The Walking Dead Season 4 Ep 2 - Infected - Review

- - - - - rick the prison the walking dead season 4 review rate and review

The Walking Dead - Infected (232 )

What was your opinion of Episode 2 - Infected?

1. Excellent (134 [57.76%] - )

57.76%

2. Good - Some Critiques (80 [34.48%] - )

34.48%

3. Fair - Not What I Expected (13 [5.60%] - )

5.60%

4. Poor (5 [2.16%] - )

2.16%

rumblepup

rumblepup

The Puppetmaster

• Administrators

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nkdh7NSpkUY

As the group faces a brand new enemy, Rick and the others must fight to protect the livelihood they worked so hard to create at the prison.

**This thread will be closed until after the first showing of The Walking Dead 9PM EST**

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers
** Just a reminder that this thread is to discuss the episode only - the previews shown at the end of the episode or on Talking Dead are considered a spoiler, and should only be discussed in the spoiler forum. Thank you. :) **

Tay

Tay

Infected

• Members
Good episode. I'm glad that they're putting the focus back on the walkers. I have a question though:

Have they introduced the fact that the walkers are attracted by loud noises and they basically follow each other in a herd?

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln
Alright I loved it... That was my favorite episode since The Killer Within.

I'll write more later but my standout scene was with Carol and the girls when Lizzie tried to kill her father but couldn't and her little sister had to console her. That was heartbreaking.

Jaybird

Jaybird

Infected

• Members
Really good episode tonight... man tonight seemed like it went by way too quickly.

Ok - who is feeding the walkers? I thought/think it was one of the kids that maybe sees them as human... or maybe it's a gov plant...

Sad to see the pigs get killed off... I understand why they did it, but thought that was one of the more powerful scenes with a pig!

Thought the scene with the girls and their dad was really good, and loved how the younger girl called her sister crazy

Loved the scene with Michonne and Judith... really powerful.

And who the heck burned the two sick people and did they turn first or get killed? I was a little confused at the end...

really think they need to lock down everyone at night. or at least I'd lock my self in at night just to be safe

and I'm really surprised they haven't reinforced the fence by now... I mean honestly....

akontura11890

akontura11890

S-mart Employee

• Members
Real fast, at the end, that was Karen and David that were roasted, right?

Travmuney

Travmuney

Infected

• Members
Cool episode. Wish they would have set up some type of crude alarm system in the prison during the night. Bring back the cans on a string or something. Might have worked this time.

rugter32

rugter32

Infected

• Members
  • LocationGuatemala
That was the best pig acting I've seen since Babe.
That'll do pig. That'll do.

Jaybird

Jaybird

Infected

• Members

That was my understanding.

UltraAmbiguousID

UltraAmbiguousID

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationTonawanda, New York, USA

Sad to see the pigs get killed off... I understand why they did it, but thought that was one of the more powerful scenes with a pig!

I cried... and then when Rick started crying, I outright bawled. If it wasn't Andrew Lincoln sacrificing those pigs, it wouldn't have been so intense and sorrowful.

OMEN

OMEN

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationBack in Gods Country - TEXAS
I would dhave left the pigs run around instead killing them to make walkers chase them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Twinkies

Twinkies

Infected

• Members
The pigs might have been carrying the virus so that was a good way to dispose of them.

The little girls creep me out & wow, that was the most expressive I have ever seen Michonne.

I am also wondering about the burned bodies. Were they' killed while alive or after they turned?

akontura11890

akontura11890

S-mart Employee

• Members
That's what I figured, im curious what route they were gona take with the little girls, i also think Beth may have killed and burned them

Jaybird

Jaybird

Infected

• Members
Also.... how messed up is it for Tyrese... episode 1... you have a girlfriend... episode 2... someone roasts her...

tasteslikechicken

tasteslikechicken

Infected

• Members

That was my understanding.

Yeah they just said it was on talking dead.

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • LocationThe Prydwen
Great episode.

I like how the walkers look more rotted as time goes on. Good attention to detail on the part of the show's creators.

Shield yourself from those not bound to you by steel, for they are the blind. Aid them when you can, but lose not sight of yourself. 

tasteslikechicken

tasteslikechicken

Infected

• Members
For a while I wasn't sure if Beth was the one Daryl but an arrow through! I was like WHAAAaaat??

OMEN

OMEN

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationBack in Gods Country - TEXAS
Looks like knocked out or killed

Look at the blood trail

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Good episode. I'm glad that they're putting the focus back on the walkers. I have a question though:

Have they introduced the fact that the walkers are attracted by loud noises and they basically follow each other in a herd?

Yes, many times they have shown that that is walker behavior, most specifically was back in S2, when the walkers followed the noise of the helicopter and then converged onto the farm. In last weeks epi, they played music at the former military outpost to draw the walkers out of the fenced in area.

Yes.

Really good episode tonight... man tonight seemed like it went by way too quickly.

Ok - who is feeding the walkers? I thought/think it was one of the kids that maybe sees them as human... or maybe it's a gov plant...

Thought the scene with the girls and their dad was really good, and loved how the younger girl called her sister crazy

Loved the scene with Michonne and Judith... really powerful.

And who the heck burned the two sick people and did they turn first or get killed? I was a little confused at the end...

really think they need to lock down everyone at night. or at least I'd lock my self in at night just to be safe

and I'm really surprised they haven't reinforced the fence by now... I mean honestly....

I agree. This episode made me cry twice. Danai is a very powerful actress.

I couldn't watch as Rick killed the pigs. :(

Twinkies

Twinkies

Infected

• Members
Me too, tasteslikechicken.

rexmundi

rexmundi

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationCalifornia
I really enjoyed that. It would be very dramatic if Sasha is the one who burned Karen. I think the older girl Carol adopted may become the equivalent to comic Sophia and be Carl's zombie apocalypse partner..

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

The pigs might have been carrying the virus so that was a good way to dispose of them.

The little girls creep me out & wow, that was the most expressive I have ever seen Michonne.

I am also wondering about the burned bodies. Were they' killed while alive or after they turned?

There was a blood trail, so I am assuming that they were killed first.

Kikora

Kikora

Lurker

• Members
A few things bothered me in this episode:

For a dead guy with no conscious thought process, Walker Patrick sure did pick the perfect spot to bite his victim. Season two we see a walker aim for Daryl's boot because, presumably, it was closest and the walker is too dumb to know foot from face, but this time it really looked like he looked his victim over before biting. I suppose, though, it could be argued that the man was snoring and he was following the rumbling noise.. But still.

How quickly they identified Patrick. It seemed like they just looked at him right after he was shot and knew that he had no bites. With that much blood on him there is no way they could make that call without a thorough search.

That no one is drawing a line with that little girl's misconception about walkers. Her sister can see it, but the adults are completely ignoring how skewed her perception is.

That Rick used the pig as bait and only drove a handful of feet away from the fence to disperse them. Come on, Rick, really? I get that you suspect the pigs are sick so losing them is no great loss, but if that is the thought process, why in the name of all that is good would you deliberately expose yourself to their blood? Walkers don't need to see the blood to attack the pig, just setting it down would do the trick. Secondly, if you are going to needlessly feed the pigs to the walkers rather than simply making noise and driving off, why didn't you drive further away from the fence line so they won't just come back in twenty minutes when the meal is done? Stupid.

The meaningless character deaths of people we don't know but should care about because of their interactions with other characters we barely know.

Burying/burning bodies infected with an unknown pathogen on prison property. Way to spread it, guys.

Also, who else noticed that Judith is coughing? That is definitely an, 'I feel sick' cry.

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers

I would dhave left the pigs run around instead killing them to make walkers chase them

He didn't kill them, just drew blood.

Edocil

Edocil

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationGreendale
am I the only one who sees those two little girls playing out the whole Billy/Ben story line from the comics? because lets be honest that older one be CRAY

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!