidence being to the contrary.

Dr Cank

Dr Cank

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationWNC
Trust Her Blasko, Damn it Trust Her.... :lol:

Sorry, it is just so rare we are asked to trust in one another here on the old R&L. But Steph...... I Trust you :P

pressto

pressto

Infected

• Members

A few things bothered me in this episode:

For a dead guy with no conscious thought process, Walker Patrick sure did pick the perfect spot to bite his victim. Season two we see a walker aim for Daryl's boot because, presumably, it was closest and the walker is too dumb to know foot from face, but this time it really looked like he looked his victim over before biting. I suppose, though, it could be argued that the man was snoring and he was following the rumbling noise.. But still.

How quickly they identified Patrick. It seemed like they just looked at him right after he was shot and knew that he had no bites. With that much blood on him there is no way they could make that call without a thorough search.

That no one is drawing a line with that little girl's misconception about walkers. Her sister can see it, but the adults are completely ignoring how skewed her perception is.

That Rick used the pig as bait and only drove a handful of feet away from the fence to disperse them. Come on, Rick, really? I get that you suspect the pigs are sick so losing them is no great loss, but if that is the thought process, why in the name of all that is good would you deliberately expose yourself to their blood? Walkers don't need to see the blood to attack the pig, just setting it down would do the trick. Secondly, if you are going to needlessly feed the pigs to the walkers rather than simply making noise and driving off, why didn't you drive further away from the fence line so they won't just come back in twenty minutes when the meal is done? Stupid.

The meaningless character deaths of people we don't know but should care about because of their interactions with other characters we barely know.

Burying/burning bodies infected with an unknown pathogen on prison property. Way to spread it, guys.

Also, who else noticed that Judith is coughing? That is definitely an, 'I feel sick' cry.

I agree with pretty much everything here, particularly why Rick didn't drive further away before sacrificing the pigs. However, I must admit, that scene was one of the hardest to watch ever on TWD or any other show for that matter. I don't know if I was cringing because I felt sorry for the pigs (I tend to over-sympathize with animals on TV/movies) or if it was Rick's reaction that made it so powerful. But for me, the BIGGEST hole in this episode was Rick exposing himself to all the blood that is allegedly infected. I didn't catch on that Judith was coughing, however, I'm glad some of you have mentioned it because I think that will become important.

And I hope I don't catch too much heat for this, but I am soooooo over the Maggie/Glen love story.

Lastly: Does anything still think that maybe this infected water is the governor's doing and not something spread by the pigs? I feel that the writers have made the gov so absent that we are supposed to forget about him and then WHAM! I could be wrong, but something seems fishy about it. And that is saying a lot since it wouldn't surprise me one bit that sickness was spreading fast in the conditions that the survivors live in.

Steph

Steph

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

Trust Her Blasko, Damn it Trust Her.... :lol:

Sorry, it is just so rare we are asked to trust in one another here on the old R&L. But Steph...... I Trust you :P

lol Good to know Cank.

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • LocationThe Prydwen

Shield yourself from those not bound to you by steel, for they are the blind. Aid them when you can, but lose not sight of yourself. 

StrollingDead

StrollingDead

Roamer

• Members
Just a point on the little piggies- it looked like they were just getting a slash down the side. To slow them down that much,you'd have to hamstring them or cut deep enough to spill out guts. Otherwise,they'd just run and squeal....well,like a stuck pig.

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
The impression I got from Rick cutting the pigs was to draw out the smell of fresh blood to make them more attractive to the walkers.

ExLurker

ExLurker

Lurker

• Members
Great points everyone! I want to add some thoughts to the burned bodies debate.

They are obviously Karen and David, the two people identified as being sick and quarantined in "death row" (nicely done, producers). Dr. S is sent by the council to examine them. Now we know the illness causes massive bleeding from the nose, eyes and mouth. I think it's totally possible they died from the illness, the doctor pierced their brain, drug the bodies outside (resulting in the blood trails) and burned the upper body (respiratory system) in an attempt to contain the infection and keep it from spreading.

I don't think anyone was trying to hide the identities of the bodies, mostly because it would be impossible:

1) there are a limited number of people around, and everyone knows everyone, so they'd know who was missing.
2) the entire council knew who the two people in quarantine were
3) there was a massive blood trail leading from the quarantine site to the bodies, so keeping it a secret didn't seem to be on anyone's mind.

Now, it may not have been Dr. S that did the dragging/burning. I put Sasha on a short list of people who might have done it too, she seemed very alarmed when Karen started coughing and how close she was to her brother. But I don't think they were murdered. All the clues seem to lead to the conclusion that whatever happened, nobody was trying to hide it from everyone else, which you would expect from a murder. I think they died and then they were dragged and burned.

Also, all my extra cash on Lizzie being the one who fed the walkers at the fence.
REMAIN CALM AND CARRY ON

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!