Walkers Evolving?

- - - - - wlkers virus

Deadringer

Deadringer

Infected

• Members
In response to the original post I think there are more zombies actively pushing to get in because there are many more people there now, animals too, in plain sight outdoors. It was mentioned in a previous season that they seemed to target people by smell as well as noise, so there are more of both of those elements now they have a big bunch of people living there. I guess the zombies are getting more hungry now too as they are fewer people still left alive out in the open.
Seems to be something up with the bleeding eyes zombies and the kid, some link with the virus there for sure

Major Tom

Major Tom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCommonwealth of Lower Alabama

This all brings me to wonder if over time the walkers are evolving or being affected by the new mystery virus in a way to cause this change. I cant remember if we were told the new "threat" affects everyone including walkers making them more dangerous.

Any thoughts?

Could be Sweet, but I hope not. I consider mindless shambling zombies perfect and not to be messed with. There are hundreds of potential plot twists and turns without turning the Z's into homo novus.
For a reasonable fee, I will quell minor outbreaks, enforce quarantines, and dispatch infected relatives.

hannsg

hannsg

Biter

• Validating
they need to cover the prison fence with something sheets ,cardboard whatever
also good for blocking human snipers or OP.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

zombieprincess

zombieprincess

Infected

• Members
I had always thought that maybe the walkers were more "intelligent" when they barely turned and over time they got dumber as they decomposed :srug:

etphoto

etphoto

Biter

• Members
I hope the walkers dont evolve either. I can see that once the show loses its interest (like season 7 or something) they might write evolving zombies in to try and change things up, idk.

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

Watty

Watty

Infected

• Members
  • LocationAlabama

Woodbury had a good size group and we never saw that problem there, just the occasional roamer lumbering along without a real seems of purpose until they got close enough to the barrier only to be easily shot.

Woodbury also had walls, not fences. A walker that stumbles across the Prison could spot people from that distance because they can see through the fence, a walker who just happened to stumble near Woodbury wouldn't see anyone from a far distance. Plus at the prison they have all those people outside, there's lots of vehicles moving around, food is being cooked, they're farming. There's a lot more happening than in season 3 when there was only a handful of people and they remained out of site for the most part to the walkers
R.I.P. Shane

Lurwalker

Lurwalker

Biter

• Members
  • LocationLouisiana
I also believe that the zombies are just reacting to the fact that there is more human activity that they can see in the basic fenced in yard area not to mention the livestock noises and smells emitting outward. I have also wondered if it is the last ditch effort for them to become more aggressive right before their bodies hit their breaking point if they haven't eaten in some time. It also seems to me that they simply have a natural tendency to herd together as this has progressed. It seems to me that they are all facing one direction in the past 2 seasons (possibly due to hearing the helicopter) but when they show the walkers you haven't seen 3 walking west in the woods and 2 others walking past to the east (they are all heading in the same direction).

DominusPisces

DominusPisces

Biter

• Members
  • LocationFlorida
I don't think the bleeding eyes virus is affecting walkers. Its possible the one walker died from that infection before it revived.

The walkers are attracted to movement. If they walk towards motion and smell its a walker they lose interest in eating and simply follow the zombie infront of it.

I think they are more pissy since they havnt eaten. Even if eating doesnt do anything for them, they still want to eat and its not being satisfied.

Also Land of the Dead was awsome. How can anyone not enjoy watching Bub play with the jackhammer, show Butcher how to chop down a wall or teach Cheerleader how to use a Gun? What an enjoyably stupid film.

Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray thee Lord these bites aren't deep.
Should I die before I wake, I pray thee Lord, my skull they break.

Nareen

Nareen

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanada
I think that there could be a reason that the walkers are congregating at the fence that has not yet been revealed to us.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!