The Walking Dead Season 4 Ep 2 - Infected - Review

- - - - - rick the prison the walking dead season 4 review rate and review

The Walking Dead - Infected (232 )

What was your opinion of Episode 2 - Infected?

1. Excellent (134 [57.76%] - )

57.76%

2. Good - Some Critiques (80 [34.48%] - )

34.48%

3. Fair - Not What I Expected (13 [5.60%] - )

5.60%

4. Poor (5 [2.16%] - )

2.16%

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

JesusMonroe, let me just say I really enjoyed your review and critique. It was pleasurable to read, and I found myself laughing in agreement with a lot of things that you had to say. I found "Infected" to be superior to its predecessor "30 Days Without An Incident/Accident" mainly because Rick is no longer farming, and has come to realize he functions most efficiently for everyone in the group as a leader. No but really, the premier wasn't bad when you consider the inevitable fact that it HAD to be a set up episode to compensate the time jump as well as introducing new characters and such. I digress on that though... LOTS of good action this episode as well as character development, jungle fever romance, and death. What more could you possibly ask for? I know the big question on everyone's mind has to be the burned bodies... so let's all hash out some theories!

I gave the episode a "Very Good" grade. What more do people want?

The grade doesn't really matter and I should probably get rid of it. It's the review itself that matters. I liked most of the episode even though it had flaws, but I'm not going to just ignore the flaws. I'm curious what people thought the grade should've been. An "A-" would've have to been as good as or better than the Pilot but worse than Clear. A "A" would've have to been as good or better than Clear. "A+" are unbelievably rare and the curve spikes up from the point so that it's near impossible to get it. It has to be a perfect episode of TV and only a 4 or 5 episodes of TV have ever gotten it

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

bigbro263

bigbro263

Infected

• Members

I'm not sure he's the one that spread the infection (he'd be potentially exposed to it himself) but I do feel like Bob could be a plant working for the governor. Maybe he is the one feeding the rats to the walkers to try to cause a build-up that breaks through, weakening their defenses? The only problem with the theory is that I'm not sure how the Governor could motivate Bob to do that to these people that he can clearly see are decent people, but then again he is a pretty persuasive person.

If Bob is with the govenor then I think he could've easily been persuaded seeing as how he may have been with the Govenor for up to 8 months. Also I doubt anyone would've brought up anything about the Govenor to Bob in the week he has been there. And I agree that Bob may be exposed to the disease if he is spreading it but anybody else that could possibly be spreading it would also be at risk of this. Once again I think the fact that he was a medic in his past might mean he knows how to handle danerous diseases without getting sick himself.

TheTalkingZombie

TheTalkingZombie

S-mart Employee

• Members
Carol teaching the kids survival is okay (not keeping the other adults in loop is foolhardy though) but the way she was insisting that the girls put down their father - that was fu**ed up. That was like crossing a line and going beyond. Does she not see the adverse reactions of such actions on kids - she has Carl as an example. The kids may turn into psychopaths. Is it worth destroying their humanity. I hated that scene very much and Carol too in that moment.

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis
I need to watch it again, but I don't think Carol was making them do anything. She gave some advice when Lizzy went over to do it, but wasn't making her do it. And in the end, she took care of it herself, as gently as she could. I saw compassion there, not her lording it over the girls.

Two in the Head

Two in the Head

Infected

• Members
  • LocationWashington, DC
Good morning all!

Pretty decent episode last night. Looks like the showrunners are moving fast this season. The infection/virus arc to me is just a way to condense the amount of people residing at the prison, and to start concentrating on the core characters. I still feel that the Govna as well as Bob are working together. I think Bob is the one feeding the walkers the rats and probably killed Karen and the other infected person (can't recall his name). The two sisters just found their new mommy. Carole has become one my favorite characters. Her journey has been awesome. I sure hope that she will be around for a while. Will we ever get to Michonne's backstory. The scene with Judith was very touching. Was Michonne pregnant at one time, or did she have to put her own child down. Was one of the chained walkers that she walked around with in season 3 the father. What's up with that. Inquiring minds want to know. It also looks like the old Rick is finally back. When Rick put his holster back on last night, it reminded me of an old western movie where the sheriff is about to have a showdown. Loved it. Last but not least Maggie and Glen. What's up? What do you think the writers have in store for these two? Will we lose one of them by season end?

That Guy

That Guy

Biter

• Members
  • LocationBumfuck, Nowhere
Another excellent episode. Mazzara must be sulking in a corner after seeing this, because Gimple managed to draw in as many viewers as season 3 without resorting to conflict 24/7. Instead, the balance in this episode was perfect, just like the previous one. Great action, drama and suspense all combined in a neat package with a pretty intestine bow.

Looking forward to the next one.

Singlyme

Singlyme

Biter

• Members
  • LocationPA
Very good episode with lots of fodder for the imagination. Clues abound. Will we follow them correctly?

When Glen took the picture of Maggie, my first thought was that it would be carried in his pocket after she dies. I suspect Maggie's days are numbered.

I, too, believe Bob may be feeding the rats and demoralizing the residents. I think it's Bob because he's a stranger and they've given him a speaking role. LOL

As for Michonne, I didn't think of a lost child. I thought she was reluctant to lose herself to a child she saw as already dead. Innocence and beauty with no prayer of survival. Tears for the precious infant whose life would be THIS reality. Michonne stays tough and a loner without the heartbreak of losing someone she loves. Judith pulled down her wall. Now, she cares - and she didn't want to.

When Rick was slicing those pigs for the smell of blood, his expression at one point was a silent, "Shit. Here we go again. I'm back in it."

jaco

jaco

Roamer

• Members
Anybody else get a weird lesbian vibe between Michonne and Beth in the cell, or is that just me with every Michonne scene?

Judari

Judari

Biter

• Members

I need to watch it again, but I don't think Carol was making them do anything. She gave some advice when Lizzy went over to do it, but wasn't making her do it. And in the end, she took care of it herself, as gently as she could. I saw compassion there, not her lording it over the girls.

Agreed. It was Lizzy who stepped up and said she wanted to do it in the first place. The urgency Carol was giving off in the scene for Lizzy to do it I didn't read as forceful but her wanting Lizzy to end it before he woke back up as a walker.

LoriG

LoriG

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationNebraska (I should be so lucky. The UK)
I think Glen and Maggie are about to come unstuck, as the script writers are putting a lot of focus on them at the moment.

Great episode really, lots of finger nail bitting moments and tear jurkers too. Good to see Rick back.

I read on another forum that the picture Karen picks up, that a child drew - shows someone feeding the walkers? Trying to find the bit in the episode again, see for myself, but really think the little girl is trouble.

I don't think its Bob, or Carol, or Carl.

This isn't flying, its falling with style - www.takenbyalice.co.uk

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis
Interesting on the picture, I'll have to pay extra attention to that when I watch it again later.

Shane is the Man

Shane is the Man

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationFlorida
I really liked this episode. It was much better than the premiere.
The one critique I have and it's a technical one, was during the zombie attack some recently zombified lady gets her head stomped on and it's goes squash like a collapsible ball. She's only been dead for a few minutes, so her head is still going to be pretty solid.

Yo soy guajiro y carretero, y en el campo vivo bien, porque el campo es el Eden, mas lindo del mundo entero. 

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members
Good episode. The beginning was a bit ridiculous though.

Why was Walker Patrick in apparent hibernation, only to be startled by a noise Karen made? My guess is what we saw last week with Patrick turning was happening while Karen was in there too.

How did Karen not hear Walker Patrick's footsteps and zombie noises? She fell asleep that fast in about 3 seconds? That was probably the dumbest part of the episode.

Mustache guy, yeah he got his throat eaten and couldn't scream, but that's not an instant death. He should've been thrashing, which would've made noise. Not that it would've mattered from what else we saw. These prison walls apparently absorb sound, not echo it, and people can't heard a damn thing, even in the still of night.

Walker Patrick wasn't exactly silent while he was eating. Nobody heard that all night long?

zombie.apache.rose

zombie.apache.rose

Infected

• Members
  • LocationPhiladelphia
Last night's episode was really good! A little slow in the beginning and WAY too many commercials. Some crazy graphic scenes that were unexpected too. You gotta love Nicotera's work!

The scene with the two girls and Carol with the dad about to turn was pretty powerful.

I believe that it is to be assumed that the one girl was feeding the walkers. For some reason the girl just can't accept what they have become.

Michonne showing emotion!?!?! Could this be the hint of more to come about her past? I must point out is the last thing I would want to see is a soft Michonne! She is one badass bitch!

I had a feeling that as soon as Rich said he knew what to do to attract the walkers away from the prison fence...he was going to sacrafice the pigs. Very smart on his part.

When he gave Carl his gun and he put his belt with holsters back on I got goose pimples all over! VIVA LA RICK!

It was also great to see some major zombie action!!!!!!!!!!

zombie.apache.rose

zombie.apache.rose

Infected

• Members
  • LocationPhiladelphia

I really liked this episode. It was much better than the premiere.
The one critique I have and it's a technical one, was during the zombie attack some recently zombified lady gets her head stomped on and it's goes squash like a collapsible ball. She's only been dead for a few minutes, so her head is still going to be pretty solid.

Excellent point! lol

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members

Real fast, at the end, that was Karen and David that were roasted, right?

Karen for sure, since they showed the bracelet she wears.

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members

Good episode. I'm glad that they're putting the focus back on the walkers. I have a question though:

Have they introduced the fact that the walkers are attracted by loud noises and they basically follow each other in a herd?

Yeah. Since the second episode of the series. Glen drove a car with its alarm on to draw the walkers away from the department store.

General Ian Zane

General Ian Zane

Roamer

• Members
I enjoyed the episode.

Mich and the baby (and all of the previous tension) made me cry. I wasn't expecting that.

Rick's reaction to the execution of his pig plan was excellent, in particular in combination with the cinematography, this scene was quite good. In a way, he is leading himself away.

Honeymoon is over for (slightly sick looking In Real Life) Glenn and the Mags. Bob or the other doc burnt the bodies? That's my wild guess.

Tyrese, man, he is not having a good week. He is going to need help, quickly. Is Sasha watching him?

At this point, I don't think the governor has anything to do with this season. I think the theme, right now, is all the ways that a strong
fortress can collapse from the inside out.

I keep coming back to the older sister. Nearly headless Nick deserved rat food, don't you think? I'm really worried that she is the flashlight in the dark. Gimple, if you are setting me up... well, that's ok!

DeGeorgetown

DeGeorgetown

S-mart Employee

• Members
My sister thinks the person who burned the bodies is Bob. Something does seem off about him, but I think it was the other doctor. I thought for sure I heard the council say they were going to send the doctor to look at Karen and David.

Mrs. DD

Mrs. DD

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationIndiana
I think Lizzy is feeding the walkers and Bob killed and burned Karen and David.

tumblr_nwtdrwFfAs1uxhwb1o4_250.gif

Mike010

Mike010

Infected

• Members
  • LocationFrance
I loved that episode. Still, there are things bothering me : the fact that watchnight (Glenn?) didn't notice someone is feeding the walkers - the light should have attract his attention as well as the noise made by the walker getting excited by the blood. Also, as many mentioned, why to kill the walker at the fence or feed them with pigs, when you could attract them with a slow moving cars ... (as Merle did last season) ? Except, this, I truly love the show.
Le French Zombie

howboutthoseos

howboutthoseos

Infected

• Members
Did Bob appear at all in episode 2? I don't recall seeing him. That in itself is suspicious.

Bitergram

Bitergram

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationCalifornia

Did Bob appear at all in episode 2? I don't recall seeing him. That in itself is suspicious.

He was with Dr. S and the gang when they were looking at the kid who sleepwalks. He had a couple lines, I don't recall them right away though.

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers

He was with Dr. S and the gang when they were looking at the kid who sleepwalks. He had a couple lines, I don't recall them right away though.

He was talking about how infections spread quickly in close quarters. Hmmm.... :lol:

Creeper

Creeper

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanada

I loved that episode. Still, there are things bothering me : the fact that watchnight (Glenn?) didn't notice someone is feeding the walkers - the light should have attract his attention as well as the noise made by the walker getting excited by the blood. Also, as many mentioned, why to kill the walker at the fence or feed them with pigs, when you could attract them with a slow moving cars ... (as Merle did last season) ? Except, this, I truly love the show.

Unfortunately, Glenn doesn't seem to be taking their role as watchmen very seriously. Maybe he wasn't really watching at all. Seems to spend a lot more time gazing adoringly at Maggie.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!