The Walking Dead Season 4 Ep 2 - Infected - Review

- - - - - rick the prison the walking dead season 4 review rate and review

The Walking Dead - Infected (232 )

What was your opinion of Episode 2 - Infected?

1. Excellent (134 [57.76%] - )

57.76%

2. Good - Some Critiques (80 [34.48%] - )

34.48%

3. Fair - Not What I Expected (13 [5.60%] - )

5.60%

4. Poor (5 [2.16%] - )

2.16%

remmdog

remmdog

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationCT
Read a few post and I presonally loved the episode. The details from Gimble have been great and the story behind the characters is coming to the front of the lines, while also keeping the Walkers danger present.

- Loved the creepiness of Karen in the restroom looking around for the noise, it was edge of the seat oh shit is she going to be bit or find Patrick or will she live. Then she coughs and we were like oh shit... so much for that.

- For those wondering how Rick KNEW about Patrick without even looking at him... in fact he didn't. Rewatch, there is another man, forgot his name, that turned, but he is locked in his cell. That's when Rick realized he died during the night without being bit. Then Daryll replies same with Patrick, hinting that he looked him over after attack on Glenn.

- For those that would lock yourselfs in, well apparently some of them do. Others probably are too comfortable being from Woodbury to think there is any threat. I remember Sasha running out saying they had lookouts in Block C and no walkers were there... so I wonder how seperate the Woodbury "Red Shirts" are vs the Old Gang.

- Pigs - Rick cut the hind of the legs to not allow them to run, not as much for the bood in the water. Loved the expression like well here we go... just like Daryll said, when the Shit hits the Fan, Rick's there to hold the shovel. He had the only idea to get them distracted as they reinforced the fence.

- There are two fences at the moment, so that is the current backup as well.

- Carol knife school.. the only problem is the not communicating what she is teaching with the parents, she is putting herself in a role that she wants for the kids, without dealing with their parents. Liked that Carl told Rick right away.

Have to run, great episode though liked it.

General Ian Zane

General Ian Zane

Roamer

• Members
Yeah, I'm the kind of person who is usually not concerned with logical plot holes. I'm more interested in emotional continuity, which has been sorely lacking in the last few seasons, but is getting better now.

That being said, I am struck by how those little hordeletts are left standing around. Seriously, an hours worth of stabwork should really take them all out. No need to let them build up. So I just use my imagination, and pretend that the hordes are as big as they would be with an infinite AMC budget.

meesha1971

meesha1971

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationKentucky

I thought it was incredibly well done on more than a few levels. The walker cell assault shows how relaxing guard after over 1/2 year of relative peace can result in death. More to the point, it highlighted a facet of Carol we're seeing now which can be very unsettling. She is not only teaching survival skills to kids, but in this instance pressuring them to kill their own father when he's infected and dying, then calling them weak when they cannot go through with it. With this sort of training you need compassion for the students and their psychology. Carol appears to be bypassing that in favor of feeling compassionate about training them to keep alive. I wonder how Ed first was when he was grooming her and later her own daughter in a controlling relationship?

The virus which appears to be striking the prison has been likened to the 1918 influenza outbreak. As such it can be devastating but can also be survivable, which means that a coughing judith or maggie need not concern us too much. Isolation and maintaining healthy habits will go a long way towards mitigating it, and despite the explosive nature of these exposures it has been caught and acted on quickly.

I regret the loss of Karen, but it will serve very well to up the ante for the prison group, even more so than the rat feeding is doing.

Great character spotlight on Michonne with the kid this time around. LOVED that little gimme we got! It was also nice to see her in danger this time, with genuine feeling of concern and not just that face of determined anger she wore all last season.

The pig slaughter at the end returns us, like Carol does, to the concept that the living really are the walking dead in this world. To have to maim and create such fear in the pigs to keep the walkers from your fence for a few (albeit precious) moments is a stronger moral compromise than many of us realize at the outset. I bet it stays with Rick somehow.

The scene with Maggie and Glenn in the beginning is so much better than the recent wake up naked moments. They show love and concern for each other, respect for each others abilities and decisions, and it also highlighted a major concern for the people on the tower...something can happen inside the prison and you'd never know about it until it was all over.

This is a great second episode, it's nice to see such a good step forward this week!

You've said most of what I was going to so I'm just going to completely agree with you. :lol:

I was prepared for Karen to die - the promos showing Tyreese's reaction pretty much gave it away that it would be Karen or Sasha getting killed. I figured Karen was more likely because they're establishing this new disease as a threat so it makes sense to use redshirts for that. At this point, the big issue is how these people died rather than who died. I can't wait to see how this plays out with them figuring out how to deal with this illness and someone who is playing God by killing the people who get sick. Add in the mystery of someone deliberately sabotaging the fences by luring the walkers to them with rats and the suspense is going through the roof.

I thought that the premiere and this episode would feel like part 1 and part 2 - and that's exactly how it felt. I watched the replay of the premiere last night and, as much as I enjoyed the premiere last week, I think these episodes in particular were meant to be seen together. Too bad AMC didn't just go for a 2 hour premiere.

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4
I really liked this episode. Michonne seems to be showing a new facet every time you turn around, Rick put down the hoe for the Python, and oh man...Tyreese sang Sinatra, I'm loving this guy more and more each episode. I'm definitely curious about Lizzie, it seems like her character can go so many ways. She could turn out to be completely normal, or she could turn out to be utterly out of her mind...either way I'm liking the potential that's there. I'm on the fence about these Bob Stookey theories. It's like some people have said, it seems too obvious if you're a comic reader, but then again there's so much deviation from the comics at this point...who even knows. :srug: I guess what I like so far this season is that I really don't know what's going to happen, the path isn't so obviously laid out as it seemed to be in season three.
Jon is fine, dammit.

Bestrafen

Bestrafen

Roamer

• Members
I love how Glenn is only brought up to bitch and whine about or if it's regarding death theories but everything great he's done for the group and Maggie is completely forgotten not 5 minutes afterwards. I sometimes wonder if people are watching the same show I am.

Glenn not doing anything this episode? I guess no one saw all the walkers he owned in Cell Block D with Daryl. Glenn not spotting the person feeding the walkers? "That idiot is too busy mounting Maggie!" Carol or Daryl not spotting them had she been in the tower? "That's perfectly understandable. It was really far away and the flashlight is so dim from that distance so there is no real way to have spotted anything! Get real!"

Sweetsister

Sweetsister

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationToronto, Canada

I really liked this episode. Michonne seems to be showing a new facet every time you turn around, Rick put down the hoe for the Python, and oh man...Tyreese sang Sinatra, I'm loving this guy more and more each episode. I'm definitely curious about Lizzie, it seems like her character can go so many ways. She could turn out to be completely normal, or she could turn out to be utterly out of her mind...either way I'm liking the potential that's there. I'm on the fence about these Bob Stookey theories. It's like some people have said, it seems too obvious if you're a comic reader, but then again there's so much deviation from the comics at this point...who even knows. :srug: I guess what I like so far this season is that I really don't know what's going to happen, the path isn't so obviously laid out as it seemed to be in season three.

The song choice they had him sing was IMO a bit of sick humor (which I liked) "got you under my skin" = infectious disease is revealed and poor Karen may have been infected :lol: .

Singlyme

Singlyme

Biter

• Members
  • LocationPA

He was with Dr. S and the gang when they were looking at the kid who sleepwalks. He had a couple lines, I don't recall them right away though.

Is Bob also the one who caused the liquor shelf to collapse? This guy just keeps getting on the radar.

Mrs. DD

Mrs. DD

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationIndiana

Is Bob also the one who caused the liquor shelf to collapse? This guy just keeps getting on the radar.

yes, that was him...I find him to be totally shady

tumblr_nwtdrwFfAs1uxhwb1o4_250.gif

GirlsDeadMonster

GirlsDeadMonster

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNorfolk, VA
I thought the episode was good but I saw a few things coming. I kind of figured out that the infection was not walker related but due to stagnant water and poor hygiene it was bound to happen and the fact that you turn once dead only makes it worse. I figured Karen would get sick first when Tyreese and her were hanging out in the library and the camera focused on her bracelet. Usually when this happens it used to identify a body to a character(flash forward to her charred remains) then of course she used the same water Patrick coughed in. What freaked me out the most was a walker Patrick casually walking through D and walks into a room and chomps a sleeping guy's neck. Yikes, I would hate for this to happen. Then that whole craziness with the sisters and walker Nick again. Also, I didn't care too much for killing the pigs. It was a good idea but I cringed each time. Poor pigs.
I don't have to outrun walkers, I just have to outrun you!
Highschool Of The Dead full 240316

Mrs. DD

Mrs. DD

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationIndiana

then of course she used the same water Patrick coughed in.

how the eff did I not connect these dots??!!

tumblr_nwtdrwFfAs1uxhwb1o4_250.gif

DayWalker

DayWalker

Survivor

• Members
Great episode! Loved the eyeball through the fence scene. The AMC budget for special effects must have gone up, because the folks have out done themselves.

I thought we lost Hershel when the Harry Potter walker bit that guys throat out. Freaked me out! Glad Hershel is still with us.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

I think Glen and Maggie are about to come unstuck, as the script writers are putting a lot of focus on them at the moment.

Great episode really, lots of finger nail bitting moments and tear jurkers too. Good to see Rick back.

I read on another forum that the picture Karen picks up, that a child drew - shows someone feeding the walkers? Trying to find the bit in the episode again, see for myself, but really think the little girl is trouble.

I don't think its Bob, or Carol, or Carl.

It's was drawn by Lizzie (or Mika) since she named Nick and there does appear to be something in their hands. Good catch!

z06hater

z06hater

Infected

• Members
I thought the episode was great and ready to see what happens with the water/virus next!

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Good episode. The beginning was a bit ridiculous though.

Why was Walker Patrick in apparent hibernation, only to be startled by a noise Karen made? My guess is what we saw last week with Patrick turning was happening while Karen was in there too.

How did Karen not hear Walker Patrick's footsteps and zombie noises? She fell asleep that fast in about 3 seconds? That was probably the dumbest part of the episode.

Mustache guy, yeah he got his throat eaten and couldn't scream, but that's not an instant death. He should've been thrashing, which would've made noise. Not that it would've mattered from what else we saw. These prison walls apparently absorb sound, not echo it, and people can't heard a damn thing, even in the still of night.

Walker Patrick wasn't exactly silent while he was eating. Nobody heard that all night long?

That bothered me too about Karen, she hears a slight noise in the bathroom but lays down and poof, she's out like a light. Since she had investigated the noise, you would think that she still had adrenaline flowing.

Very good episode with lots of fodder for the imagination. Clues abound. Will we follow them correctly?

When Glen took the picture of Maggie, my first thought was that it would be carried in his pocket after she dies. I suspect Maggie's days are numbered.

I, too, believe Bob may be feeding the rats and demoralizing the residents. I think it's Bob because he's a stranger and they've given him a speaking role. LOL

As for Michonne, I didn't think of a lost child. I thought she was reluctant to lose herself to a child she saw as already dead. Innocence and beauty with no prayer of survival. Tears for the precious infant whose life would be THIS reality. Michonne stays tough and a loner without the heartbreak of losing someone she loves. Judith pulled down her wall. Now, she cares - and she didn't want to.

When Rick was slicing those pigs for the smell of blood, his expression at one point was a silent, "Shit. Here we go again. I'm back in it."

I really think that it was more than just letting herself feel emotions for a baby. The way she reacted when Judith first started crying was if it had triggered a bad memory for her.

Grénádé

Grénádé

Lurker

• Members
Re-watching it and they are at the scene killing the fence walkers and Maggie falls down and Glenn gets all worried.

Jesus Glenn, she just fell down.

I'm with a lot of people here, something needs to break those two up as Glenn is acting like a wimp.

Bestrafen

Bestrafen

Roamer

• Members

Re-watching it and they are at the scene killing the fence walkers and Maggie falls down and Glenn gets all worried.

Jesus Glenn, she just fell down.

I'm with a lot of people here, something needs to break those two up as Glenn is acting like a wimp.

The hell are you going on about? She fell down and he was just trying to help her up.

Grénádé

Grénádé

Lurker

• Members

The hell are you going on about? She fell down and he was just trying to help her up.

There was a bigger issue at hand than helping Maggie stand up.

I mean tend a giant wall of walkers about to come down on everyone or help someone who is perfectly capable get up?

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln
I agree that Glenn is being too overprotective of her. It's understandable seeing as they're in a ZA, but at the same time it's not fun to watch.

I wouldn't say he's a wimp but he needs to let Maggie be Maggie. Like she said, they should not be afraid to live and Glenn is hindering her.

Alien Angie

Alien Angie

S-mart Employee

• Members

Alright I loved it... That was my favorite episode since The Killer Within.

I'll write more later but my standout scene was with Carol and the girls when Lizzie tried to kill her father but couldn't and her little sister had to console her. That was heartbreaking.

IMO the best bit of child acting we've had on the show in 4 years!
Angie
xxxxx

Hellraiser-89

Hellraiser-89

Infected

• Members
  • LocationHiding from the walkers
I liked everything about this episode, except that Karen died. She was so hot!

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left
I loved this episode, one of the most heartbreaking ones in a while.
I really felt bad for Rick, I mean, I know people give him flack for being a little unstable, but he was made to do some really hard things this episode, and they captured that just perfectly.
I wish Bob got more screen-time this episode, he seemed like a pretty cool guy last episode.

"There's no "I" in team" 

"Yeah, there's no "U" either. So I guess if I'm not on the team, and you're not on the team, nobody's on the God damn team. The team sucks!"

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln

IMO the best bit of child acting we've had on the show in 4 years!
Angie
xxxxx

Glad to hear someone else agrees with me. Most seem to think that they're awful. I'll admit the scene outside with the flowers could have been better acted by the older one, but I thought the scene of them in the cell with their father was extremely well-acted and heartbreaking.

Makes sense that the girl would be like, "Okay I can do this," and then when she's actually about to do it, she realizes whats about to happen and flips out. Mika then consoling her as Carol finished the job was very sad to watch.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators
If your partner fell down, wouldn't you check on them to make sure they were okay or help them up?

I think that Glenn is feeling more protective of Maggie because of the pregnancy scare. I do think that they should give Glenn more to do than just worry about Maggie though.

Valleyaggie

Valleyaggie

Biter

• Members
  • LocationSouth Texas
I thought it was an excellent episode! - And hey! I'm back! - I like the Carol teaching the kids and trying to get Lizzy to toughen up. To me, at least, Carol obviously feels guilty about Sophie's death and is trying to teach the kids to defend themselves so that they won't die like Sophie. She wants to give them all the survival skills Sophie didn't have. I didn't catch the picture of Nick the Walker until Serenity posted it. Good catch and that closes the case for Lizzy as the rat supplier as far as I'm concerned. I loved the scene with Michonne and Judith. Obviously, Michonne has lost a child and wow - what an explanation for Michonne's coldness! I think we'll finally start to see Michonne's shell cracking, especially with Rick and Carl. I also really like the way Michonne and Carl have bonded. The pig scenes were very disturbing but I agree that it had to be done. As for those that thought Rick should have just let them go and have them run around, Rick simply couldn't take the chance that the pigs would run back toward the fence and get trapped against it. He HAD to draw the walkers out away from the fence and he did that very well. I'm worried about the burning of Karen and David. It had to have been a council member and the thought of any of the main characters doing something like that is very, very bad. I'm glad to see Rick taking back his power and giving Carl back his gun. Let's face it; Rick was broken. Now the glue seems to be setting and holding. I apologize that my comments are all one paragraph. For some reason, the browser won't let me hit "enter" to separate my paragraphs. BTW, it's good to see you guys. :)
"My mind is my weapon ... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." - Tyrion Lannister

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

I thought it was an excellent episode! - And hey! I'm back! - I like the Carol teaching the kids and trying to get Lizzy to toughen up. To me, at least, Carol obviously feels guilty about Sophie's death and is trying to teach the kids to defend themselves so that they won't die like Sophie. She wants to give them all the survival skills Sophie didn't have. I didn't catch the picture of Nick the Walker until Serenity posted it. Good catch and that closes the case for Lizzy as the rat supplier as far as I'm concerned. I loved the scene with Michonne and Judith. Obviously, Michonne has lost a child and wow - what an explanation for Michonne's coldness! I think we'll finally start to see Michonne's shell cracking, especially with Rick and Carl. I also really like the way Michonne and Carl have bonded. The pig scenes were very disturbing but I agree that it had to be done. As for those that thought Rick should have just let them go and have them run around, Rick simply couldn't take the chance that the pigs would run back toward the fence and get trapped against it. He HAD to draw the walkers out away from the fence and he did that very well. I'm worried about the burning of Karen and David. It had to have been a council member and the thought of any of the main characters doing something like that is very, very bad. I'm glad to see Rick taking back his power and giving Carl back his gun. Let's face it; Rick was broken. Now the glue seems to be setting and holding. I apologize that my comments are all one paragraph. For some reason, the browser won't let me hit "enter" to separate my paragraphs. BTW, it's good to see you guys. :)

Welcome back! Been wondering about you and hoping you'd return. :)

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!